Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

As of right now FL allows gatherings of 50 or less, either in open settings or large venues. I'm unsure if that's to change in July.

The members of both families would be more than 50 guests. The JRods are 15, if you included the sisters and their families, and the grandparents, that alone brings it near 50.

The Keller's have 8 children, who all but one, have spouses and children. 

Then there's the wedding party, which are probably mostly family, but the Plathes are included.

Would TLC film a wedding that's breaking covid restrictions?

• Love 1

I'm obviously a little taken aback about the possibility of JillR getting this wedding on TLC, as well as having too much time on my hands this quiet Monday morning.

I'm thinking because they'll marry in a church, then capacity rules apply. If the church is large, they'd be able to fit a lot of folks.

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps the wedding will be filmed if a second season happens for Welcome to Plathville?

AE750A48-7D3B-4BF3-BBE7-52D732DBA3DB.jpeg

Please tell me she just stole the logo from an ad for one of the 18 zillion wedding shows on TLC and was too dumb to edit the TLC out-or was hoping to give TLC a hint or make potential guests think they might get to be on TV.  They aren't well known enough in TLC circles to get their own special.  I suppose that they could've invited a bunch of Duggars to the ceremony and TLC, being desperate for content, is filming for the next season of Counting On.  However, I don't know how they could do that without mention of the reason the Duggars have a connection to the wedding.  Josh would have to be referred to at the very least.

Ohio has a rule against gatherings of more than 250, and, then, it requires social distancing, etc.  My niece cancelled her wedding reception next month because the venue couldn't meet the requirements and she was planning for around 150 guests.  The Rods ain't gonna do that.  I cannot picture TLC filming an event that breaks the rules and it seems likely that the camera crews, etc, would probably refuse to work without proper precautions.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I actually think Renne's dress was nice, looking at all the other clothes they seem to be wearing.

I agree! I think it's quite possible that could be her bridesmaid's dress for Nurie's wedding

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

I am predicting that those purple satin, dropped waist monstrosities that Nurie sewed last year will be the bridesmaids dresses. Jill, as Matron of Honor, will of course be in white. 

We've heard too many times that purple is Nurie's favorite color and we saw the cake at the shower; there is no way that her bridesmaids won't be decked out in purple.

Renee's graduation dress is pretty cute, I like the flirty little bow at the back.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Totally said:

3F1A9990-A9D7-4D03-8071-163A156680B2.jpeg

Someone on reddit said that the TLC-branded wedding countdown is available as a sticker or filter that is available to all on Instagram. I tried to confirm, but I am not all that Instagram savvy.

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I would love to see TLC put the Rodrigues on tv so social services will come after them.

I believe they've already had more than a few DCF investigations. 

• Love 3

There was plenty of food at that party. Why did Kaylee eat so little? I suspect she had a sliver of boob and cross cake too, but that's still not much. 

I'm sure Jill has drilled it into the girls' heads that they must stay slim to be attractive. The strategy is also good for keeping the food bill low. 

That doesn't explain the skinny boys, though. Are they all fasting for Jesus on a regular basis, or are the meals at home infrequent and sparse? Do Shrek and Jillybean chow down first, and the kids get what's left? What happened while Nathan was visiting? It's all so Dickensian.  

• Love 11
18 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Bobblehead. Poor kid.

The poor girl always looks like her head weighs more than the rest of her body and she just can't even hold it up. Or that she's missing a vertebra in her neck. 

I'm going with a Florida wedding since apparently anything goes down there. Ohio allows as many people as you want at the ceremony, but the current cap is 300 at the reception. Oh and no mingling at the bar or dancing, but those really shouldn't be a problem for this couple. It is completely up to the reception hall to enforce these rules though. Ohio seems like a fundy wedding dream to be honest, have the entire 1000 guests show to the wedding, card in hand, and then a select 300 to the reception. Oh, it's not that we couldn't afford the 1000 person reception, its the state's fault, they won't allow it. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

The poor girl always looks like her head weighs more than the rest of her body and she just can't even hold it up. Or that she's missing a vertebra in her neck. 

