Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The earpiece may be to hear the accompaniment as he was recording the song. 

I wasn't as bothered by his pitch as much as the way he was pronouncing the lyrics...not to mention his random meandering around the field. I found the background singer to be more annoying to hear. 

• Love 8

It says at the end of the video that Tim did everything. I'm guessing a lot of work went into playing the instruments, singing lead and back-up and then making the video. So there's that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I haven't received my invite yet but I hope I get to sit near Dingbits. I'd like to see if they are talking about their favorite bible verse.

And I'd be sitting on the aisle so not to miss the mother of the bride in all her glory.

I think a response got taken by aliens, said "your reply was merged". To where? Primetimer is having issues again.

Since I'll be in my wheelchair,  I'm hoping to get a  space with Jill's SEVERLY wheelchair bound sister (?Amy)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The only thing that video shows(well, besides that he can't sing) is what a sad pathetic life he lives(a long with his siblings). I can only imagine the pimping Jill will do to get people to buy that horrible CD he made.

OMG that was painful.  It reminds me of my early days of going to church at catholic school when the priest would have to sing the prayers while he suffered from a severe cold.  

Who's doing the background vocals?  The whole thing might have been better if the instrumental portion wasn't so strong.

• Love 7

Oh My Lord. Is TimBits (severely) hearing impaired, by any chance? The way he forms his words sounds like a hearing impaired person.

That boy can't carry a tune in a paper bag. Was that Mama manning the camera and singing harmony with him?

A CD???? An entire CD???? Haven't we all suffered enough in 2020?

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh My Lord. Is TimBits (severely) hearing impaired, by any chance? The way he forms his words sounds like a hearing impaired person.

That boy can't carry a tune in a paper bag. Was that Mama manning the camera and singing harmony with him?

I guess JillRod saw all the attention Lawson Bates got when he did his CD

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He should court that poor girl with The Nose. As most of his sisters and his mother have   a hefty amount of nasal appendage, he’d feel right at home.

Isn’t she much older than him?

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing a lot of work went into playing the instruments, singing lead and back-up and then making the video.

I'm surprised he didn't have to credit Jill who held the camera. Her dirty fingernail is pretty evident in a few scenes. I guess having her appear in his YouTube profile picture was "thanks" enough.

Current ratio on that video:

503359682_ScreenShot2020-06-03at10_38_54AM.png.ce54c980e0e7ea4359a6312b9809510e.png

4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm surprised he didn't have to credit Jill who held the camera. Her dirty fingernail is pretty evident in a few scenes. I guess having her appear in his YouTube profile picture was "thanks" enough.

Current ratio on that video:

503359682_ScreenShot2020-06-03at10_38_54AM.png.ce54c980e0e7ea4359a6312b9809510e.png

next Timbits or Jill will post whining about "the haters that persecute them"

• Love 11
9 hours ago, SMama said:

I made it to the 1:35 mark and feel I deserve a Medal of Honor. OMG, are all of them so out of touch they think this deserves to be disseminated? What a horrible thing to do to your children. To rob them from the experiences that bring forth self awareness. 

You're braver than I! I skipped around and I couldn't handle more than a few seconds at a time. The CIA could use that to break the will of terrorists. 

Poor Tim. I don't know what happened with his schooling, but I have a feeling he will never set foot in a classroom again. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

That was my very first thought too ..hearing impaired!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I guess JillRod saw all the attention Lawson Bates got when he did his CD.

That was my immediate thought. After "wtf did I just watch?".

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Did anyone else get the impression that the music/vocal track was laid over the video? I thought there were a few times where the shapes Timothy made with his lips and mouth did not match the vocals. There are also no natural background noises from the stream, wind, or birds. 

Timothy should have left his wallet and keys with the camera person.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Did anyone else get the impression that the music/vocal track was laid over the video? I thought there were a few times where the shapes Timothy made with his lips and mouth did not match the vocals. There are also no natural background noises from the stream, wind, or birds. 

During the part where he was walking on the water, his mouth stopped moving, yet the song continued.

Did anyone see the person in the background actually walking on the water?

• Love 3

It may be well with his soul, but it's not well with my ears. I had to skip parts of it to get to the end. That's where Jill has him take credit for the entire thing, even though you know it was her idea, her song choice, her direction, and her camera work. At the end, he looks to Best Mama to find out what to do now that it's over. 

