Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, floridamom said:

I just cringe in imagining how that talk went. 

I'd bet with all those people sharing the RV that the older kids have something of an idea of what goes on with the sexy time.  That makes me cringe even more.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

I'd bet with all those people sharing the RV that the older kids have something of an idea of what goes on with the sexy time.  That makes me cringe even more.

Oh gross. Just gross. Because you know Jill isn’t quiet while she fakes It.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If the RV is knocking don’t bother knocking!

I could see Jill and Shrek making all the kids sit outside in the rain and the dark while they work on the next blessing inside.

• Love 1

went down a rabbit hole of FB stalking after watching a doc on Amazon Prime about a Fundie arranged marriage [watch it everyone, it's terrifying!

Watched it this weekend!  I wish there was a thread for it!  For anyone interested, it's called "A Courtship" on Amazon Prime.  Thanks to the posters who shared.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Watched it this weekend!  I wish there was a thread for it!  For anyone interested, it's called "A Courtship" on Amazon Prime.  Thanks to the posters who shared.

I watched it, too.  It's less than 90 minutes and it really does expose the mindset of those in this life.  And reveals how hard it can be trying to find a mate when one's religious beliefs are so very strictly defined.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

The 9th photo they are standing next to a sign that says Prepare to meet thy God! Is that a threat? From these not social distancing idiots. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No masks in the mall, either. They're just tempting fate.

The prepare to meet thy god sign gave me chills. Not quite the message to be sending right now. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The prepare to meet thy god sign gave me chills. Not quite the message to be sending right now. 

No, its not. Its rude and ignorant. How about instead of doing crap like that, volunteer somewhere to bring meals to those in need? 

• Love 20
(edited)
9 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I saw the pics and agree,she doesn't look pregnant.I'm surprised.She was dressing in layers and I thought she'd announce at the wedding

She could still be in her first trimester. I haven't paid attention to when Jill announced before. 

But yeah, announcing a non-existent pregnancy would be so Jillesque. As would announcing the fake miscarriage. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

It's hard to tell what an early pregnancy looks like on any woman. Women do not all "show" the same way. Some start gaining weight, some all around, some in the midsection, etc. I've known women who lost weight early on, because of morning sickness and maybe trying to eat in a more healthy way.

Jill tries to stay skinny and she is relatively thin for a woman in her forties with lots of pregnancies. My memory of her pregnancy with Janessa is she barely showed in the beginning. Jinger still looks skinny for woman half-way through the pregnancy. 

At Jill's age (41), her fertility should be slowing down. She had crazy fertility in her twenties and less so in her thirties.  Jill is at risk for another "severe" miscarriage. 

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry not sorry, I am skeptical about the number of miscarriages she's had and their SEVERITY. She obviously didn't miscarry early on when she had multiple sets of Irish twins.

The risk for miscarriages goes up with age. I believe her about the number. 

I, too am skeptical about how severe her miscarriages were, but I figured someone would edit in the word severe if I didn't say so. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She obviously didn't miscarry early on when she had multiple sets of Irish twins.

One was before Nurie (1997), two were between Hannah and Olivia (2011), and two were between Olivia and Sadie (2012).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Good God! That church event (pics) seemed like one person was less attractive than the next! They all miraculously converged in one space, and the polyester! Not one natural fabric in the vicinity! 

• LOL 19

I always enjoy seeing the Rods pose with the sources for their next grifts. And here we have a NEW source--the Rogers family! I wonder what they have to offer. Can they top a side of beef? A house? A car or van? Dinner for 15 at the good Olive Garden? I'm sure we'll hear soon enough. 

The Rogers look pretty outdated (the bleached, ratty hair and '80s polyester prints), but at least they aren't starving. Jill knows her marks. 

I hope Jill got their wedding invitation in the mail as soon as she got home. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, zenme said:

Good God! That church event (pics) seemed like one person was less attractive than the next! They all miraculously converged in one space, and the polyester! Not one natural fabric in the vicinity! 

About 20 years ago, my sister got married in a Knights of Columbus hall. We had to go the night before to decorate and the room was lined with pictures around the whole perimeter, about 3 feet below the ceiling. As we were decorating, I realized even for pictures taken in the 60's and 70's, those were some of the homeliest men I'd even seen in my life. I pointed them out to my mom and that was all we could see the rest of the wedding, the ugly men staring at us. I feel like any function with the JRods is kind of like that, but with starving kids as an additional bonus. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2020 at 9:07 AM, Albanyguy said:

I could see Jill and Shrek making all the kids sit outside in the rain and the dark while they work on the next blessing inside.

