Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Timothy made a video.

I laughed so loud my dog woke up from his nap. The Rods are truly the gift that keeps on giving!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14

He has a six-note range and that’s pitched waaay too low for any it.

I kind of feel sorry for him.

• Like 11

Why do they keep doing these things that so obviously make them look bad?

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Poor kid is having trouble finding his niche. Can't sing, flunked out of two schools, can't afford to fly. What's next?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 10

Well, that won’t be winning anything at the VMAs.  Especially with the strange finger that pops up in the corner a couple of times.

• Laugh 9

21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Poor kid is having trouble finding his niche. Can't sing, flunked out of two schools, can't afford to fly. What's next?

Married to a Dingus?

• Laugh 6

46 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Married to a Dingus?

He should court that poor girl with The Nose. As most of his sisters and his mother have   a hefty amount of nasal appendage, he’d feel right at home.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3

He didn't just make a video, he's making a whole CD!

But still using his mama's Facebook account

Hello everyone this is Timothy Rodrigues! Just wanted to let you all know I finished my first music video, definitely not professional but I put my heart into it! Please watch, and subscribe to my channel if you aren't already! Also stay posted cause I'm almost done with my first CD. Hope you all have a wonderful night, and God bless!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 5

I made it to the 1:35 mark and feel I deserve a Medal of Honor. OMG, are all of them so out of touch they think this deserves to be disseminated? What a horrible thing to do to your children. To rob them from the experiences that bring forth self awareness. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 2

Part of a parent's job is to be honest with their kids even when it may hurt their feelings.

Okay JillR, do some parenting.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Three words: He.can't.sing.

My cats screech way better. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 5

At one point in the video, I thought he was going to wade into the water (or possibly walk on it!) in his Sunday boat shoes. There were also a few instances where he forgot the words. 

The saddest part was at the very end when he looked at the camera like a hostage. 

And what was with the earpiece in his left ear? Does he have a hearing impairment? 

• Like 5

Timbits! Inherited ! HiS !MotHer's ! sM! sTyLe! And Jesus loves them best!

Bunch of idiots.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Because of the fact that they think that they are great in everything they do. 

• Like 5

The earpiece may be to hear the accompaniment as he was recording the song. 

I wasn't as bothered by his pitch as much as the way he was pronouncing the lyrics...not to mention his random meandering around the field. I found the background singer to be more annoying to hear. 

• Like 8

It says at the end of the video that Tim did everything. I'm guessing a lot of work went into playing the instruments, singing lead and back-up and then making the video. So there's that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I haven't received my invite yet but I hope I get to sit near Dingbits. I'd like to see if they are talking about their favorite bible verse.

And I'd be sitting on the aisle so not to miss the mother of the bride in all her glory.

I think a response got taken by aliens, said "your reply was merged". To where? Primetimer is having issues again.

Since I'll be in my wheelchair,  I'm hoping to get a  space with Jill's SEVERLY wheelchair bound sister (?Amy)

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

The only thing that video shows(well, besides that he can't sing) is what a sad pathetic life he lives(a long with his siblings). I can only imagine the pimping Jill will do to get people to buy that horrible CD he made.

• Sad 11

OMG that was painful.  It reminds me of my early days of going to church at catholic school when the priest would have to sing the prayers while he suffered from a severe cold.  

Who's doing the background vocals?  The whole thing might have been better if the instrumental portion wasn't so strong.

• Like 7

Oh My Lord. Is TimBits (severely) hearing impaired, by any chance? The way he forms his words sounds like a hearing impaired person.

That boy can't carry a tune in a paper bag. Was that Mama manning the camera and singing harmony with him?

A CD???? An entire CD???? Haven't we all suffered enough in 2020?

• Like 8
  • Laugh 12

25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh My Lord. Is TimBits (severely) hearing impaired, by any chance? The way he forms his words sounds like a hearing impaired person.

That boy can't carry a tune in a paper bag. Was that Mama manning the camera and singing harmony with him?

I guess JillRod saw all the attention Lawson Bates got when he did his CD

• Useful 5

8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He should court that poor girl with The Nose. As most of his sisters and his mother have   a hefty amount of nasal appendage, he’d feel right at home.

Isn’t she much older than him?

21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Isn’t she much older than him?

Also I would think taller and if I remember correctly better educated. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing a lot of work went into playing the instruments, singing lead and back-up and then making the video.

I'm surprised he didn't have to credit Jill who held the camera. Her dirty fingernail is pretty evident in a few scenes. I guess having her appear in his YouTube profile picture was "thanks" enough.

Current ratio on that video:

503359682_ScreenShot2020-06-03at10_38_54AM.png.ce54c980e0e7ea4359a6312b9809510e.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm surprised he didn't have to credit Jill who held the camera. Her dirty fingernail is pretty evident in a few scenes. I guess having her appear in his YouTube profile picture was "thanks" enough.

Current ratio on that video:

503359682_ScreenShot2020-06-03at10_38_54AM.png.ce54c980e0e7ea4359a6312b9809510e.png

next Timbits or Jill will post whining about "the haters that persecute them"

• Like 12

9 hours ago, SMama said:

I made it to the 1:35 mark and feel I deserve a Medal of Honor. OMG, are all of them so out of touch they think this deserves to be disseminated? What a horrible thing to do to your children. To rob them from the experiences that bring forth self awareness. 

You're braver than I! I skipped around and I couldn't handle more than a few seconds at a time. The CIA could use that to break the will of terrorists. 

Poor Tim. I don't know what happened with his schooling, but I have a feeling he will never set foot in a classroom again. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 9

Maybe they can set up a table at Nurie’s wedding and sell CD’s!

