Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so what does that mean "last time we won"t have to say goodbye to Nurie"? isn't she in theory moving to florida??

I think because Nurie didn’t leave with Nathan, this time, she didn’t have to say goodbye to her. Next time, I assume she means they’ll be married, so then she’d have to say goodbye to her.

My post is as confuzzled as Jill’s. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13

Is that Janessa in what looks to be a large wheelchair for handicapped people? Or did they slap that kid into what looks like it could be an industrial dolly to carry luggage?  I want to see clear pictures people!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill posted new pics. She is a creepy voyeur. Only Nathan wore a mask half heartedly. Shreks pants are so long and droopy. He got even fatter. Maybe he’s carrying the next blessing. 

He may have had to wear it because he's the one flying? Some airlines require it. And yes, Jill is creepy. Guess we can add that on the list of all the other things we hate about her. 

• Love 8

I hope Nathan wore his mask the entire flight, especially if there were other Floridians on the plane. FL's corona numbers are on the rise. If Nathan gets sick now, he might be sick at the time of the wedding - or worse.

These times are crazy, so many don't think they'll get sick and so many don't think they're sick when they are. A plane cabin is the last place I'd want to be.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There was absolutely no reason to bring the entire family to send Nathan off. I don't get the reasoning behind this at.all.

But but the Duggars do it all the time. She saw it on TV!

And Jill and what's his name are just stupid down to the bone.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, lianau said:

Dancing ?

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Pretty shitty pictures. 😂

Well chiclet teeth is the photographer I expect shitty pictures 

Edited by galaxychaser
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There was absolutely no reason to bring the entire family to send Nathan off. I don't get the reasoning behind this at.all.

Because every commonplace event is an opportunity to show off your large "Godly" family to the heathens.  🙄

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is it just me or does Nurie seem positively skeletal?  It's very alarming.

I don't think Nurie has reached skeletal yet.  I was much thinner than Nurie when I got married and a year later we had no problem getting pregnant.  I fear that our current overweight and too frequently obese society has skewed our view of normal weight and it's lower limits.  Nathan is definitely on the thinner side also.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Is that Janessa in what looks to be a large wheelchair for handicapped people?

Janessa AND Sofia, it looks like. Whatever it is, they turned it into a double stroller.

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't see any of the boys.

One is in the gray hoodie in picture four; the other two are in blue polos in picture five.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Is that Janessa in what looks to be a large wheelchair for handicapped people? Or did they slap that kid into what looks like it could be an industrial dolly to carry luggage?  I want to see clear pictures people!

It looks like a luggage dolly to me

I'm guessing none of the kids,sans Tim,are allowed to be home alone,no matter their age? 

1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

3 boys were there. 

but not the used to be favorite timothy.

he has apparently fallen out of favor with Jill.

he can't grift enough with his CD. Didn't make the right connections to grift a plane to fly the JRod family around so they can be like the Duggars and Bates'

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I looks like the two youngest girls in an airport wheelchair for handicapped people.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Nurie has reached skeletal yet.  I was much thinner than Nurie when I got married and a year later we had no problem getting pregnant.  I fear that our current overweight and too frequently obese society has skewed our view of normal weight and it's lower limits.  Nathan is definitely on the thinner side also.

You make a good point on one hand - we are definitely more used to seeing people with a bit more meat on their bones these days than previously. But on the other hand, we are very used to the standard of beauty out there depicted by celebrities, and models who are not only thin to begin with, but often photoshopped to look even thinner, and, to my eye, Nurie looks quite a bit more frail than that.

I'm curious though, as it seems to me by saying you were "much" thinner than Nurie, you don't mean a case of five or six pounds, but I honestly can't see Nurie, or anyone with her build, at 10 lb or more under her current weight as anything but dangerously skinny. 

