Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Even if she isn’t pregnant, I wouldn’t put it past her to make the grand announcement at the wedding and then claim to have a miscarriage a few weeks later. It probably wouldn’t even count as lying, since I think she convinces herself that everything she says is true as soon as it comes out of her mouth.

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sidney Dingus posted a couple pictures from Nurie's wedding shower. Unfortunately, I can't upload them, but take a guess at who is front and center? 

Where are they posted? I can try to post them.

• Love 4

This was posted above some other pictures with the JRods, on Sidney's FB page. (bolding mine) Also an FB friend of hers trashed the JRods in a post.

My favorite people in this world!! Best friends!!! Thank the Lord for best friends!!! Love you guys!!! David Jill Noyes Rodrigues #bestfriends #sistersinChrist #sistersinlaw

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Also an FB friend of hers trashed the JRods in a post.

Could you paraphrase and share?

giphy.gif

(edited)

Oh dear. Sidney is best friends with one of the Rod girls. Can’t tell which. 

Jill is probably pregnant and will make Nuri wedding day all about her. Jill is a narcissist. well at least Nuri gets to leave her prison soon! Yay!

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video of them singing at the shower:

BC74AC29-F4BF-4693-8A9D-B858C3E3CCDA.jpeg

I’ve been to many cheesy bridal showers (Heck, I HAD cheesy bridal showers), and I’ve NEVER seen the bride and her mother and sisters perform a song. Play stupid games, sure, but not sing. Once again, Jill has to remind Nurie that she is never going to enjoy the spotlight - not even for her wedding. 

• Love 12
On 6/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Timothy made a video.

Oh Timothy, honey, just no. 

On 6/3/2020 at 4:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

Part of a parent's job is to be honest with their kids even when it may hurt their feelings.

Okay JillR, do some parenting.

Between the painful school concerts I've sat through and the American Idol auditions I've seen, I'd say Jill's parenting is actually pretty common on this one. I'd like to say Tim's lack of talent and Jill's desire for him to make the video are rare, but I've sadly seen too many parents forcing kids to do things they have no desire to do to say it's also not uncommon. 

Nurie's dress for her wedding shower is pretty and appropriate, that's a step in the right direction. I'm not one to start screaming pregnant, but I'm going with Jill making an announcement at the wedding, most likely the rehearsal dinner. That way she can steal all the attention at both events. The nursery reveal for the 2 year old was basically a flashing neon arrow.

• Love 13

If Jill is pregnant now, then it’s even more pressure for Nurie to get pregnant on her honeymoon. Cause you know Jill’s counting on both of them being pregnant at the same time.  Gotta take that spotlight. 
I hope Nathan and Nurie make the decision to wait at least a couple of months, though I doubt it will happen. They’ve both been so sheltered, they need to learn about each other before they add a baby to the mix. But I doubt that will happen. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh dear Sidney is best friends with one of the Rod girls. Can’t tell which. 

Jill is probably pregnant and will make Nuri wedding day all about her. Jill is a narcissist. well at least Nuri gets to leave her prison soon! Yay!

Mama needs a new blessing to replace the one leaving the nest. 

54 minutes ago, louannems said:

In typical fundie fashion, Jill is cradling her lower abdomen as she sings. They only ever do that when pregnant, right? Once pregnant, a lady must always cradle her bump.

Yep, I think that God has once again opened her womb. ☹️

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Nurie's dress for her wedding shower is pretty and appropriate, that's a step in the right direction. I'm not one to start screaming pregnant, but I'm going with Jill making an announcement at the wedding, most likely the rehearsal dinner. That way she can steal all the attention at both events. The nursery reveal for the 2 year old was basically a flashing neon arrow.

Jill will announce at the rehearsal dinner and promptly faint due to the stress of the pregnancy's severe effects on her delicate constitution.  Then, the Rod boys will be pressed into service, carrying Jill everywhere on a litter for the rest of the wedding, like Cleopatra on the Nile, probably dressed in her gown from her vow renewal complete with veil.

16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone posted this on Fundie Wonderland’s FB page. Possibly the failed Titrod “courtship?”

78784CF8-343F-4F2E-A2FA-D01BB250F2E6.jpeg

Things that make you go hmmm....  So, is that cookie mix they're bonding over?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Nurie looks SS though she’s already dressed for the wedding- that dress would actually work as a wedding dress for a simple, low keyed ceremony. 

of course, her actual wedding dress will probably not be as pretty as her shower dress... 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone posted this on Fundie Wonderland’s FB page. Possibly the failed Titrod “courtship?”

This came from the Redditor who posted the Timbits rumors.

• Useful 3

I'm blind as a mole. What does Tim's shirt say?

If he did have an unapproved relationship, that would definitely explain why he suddenly lost golden son status. 

The pic of Tim and the female could indicate a courtship, but it could also be so many other things.

Tim's wearing, what appears to be, a work shirt. It looks as though "E" may have the same shirt on. This could be a work related team building exercise.

And where are they? The background looks like maybe an industrial kitchen. Maybe E & Tim are leading activities at the care home he was said to work at.

