Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Jill would have been all over social media when he entered into a courtship IF he had but you know she would have radio silence once he gave away a piece of his heart and the ...(what the hell do you call the other person, courtship-e?) girl dumped Timmy.

• Like 3

I find it hard to believe that Tim could bring himself to reveal the family’s secrets to strangers, no matter how “Christian” they were. He’s always been clearly terrified of his mother’s wrath.

• Like 19

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nurie's first courtship was kept pretty quiet. Just a picture of purple presents.

And the gum. We shan’t forget the gum...

• Laugh 18

I could see Jill being quiet about a courtship if he was courting a girl they did not approve of.... 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

And the gum. We shan’t forget the gum...

Purple gum 🤣

• Laugh 4

I can't see Jill or that blob she's married to allowing one of the children to court someone they didn't like. They seem to retain total control over these kids lives. 

• Like 11

The post is fishy, but I think all the actual info in it is believable, or at least believable enough.

What I find weird is the tone...so breathless. Honestly, I think it’s more likely that Tim wrote it than that a friend from some college small group did lol

• Like 5

My husband is a judge in WV. I can say that if a family is in the court system due to neglect/abuse, they can be made to go to public schools. The parents in those cases may not have lost all parental rights, but are limited to physical custody, meaning that the court can make pretty much all parental decisions for the child.  That includes attending school.  From his experience, and mine from 30+ years in the educational system, most of the home schooling done by parents in the system is inadequate at best.

I don’t think that the Rods had gotten that far in the pipeline, because the case would follow them wherever they go. Lots of people try to move, but the mean old judge can find them and make them come to his court.  I have seen it happen.

• Useful 24

I think if Tim had been seeing a girl the family disapproved of, it wouldn't have been called a courtship. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think if Tim had been seeing a girl the family disapproved of, it wouldn't have been called a courtship. 

If Tim started seeing a girl without clearing it with Jill, first, it wouldn't be a courtship.  It could be he met someone up in Wisconsin and was interested in her and Jill demanded he come home immediately for having the audacity to think for himself.  Especially if she wasn't their brand of fundie and her family didn't do courtships.

I do think something specific happened in Wisconsin to bring Tim back to Ohio, especially with Jill barely commenting on it until he was already home to stay.  I'm sure he had academic problems but there could be more to it than that and it also might explain why Jill virtually ignored him for a bit.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 11
  • Sad 7

6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It could be he met someone up in Wisconsin and was interested in her and Jill demanded he come home immediately for having the audacity to think for himself.  Especially if she wasn't their brand of fundie and her family didn't do courtships.

Yes, I could definitely see this far more than an actual courtship or him genuinely dating someone. Especially in light of him not posting any of the normal homages to Jill. Or her not posting them on his behalf. I do think Jill is pissed at him for whatever reason and that there's more to his return home than she's allowed. 

• Like 8

Sidney Dingus posted a couple pictures from Nurie's wedding shower. Unfortunately, I can't upload them, but take a guess at who is front and center? 

• Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sidney Dingus posted a couple pictures from Nurie's wedding shower. Unfortunately, I can't upload them, but take a guess at who is front and center? 

Is it just me,or does Jill look pregnant?

Well, all of a sudden she's wearing layers. It's hard to tell under that topper.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, doodlebug said:

I agree.  Remember, Tim was utterly appalled that one of his instructors didn't think that the KJV was the one true Bible and actually told the class that he preferred another translation.  And, what did Tim do?  Did he approach the teacher and ask some questions to get some insight as to why the teacher felt that way?  Did Tim go to the library, get a copy of the other Bible and compare it to the KJV?  Did he talk to his pastor and perhaps ask if there were any references he could use to learn more about the differences between translations?

Oh, hell no!  He apparently ran screaming from the classroom and immediately called Mama to report the heresy.  A kid who has been so thoroughly indoctrinated into the cult that he cannot even bear to consider the POV of another Christian who probably is just marginally less strict that Tim's upbringing is not a guy who is going to welcome change.

I wonder what they would think if they learned that the KJV was busywork King James assigned to the clergy so they wouldn't have time to complain and interfere with his apparently plentiful gay lovers. They had harassed him to the point of cramping his style with the gentlemen, so he distracted them as much as he could.