I'm going with a Florida wedding since apparently anything goes down there. Ohio allows as many people as you want at the ceremony, but the current cap is 300 at the reception. Oh and no mingling at the bar or dancing, but those really shouldn't be a problem for this couple. It is completely up to the reception hall to enforce these rules though. Ohio seems like a fundy wedding dream to be honest, have the entire 1000 guests show to the wedding, card in hand, and then a select 300 to the reception. Oh, it's not that we couldn't afford the 1000 person reception, its the state's fault, they won't allow it. 

I had heard that the dancing part was being lifted soon.  My cousin is getting married on 8/1 in Ohio, and the wedding/reception is going ahead.  

I don't see the Rod's having a reception at any kind of hall that would care about the limits.  

• Love 3

just my thoughts on Nathan and Nurie...Nathan is not a "bad" looking guy...the suit I saw him in was nice, he wears nice clothes, he seems to travel...so all in all...Nurie is marrying up...I think she will have a nice life with him...IF she can get away from Jill's influence...the proof in the pudding will be the transformation we will all look for after the wedding...will Nurie's curves fill out , will her clothing style/make up style change??? I only wish the best for her...we knew a family of 12 that were under the same Fundy teachings as they are and let me tell you the kids...in their 20's/late 30's are a hot mess...especially the unmarried girls...so I hope Nurie can have the happiness she deserves....

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I had heard that the dancing part was being lifted soon.  My cousin is getting married on 8/1 in Ohio, and the wedding/reception is going ahead.  

I don't see the Rod's having a reception at any kind of hall that would care about the limits.  

I bet the 'reception' will be held either in the church parking lot or in the Rod's yard.  It seems like a lot of these fundies don't use actual venues for their receptions. Most of the Duggar weddings haven't.  If they're outside, it would be easier to social distance, not that the Rods or their guests care about that.

My niece didn't have a choice, her venue canceled on her.  I've been to that particular place many times and they have more than enough room to keep 150 people 6 feet apart, but I think they decided it just wasn't worth the aggravation.  My cousin's daughter was planning on getting married the week before that and her venue canceled too.  I  think a lot of halls are just not interested in dealing with people who've had a few too many and don't want to social distance.

My niece' venue did offer her a date around the same time next year, she's considering it.  Meanwhile, she's getting married in the backyard with about 10 people in attendance.  My cousin's daughter is also having the wedding now and maybe a reception next year.  My niece' wedding is July 25, only a week ahead of your cousin's.

10 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

just my thoughts on Nathan and Nurie...Nathan is not a "bad" looking guy...the suit I saw him in was nice, he wears nice clothes, he seems to travel...so all in all...Nurie is marrying up...I think she will have a nice life with him...IF she can get away from Jill's influence...the proof in the pudding will be the transformation we will all look for after the wedding...will Nurie's curves fill out , will her clothing style/make up style change??? I only wish the best for her...we knew a family of 12 that were under the same Fundy teachings as they are and let me tell you the kids...in their 20's/late 30's are a hot mess...especially the unmarried girls...so I hope Nurie can have the happiness she deserves....

Nathan isn't too bad looking, certainly he is far better looking than his future father in law and brothers in law.  He could use a good dermatologist and some ProActiv, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Anna Marie Maxwell has a new post up on the Maxwell blog. I know she has cancer, but she's making a nuissance of herself. 

here I am, twice a week in a clinic with other people battling cancer. The hope and joy and testimonies of the brothers and sisters in Christ I have met there is a tremendous encouragement to me. But the hopelessness of others is a grief that is waking me up to the fact that, by allowing me to have cancer and be in this unique position, God has, in a way, sent me as a “missionary.” (And really, aren’t we all, in whatever place God has us right now?)

I feel sorry for the other people at the clinic. I hope she's not pestering Jewish people. 

• Love 6

If she is pestering other cancer patients and their families, I would be livid. When my mom was going to chemo sessions, most people were really nice but there were always a few that were really annoying (this was pre-Covid). Had anyone tried to preach to my mom, I would have reacted in a very non-Christian way. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

Is the little one, Janessa, wearing winter boots?  Or, is she wearing some sort of orthopedic shoe?  

And you don't fool us, Jill.  The 'busyness' of your life is a myth.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Is the little one, Janessa, wearing winter boots?  Or, is she wearing some sort of orthopedic shoe?  