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

That was my very first thought too ..hearing impaired!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I guess JillRod saw all the attention Lawson Bates got when he did his CD.

That was my immediate thought. After "wtf did I just watch?".

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

30 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Maybe they can set up a table at Nurie’s wedding and sell CD’s!

They’re all going to caterwaul at that wedding, aren’t they...

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Did anyone else get the impression that the music/vocal track was laid over the video? I thought there were a few times where the shapes Timothy made with his lips and mouth did not match the vocals. There are also no natural background noises from the stream, wind, or birds. 

Timothy should have left his wallet and keys with the camera person.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Did anyone else get the impression that the music/vocal track was laid over the video? I thought there were a few times where the shapes Timothy made with his lips and mouth did not match the vocals. There are also no natural background noises from the stream, wind, or birds. 

During the part where he was walking on the water, his mouth stopped moving, yet the song continued.

Did anyone see the person in the background actually walking on the water?

• Like 3

It may be well with his soul, but it's not well with my ears. I had to skip parts of it to get to the end. That's where Jill has him take credit for the entire thing, even though you know it was her idea, her song choice, her direction, and her camera work. At the end, he looks to Best Mama to find out what to do now that it's over. 

He's no Lawson Bates, and I don't think Lawson can sing either. I think Tim is trying to sing over a recorded track too, music and vocals. I can't listen to it again to hear if he tried harmony. 

Perhaps the CD is a way to attract attention and find a wife--if he hasn't been already contracted to a Dingus girl. 

• Like 9

Tim is never going back to a school nor is he ever leaving the storage container he lives in(way in the back 40). He's also never going to get a job unless his father is passing on his erm...expertise in printing nonsense. Who wouldn't want to hire a poorly home-schooled youngster who repeatedly tries to lecture people all about  the correct religion. It would be interesting to watch but sad for Timbits. And any co-workers he might someday have.

• Like 12

He definitely appears to be hearing impaired. They won’t be able to give those cds away...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triple P said:

I actually thought Jill was singing along with him as I thought I heard a woman's voice singing in the background. I didn't pay enough attention to see Tim's lips not matching up or him not singing, when the music still was.

• Like 3

I think this is Jill's dirty fingernail on the camera that kept creeping into frame:

1561914330_ScreenShot2020-06-03at10_45_47AM.png.bc0b77d12872b87b3c524b97203364c4.png

• Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

54 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

He definitely appears to be hearing impaired. They won’t be able to give those cds away...

Tim and Nurie definitely have odd speech patterns when they talk.  I don't think they're hard of hearing; I just think their strange speech patterns make them sound that way.  Jill doesn't sound like that when she speaks, I wonder if Shrek does.  I think these kids have so little exposure to anyone outside the immediate family that they just don't learn to mimic the natural patterns of speech that the rest of us used back when we were learning to talk and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

They do have that odd sort of disconnected sound in their speech (and singing) which is often heard with the hearing impaired. And the lip-syncing just makes it so much more apparent. 

Was that Jill harmonizing in the background? I was going to give her credit for not actually trying to out-sing the lead with soaring (or flailing) descants as she seems to do Every.Single.Time. But maybe it was just one or two of the Nuries.

I managed to last about halfway through, and was trying to be generous in wondering whether he might actually have the makings of a decent voice in there if only he could stop being so nasal, learn some support and projection, and not be afraid to show any sort of emotion. I still didn't figure it out. The Rodriguii are not, as a group, completely untalented, musically - I'm assuming that the instrumentals on the video were done by them as well, and they do, sometimes, come together for a brief moment sounding as though they kind of know what they are doing, but they all desperately need real training if they are going to start thinking they can actually produce CD's that anyone would ever really want to listen to.

At the moment, they all remind me of that sort of reasonably talented (though far from being a prodigy) 5th grader who gets the solo because they are better than most of the other kids, but, in reality, only their parents actually find their performance really pleasing to the ear.

• Like 18

16 hours ago, Absolom said:

Because Jill isn't going to cough up that chicken leg for nothing. Poor Timothy either does what Best Mama wants, or he's stuck in that storage container with no human contact and foraging the back 40 for food that won't kill him.

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

...and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

Best description of Jill, ever!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Tim and Nurie definitely have odd speech patterns when they talk.  I don't think they're hard of hearing; I just think their strange speech patterns make them sound that way.  Jill doesn't sound like that when she speaks, I wonder if Shrek does.  I think these kids have so little exposure to anyone outside the immediate family that they just don't learn to mimic the natural patterns of speech that the rest of us used back when we were learning to talk and Jill, being an idiot and not an actual teacher, never bothered to seek out help for them.

While they sound hearing-impaired, I doubt they are. I bet all of the kids sound like this. We don't hear them talk much, except Jill, so it's hard to say.  

If the kids had a hearing loss, wouldn't Jill be all over it like with her SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy? Jill is not someone who would let a disability go ungrifted. 

David might have an accent, even if he grew up in this country.  Usually the mother determines the speech patterns of the kids because she has the most interaction with them. In this wacko family, all bets are off. 

I think Tim just had trouble singing with the music (and whatever) in the earpiece and Jill (and whoever) singing in the background. That's a lot to coordinate while trying to look sincere and avoid falling in a pond. If he's going to do this, he needs to record the sound separately (+ autotune) and walk around the pretty woods and lip sync for the visual. 

Jill is no Phil Spector. Jill isn't even as good as some random Internet musician in my neighborhood. 

• Like 3

I doubt that the kids have had their hearing tested, since they're not in school. Regardless of what JillRod posts, I don't believe her children receive well-child check-ups that would catch any problems, also. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1