Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

That is a whole lotta ugly in the after pictures!

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Imagine them try’s to sell that labyrinth of over cluttered rooms? 

Assuming it doesn’t burn down due to Jill’s decorating skillz. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wait, what, Jill also grifted a free meal. Shocked. 🙄

Grifing DOES NOT make the baby Jesus happy JILL!  Grifting makes the baby Jesus CRY JILL.  EVERYONE knows that!!!!!

• Like 9

It looks like Kaylee is going to be the next Ma Turtleneck.

Spoiler

Steve Maxwell is such a good grandfather that he spends time with oldest grandson also with maybe his granddaughters, but Steve like sons and grandsons. His whole dad lessons this week is about fathers and sons.  He has whole series about Leaving A Godly Legacy. The first two parts were about making sure your children (both genders) love Jesus. The third part is that as a man, you need to be a confident particularly towards your wife. Here is the Fourth Part:

God inspired many Scripture authors to use the expression “son of” over 1,600 times throughout the Bible. God is purposeful and does nothing by accident. Notice that reading “son of” links the person/identity of father/mother to the son? Let’s briefly consider the need to be purposeful in influencing our children for good, because after we are gone, that impression lives on.

Benaiah, one of David’s mighty men, walked in his father Jehoida’s footsteps. “And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man, of Kabzeel, who had done many acts. . .” (2 Samuel 23:20).

David’s heart and life impacted Solomon for good. “And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the Lord his God was with him, and magnified him exceedingly” (2 Chronicles 1:1). 

Sadly, our negative example is far easier for our children to catch than our good one due to our sin nature. First look at David: “And David took him more concubines and wives out of Jerusalem. . .” (2 Samuel 5:13).

Now see what his son does. “And he (Solomon) had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father” (1 Kings 11:3-4).

Next, consider God’s timing and purpose for the mention of Judas’ father. “And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him” (John13:2). Might the mention here of Judas being Simon’s son infer some role of negative influence Simon had in Judas’ life? I wonder.

• Laugh 1

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

That bedroom looks like the one my 90 year old grandmother had. 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The video...

Kaylee is beautiful.

• Like 4

Jill has put up a petition on FB regarding the "evil." She is claiming persecution. Raise your hand if you're surprised. 

*crickets*

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill has put up a petition on FB regarding the "evil." She is claiming persecution. Raise your hand if you're surprised. 

*crickets*

Why is Jill worried about the SCOTUS ruling?  It’s not like the “printing business” is going to be hiring employees, her kids don’t go to public school, and they aren’t going to rent any houses to anyone. If she’s worried about the “evil” infecting her church, churches have always been able to hire based on their beliefs. That’s why you don’t see women suing to become Catholic priests. But, this kind of logical thinking is WAY beyond Jill’s ability. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

That bedroom looks like the one my 90 year old grandmother had. 😂

I think my issue with it is that it looks so much nicer than the kids rooms. The kids furniture is ratty and scratched. It looks like it was brought home for free from a flea market. No attempt is made to fix up the scratches or re-stain the wood. On top of that they cram 7-8 girls in one bedroom instead of giving the older girls their own space. Kaylee and Renee (not counting Nurie anymore because she's leaving) should have a room that allows them to have something other than a bunk bed. They are young women, not little girls.

Their master bedroom isn't bad at all compared to the other rooms and that's the problem: once again Jill and David are all about Jill and David, not their kids. 

Edited by coconspirator
  • Like 14
  • Sad 5

Ikr.Jill bothered to crackle the bench out front,but can't be bothered with the beat up old dressers the girls have.

Wth has fluffy pillows outside? Her decorating baffles me

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell just put up a new post filled with pictures about maternity clothes. She post pictures from various stages of pregnancy from both pregnancies. 

As of the time I'm posting this, she still hasn't had the baby. Baby #2 was due Monday June 15.  As much as I despise her beliefs, I hope she and the baby are okay. Last time she tried to give birth at home and had to be rushed last minute to the hospital. She gave birth with assistance there.  (no c-section.) The Maxwells seem to favor homebirth. Elissa has had three homebirths and Anna Marie five. Melanie is high-risk and gives birth in the hospital. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

On 6/16/2020 at 7:12 AM, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

2 observations about the 1st picture: notice that Jill is hunched over and has pulled a child in front of her, but she’s still got a hand on her belly... pregnant much? Also, who is the blonde boy beside Kaylee? Is he one of theirs?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell just put up a new post filled with pictures about maternity clothes. She post pictures from various stages of pregnancy from both pregnancies. 

As of the time I'm posting this, she still hasn't had the baby. Baby #2 was due Monday June 15.  As much as I despise her beliefs, I hope she and the baby are okay. Last time she tried to give birth at home and had to be rushed last minute to the hospital. She gave birth with assistance there.  (no c-section.) The Maxwells seem to favor homebirth. Elissa has had three homebirths and Anna Marie five. Melanie is high-risk and gives birth in the hospital. 

Another thing about Chelsy; in one of the pictures she took "today" (June/17/2020). She appears to be in public restroom with no mask. Fundies are so selfish. 

