Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Let’s hope he really is hearing impaired lol. One would want to be deaf to listen to Rod kids church concerts.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

5 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

With everything going on in the world this makes everything so much more hopeless. I am sure that was not the intent. The parents have truly failed their children on so many levels.

Wow, he's not very good! 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Lawson is also pretty short.

3 hours ago, Zella said:

Lawson's not bad-looking, but he's one of those guys who you can tell is just a complete douchebag just by taking a gander at him. 

All the attributes of a middle school heart-throb.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Wow, he's not very good! 

You're being kind. 😁

• Laugh 5

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Timmy has ever listened professionally produced music. If he has only heard his own family's CDs, he probably thinks his song is good.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? If you have nothing to compare to, how would you know? Feedback is good. Bubbles are bad. 

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Timmy has ever listened professionally produced music. If he has only heard his own family's CDs, he probably thinks his song is good.

the song itself is lovely - Timmy's rendition is horrible.

so what are the odds on timmy/jill got copyright permission for songs on his upcoming CD?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so what are the odds on timmy/jill got copywrite permission for songs on his upcoming CD?

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so what are the odds on timmy/jill got copywrite permission for songs on his upcoming CD?

I'm sure she did ---- not

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

sorry on the misspelling of copyright

I will report timbits if any CD appears without the proper permissions. maybe some songs will fall into "public domain" but I will watch

I spent many years in tech for an evangelical church and pushed that they needed copyright permission for everything. talked to people at Moody in Chicago many times.  they were always quick to respond and give a permission.

• Like 11

I admit I didn't make it through the whole thing either, but I think Tim was okay. If he was Wishverse or alternate reality Tim and could join a community choir, I think he'd do fine. I say Wishverse because even though choral music tends to run religious, I'm thinking real Timbits would have to run screaming from the devil music my choir does (or did, pre Covid) .Can't Severely risk poor Timmy's soul through the world's most awkward rendition of Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch with my Ungodly crew. 

• Laugh 9

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I will report timbits if any CD appears without the proper permissions. maybe some songs will fall into "public domain" but I will watch

I spent many years in tech for an evangelical church and pushed that they needed copyright permission for everything. talked to people at Moody in Chicago many times.  they were always quick to respond and give a permission.

Please do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Would Jill even know where to go to get copyright permission? Somehow, I doubt it.

eta: Not a problem for Lawson, since he writes his own material. His songs aren't half bad; it's his vocals that drag down his songs.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

To be fair, a lot of people don't know where to begin with seeking permissions. One can easily appear to be a wizard to authors by knowing how to obtain permissions. 😁

The difference is Jill doesn't even care. 

• Like 6

Did Jill save anybody else in a laundromat??? Or Walmart? Tsk tsk Jill you are SLACKING!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

I admit I didn't make it through the whole thing either, but I think Tim was okay. If he was Wishverse or alternate reality Tim and could join a community choir, I think he'd do fine. I say Wishverse because even though choral music tends to run religious, I'm thinking real Timbits would have to run screaming from the devil music my choir does (or did, pre Covid) .Can't Severely risk poor Timmy's soul through the world's most awkward rendition of Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch with my Ungodly crew. 

I couldn't sit through the entire video, but I agree he's good enough to sing in an amateur choir.  Every church I've ever attended had an all volunteer choir made up of people with "good enough" singing voices, who were there for the love of music and singing.  There was always a choir director with some type of musical/voice training who was able to get some surprisingly good results from people who had mostly fair voices but great attitudes.  

I feel sorry for Tim.  He and his mother clearly have no idea of the difference between "good enough to sing in church" and talented enough to make videos and CD's.  I don't know this for sure, but he doesn't seem to be full of himself like so many of the Duggar's and other fundies, so I couldn't even bring myself to laugh at his poor, pathetic video.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, Zella said:

To be fair, a lot of people don't know where to begin with seeking permissions. One can easily appear to be a wizard to authors by knowing how to obtain permissions. 😁

The difference is Jill doesn't even care. 

Most people don't record a bad CD of Hymns to sell either.

for the record "It is Well With My Soul"  is listed as a public domain song

for hymns in worship services especially the public domain thing comes in to play and is complicated especially with the projecting lyrics. CCLI license # is needed.

but using songs and lyrics on a CD for sale, Timbits, would most likely need permissions.