Real divine inspiration, huh? 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 4

JimBob still thinks the king wrote it all by himself because he is a special kind of smart. And the king probably said "They are leaving me alone, it's divine". The End. You can see the confusion.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

6 hours ago, sondraK said:

Is it just me,or does Jill look pregnant?

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, all of a sudden she's wearing layers. It's hard to tell under that topper.

Oh noooo, she IS going to announce at the wedding! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Even if she isn’t pregnant, I wouldn’t put it past her to make the grand announcement at the wedding and then claim to have a miscarriage a few weeks later. It probably wouldn’t even count as lying, since I think she convinces herself that everything she says is true as soon as it comes out of her mouth.

• Sad 11

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Where are they posted? I can try to post them.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Where are they posted? I can try to post them.

I found 2 on FB.

102789673_185100562959363_29724079729455

• Like 3

Oh dear the hair on Jill and Nurie. Did they bring the rats that live in those nests to the party?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

This was posted above some other pictures with the JRods, on Sidney's FB page. (bolding mine) Also an FB friend of hers trashed the JRods in a post.

My favorite people in this world!! Best friends!!! Thank the Lord for best friends!!! Love you guys!!! David Jill Noyes Rodrigues #bestfriends #sistersinChrist #sistersinlaw

I'm going to have to seek out some more pictures because from that obstructive view her dress looks downright normal.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Screenshot from a video of them singing at the shower:

BC74AC29-F4BF-4693-8A9D-B858C3E3CCDA.jpeg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Also an FB friend of hers trashed the JRods in a post.

Could you paraphrase and share?

giphy.gif

• Laugh 16

15 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Could you paraphrase and share?

giphy.gif

Too much to paraphrase, here's a link. But basically the OP says the JRods are abusive judgmental nut jobs and Sidney says that's not true, gossip is bad and Jesus.

https://www.facebook.com/sidney.dingus

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 4

Oh dear. Sidney is best friends with one of the Rod girls. Can’t tell which. 

Jill is probably pregnant and will make Nuri wedding day all about her. Jill is a narcissist. well at least Nuri gets to leave her prison soon! Yay!

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 5

Their mouths look like freaky wounds with that horrible lipstick!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video of them singing at the shower:

BC74AC29-F4BF-4693-8A9D-B858C3E3CCDA.jpeg

I’ve been to many cheesy bridal showers (Heck, I HAD cheesy bridal showers), and I’ve NEVER seen the bride and her mother and sisters perform a song. Play stupid games, sure, but not sing. Once again, Jill has to remind Nurie that she is never going to enjoy the spotlight - not even for her wedding. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

On 6/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Timothy made a video.

Oh Timothy, honey, just no. 

On 6/3/2020 at 4:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

Part of a parent's job is to be honest with their kids even when it may hurt their feelings.

Okay JillR, do some parenting.

Between the painful school concerts I've sat through and the American Idol auditions I've seen, I'd say Jill's parenting is actually pretty common on this one. I'd like to say Tim's lack of talent and Jill's desire for him to make the video are rare, but I've sadly seen too many parents forcing kids to do things they have no desire to do to say it's also not uncommon. 

Nurie's dress for her wedding shower is pretty and appropriate, that's a step in the right direction. I'm not one to start screaming pregnant, but I'm going with Jill making an announcement at the wedding, most likely the rehearsal dinner. That way she can steal all the attention at both events. The nursery reveal for the 2 year old was basically a flashing neon arrow.

• Like 14

If Jill is pregnant now, then it’s even more pressure for Nurie to get pregnant on her honeymoon. Cause you know Jill’s counting on both of them being pregnant at the same time.  Gotta take that spotlight. 
I hope Nathan and Nurie make the decision to wait at least a couple of months, though I doubt it will happen. They’ve both been so sheltered, they need to learn about each other before they add a baby to the mix. But I doubt that will happen. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh dear Sidney is best friends with one of the Rod girls. Can’t tell which. 

Jill is probably pregnant and will make Nuri wedding day all about her. Jill is a narcissist. well at least Nuri gets to leave her prison soon! Yay!

Mama needs a new blessing to replace the one leaving the nest. 

• Sad 2

In typical fundie fashion, Jill is cradling her lower abdomen as she sings. They only ever do that when pregnant, right? Once pregnant, a lady must always cradle her bump.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

54 minutes ago, louannems said:

In typical fundie fashion, Jill is cradling her lower abdomen as she sings. They only ever do that when pregnant, right? Once pregnant, a lady must always cradle her bump.