He's no Lawson Bates, and I don't think Lawson can sing either. I think Tim is trying to sing over a recorded track too, music and vocals. I can't listen to it again to hear if he tried harmony. 

Perhaps the CD is a way to attract attention and find a wife--if he hasn't been already contracted to a Dingus girl. 

• Love 9

Tim is never going back to a school nor is he ever leaving the storage container he lives in(way in the back 40). He's also never going to get a job unless his father is passing on his erm...expertise in printing nonsense. Who wouldn't want to hire a poorly home-schooled youngster who repeatedly tries to lecture people all about  the correct religion. It would be interesting to watch but sad for Timbits. And any co-workers he might someday have.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Triple P said:

I actually thought Jill was singing along with him as I thought I heard a woman's voice singing in the background. I didn't pay enough attention to see Tim's lips not matching up or him not singing, when the music still was.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

He definitely appears to be hearing impaired. They won’t be able to give those cds away...

Tim and Nurie definitely have odd speech patterns when they talk.  I don't think they're hard of hearing; I just think their strange speech patterns make them sound that way.  Jill doesn't sound like that when she speaks, I wonder if Shrek does.  I think these kids have so little exposure to anyone outside the immediate family that they just don't learn to mimic the natural patterns of speech that the rest of us used back when we were learning to talk and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

• Love 9

They do have that odd sort of disconnected sound in their speech (and singing) which is often heard with the hearing impaired. And the lip-syncing just makes it so much more apparent. 

Was that Jill harmonizing in the background? I was going to give her credit for not actually trying to out-sing the lead with soaring (or flailing) descants as she seems to do Every.Single.Time. But maybe it was just one or two of the Nuries.

I managed to last about halfway through, and was trying to be generous in wondering whether he might actually have the makings of a decent voice in there if only he could stop being so nasal, learn some support and projection, and not be afraid to show any sort of emotion. I still didn't figure it out. The Rodriguii are not, as a group, completely untalented, musically - I'm assuming that the instrumentals on the video were done by them as well, and they do, sometimes, come together for a brief moment sounding as though they kind of know what they are doing, but they all desperately need real training if they are going to start thinking they can actually produce CD's that anyone would ever really want to listen to.

At the moment, they all remind me of that sort of reasonably talented (though far from being a prodigy) 5th grader who gets the solo because they are better than most of the other kids, but, in reality, only their parents actually find their performance really pleasing to the ear.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

Why do they keep doing these things that so obviously make them look bad?

Because Jill isn't going to cough up that chicken leg for nothing. Poor Timothy either does what Best Mama wants, or he's stuck in that storage container with no human contact and foraging the back 40 for food that won't kill him.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

...and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

Best description of Jill, ever!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Tim and Nurie definitely have odd speech patterns when they talk.  I don't think they're hard of hearing; I just think their strange speech patterns make them sound that way.  Jill doesn't sound like that when she speaks, I wonder if Shrek does.  I think these kids have so little exposure to anyone outside the immediate family that they just don't learn to mimic the natural patterns of speech that the rest of us used back when we were learning to talk and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

While they sound hearing-impaired, I doubt they are. I bet all of the kids sound like this. We don't hear them talk much, except Jill, so it's hard to say.  

If the kids had a hearing loss, wouldn't Jill be all over it like with her SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy? Jill is not someone who would let a disability go ungrifted. 

David might have an accent, even if he grew up in this country.  Usually the mother determines the speech patterns of the kids because she has the most interaction with them. In this wacko family, all bets are off. 

I think Tim just had trouble singing with the music (and whatever) in the earpiece and Jill (and whoever) singing in the background. That's a lot to coordinate while trying to look sincere and avoid falling in a pond. If he's going to do this, he needs to record the sound separately (+ autotune) and walk around the pretty woods and lip sync for the visual. 

Jill is no Phil Spector. Jill isn't even as good as some random Internet musician in my neighborhood. 

• Love 3

I doubt that the kids have had their hearing tested, since they're not in school. Regardless of what JillRod posts, I don't believe her children receive well-child check-ups that would catch any problems, also. 

