Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

rodriguesfamilyservingjesus

Thank you, New Testament Baptist Church, for treating us so good while at your church. You are truly "home away from home" for us. Thanks for all the delicious food, hospitality, etc. We love you all! 😊😁

And as we go, hopefully we'll not leave the gift of coronavirus.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

They all are carriers by this point. There is no way they are all COVID free.

And those kids could easily get VERY ill, if they truly are undernourished and sleep deprived. ☹️ 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

And those kids could easily get VERY ill, if they truly are undernourished and sleep deprived. ☹️ 

or, as their mother says, sleep depraved. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

The Poster Child of Sleep Depravity

not sure it is sleep depravity or just some run of the mill depravity. or fundy depravity, MLM marketing depravity - so many options...

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

I'm surprised she actually has a mask.  But not surprised that 1) it is on her hand and not her face and 2) she's putting her dirty hand all over the inside of it.

The story of the young lady that went to youth services at her church in Florida a few weeks ago only to come down with covid-19 and her parents decided to medicate at home until it was too late and she died in the hospital should be a lesson to these idiots.  While her kids definitely aren't obese like the teen who died, I wouldn't exactly call skeletal healthy either.  And that girl's mom was a nurse who thought she knew better than the experts and not just a dingbat pushing Plexus who thinks the same...

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

not sure it is sleep depravity or just some run of the mill depravity. or fundy depravity, MLM marketing depravity - so many options...

Is sleep depravity what Smuggar has?

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I had my annual checkup by phone this year. My doctor emphasized two things: stay out of public places as much as possible and eat nourishing food. I don't have a good feeling about the Rodriguii children, but Jill and David don't look so good either. Worst of all, they'll gleefully spread virus to the elderly people in the churches they visit. Jill and David are impossibly stupid and selfish.

As Neil DeGrasse Tyson says, "The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
On 7/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's kids need vats of this stuff. That is, if it lives up to its claims.

Too bad she's not spending money on this, all her pictures show the little girls pretending to pour adult Plexus into the bottle.

Not to mention it would be cheaper for her to buy her children actual food than plexus, since she's not doing that I just don't see her spending money for them to drink the pink crap.

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Insert Username said:

Ya know Jill, NO ONE is forcing you to do the traveling ministry. In fact, you could stay home, your husband could get a paying job, you could send your kids to school and feed them, and still volunteer and work for your church and your community. In fact, I would say that would make you better Christian as the money and resources you grift from these churches could be used to do some actual good.

Amen.David could work 20 hrs/wk and get full food benefits for the family.The kids could prob. get better educated thru online learning via their public schools, now that's there's a pandemic.But I guess that's a sin to them

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 8

It looks like David has a very nice print shop and printer.Surely he could get contracts to print bulletins,mailings,etc for churches? We have a family friend who makes over $100K/yr printing prize ribbons for schools,horse shoes,etc.There must be some way he could make money with it,rather than printing smiley tracts for free,I presume

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, sondraK said:

It looks like David has a very nice print shop and printer.Surely he could get contracts to print bulletins,mailings,etc for churches? We have a family friend who makes over $100K/yr printing prize ribbons for schools,horse shoes,etc.There must be some way he could make money with it,rather than printing smiley tracts for free,I presume

Oh I don't know. That sounds too much like work. And it might require David to interact with people who don't worship the correct Jesus, or even don't worship Jesus at all. And, you know, pay taxes and stuff. I've never thought about it, and I don't care to research it, but now I wonder if David's printing business has any kind of public marketplace presence at all. TBH, the printing business was revolutionized by the digital age. Suddenly a creative person with a regular inkjet printer could produce attractive flyers by the hundreds from the dining room table, and that was what, 20 or 30 years ago? I assume that good specialty printers can still survive. But now you can go online and order nice business cards and many other custom print jobs that are delivered to your house, no need to make a couple of trips to a print shop. 

Anyway, if David and Jill got kicked out of their fundie church in NY over some disagreement, I think he must be as much of a nutjob as his wife. It's just that he lets her do all the SM talking. He does the church preaching. Between meals.

I found the website of the church where the Rods just attended that God Bless America gathering. There's a "missions" tab there and when I clicked it, I found lists of domestic and foreign "missions" and "missionaries" the church supports. On the former list: the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus or whatever they call themselves. I assume that means the church endorses them and encourages donations to them. I don't know if the church itself hands over any cash to the Rods. But with that sort of relationship, it wouldn't surprise me if the church expects David to pony up printed materials at no charge (or only for the cost of materials). 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I found the website of the church where the Rods just attended that God Bless America gathering. There's a "missions" tab there and when I clicked it, I found lists of domestic and foreign "missions" and "missionaries" the church supports. On the former list: the Rodrigues Family Serving Jesus or whatever they call themselves. I assume that means the church endorses them and encourages donations to them. I don't know if the church itself hands over any cash to the Rods. But with that sort of relationship, it wouldn't surprise me if the church expects David to pony up printed materials at no charge (or only for the cost of materials). 

Is this the same church they visited last 4th of July?  I remember them visiting a church that did some kind of fancy service which included grifting matching  red, white & blue outfits for all the girls, young and old.  They weren't the greatest looking but much nicer than what they would have thrown together for themselves.  IIRC the older girls incl Jill were lined up like an older singing group.  Can anyone dig up these pictures? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Is this the same church they visited last 4th of July?  I remember them visiting a church that did some kind of fancy service which included grifting matching  red, white & blue outfits for all the girls, young and old.  They weren't the greatest looking but much nicer than what they would have thrown together for themselves.  IIRC the older girls incl Jill were lined up like an older singing group.  Can anyone dig up these pictures? 

Yes it's the same church.  JillRod loves them because they feed her family so well!  Sorry, I don't have Instagram to pull up the pictures.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Gee selling possibly poisonous shakes is helpful? 

I read this as her selling possibly poisonous snakes and was instantly intrigued by what she had traded Plexus in for. LOL

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

If the Rodrigues family is listed as a "ministry" supported by the church, I would assume that means that the Rods are a line item on the church budget and receive monthly or annual donations of a set amount. The church might also take up a love offering when the Rods visit to "perform" and "preach." WRT David's printing services, I'd be really surprised if there were any sort of overt quid pro quo situation, but if the church didn't already have a relationship with a Christian printing business, they might hire him for print job and he would likely cut them a good deal. Granted, all of the above are my guesses based on how things were done in the Southern Baptist churches that I attended for many years.

• Love 8

In the second group of pictures showcasing her "staining skills"- is that a Thomas Kinkade  painting?  Because, you know, it would be her style.

I would rather have a window and natural light than a niche for a bunch of overpriced figurines, but that's just me.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

In the second group of pictures showcasing her "staining skills"- is that a Thomas Kinkade  painting?  Because, you know, it would be her style.

I would rather have a window and natural light than a niche for a bunch of overpriced figurines, but that's just me.

Sure looks like the work of the demon “painter of light.” Fugly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

How did I miss those house pictures?? I'm all astonishment as this thread is the highlight of my day lately. And it's painfully obvious that Igor can't put up drywall correctly. Too many drywall screws as i was told when a friend laughed at my attempt.

I'm sure the kids have claustrophobia from that shit in there. I have a sister-in-law who decorates like Jill. And is a fundamentalist christian. And just plain nuts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8