I had lost a bit of weight before I got married due to cold feet and whatnot, and in my wedding pictures, I look pretty darn bobble-headed, but I was actually about 108 lb on a 5'3" frame, so not really underweight by any means going by the charts, but I personally feel that I look best at somewhere around 125-135.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

In a normal world, only Nurie should drive her fiance to the airport. But in their twisted world, they need chaperones in case they decide to have sex in the car or the airport’s bathroom.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

It's kind of beating a dead horse, but I live in California and I see the "stars" in person fairly regularly.  Nurie is not as thin as many of the women.  I look at her and think of my daughter and her friends at Nurie's age.  Most of them were 5'6" to 5'8" and they weighed around 100 to 110 pounds.  They were all fairly athletic and were thin but not skeletal or sickly or anorexic.  Nurie looks about like they did.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

In a normal world, only Nurie should drive her fiance to the airport. But in their twisted world, they need chaperones in case they decide to have sex in the car or the airport’s bathroom.

Wasn't sure whether this deserved more of a "laugh" or "cry" emoji...Decided on laugh just because it brought up some amusing mental images, but it's really more sad than otherwise.

• Love 7

While Jill is a voyeur, at least Nurie and Nathan look more comfortable with each other. In a couple of those pictures, they actually looked like a real couple, not just two people thrown together by their parents. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

These clothes are probably from the second hand store (marked way down because they're out of style even to the other shoppers there.)

Several churches in my area have a “Clothes Closet”, which holds clothing items donated by church members.  Anyone who can’t afford to buy clothes/shoes/etc can come and select anything they need free of charge.  I’ve often wondered if that’s what the Rod kids are wearing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The way those younger girls are dressed is just pitiful, a crying shame.  I propose that we change Shrek’s name to The Blob.

I wonder how much more David's gut expanded thanks to Nathan's largesse during the visit. He really stands out in that picture. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It's kind of beating a dead horse, but I live in California and I see the "stars" in person fairly regularly.  Nurie is not as thin as many of the women.  I look at her and think of my daughter and her friends at Nurie's age.  Most of them were 5'6" to 5'8" and they weighed around 100 to 110 pounds.  They were all fairly athletic and were thin but not skeletal or sickly or anorexic.  Nurie looks about like they did.  

I am 5’7”. If I weighed 110, my BMI would be under 18.5, which is the underweight category. Someone 5’7” should be at least 121 to have a normal BMI.

61102FC0-8509-4537-960F-60139EBDF153.png

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 8

That's age 25 and up according to our doctor.  Nurie hasn't reached 25.  She may be slightly underweight, but better that than looking like her father.  My daughter is just slightly above the underweight range now, but she's quite a bit older than Nurie.  Her doctors aren't worried at all and all say it's much healthier for her than being at the other end of the BMI range.  118.5 is what it takes to hit 18.5 on the BMI scale.  🙂  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

While Jill is a voyeur, at least Nurie and Nathan look more comfortable with each other. In a couple of those pictures, they actually looked like a real couple, not just two people thrown together by their parents. 

I agree. Nurie looks happy and relaxed with him which is a good thing. 

• Love 5

Those little girls are sitting in a transport chair that is used to take people who need help to their planes.  Hopefully, the won't take it home with them~

I'm happy for Nurie.  She got a good one, considering what there is available in that cult. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Several churches in my area have a “Clothes Closet”, which holds clothing items donated by church members.  Anyone who can’t afford to buy clothes/shoes/etc can come and select anything they need free of charge.  I’ve often wondered if that’s what the Rod kids are wearing.

I think the clothes are free as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The little Rod girls clothing definitely look like they came from the reject box at the church free store. My bet is the little ones think they look like princesses. I know my 5 year old granddaughter would love the sparkly dresses. The difference is, while I would let her wear them where ever she wanted she has normal clothes bought brand-new for her.

It's the middle girl/girls I feel sorry for. I'm pretty sure they know they look weird but I'm also pretty sure JillRod picks their clothes. Nurie and the not-Nuries seem to have access to clothes that fit and while fundy, don't tag them as dirt-poor or weird.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Nurie is allowed to front-hug her fiance, were the Duggar girls allowed to? I can't remember.

Jill almost got her head bitten off by Meech when she rushed to hug Derelict when he came home from Nepal. 