• Sad 5

On 6/11/2020 at 9:17 PM, drafan said:

I honestly thought this was a homemade photo collage of the bride at different stages of her life. They all look like the same person.

The worst-dressed award goes to the one in white with the saggy jowly top over another green top. And the sad thing is, I've seen it before. Must be her go-to top. I also feel like I've  seen it as an undergarment on a nun on  "Call the Midwife".

Ha!. I think I have to give the award to the prettiest little emaciated girl on the far left. Jill’s got her in a Blanche Devereaux blouse and a crinoline. Couldn’t even get the child an actual skirt. She has to wear the slip that goes under the skirt.

• Sad 1

I think Kaylee is a natural beauty, but I also think she is better at applying makeup than...well...every other female in the home. She wears brighter colored lipstick, whereas Nurie wears, what looks to me as, dark brown. I think Kaylee is a little lighter on the eyeliner, too.

• Like 6

I had a dream I went to a Fundie gathering. Jill was there. Everyone was waiting for Nurie and Nathan to show up. JB Duggar was there too.

• Surprise 5

13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a dream I went to a Fundie gathering. Jill was there. Everyone was waiting for Nurie and Nathan to show up. JB Duggar was there too.

More like a nightmare. lol

• Like 2
  • Laugh 15

Sierra did a circular BLM post and got called out on it. Some back and forth posts and Sierra is still clueless.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

That is probably the best picture I have seen of Shrek ever.

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Looks like they went to Edgewater Park in Cleveland after the airport, although there are a lot of public beaches around these parts and there isn't enough identifying scenery. Heck, the beach two minutes' walk from my house has concrete pilings like those.  Once again, no more than 10 minutes from my house and yet I didn't smell the sulphur.  We did get a gorgeous double rainbow after that storm.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It’s because his mouth is closed.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 11

How blind she is.  That everyone gets to have their human rights is a problem for this fool.  While swooning over someone in office who she has fawned over in the past.   Who if she didn't agree with she'd think was the anti-christ.  Rainbows are for everyone not just hating fundies.

Edited by wilsie
  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

"God is so faithful?"  What the hell does that even mean? 

With all of the horrible things going on in the world, the fact that she thinks God is listening to her prayers about home decorating dilemmas is just mind boggling. Selfish much?

Note the tv- I guess they don't follow the Duggar model.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More Jillification.

Doesn't everyone have a furry white throw on their outdoor bench? Oh my Jill........

• Laugh 10

2 hours ago, Insert Username said:

In the picture of the master bedroom from the hallway, I counted 30...THIRTY pictures of Jill and OfJill 

Wow, thanks for taking one for the team and counting.

In comparison,  there are two 8x10 wedding photos of me & Mr. Barb that have lived on his dresser in our bedroom for 35 years (along with 2 smaller childhood photos of Son of Barb.)  

Thank goodness I don't feel the need to have my wedding album displayed like Jill does.  All I see are dust collectors. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Doesn't everyone have a furry white throw on their outdoor bench? Oh my Jill........

It looked fine and then she had to throw that on it! 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I saw the pic and honestly my first thought was he looked almost human. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

J and D get a brand new TV and nice furniture.

The kids get computers from year 2000 and busted dressers stacked in front of beds. 

You might be birthing an army for Jesus but you both certainly don’t care for the kids at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

5 hours ago, Insert Username said:

In the picture of the master bedroom from the hallway, I counted 30...THIRTY pictures of Jill and OfJill 

Hahaha! He sure is a productive handmaid. Blessed be the rotten fruit.

That bedroom looks like the the cheapest room at Great Wolf Lodge, also known as Hell’s backwoods, slack-jawed Disney World fer barefoot youngins’. 

• Laugh 8

2 hours ago, SMama said:

And the ears, and his fat body, are hidden.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

3 hours ago, SMama said:

And it's only a headshot .

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It looked fine and then she had to throw that on it! 

It looked even better before she put that crackle crap on it.

• Like 21

That's it,  Jill needs an intervention about her decorating and treatment of her children. Maybe the combo is enough for the "immoral" authorities to get involved. Her bedroom is a crime against humanity.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Also, who is the blonde boy beside Kaylee? Is he one of theirs?

Yes, that's Phillip, kid #5.

If someone could post the video separately, it would be much appreciated. TIA! 😀

Poor Sadie looks particularly unhealthy. A six year old's eyes shouldn't look so.... hollow. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Poor Sadie looks particularly unhealthy. A six year old's eyes shouldn't look so.... hollow. 

I think Sophia looks especially sallow and tiny.  She's four and not much bigger than Janessa.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think Sophia looks especially sallow and tiny.  She's four and not much bigger than Janessa.

Sophia is tiny, but she seems to have a bit of spunk in her eyes. Sadie looks tall for her age, she's barely shorter than Olivia. 

I will say, Janessa is adorable, but seeing as she's probably the only kid getting close to the proper nourishment she needs, and all signs are pointing to Jill being pregnant again, that probably won't last long. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought the exact same thing!  I guess he does have a good angle. 

• Laugh 4