Do you mean these? (Sorry they’re blurry) 

92F32F41-0318-4EF7-9EB2-6205AE21FC89.jpeg

95B1DAFE-8B7E-4087-9D1A-5B0F4D866532.jpeg

I really worry that Nurie won’t be able to allow herself a normal amount of food after marriage. Jill bullying the older girls into actual eating disorders would not surprise me a bit. I hope Nathan whisks her away and sets some firm boundaries. I can dream, can’t I?

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think Janessa just has butt-ugly old boots on her feet. They don't look like any kind of corrective shoes I've seen.

Buy used and save the difference you know.

Probably more like Buy used and feed Shrek the difference...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Is the schoolroom in the far corner of the warehouse? Desks from the 1950's and a cheap painted blackboard covered with scribbles is the best Jill can do? Bestest Mama can decorate a bathroom to death with tacky junk, but she can't put maps and other instructional materials on the walls of the place where her children are educated. Lazy Hubby can't paint those walls? Why am I not surprised? 

Kid who sits next to the heat duct gets blasted in the winter, and the rest are probably freezing. This is the famous Rodrigues Home School of the phony fancy diplomas. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is the schoolroom in the far corner of the warehouse? Desks from the 1950's and a cheap painted blackboard covered with scribbles is the best Jill can do? Bestest Mama can decorate a bathroom to death with tacky junk, but she can't put maps and other instructional materials on the walls of the place where her children are educated. Lazy Hubby can't paint those walls? Why am I not surprised? 

Kid who sits next to the heat duct gets blasted in the winter, and the rest are probably freezing. This is the famous Rodrigues Home School of the phony fancy diplomas. 

Is that their home? I thought it was part of the playground where they had the picnic. 

• Love 4

Thanks.

I saw the pictures before, but did not know the names. Also didn't know the names of any of the boy except for Timothy.

Well that says all about their social media presence, some kids are featured heavily, some not at all

That decision has been tested as Jill suffered through 5 very difficult miscarriages

Oh come on, overdoing it much? What does she mean under very difficult? Were they in early pregnancy or?

I had one, it was emotionally hard, but to say it was a difficult miscarriage, I wouldn't describe it like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

In the second picture the girl on the left appears to have on 3 pairs of bottoms, leggings, cropped pants and shorts over those.  They're not taking any chances of being immodest now are they?

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is that their home? I thought it was part of the playground where they had the picnic. 

Maybe it is a schoolroom replica at the park. It looks like the inside of their tin house, but Jill has never mentioned a room to home school their kids. And why would she use space for that anyway? 

Jill’s new dining room table reminds me of my childhood.  After extending our living room to create more space for our growing family (5 kids at the time), my parents were unable to afford a dining room table for the space.  

So, in order to fill the space, my parents bought a new picnic table with benches.  We used that table for several years, until about 3 years (and 2 more children) later, when they bought a dining room table, chairs and china closet.

Perhaps that would have been a solution for Jill Rod.  Two picnic tables would have made a large enough space for all of them to sit down for dinner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Isn't her wonderfully talented husband a guy who can build anything?? I think she has mentioned that at least a few times.... yet in all these years he didn't build a long table and 2 benches?

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
44 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

Jill’s new dining room table reminds me of my childhood.  After extending our living room to create more space for our growing family (5 kids at the time), my parents were unable to afford a dining room table for the space.  

So, in order to fill the space, my parents bought a new picnic table with benches.  We used that table for several years, until about 3 years (and 2 more children) later, when they bought a dining room table, chairs and china closet.

Perhaps that would have been a solution for Jill Rod.  Two picnic tables would have made a large enough space for all of them to sit down for dinner.

Silly. Then she would have to BUY something instead of the Lord actually PROVIDING...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

Oh, look, yet another post where Jill has grifted something for herself (under the guise of "I prayed and the lord provided"). I cannot name a single time where she was giving to someone, anyone else, and no, I don't count her "saving" strangers. That's not a gift, that's a curse. She is so arrogant and selfish. 

I agree, it’s disgusting. At the very least, they should be out there volunteering in the community.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree, it’s disgusting. At the very least, they should be out there volunteering in the community.

Or maybe they could tithe at their church. As if that would ever happen!

• LOL 4
48 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Oh but they did. Just a few weeks into the pandemic they were passing out "sanitary" tracts, door to door. 

• LOL 7