Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Most people don't record a bad CD of Hymns to sell either.

for the record "It is Well With My Soul"  is listed as a public domain song

for hymns in worship services especially the public domain thing comes in to play and is complicated especially with the projecting lyrics. CCLI license # is needed.

but using songs and lyrics on a CD for sale, Timbits, would most likely need permissions.

I had no idea how to go about it when I started. My first contact with Moody was they had some children's books we wanted to scan and project for a children's time sermon thing. they had a form you filled out that was pretty straight forward. what did you want to use, for what purpose, how many times would you use it, was it for profit, would you delete the presentation after using etc. most things we ask for were free for one time use with the "used with permission at the beginning or end of presentation.

but the music/lyrics permissions is a complicated giant pain in the ass

Yes I learned how to do permissions while working for a small publisher. I sort of banned the authors from using music because it was such a pain in the ass, but permissions for images and other things like that are pretty straightforward provided you know how the rights holder is. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

53 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Translation, please?

I am not fluent in Fundagarblese.

We love Jesus. I have been pregnant for half our marriage. God is everything to us. We shall keep having kids for him to spread his message. Blah blah blah. Yay we are happy! Jesus! Babiezz!

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Prissy wrote this one.

Translation for @Oldernowiser Italicised part is what Priscilla wrote. 

100 months ago today I married my best friend. 

100 months or 8 years and 4 months Priscilla married David who is her best friend. Especially since in IBLP her only friends would be her husband and siblings. 

Our journey together has been full of adventure serving the Lord together.

Our lives together focus on David's working for/running IBLP and godbothering random people. 

We now have five precious children and stand in awe at all God has done in these past few months...

We have five kids and we're glad God blessed us since we were in our midtwenties when we married. So old! Also God has kept us from getting Corona.  

We're amazed that 100 months have flown by since we said "I do"!

Time flies when you're having babies.

Marriage is created by God and blessed by God and we have enjoyed all God has done in and through it.

God said we had to get married so we did. We're glad, because God has blessed us with children. And God helped us get along pretty good. 

We are more in love with each today than ever before.

Both of us weren't sure we wanted to get married, but we've really grown on each other. 

We cherish quiet moments together, and not just because they have become more rare, but because we know and love each other more than we every dreamed possible!

Yes those rare times when the baby isn't crying or one of the older isn't asking questions or someone is calling "Mom, Mom" etc. are really good moments. Did we mention we have five precious children? They make the quiet moments all the more precious too! 

Thank you, Sweetheart! Thank you, Jesus!

Thank you David! Thank you Jesus!  Thanks guys! I let the two of make all my decisions, because it makes my life so much easier and I don't have to overthink anything. And this has made me (Priscilla) happier than I expected to be when got married. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I don't think Tim is hearing impaired even tho he sounds that way. All/most of the kids seem to have a weird way with their speech when JillR has them talk in her videos.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Is 100 months a milestone people are now celebrating? I have never heard of it but I am kind of out of touch as far as Social Media goes. 

I had never heard of it either but nowadays it seems everything is an occasion for a party. Thanks pinterest! 

• Love 7
(edited)

I can only imagine what Mr. Madtown would say if I made a gushy post next month when we celebrate 276 months of marriage(23years). Good grief. The way Priss speaks and how she acts, I always wonder how David is at home and how he speaks to her on a daily basis. Does he ever yell at her or speak down to her and if so, does she just speak in her airhead voice back to him and apologize for the rest of the day to him? I can't imagine living in that house or with half of these fundy people.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

We now have five precious children and stand in awe at all God has done in these past few months...

I have to wonder what they feel God has done, narrowed down to the past few months.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Translation for @Oldernowiser 

Oops^^

8 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Is 100 months a milestone people are now celebrating? I have never heard of it but I am kind of out of touch as far as Social Media goes. 

Never heard of it either.  I do remember my son's first grade class celebrated the 100th day of school  by bringing in 100 small items (of the same thing)to do activities with. Ex:  beans, Lego blocks, paperclips, etc.

• Love 4

I was curious about Timbit's YouTube channel.  He managed to get himself 126 victims subscribers along the way.  If you look at the 3rd video (mountain timelapse), there's a link for YouTube Kids where the description box should be.  And, he's clearly not wearing a helmet in the mountain biking crash.  The first uploads were 6/15/19 with a few front seat roller coaster rides.  At the beginning of each one, you can hear him talking to the guy that's sitting with him.  His voice is "off", just like in the singing video.  The park they are at is located in Idaho.  Very worldly, Tim.  And now after that round of hell, I'm off to pop open a bottle of vodka 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Princilla and David have always made sure they match.  Such buddies!

Bet he gets to pick first, and then she has to scramble to find something...such as a tee shirt under a lace halter top....and squeezing into it right after giving birth to her 5th kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Translation, please?

I am not fluent in Fundagarblese.

“ we are afraid of what 23 and me would show about our relationship.”

