Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

What the fuck full-time job does Tim have? Good for him if he's working and studying, but Jill's radio silence is suspicious. She should be bragging about this. 

Why is Jill showing photos of kids with animals? Is she trying to soften the backlash on her political Covid story? Shouldn't she be all in making germ-y nut cups for Nurie's wedding? 

• LOL 10

Geese are not the animal to be loving on.  They're mean as hell, but they do something called imprinting.  They, along, with ducks, will become glued to a person if introduced in their early life.  We all know the Rods are not smart, but as cute as this is, it is not a good idea.

Jill's crazy COVID post is still showing when I go on her Instagram.  I did report it yesterday, and I'm off to do the same thing again.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Geese are not the animal to be loving on.  They're mean as hell, but they do something called imprinting.  They, along, with ducks, will become glued to a person if introduced in their early life.  We all know the Rods are not smart, but as cute as this is, it is not a good idea.

These geese are far beyond the age of normal imprinting; they have essentially adult plumage, so they are several months old, if not older.  Imprinting tends to happen in the first hours or day after hatching.  It's possible that these geese were raised by other humans and then released wherever the Rods found them.  It's also possible that these have been fed by humans since hatching, and that the Rods gave them food and they followed them home.   Either way, while it's cute, it's not a good idea, and it's illegal to keep them without a permit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

Sew Sumi, I was actually thinking about that classic WKRP In Cincinnati episode as I typed my post. 

Edited by Liddy52
Misspelled Sew Sumi's name.
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Oh dear! I was reading all the comments about the geese and scrolling down to the next posts. All of a sudden I saw Fostersmom''s post but only saw the beginning, " Timothy took a few of them up for a flight." I had not yet scrolled down enough to see the pictures. Since my mind was still on the geese, I was trying to figure out why, how etc. Timothy took the geese up for a flight! Was he going to toss them out of the plane hoping they would fly home?????? Did he just think they would enjoy the view??? What on earth was he doing. So when I scrolled down and realized he took some of his family flying,  it was a little bit anticlimactic. 

LOL! There was a movie called Fly Away Home about a pilot trying to get geese to fly with his plane. I remember seeing it forever ago. I believe it was loosely based on a true story.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

LOL! There was a movie called Fly Away Home about a pilot trying to get geese to fly with his plane. I remember seeing it forever ago. I believe it was loosely based on a true story.

With Anna Pacquin. I bet Jill fancies herself another Anna Pacquin🤣

• Love 3

That looks like goose droppings next to the piece of cardboard where the Rodlet is standing barefoot. One more unpleasant thing about geese is that they mess a place pretty SEVERELY. Walking barefoot or sitting on the ground might not be the best idea.  

On the other hand, David might be having a Dickensian moment and thinking of roasted goose for dinner. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That looks like goose droppings next to the piece of cardboard where the Rodlet is standing barefoot. One more unpleasant thing about geese is that they mess a place pretty SEVERELY. Walking barefoot or sitting on the ground might not be the best idea.  

On the other hand, David might be having a Dickensian moment and thinking of roasted goose for dinner. 

One mid-sized gosling would be about right for Shrek.

• LOL 3
(edited)

I don't know whether to be happy that Sofia seems to have actually gotten a brand-new doll for her birthday, or sad that she had a birthday party in the middle of a pandemic.  I'm going to go with sad.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did JillR do a before and after for her kitchen? That kitchen looks nice. Did they start the party at a friend's house then walk to the Tin Barn of Tchotchkes for the party?

I wondered that as well. I have not seen before and after of the kitchen. but the rest of the pics seem to be in the barndominium.

I wonder how they will heat the place without the industrial heating unit. also noticed what seems to be  a portable AC unit in the love nest behind Sofia in her nightgown. bet the packed girls room doesn't have one of those

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did JillR do a before and after for her kitchen? That kitchen looks nice. Did they start the party at a friend's house then walk to the Tin Barn of Tchotchkes for the party?

Going by the first picture below,  posted in June, it’s their kitchen.

The others are screenshots from a video.

C5A8C504-F214-494B-BB10-AEA128FF6908.jpeg

0518D1B3-B1CC-459F-BC94-1F0D6AE3CAB4.jpeg

DC218325-1281-4B94-AC19-9DCD04230181.jpeg

• Love 4

After a SEVERE weather event in my area, the wild life (and humans) were all kinds of confused. Once things settled down a bit and most of the debris was cleared, three different families of geese kept stopping by. My lovely neighbor spent three days in a row waving whatever fabric she could find, in their faces, to rid our neighborhood of geese.