Yep, I think that God has once again opened her womb. ☹️

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Someone posted this on Fundie Wonderland’s FB page. Possibly the failed Titrod “courtship?”

78784CF8-343F-4F2E-A2FA-D01BB250F2E6.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Nurie's dress for her wedding shower is pretty and appropriate, that's a step in the right direction. I'm not one to start screaming pregnant, but I'm going with Jill making an announcement at the wedding, most likely the rehearsal dinner. That way she can steal all the attention at both events. The nursery reveal for the 2 year old was basically a flashing neon arrow.

Jill will announce at the rehearsal dinner and promptly faint due to the stress of the pregnancy's severe effects on her delicate constitution.  Then, the Rod boys will be pressed into service, carrying Jill everywhere on a litter for the rest of the wedding, like Cleopatra on the Nile, probably dressed in her gown from her vow renewal complete with veil.

16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone posted this on Fundie Wonderland’s FB page. Possibly the failed Titrod “courtship?”

Things that make you go hmmm....  So, is that cookie mix they're bonding over?

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Nurie looks SS though she’s already dressed for the wedding- that dress would actually work as a wedding dress for a simple, low keyed ceremony. 

of course, her actual wedding dress will probably not be as pretty as her shower dress... 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This came from the Redditor who posted the Timbits rumors.

• Useful 3

I'm blind as a mole. What does Tim's shirt say?

If he did have an unapproved relationship, that would definitely explain why he suddenly lost golden son status. 

The pic of Tim and the female could indicate a courtship, but it could also be so many other things.

Tim's wearing, what appears to be, a work shirt. It looks as though "E" may have the same shirt on. This could be a work related team building exercise.

And where are they? The background looks like maybe an industrial kitchen. Maybe E & Tim are leading activities at the care home he was said to work at.

• Like 3

Lake something. And a work ID on Tim's right.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1

Some hussy girl trying to steal MAMAS baby boy? Not happening! Timmy is attached to MAMA with super Jesus glue! 

• Laugh 5

On 6/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, galaxychaser said:

They do look related. 

Jana and John David look less alike!

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They are SEVERELY close. More frontal than an acceptable side hug between an ENGAGED couple, never mind a courting one. That young woman is obviously sluttish with VERY loose morals. Mama would be rending her garments over his apostasy. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 10

I still think Jill colors Timbits' hair. Why else would the top be uh blonde and the sides be much darker, actually as dark as his eyebrows. Something is not right there and it bugs me. 

Obviously I had little else going on today.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Too much to paraphrase, here's a link. But basically the OP says the JRods are abusive judgmental nut jobs and Sidney says that's not true, gossip is bad and Jesus.

https://www.facebook.com/sidney.dingus

She says in this post that Jill doesn’t judge anyone else for wearing pants or dressing differently than they (the Rods) do, that it’s just their personal conviction for their family 🙄

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

3 minutes ago, awaken said:

She says in this post that Jill doesn’t judge anyone else for wearing pants or dressing differently than they (the Rods) do, that it’s just their personal conviction for their family 🙄

She doesn't know Jill very well, does she?

• Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Just because they didn't announce it doesn't mean the relationship wasn't sanctioned by his parents. Nurie and Nathan were courting or precourting for a couple of months before Jill announced it. Here are some excerpts from the Duggar Data post:

"On April 23, 2019, Nurie Rodrigues did a Happy Birthday IG Post for her fiancé, Nathan Keller.  In the Post, Nurie said: “It has been exactly a year ago, today, that we stated our relationship.  ...

Duggar Data goes on to say that Nurie and Nathan probably started courting in June when Jill started talking about a new announcement. Jill announced July 2 that Nurie was courting, but had started her relationship April 23. She used the Rods Instagram as the source. 

It's possible that the girl's parents didn't want Tim as a son-in-law. Fundie males are supposed to support the women and children. The Rod boys aren't the only guys with this problem. The Bates boys, the Bowers boys and other fundie males have this problem. Tim needs to find a girl whose family will employ him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

2 hours ago, awaken said:

Except for judging the hell out of all the sluttishly dresses not Ladies out there . 

• Like 8