• Love 7

The ratio now stands at 44/229.  I can't wrap my head around people who don't want their children to succeed.  Hey Jill, I know you want to protect your Timbits from the big, ebil world around him, but turning off the comments on his YT channel isn't the way to go.  One of these days, and probably soon, he's going to come in contact with someone who is done hearing his song & dance about Jesus and will put him in his place.  The least you can do is let him become a man so he has a fighting chance.

• Love 11

I didn't do a thumbs down on his YT because I figured that Jill is monitoring that and blocking people. 

Pity that Timbits doesn't even have a day job that he could go to every day. But Tim probably thinks this song is the bomb dot com and doesn't feel the need to go find gainful employment. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Because Jill isn't going to cough up that chicken leg for nothing. Poor Timothy either does what Best Mama wants, or he's stuck in that storage container with no human contact and foraging the back 40 for food that won't kill him.

Best description of Jill, ever!

In Ohio, Timothy would be eligible for SNAP (food stamps). He should get his own card and use his month’s allotment for himself. Right now, he could probably also qualify for the PUA unemployment benefits (at least $189 a week from a Ohio and the federal $600 a week). Get it and save it, Tim!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

In Ohio, Timothy would be eligible for SNAP (food stamps). He should get his own card and use his month’s allotment for himself. Right now, he could probably also qualify for the PUA unemployment benefits (at least $189 a week from a Ohio and the federal $600 a week). Get it and save it, Tim!

If he gets any money it will go straight to MAMA greedy HANDS

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

He never worked in Ohio. He'd have to file in WI. 

Right now they aren’t checking documentation. Ohio just opened up unemployment benefits for the self employed and definitions are vague.

• Love 1
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Right now they aren’t checking documentation. Ohio just opened up unemployment benefits for the self employed and definitions are vague.

Interesting. If there's a loophole to be exploited, Jill will find it!

• Love 3

or he could, you know, get a job.

even derick dillard does grub hub deliveries.

all grocery, delivery services and even ford motor company are hiring in my area.

but the singing CD will not make much money for timbits. Probably not making much for Lawson, the younger duggar girls etc and they have a much larger audience

• Love 6

I am still recovering from watching just a little bit of Timbits' singing debut, but I have some questions. 

1. Who exactly is the market for this CD? The Rodriguii seem to be politely tolerated at best by fundy ilk such as the Duggars and Bates families, I can't imagine them coughing up cash for this.

2. Why is this even happening in the first place? I know Jill copies everything other famous fundy families do, but Lawson's singing career hasn't exactly set the world on fire. Timbits doesn't have the pretty looks or personality to carry this off (neither does Lawson, tbh) and his singing made my dog run from the room. 

• LOL 8

I bet Jill shelled out some Plexus money to buy Tim new clothes for this gig. The cheap clip-on tie with the matching tie tack are bad, but the rest of the outfit is clean and contemporary and it fits.  His poor sisters never get a thing that isn't some polyester mystery that has been dragged out of the '80s kicking and screaming for relief. 

I don't think Jill is filming. She always wears nail polish, and the dirty fingernail that keeps wandering into the shot does not belong to a woman of leisure. I'm sure she's on the scene giving orders, however. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

You can bet on it.  I’m serious.

Yep Jill will totally do it. The sign will say all proceeds from the cd sale will go to my SEVERELY ill sister Amy. Obviously Jill will keep the $ to herself 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not sure how it works in Ohio, but I work for the labor department in LA and in order to qualify for UI for the self employed, he’d have to have a 1099 or other documentation. Generally, if you don’t have any wages for the reporting period (the first four of the last five quarters) for that state, you are ineligible in that state.

The adjudicators may not verify everything now, but could at a later time. And at least in LA, if you receive an overpayment, the state will make any and all attempts to collect that overpayment from you including garnishments. You do not want to be on the hook for an unemployment overpayment.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I will admit that I laughed when I heard the video and when I read some of your comments, but now I just feel sad. Tim, even though he tried his hand at college, is still a pretty sheltered person. You know that other people in this family had a hand in this, and yet no one stopped him from making a fool of himself. I despise Jill and Shrek, but I feel oddly protective of Tim. If my children posted a video and people were laughing, posting negative comments, and giving a thumbs down to the video, I would be devastated for my child. I feel awful for him that no one stopped him and told him this would be a bad idea. 

• Love 14