• Love 3

On 6/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, galaxychaser said:

They do look related. 

Jana and John David look less alike!

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They are SEVERELY close. More frontal than an acceptable side hug between an ENGAGED couple, never mind a courting one. That young woman is obviously sluttish with VERY loose morals. Mama would be rending her garments over his apostasy. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

I still think Jill colors Timbits' hair. Why else would the top be uh blonde and the sides be much darker, actually as dark as his eyebrows. Something is not right there and it bugs me. 

Obviously I had little else going on today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Too much to paraphrase, here's a link. But basically the OP says the JRods are abusive judgmental nut jobs and Sidney says that's not true, gossip is bad and Jesus.

https://www.facebook.com/sidney.dingus

She says in this post that Jill doesn’t judge anyone else for wearing pants or dressing differently than they (the Rods) do, that it’s just their personal conviction for their family 🙄

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

She says in this post that Jill doesn’t judge anyone else for wearing pants or dressing differently than they (the Rods) do, that it’s just their personal conviction for their family 🙄

She doesn't know Jill very well, does she?

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Just because they didn't announce it doesn't mean the relationship wasn't sanctioned by his parents. Nurie and Nathan were courting or precourting for a couple of months before Jill announced it. Here are some excerpts from the Duggar Data post:

"On April 23, 2019, Nurie Rodrigues did a Happy Birthday IG Post for her fiancé, Nathan Keller.  In the Post, Nurie said: “It has been exactly a year ago, today, that we stated our relationship.  ...

Duggar Data goes on to say that Nurie and Nathan probably started courting in June when Jill started talking about a new announcement. Jill announced July 2 that Nurie was courting, but had started her relationship April 23. She used the Rods Instagram as the source. 

It's possible that the girl's parents didn't want Tim as a son-in-law. Fundie males are supposed to support the women and children. The Rod boys aren't the only guys with this problem. The Bates boys, the Bowers boys and other fundie males have this problem. Tim needs to find a girl whose family will employ him. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Except for judging the hell out of all the sluttishly dresses not Ladies out there . 

• Love 8

Tim would be perfect in a family like the Duggars,where daddy Jb supports them all.I don't think he can land Jana,though,and the other girls are still too young.And I imagine they know Jill is irritating as heck.

I can't imagine Jill as a mil.She would be insanely jealous of her dil and would constantly try to compete with her.Jmo

• Love 19
4 hours ago, awaken said:

Except for the part where Jill commended Nurie for calling women wearing pants 'sluttish'.  No judgement there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Redditor posted another pic of Timbits and the mystery girl. Her arm is around his waist. 

The plot thickens...

It's like the fundie equivalent of an orgy. I can see Jill being a real psycho bitch about so many aspects of this. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I think it's a work function. The person next to the girl is very close and it looks like she has her arm around his/her waist as well.

However, I could see Jill flipping her wig over these pictures and demanding Timothy come home due to the corrupting work environment. I don't think fundy men are allowed to touch hips with women. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Nuries first courtship was with a guy named Jedediah. Until Jilly put her 2 cents in and told her that she was too good for him. She told her to aim high and get a Duggar, Bates or a Keller boy. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how much of the gifts that Nurie got Jilly commandeered?

That's easy.  All of them. I'm sure Jill set up Nurie's registry, filling it with stuff JRod wanted and, then, after the shower, Jill 'allowed' Nurie to present her with all the loot and Nurie will get the old, used equivalent from Jill.

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here ya go. Not sure why it wasn't showing up in my downloads right after I downloaded it. 😕

image.png.b6b2b9a5c2b92e041c4d2e30abd24f4e.png

No matter what the relationship, I could see Jill blowing her top over this sort of immoral behavior and demanding Timbits return home immediately from that well known den of sin and iniquity, Wisconsin.

13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Nuries first courtship was with a guy named Jedediah. Until Jilly put her 2 cents in and told her that she was too good for him. She told her to aim high and get a Duggar, Bates or a Keller boy. 

Is that purple gum guy?  The one who came to visit and was never mentioned again?

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

That's easy.  All of them. I'm sure Jill set up Nurie's registry, filling it with stuff JRod wanted and, then, after the shower, Jill 'allowed' Nurie to present her with anything she wanted and Nurie will get the old, used equivalent from Jill.

No matter what the relationship, I could see Jill blowing her top over this sort of immoral behavior and demanding Timbits return home immediately from that well known den of sin and iniquity, Wisconsin.

Is that purple gum guy?  The one who came to visit and was never mentioned again?

Yes it was the purple guy. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Yes it was the purple guy. 

It is hard to imagine anyone being 'too good' for the Rodriguii.  I presume that purple gum guy wasn't deferential enough to Jill, didn't praise her and bring her gifts, too.  That would be the kiss of death.

As bad is it must be to be Jill's child, her future sons and daughters in law are also going to suffer greatly.

• Love 6

Those pictures of Tim look like parties at work. I can't tell if it's the same girl next to him in both photos. He looks so "normal" and happy in the pictures. No wonder Jill had to put a stop to it. He needs to be miserable at home under momma, not happy in the world with people his own age. 

• Love 2