Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 7/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, BradandJanet said:

Here's the Sunday schedule for the radio programs: https://wvgvradio.com/listen-in/program-guide/. The station operates out of West Virginia, and the programs are mostly 10-15 minutes. 

My favorite in the lineup is the 5:00 program: Patterns for Christian Living with Mark Biter. 

Also a favourite 7:15 am - Sowing the Seed with Rick Fox 

• LOL 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

After I had my wisdom teeth out I was loopy and surprisingly talkative. It didn’t wear off for about 5 hours, and then I was so, so miserable (4 teeth removed, 4 dry sockets. It was bad). This was perhaps the most animated and genuine I’ve seen them.

Me too. As soon as I was up, I was giggly and talkative, and the dental assistant said something like, "Oh you're one of the ones who gets giddy." My brother actually threatened to drive off and leave me because I kept talking and laughing over him and the Walgreens drive-in person, which just made me laugh even harder.  My grandmother also called in the parking lot in the middle of all this and was so weirded out by all the noise in the background, she asked what that was, and he hissed, "Your granddaughter!" LOLOL

And then when it wore off, I was so miserable. Like, I think I actually tapped out mid-giggle. 

So, yeah, I could totally believe they were buzzed off the anesthesia. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Are these radio programs and presenters real? 

1 hour ago, lianau said:

Also a favourite 7:15 am - Sowing the Seed with Rick Fox 

3:00 pm - Crimson River Baptist Broadcast with Denver Burnside (30m)

I feel as if we're being trolled. 

• LOL 3

So wait a second - the girls have to wear leggings and a t-shirt under a dress because "modesty" but the douchelord in the middle can strut his stuff in jeans so tight he probably has to be carried everywhere?

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
On 7/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Oh STFU Jill.

eta: they took Renee to "live theater." 

What kind of hot mess did they take the poor graduate to? I have no idea what circus sideshow/ community talent show they saw, but "live theater" it was NOT. Even sadder, if Renee really wants to see a live show, they now are close enough to Cleveland to see an actual show. Cleveland's theater scene is quite large, second to NYC. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Even sadder, if Renee really wants to see a live show, they now are close enough to Cleveland to see an actual show.

But are Cleveland's theaters actually open right now?

Granted, even if they were, I doubt the Rods would go. Real theater would probably be both too risque and too pricey for them. They're sticking to hat juggling and ventriloquism (although I do wonder if that ventriloquist and his dummy are G-rated...).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Anybody else see this gem?

106898122_764755967605038_2991508104297804073_o.jpg

All douchey tools.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They look like they're posing for the Sears catalog.  They also look like jerks.

Or posing for a Grindr picture. 🤣

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

But are Cleveland's theaters actually open right now?

Granted, even if they were, I doubt the Rods would go. Real theater would probably be both too risque and too pricey for them. They're sticking to hat juggling and ventriloquism (although I do wonder if that ventriloquist and his dummy are G-rated...).

Amish theater? 

• LOL 5
24 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

All douchey tools.

Or posing for a Grindr picture. 🤣

Too many clothes on and full headshots . Each of them would be a torso pic only . 

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

My first thought was Abercrombie models.  But in any case, they looks so full of themselves and their good looks and their great hair.  The balding Duggar boys must be jealous~

Eh, they’re not all that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will say that the Bates boys pull off what they are trying to pull off better than the Duggar boys, which I'm guessing is some sort of men's modeling motif. The only Duggars who looked halfway decent in that flag photo were Jeremiah and Justin. And don't get me started on Bunk Bed Jed! 

Which of the Bates boys are in the photo? I'm guessing Lawson is one. 

ETA: The caption was cut off, and I see why. Here it is, it wasn't what I expected. OK, so with that in mind, I'd say that while the Bateses look better, the Duggars' picture - marginally - better matches the message they were going for.

"There’s rarely a moment our inner peace, emotional state, and overall mentality can’t be improved to some degree with changes in our focus— from self to faith, from my negatives to all my blessings, from temporal things to eternal things, from despair to my hope in Jesus.