Oh God NO! They're on lockdown with any of that. Must save up any fertility they have left for Nurie's wedding night. Then Jill can chronicle every second of their pregnancies together. Then get a special called "Mother-Daughter : Doubly Blessed".

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

So, insomnia hit again and I was thinking about The Upcoming Royal Wedding. Assuming it will take place here in Ohio? So that means the groom's side will be traveling here from Florida. FLORIDA. aka COVID 19 Hotspot of America.

They are not going to quarantine for 14 days. And they don't know the definition of Social Distancing.

We're all gonna die.

Edited to add: the GROOM is traveling from FLORIDA!

Edited by Westiepeach

Jill’s starving waifs will certainly die from COVID.  I’m surprised they can “sing” as skinny as they are. 

The Rods probably infected hundreds of people by now. Assuming they are carrying the virus.

I love that the Rods and their new friends grifts are standing in a circus tent. It's kind of fitting. I'd enjoy seeing David in a clown outfit. 

Yes, Jill. Reading your story will leave me aching. My eyes and head will ache SEVERELY from your butchering of the English language. 

I hope Nurie's wedding doesn't turn into a Covid party, but the chances are, unfortunately, high. There's hardly an ounce of sense among the lot of them. The Rods and their ilk keep tempting god and nature, and they'll lose.  

• Love 10

I was gawking at the pics on reddit of Jill and Shrek walking maskless at an Ohio mall:

Apparently they were strolling through the food court -- Jill with a clipboard in her hand. At one point she used the bathroom. (Maybe she was going to see if another imaginary transgender person was "lurking around.") 

What on earth would she need a clipboard for at the mall? 

Anyway, the person who took the pics said she looks rough in person. Which is...not a shock.

And again...there's a pandemic and these two people who can't stay away from any sort of crowd are inside a mall just spraying their germs everywhere. 

Ugh. I bet Jill and David were in the mall saving souls for the Lord named Daniel. Maybe the newly saved get their names entered on Jill's clipboard. Who would give their real name to these two pests? 

We'll hear about this. If she got one person to take a smiley tract, she'll have to brag. If she infected anyone, she should get sued, 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Ugh. I bet Jill and David were in the mall saving souls for the Lord named Daniel. Maybe the newly saved get their names entered on Jill's clipboard. Who would give their real name to these two pests? 

We'll hear about this. If she got one person to take a smiley tract, she'll have to brag. If she infected anyone, she should get sued, 

I  have been reading in the Josh and Anna thread too much. When I  read the words " two pests", I read it as two " sex pests". By the way, the Lord named Daniel inhabits the laundromat.  The mall could have a different Lord! You never know! 

• LOL 18
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

Me too. That’s such odd phrasing to use in selling a children’s vitamin!  😱

"Swallow this pill, swallow it all! Pound it down. Take it to pound town!"

Ugh, Jill really is gonna announce a pregnancy at the wedding, then a miscarriage at the reception.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, our Ohio Governor is holding a special press conference for Wednesday evening. He always holds them in the afternoon. Since it is in the evening this time, I suspect we will get yelled at and grounded once again because people are being stupid. I wonder how The Royal Wedding will go down, or if JillRod will say screw it and it will become a COVID party. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 9
On 7/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, ginger90 said:

Each picture is a video. Apologies in advance.

Part 1

If you survived, part 2:

The phrase that keeps occurring to me here? "Baked on, caked on, stuck on grease." I think it's an old dishwashing liquid ditty? Baked on, caked on, stuck on makeup.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:26 PM, Chicklet said:

You are not even close to wrong as I want him to shoot his own ass also. Might teach him a lesson that he has no use for a gun. He still thinks he's law enforcement I bet.

Someone had best shoot him in the nuts, lest he reproduce his arrogant, entitled self.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

11FBC33F-0DC3-4410-A895-A8A55482E2DD.jpeg

🙄🙄🙄 feed your own kids you heartless harpy. You heart doesn’t ache for your own starving kids. I SERIOUSLY SEVERELY dislike Jill and David.

"aching and ready" sounds less like "I really want my kids to have vitamins" and more like. . . something else entirely.

• LOL 17