I had no idea how to go about it when I started. My first contact with Moody was they had some children's books we wanted to scan and project for a children's time sermon thing. they had a form you filled out that was pretty straight forward. what did you want to use, for what purpose, how many times would you use it, was it for profit, would you delete the presentation after using etc. most things we ask for were free for one time use with the "used with permission at the beginning or end of presentation.

but the music/lyrics permissions is a complicated giant pain in the ass

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Most people don't record a bad CD of Hymns to sell either.

for the record "It is Well With My Soul"  is listed as a public domain song

for hymns in worship services especially the public domain thing comes in to play and is complicated especially with the projecting lyrics. CCLI license # is needed.

but using songs and lyrics on a CD for sale, Timbits, would most likely need permissions.

I had no idea how to go about it when I started. My first contact with Moody was they had some children's books we wanted to scan and project for a children's time sermon thing. they had a form you filled out that was pretty straight forward. what did you want to use, for what purpose, how many times would you use it, was it for profit, would you delete the presentation after using etc. most things we ask for were free for one time use with the "used with permission at the beginning or end of presentation.

but the music/lyrics permissions is a complicated giant pain in the ass

Yes I learned how to do permissions while working for a small publisher. I sort of banned the authors from using music because it was such a pain in the ass, but permissions for images and other things like that are pretty straightforward provided you know how the rights holder is. 

• Useful 2

53 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Translation, please?

I am not fluent in Fundagarblese.

We love Jesus. I have been pregnant for half our marriage. God is everything to us. We shall keep having kids for him to spread his message. Blah blah blah. Yay we are happy! Jesus! Babiezz!

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Laugh 14

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Prissy wrote this one.

Translation for @Oldernowiser Italicised part is what Priscilla wrote. 

100 months ago today I married my best friend. 

100 months or 8 years and 4 months Priscilla married David who is her best friend. Especially since in IBLP her only friends would be her husband and siblings. 

Our journey together has been full of adventure serving the Lord together.

Our lives together focus on David's working for/running IBLP and godbothering random people. 

We now have five precious children and stand in awe at all God has done in these past few months...

We have five kids and we're glad God blessed us since we were in our midtwenties when we married. So old! Also God has kept us from getting Corona.  

We're amazed that 100 months have flown by since we said "I do"!

Time flies when you're having babies.

Marriage is created by God and blessed by God and we have enjoyed all God has done in and through it.

God said we had to get married so we did. We're glad, because God has blessed us with children. And God helped us get along pretty good. 

We are more in love with each today than ever before.

Both of us weren't sure we wanted to get married, but we've really grown on each other. 

We cherish quiet moments together, and not just because they have become more rare, but because we know and love each other more than we every dreamed possible!

Yes those rare times when the baby isn't crying or one of the older isn't asking questions or someone is calling "Mom, Mom" etc. are really good moments. Did we mention we have five precious children? They make the quiet moments all the more precious too! 

Thank you, Sweetheart! Thank you, Jesus!

Thank you David! Thank you Jesus!  Thanks guys! I let the two of make all my decisions, because it makes my life so much easier and I don't have to overthink anything. And this has made me (Priscilla) happier than I expected to be when got married. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 12
  • Sad 3

So far she has been pregnant 45/100 months. My privates just shrieked in agony.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 19

I don't think Tim is hearing impaired even tho he sounds that way. All/most of the kids seem to have a weird way with their speech when JillR has them talk in her videos.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Is 100 months a milestone people are now celebrating? I have never heard of it but I am kind of out of touch as far as Social Media goes. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Is 100 months a milestone people are now celebrating? I have never heard of it but I am kind of out of touch as far as Social Media goes. 

I had never heard of it either but nowadays it seems everything is an occasion for a party. Thanks pinterest! 

• Like 7

I can only imagine what Mr. Madtown would say if I made a gushy post next month when we celebrate 276 months of marriage(23years). Good grief. The way Priss speaks and how she acts, I always wonder how David is at home and how he speaks to her on a daily basis. Does he ever yell at her or speak down to her and if so, does she just speak in her airhead voice back to him and apologize for the rest of the day to him? I can't imagine living in that house or with half of these fundy people.