The great psalmist King David said this, “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living... Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Can we always control, know, or even understand life’s path and outcomes? No. But we can find comfort in the promise that whatever we face our Heavenly Father will walk through it with us, lift us up when we fall, forgive us where we fail, and give us a peace and fulfillment beyond our greatest expectation.

Does it sound too utopian? How can we even grasp all these promises? Well, He gives us a good place start in 1 Peter chapter 5: “Be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. The God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”
So however your day, week, or year (we all know about that one 🙋🏻‍♂️) has been going, be sure to never ever forget: your life still matters; your past doesn’t have to dictate your future; you’re loved to infinity by your Creator and He still wants to do amazing things in and through YOU.

Believe that. Talk to Him about it. Trust that He cares. He does.

Just a few Sunday thoughts 🙂 Have a blessed week 🤍"

Edited by madpsych78
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

I will say that the Bates boys pull off what they are trying to pull off better than the Duggar boys. The only Duggars who looked halfway decent in that flag photo were Jeremiah and Justin. And don't get me started on Bunk Bed Jed! 

I really have no clue what they are trying to “pull off.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

What kind of hot mess did they take the poor graduate to? I have no idea what circus sideshow/ community talent show they saw, but "live theater" it was NOT. Even sadder, if Renee really wants to see a live show, they now are close enough to Cleveland to see an actual show. Cleveland's theater scene is quite large, second to NYC. 

Yep, Playhouse Square is the second largest theater district in the country.  Alas, like Broadway, it is closed for the foreseeable future.  I have no idea where Jill took Renee, even the community theater groups have shut down due to the virus.

Ohio still bans live performances, so I doubt any legit theater organization would be staging anything.  Maybe a fundy church had a talent contest?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm sure it was a morality tale production at a local church. Parents and siblings in the audience. No masks, no distancing, coffee and cake gathering after. Jill is not too familiar with professional theater or the other arts, as evidenced by her tacky home decorating ideas and general lack of knowledge about anything that doesn't showcase her.  

• Love 5

I know from personal experience that dental problems can run in families, but doesn't it seem kinda odd that so many of the Rod kids and Duggar kids (Bates ?) need their wisdom teeth removed?  The Amish have Rumspringa and the fundies have oral surgery.

It's been one of those days 🙄

• LOL 10
21 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I know from personal experience that dental problems can run in families, but doesn't it seem kinda odd that so many of the Rod kids and Duggar kids (Bates ?) need their wisdom teeth removed?  The Amish have Rumspringa and the fundies have oral surgery.

Don't most people have their wisdom teeth removed between ages 16 & 22? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Lawson and Jackson or Lawson and Warden?  I am not sure, but both Jackson and Warden are poser pretty boys like Lawson

56 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I was always under the impression the majority of people did. My brother--the one who was not a happy camper with me coming off anesthesia--is one of the only people I know who still has his wisdom teeth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I think for sure for anyone who has had braces. Wisdom teeth can undo all that work.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I managed to avoid it until I was 30, and my husband until he was 32. I didn’t get the impression at the time that it was unusual to have them out at my age, and no dentist had recommended it until then. I think there are a lot of people who don’t have to get them out; in my case they were sideways and starting to affect my molars. 

@drafan, that’s who the Bates boys reminded me of, Derek Hough! I couldn’t put my finger on it but as soon as I saw your post it clicked. If only the Bates’ ideas about modesty weren’t limited to clothes - they have certainly raised their kids to seek attention.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Zella said:

I was always under the impression the majority of people did. My brother--the one who was not a happy camper with me coming off anesthesia--is one of the only people I know who still has his wisdom teeth. 

My mom is 62 and still has her wisdom teeth.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think for sure for anyone who has had braces. Wisdom teeth can undo all that work.

Nope. Had braces my freshman year of college and during my Ph.D. (wear your retainers kids), and I had two wisdom teeth removed after the first set of braces, and the second two removed about four months ago.  Surprisingly my wisdom teeth were the only ones that came in straight. I also had one with four roots instead of two.  That one was a real bitch to remove because those roots didn’t show on the x-ray.