I think JinJer might have front hugged. Jabbie did, but they're older, and their "rules" seemed much more relaxed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Those little girls are sitting in a transport chair that is used to take people who need help to their planes.  Hopefully, the won't take it home with them~

As one who uses a wheelchair,  seeing the Rods using a transport chair as a stroller really irks me.  (Almost as much as them not wearing masks.)  The chairs are probably hard to come by so that means some traveler that needed one had to go without or had to wait to get one just because of the Rods ignorance & laziness.  I hope they didn't take it home as well. 

My brother & niece flew back & forth to Maryland from Florida recently on Southwest.   Everyone had to wear a mask & the middle seats on all the rows were left empty. I thought airports were requiring everyone to wear masks.  

• Love 16
(edited)
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

Actually, if you look at BMI tables, which I realize are not perfect, a woman who is 5'6" and weighs 110 lbs is indeed underweight.  The 'normal' BMI for a woman who is 5'6" is going to start at around 120 lbs.  A woman who is 5'8" and weights 100 lbs is, quite frankly, dangerously underweight.  Not all underweight women stop ovulating and therefore it is quite possible for one to conceive and carry a pregnancy.  

I have taken care of women with active eating disorders during pregnancy and it is not fun.  They can end up with healthy babies, mainly because babies are pretty good parasites, but at the cost of the mother's health and well being.

A Dutch physician during WWII kept track of women who gave birth during the Nazi occupation when the Dutch population was starving, forced to eat tulip bulbs amongst other things.  He found that, despite their mothers' starvation, most babies weighed, on average, just a couple of ounces less than Dutch babies did prior to the war.

ETA:  There are BMI calculators for children and teens which do differ from the adult tables to take into account the age.    However, according to the CDC, adult BMI charts are to be used for anyone 20 years of age or older which, since Nurie is 21, she would qualify.  For fun, I entered a teen who is 19 years old into the teen BMI calculator at 5'6" and 110 lbs.  That is the lowest weight that a teen should weigh at that height,  any less and she would be considered underweight.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 19
  • Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

As one who uses a wheelchair,  seeing the Rods using a transport chair as a stroller really irks me.  (Almost as much as them not wearing masks.)  The chairs are probably hard to come by so that means some traveler that needed one had to go without or had to wait to get one just because of the Rods ignorance & laziness.  I hope they didn't take it home as well. 

My brother & niece flew back & forth to Maryland from Florida recently on Southwest.   Everyone had to wear a mask & the middle seats on all the rows were left empty. I thought airports were requiring everyone to wear masks.  

The Rods couldn't get past security without tickets, so they are in the ticket lobby portion of the airport which looks to be Cleveland Hopkins, so they were about 10 minutes away from my house and yet my spidey-sense wasn't tingling.  It doesn't look like the airport was very busy, they look like they're the only ones there.  As long as they hung together and stayed away from everyone else in the airport, I don't have a big problem with the lack of masks.  However, there was no reason for the entire herd to have come to the airport and, since they did, they could've said their good-byes on the curb outside rather than going indoors.

I don't think most airports are requiring masks, partly because it is possible to social distance in them and partly because they've got every food vendor under the sun and wouldn't be able to sell food if everyone needed a mask at all times.

No matter how busy the airport was, no matter how many transport chairs were available; it is NEVER allowed for able bodies people to use them, IMO.  This isn't the first time we've seen the Rods use items meant for the disabled to entertain their kids.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17

I am not Nurie’s physician, so I am not going to speculate on her health. But I can say she does look very thin. Of course there are plenty of people that are naturally very thin and healthy (and there’s nothing wrong with that), and yes our society is much heavier than we were even 30 years ago so “normal” is going to look different. 

The baggy unfashionable clothes she wears probably don’t help in showing her figure at its best, along with her posture (that’s a big one), makeup and hairstyling choices. The Rodriguez kids also have no “bloom” despite all being young. It’s not that they are skinny, it’s that don’t look glowy or vibrant. 

Nurie does seem happier in these photos with Nathan and that’s great. They are smiling with their eyes thank god. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

They really are a shameful group of professed Christians aren't they?  If it was the only thing around, they would have no qualms about using a wheelchair or transport chair because they are that special.  They have never been shown to practice proper safety precautions during this pandemic so for them to be in an airport when masks are required and not wearing them means it's obviously meant for them.  

• Love 10