• LOL 21
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

I was curious about Timbit's YouTube channel.  He managed to get himself 126 victims subscribers along the way.  If you look at the 3rd video (mountain timelapse), there's a link for YouTube Kids where the description box should be.  And, he's clearly not wearing a helmet in the mountain biking crash.  The first uploads were 6/15/19 with a few front seat roller coaster rides.  At the beginning of each one, you can hear him talking to the guy that's sitting with him.  His voice is "off", just like in the singing video.  The park they are at is located in Idaho.  Very worldly, Tim.  And now after that round of hell, I'm off to pop open a bottle of vodka 🤦‍♀️

I'm guessing youtube put the kid's link there,seeing as he didn't give a description.I guess his titles come across as being younger than he is? Idk

(edited)
Spoiler

Opps.Little Timmy crashed.And he spit on himself,too.

His enunciation is just like Jill's.I guess that's why they all sound so odd.

There's no spoiler.Sry.Idk how to rid of it

Edited by sondraK
On 6/4/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think Prissy wrote this one.

It got deleted before I could capture it, but someone eviscerated them in the comments. Basically said, with everything going on in the world you think anyone cares about this?  You’re the most self-centered Christians I’ve ever seen, the hypocrisy is mind-blowing. Wonder how many comments of that nature they’ve deleted?  I

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

The Reddit post doesn't sound true to me. 

Being repeatedly beaten in the head with a clock would show injuries, especially on the boys. And CPS can't force parents to put their kids in public school due to countless complaints. And their move to Wooster was hardly private.

And what does the poster mean that Timmy got fired from his job because of his parents' mental abuse?

And if this is even close to true, the poster had the best opportunity to steer Timmy toward help at the college and/or community services.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Reddit post doesn't sound true to me. 

I agree.  The poster also tried to post proof (badly) which is a photo mug with a picture of Tim and an "ex-friend".  How is that proof of anything?

• Love 3

Jill would have been all over social media when he entered into a courtship IF he had but you know she would have radio silence once he gave away a piece of his heart and the ...(what the hell do you call the other person, courtship-e?) girl dumped Timmy.

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe that Tim could bring himself to reveal the family’s secrets to strangers, no matter how “Christian” they were. He’s always been clearly terrified of his mother’s wrath.

• Love 19

I can't see Jill or that blob she's married to allowing one of the children to court someone they didn't like. They seem to retain total control over these kids lives. 

• Love 11

The post is fishy, but I think all the actual info in it is believable, or at least believable enough.

What I find weird is the tone...so breathless. Honestly, I think it’s more likely that Tim wrote it than that a friend from some college small group did lol

• Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think if Tim had been seeing a girl the family disapproved of, it wouldn't have been called a courtship. 

If Tim started seeing a girl without clearing it with Jill, first, it wouldn't be a courtship.  It could be he met someone up in Wisconsin and was interested in her and Jill demanded he come home immediately for having the audacity to think for himself.  Especially if she wasn't their brand of fundie and her family didn't do courtships.

I do think something specific happened in Wisconsin to bring Tim back to Ohio, especially with Jill barely commenting on it until he was already home to stay.  I'm sure he had academic problems but there could be more to it than that and it also might explain why Jill virtually ignored him for a bit.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It could be he met someone up in Wisconsin and was interested in her and Jill demanded he come home immediately for having the audacity to think for himself.  Especially if she wasn't their brand of fundie and her family didn't do courtships.

Yes, I could definitely see this far more than an actual courtship or him genuinely dating someone. Especially in light of him not posting any of the normal homages to Jill. Or her not posting them on his behalf. I do think Jill is pissed at him for whatever reason and that there's more to his return home than she's allowed. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sidney Dingus posted a couple pictures from Nurie's wedding shower. Unfortunately, I can't upload them, but take a guess at who is front and center? 

Is it just me,or does Jill look pregnant?

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, doodlebug said:

I agree.  Remember, Tim was utterly appalled that one of his instructors didn't think that the KJV was the one true Bible and actually told the class that he preferred another translation.  And, what did Tim do?  Did he approach the teacher and ask some questions to get some insight as to why the teacher felt that way?  Did Tim go to the library, get a copy of the other Bible and compare it to the KJV?  Did he talk to his pastor and perhaps ask if there were any references he could use to learn more about the differences between translations?

Oh, hell no!  He apparently ran screaming from the classroom and immediately called Mama to report the heresy.  A kid who has been so thoroughly indoctrinated into the cult that he cannot even bear to consider the POV of another Christian who probably is just marginally less strict that Tim's upbringing is not a guy who is going to welcome change.

I wonder what they would think if they learned that the KJV was busywork King James assigned to the clergy so they wouldn't have time to complain and interfere with his apparently plentiful gay lovers. They had harassed him to the point of cramping his style with the gentlemen, so he distracted them as much as he could.

Real divine inspiration, huh? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

JimBob still thinks the king wrote it all by himself because he is a special kind of smart. And the king probably said "They are leaving me alone, it's divine". The End. You can see the confusion.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, sondraK said:

Is it just me,or does Jill look pregnant?

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, all of a sudden she's wearing layers. It's hard to tell under that topper.

Oh noooo, she IS going to announce at the wedding! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2