Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Where can one find an audio copy of the show?  Asking for a friend. 😏

Not sure. A member of FJ listens to it and transcribes it. She never provides a link. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

They just randomly decided to gallop down the street carrying a flag?  ::smh::

“ Why isn’t 30-year-old Jana married? I don’t understand! “ kris jenner mystery GIF

• LOL 11
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not sure. A member of FJ listens to it and transcribes it. She never provides a link. 

is anyone else actually listening to this or is it just snarkers? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Here's the Sunday schedule for the radio programs: https://wvgvradio.com/listen-in/program-guide/. The station operates out of West Virginia, and the programs are mostly 10-15 minutes. 

My favorite in the lineup is the 5:00 program: Patterns for Christian Living with Mark Biter. 

Here's a good one:

10:30 pm - Poorhouse to the Palace with Doug Cassel (10m)

• LOL 4

This post from Alyssa Bates is sad. At least with the Duggars no one other than Anna has a daughter old enough to be a sister mom... yet.

websterforever

Ladies and gentlemen, WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! This morning Allie woke up, dressed herself and then dressed Lexi AND Zoey. I’m not going to lie... it was a very big and proud “mom moment” for me. Suddenly all my hard work is starting to pay off 😂 Having a 5 year old is pretty awesome!

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This post from Alyssa Bates is sad. At least with the Duggars no one other than Anna has a daughter old enough to be a sister mom... yet.

websterforever

Ladies and gentlemen, WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!! This morning Allie woke up, dressed herself and then dressed Lexi AND Zoey. I’m not going to lie... it was a very big and proud “mom moment” for me. Suddenly all my hard work is starting to pay off 😂 Having a 5 year old is pretty awesome!

But now Anna is also training girls from other families 😢.

Yep. The next generation of sister moms is well on its way. Ivy's got maybe 4 years to go before she can start cleaning up after her older brothers, so Jessa can rest and relax and enjoy her exalted status as a breeder for Jesus.

• Love 1

About Alyssa’s post....having a 4 year old I actually don’t see it as anything nefarious at all. Mine doesn’t have any younger siblings, but I can totally see her doing this with great pride and fierce defense of her wanting to “do it myself”.  I am seldom allowed any input these days into what she’s going to wear (other than very high level approval such as sleeveless being okay or it being too cold and wet for shorts, for example”.  Heaven forbid I offer to help her, unless she’s in a mood to act helpless and suddenly lost her ability to move her arms and legs.  Much of the time she insists on dressing herself and yes, if she had younger siblings she’d be adamant that she can both choose their clothes for them and dress them too.  It’s a pretty common stage of independence and even bossiness.  She will even yell at me if she just thinks I’m heading to her bedroom to open her closet...as she will do it herself.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

If Allie did this on her own with no prompting that is great.  My concern is that she will be expected to keep doing it every day, even if the novelty wears off and she doesn't feel like it.  

I have no issue with giving children age appropriate chores, such as making their beds or putting their dirty laundry in the hamper.  But no 5 year old should be expected to be responsible for her younger sisters.  

Alyssa grew up having to care for younger siblings while her mother pumped out more and more babies.  I was hoping that she would not do the same thing to her own daughters.  Admittedly, I may be reading more into her post and she is just proud of her daughter's independence.  But given her history I am skeptical.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 24

A grown woman telling people that her 18 yr old is her "best friend". Meaning she doesn't have any real friends. 

I admit I only want to watch Jill's former best friend what'sername marry that Duggar-adjacent guy to snark. I hope Kaylee noticed that her sister lost her position as her crazy mother's "best friend".

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're not home this weekend. Guess Jill just found some good wifi. 

The first picture, for one reason I want to cry when I look at it. If I did not know better I would say it was a picture of two young girls who's dear friend had passed and they were trying to some for the picture when they really wanted to cry.

Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

The first picture, for some reason I want to cry when I look at it. If I did not know better I would say it was a picture of two young girls who's dear friend had passed and they were trying to some for the picture when they really wanted to cry.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Idk,my kids were still knocked out and slept all the way home when they had their teeth out.I guess it affects everyone differently

The Rodkids probably got less anesthesia to save money, but they also experienced exhilaration for the first time. I hope they can remember the feeling of being carefree 'cause their lives are designed to promote misery.  

• Love 6

After I had my wisdom teeth out I was loopy and surprisingly talkative. It didn’t wear off for about 5 hours, and then I was so, so miserable (4 teeth removed, 4 dry sockets. It was bad). This was perhaps the most animated and genuine I’ve seen them.

Why does Jill wear leggings under her dress? Is she delusional enough to think she's so hot some man might be defrauded by looking at her legs? If so, I guess the Hulk will defend her honor if he can make the effort to pull himself up from the dinner table. 

Poor Nurie sure fell off the most valuable list pretty fast. Easy come, easy go. 

I'd stand in line for a cure rather than to sign up to have some nutjob evangelical science denier cough virus on me. I didn't even get the joke in the cartoon until I read her comment. 

• Love 9

The ugly mother/daughter dresses didn't need leggings they're plenty long for modesty. Poor Kaylee, her eyes and her grimace scream "Help Me!". 

I do find it interesting that they seem to have an actual social life where they're living. I don't remember a lot of pictures of friends the teens age from the other house. Usually their best friends were whichever pastors' kid was roped into entertaining them at the church they where they were singing grifting.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m still not over Jill mugging for the camera at a funeral. 

And not just any funeral; the services for a group of young children, all related, who died in a terrible house fire. The family being people that Jill did not know, had never met; but she decided to crash their childrens' services and take photos anyway.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Who wears full makeup to an oral surgery appointment?  Their priorities baffle me. 

Not only did they wear full makeup, but the girls seem to have re-applied their lipstick afterwards.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Why does Jill wear leggings under her dress? Is she delusional enough to think she's so hot some man might be defrauded by looking at her legs? If so, I guess the Hulk will defend her honor if he can make the effort to pull himself up from the dinner table. 

Maybe the leggings are to make up for the fact that she is showing her toes and feet in her flip flops. Gothard would go for the trade-off~

• LOL 3

How uptight and restrained are these kids if dental anesthetics make them feel giddy and happy?  After my wisdom teeth came out I just wanted to sleep. [And I didn't wear any makeup, even if the oral surgeon was cute.] So disturbing...and they should have worn seatbelts too.

• Love 2
(edited)

I e had several mouth surgeries and have never been anything but tired and in pain afterwards... also are seatbelts not compulsory where they live?

Edited by Totally
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Totally said:

I e had several mouth surgeries and have never been anything but tired and in pain afterwards... also are seatbelts not compulsory where they live?

I thought seatbelt laws were compulsory everywhere. No?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't know which girl is on the right, but her smile looks like a grimace.  Every single time.   I feel for those poor kids.

I agree - both those poor girls never have a smile that reaches their eyes.  It's just a grimace 😞

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought seatbelt laws were compulsory everywhere. No?

Not when Jesus takes the wheel.