They have never returned.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well Sophia got a new, age appropriate toy and what appears to be a new nightgown over her clothes, so I guess that is progress.  They shouldn’t have had a party during a pandemic, but it’s not like they've been social distancing or wearing masks anyway.  If these chucklefucks are going to congregate then let it be in their personal petri-dish.

• Love 11

Where did they get all the money for all those renovations?  I know Shrek did the work, corners were cut, and they didn't exactly use top of the line materials, but it still adds up quickly.  I went to Lowe's yesterday for a few hardware items and it cost me $45.  I can't imagine how much they have spent.  

Who puts a shelf of what looks like figurines next to a stove?  Just think of the grease.  Other than that the kitchen does not look bad.

One of the guests was wearing a Cleveland Indians t-shirt.  I know they are in Ohio, and maybe she is a fan, but knowing Jill and the folks who would tend to be her "friends" I can't help but think she was making a statement.

I am glad the little waif got a party and a couple of presents.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Except the poor little waif got a doll meant for a 2 year old...

Well, if the 15 year olds get a Build-A-Bear ...

YMMV, but I assume some 5 year olds still play with baby dolls.  

• Love 14

Have we ever seen the little Rod girls with cute little pigtails, bows/ribbons in their hair, etc?  They always look so disheveled.  As much as Jill seems to focus on appearance (weight and especially the the makeup), why do the little girls look bedraggled?  Bless their little hearts.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I would bet money that the lord laid it on the hearts of the Dingii to give Sofia this party. 

Sofia the 1st is off trend, my oldest grand is 9 and she liked Sofia the 1st when she was 2. so it is all dollar store stuff. nothing wrong with that if that is what Sofia wanted and likes. but probably not a big outlay of money for the plates and all. 5yr olds and baby dolls are still a thing with the kids I know. at least she got a new doll and seemed happy

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

She was probably thrilled that her birthday present wasn't a bunch of ketchup packets pilfered from McDonalds, or a cupcake with one giant bite taken out of it, or the carcass of a chicken that Shrek had gnawed on earlier in the day, etc.  Poor child has probably never had a brand-new baby doll of her very own.  It breaks my heart.

20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Sofia the 1st is off trend, my oldest grand is 9 and she liked Sofia the 1st when she was 2. so it is all dollar store stuff. nothing wrong with that if that is what Sofia wanted and likes. but probably not a big outlay of money for the plates and all. 5yr olds and baby dolls are still a thing with the kids I know. at least she got a new doll and seemed happy

Part of the appeal is the character is Sofia and so is that daughter. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Part of the appeal is the character is Sofia and so is that daughter. 

yes that was the appeal for my grand as well, her middle name is sofia. I was only commenting that the plates, crowns, game etc would be easily found at the dollar stores now. so not a lot of money for whoever bought the stuff.  so like maybe the Dingus' only had to bring the cake and not supply the entire party

• Love 8
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Social Media - where parents go to profess their love directly to their child, who probably can't read yet and most certainly isn't on social media. I'm so sick of the fakeness.

It's disgusting that they had a children's party during a pandemic. These people are idiots.

I wish I could like this post a hundred times!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine just issued an order mandating all Ohio counties wear masks. I wonder how that will impact The Royal Wedding?

Don't forget that Jesus exempted them from the mask rule. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm kind of surprised Sofia the First doll is allowed. The show has magic and witches in it. One of Sofia's friends is a witch. Sure she's a good witch but I doubt that matters to Fundies.

i doubt Sofia Rod has ever watched the show. but somehow they know about it. and hahaha for anyone who has ever watched sing with me  "she's making the switch, she's going to be a good little witch"

I know way too much about sofia the 1st. the friends name is Lucinda...

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i doubt Sofia Rod has ever watched the show. but somehow they know about it. and hahaha for anyone who has ever watched sing with me  "she's making the switch, she's going to be a good little witch"

I know way too much about sofia the 1st. the friends name is Lucinda...

So do I.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Well, if the 15 year olds get a Build-A-Bear ...

Nothing wrong with a 5 year old and a baby doll, but wouldn't it have been nice for her to get a doctor's play kit or something that she could aspire to when she "grows up"? Nope, its a baby doll because all she can aspire to is to be a wife and mother. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Nothing wrong with a 5 year old and a baby doll, but wouldn't it have been nice for her to get a doctor's play kit or something that she could aspire to when she "grows up"? Nope, its a baby doll because all she can aspire to is to be a wife and mother. 

but maybe she just wanted a nice new and clean baby doll. she is actually 5 and no need yet to aspire to be a dr. sad she will not know that is an option for women when she is 8, or 12, or 18

• Love 6