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, Temperance said:

We now have five precious children and stand in awe at all God has done in these past few months...

I have to wonder what they feel God has done, narrowed down to the past few months.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Princilla and David have always made sure they match.  Such buddies!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Did she forget to put the "s" on "month" on little her art project? 100 months? 100th month? Month 100? 

Maybe she had the kids make the sign. Homeschooling at its best. 

• Laugh 3

14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Translation for @Oldernowiser 

Oops^^

8 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Never heard of it either.  I do remember my son's first grade class celebrated the 100th day of school  by bringing in 100 small items (of the same thing)to do activities with. Ex:  beans, Lego blocks, paperclips, etc.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I assumed David wrote the post.

Nah, too many mistakes. 

• Laugh 3

I was curious about Timbit's YouTube channel.  He managed to get himself 126 victims subscribers along the way.  If you look at the 3rd video (mountain timelapse), there's a link for YouTube Kids where the description box should be.  And, he's clearly not wearing a helmet in the mountain biking crash.  The first uploads were 6/15/19 with a few front seat roller coaster rides.  At the beginning of each one, you can hear him talking to the guy that's sitting with him.  His voice is "off", just like in the singing video.  The park they are at is located in Idaho.  Very worldly, Tim.  And now after that round of hell, I'm off to pop open a bottle of vodka 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

11 hours ago, louannems said:

Princilla and David have always made sure they match.  Such buddies!

Bet he gets to pick first, and then she has to scramble to find something...such as a tee shirt under a lace halter top....and squeezing into it right after giving birth to her 5th kid.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Translation, please?

I am not fluent in Fundagarblese.

“ we are afraid of what 23 and me would show about our relationship.”

• Laugh 21

1 hour ago, sixlets said:

I was curious about Timbit's YouTube channel.  He managed to get himself 126 victims subscribers along the way.  If you look at the 3rd video (mountain timelapse), there's a link for YouTube Kids where the description box should be.  And, he's clearly not wearing a helmet in the mountain biking crash.  The first uploads were 6/15/19 with a few front seat roller coaster rides.  At the beginning of each one, you can hear him talking to the guy that's sitting with him.  His voice is "off", just like in the singing video.  The park they are at is located in Idaho.  Very worldly, Tim.  And now after that round of hell, I'm off to pop open a bottle of vodka 🤦‍♀️

I'm guessing youtube put the kid's link there,seeing as he didn't give a description.I guess his titles come across as being younger than he is? Idk

Spoiler

Opps.Little Timmy crashed.And he spit on himself,too.

His enunciation is just like Jill's.I guess that's why they all sound so odd.

There's no spoiler.Sry.Idk how to rid of it

Edited by sondraK

On 6/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think Prissy wrote this one.

It got deleted before I could capture it, but someone eviscerated them in the comments. Basically said, with everything going on in the world you think anyone cares about this?  You’re the most self-centered Christians I’ve ever seen, the hypocrisy is mind-blowing. Wonder how many comments of that nature they’ve deleted?  I

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 9

Pris probably had no clue what those people were talking about, bless her heart.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

17 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Pris probably had no clue what those people were talking about, bless her heart.

I don't doubt that.

• Like 3

Not sure how true this is (posted on Reddit), but if even part is, Timbits is in trouble. 

FB_IMG_1591479808817.jpg

• Surprise 4
  • Sad 12

The Reddit post doesn't sound true to me. 

Being repeatedly beaten in the head with a clock would show injuries, especially on the boys. And CPS can't force parents to put their kids in public school due to countless complaints. And their move to Wooster was hardly private.

And what does the poster mean that Timmy got fired from his job because of his parents' mental abuse?

And if this is even close to true, the poster had the best opportunity to steer Timmy toward help at the college and/or community services.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Reddit post doesn't sound true to me. 

I agree.  The poster also tried to post proof (badly) which is a photo mug with a picture of Tim and an "ex-friend".  How is that proof of anything?

• Like 3

not buying the reddit post for even a minute. 

tried too hard to hit most points on the online speculation about the rod family.

• Like 8

I also have a hard time believing Timbits was in a courtship that his mother didn't plaster all over social media. 

• Like 10

Nurie's first courtship was kept pretty quiet. Just a picture of purple presents.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2