Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I agree, that would be appointment tv. I'd cancel appointments to watch that mess take place. I need to see Nurie and the severely hot husband walk down the aisle, and look for Anna and idiot in the pews.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hehe I just thought that earlier today. I never watch these fundie weddings, but I'd watch 8 hours of that demented shit. 

I almost said I’d pay an admission fee, but didn’t want to give Jill any ideas. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hehe I just thought that earlier today. I never watch these fundie weddings, but I'd watch 8 hours of that demented shit. 

You're missing out. Fundie weddings are veritable mines of snark. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

The Rod girls and their friends are standing awfully close for non family members. But I’m sure they think they’re being “sanitary.”

And the Plath unmarrieds, Lydia and the brother who arm wrestled with Samuel (I think) came up from GA. Hosanna is semi-local to the Rods; she lives about an hour away.

• Useful 2
(edited)

That website is about what I expected, and note that only the boys (well one of them) wants to be a scientist. The girls strive to be wives and mothers and they study hard to be able to do so (eyeroll). 

And one poor kid didn't even get a picture. Miriam seems to be a boy. 

I'm trying hard not to mention noses.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I can't wait to see if Jill shows up wearing her old wedding gown and veil, because she's Very Important.

And she’ll swear up and down that Nurie and Nathan INSISTED because she’s so special.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

And she’ll swear up and down that Nurie and Nathan INSISTED because she’s so special.

Yeah, I think I would be more surprised if she DIDN'T wear her vow renewal gown (which was also virgin white).

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

That website is about what I expected, and note that only the boys (well one of them) wants to be a scientist. The girls strive to be wives and mothers and they study hard to be able to do so (eyeroll). And one poor kid didn't even get a picture.

Miriam seems to be a boy. 

I'm trying hard not to mention noses.

Although she's adopted, she's apparently the identical twin of their biological son Zechariah. (She also wore the same outfit for the photo that he wore for his photo.) How have they not noticed this? 🙃

I wish they knew about em-dashes.

They do, however, seem to know some differentiating details about each child....So good for them on that score, at least. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

A while back, before the courtship, Jill claimed that she was Nurie's best friend and that she wanted Mama to be matron of honor at her wedding.  Don't be surprised if Jill doesn't march down the aisle in her wedding dress just ahead of Nurie,

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

A while back, before the courtship, Jill claimed that she was Nurie's best friend and that she wanted Mama to be matron of honor at her wedding.  Don't be surprised if Jill doesn't march down the aisle in her wedding dress just ahead of Nurie,

How can a girl be the identical twin of a boy?  Fraternal yep. Identical, nope.

It's a joke, if you look at the website you'll see that they give the girl's name and her picture is the same as the little boy above her. They can't even get their own kids pictures correct.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

It's a joke, if you look at the website you'll see that they give the girl's name and her picture is the same as the little boy above her. They can't even get their own kids pictured correctly.

Duh!  It's been a long weekend!  I just realized that and deleted.  Poor Miriam, even her bio bro that they also adopted has a photo next to his info.

At least poor Rachael has a bachelor's degree according to the website.  What with her other 'challenges', at least she got some education.  She is rather painful to look at though, maybe they can find a fundie guy with bad eyesight.  If ever a grifter needed a Go Fund Me.... Heck, I might kick in 5 bucks to her.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

The Craig family father has an education and possibly a decent job as an engineer at a pharmaceutical company. I wonder how he stays employed with all the grifting that needs to be managed. Maybe mother Craig runs that side of the business. 

Daddy Craig is where the height and apparently the nose come from. At least the kids appear to have regular meals. 

• Love 7
(edited)

In the Craig family photo the adopted kids look less than thrilled to be there. 

I also feel very bad for Rachael.

ETA: The photos posted yesterday are no longer visible.  Evidently Rachael has made her Instagram page private. I really hope she was not bombarded with nasty comments.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wonder if Rachel's college degree is to help her in case she never marries.  From the little I have read about her she seems to have an outgoing, friendly personality.  

In the Craig family, the boys seem to be the ones who got the good looks.  Just the opposite of the Duggars with all their very dreary-looking boys, with the possible exception of Jed.

• Love 5

Sidney Dingus' public FB page has become interesting. There is a picture of Timbits with an unidentified young woman with a hashtag #sistersinlaw. The young woman is believed to be a Dingus. 

is Timbits courting????? 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Nothing creepy at all about a 22-23 year old man eyeing a 16 year old girl. Nothing at all. I realize that's not unusual with that group but still creeps me out.

It's part of their Laura Ingalls Wilder fetish. The 10 year difference between Laura and Almanzo meant Almanzo was an established worker and Laura was an innocent chaste virgin who went from her father's home to her husband's. They completely ignore that she taught school before marriage.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

The young woman is believed to be a Dingus. 

I love how this sounds like some sort of secret code! 

If Timbits is courting, it is probably the real reason behind his sudden relocation back home. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sidney Dingus' public FB page has become interesting. There is a picture of Timbits with an unidentified young woman with a hashtag #sistersinlaw. The young woman is believed to be a Dingus. 

Unemployed, washed out of two colleges and possible shacking up on his parent's property. What a catch!

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Totally said:

I don’t know who Sidney Dingus is, I’m assuming a fundie sweet friend?

Yep, she is a new neighbor since they relocated to Ohio.  Her family gifted the Rods with a side of beef, so they are probably farmers/ranchers. JRod also posted photos after coloring Sidney's hair.  JRod supposedly studied cosmetology back in the 80's in homeschool and hasn't updated her skills since.

6 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Unemployed, washed out of two colleges and possible shacking up on his parent's property. What a catch!

Like father, like son.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

And they gave her a close up photo!  The rest have a full length picture or close to it. What were they thinking?

They also seem to pick the least flattering angles for the poor girl.  Not that she really has a good side....

11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

In the Craig family photo the adopted kids look less than thrilled to be there. 

I also feel very bad for Rachael.

ETA: The photos posted yesterday are no longer visible.  Evidently Rachael has made her Instagram page private. I really hope she was not bombarded with nasty comments.

I hope Rachael isn't like the various Duggars and checking out the various sites around the web where her name has appeared.

If you are around, Rachael, contact me, I know a great plastic surgeon!

• LOL 5
32 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

He's the perfect guy for any female who has ever been on Judge Judy. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Neither one of her parents has a nose like that. Or any siblings. 

Take a look at the honker on her pops.  His fits his face better, but it appears to be the source of the problem.

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Take a look at the honker on her pops.  His fits his face better, but it appears to be the source of the problem.

It's definitely a man's nose.  If she can't afford rhinoplasty, I wish she would at least seek out some youtube tutorials on how to contour it.  Oh wait, she can't do that, those videos are produced by drag queens.

• LOL 4
41 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Neither one of her parents has a nose like that. Or any siblings. 

It can skip a generation. A girl I grew up with had proportionate features (as did her husband) and her poor daughter was born with an unfortunate nose. She apparently inherited it from her paternal grandfather. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And was he  only worth half a cow ?

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I do wonder if fundamentalist families are against cosmetic surgery because "God made you that way"?  

I don't think so.  If they felt that way, then the women would not dye their hair, perm their hair, or plaster on the makeup.  Taking a gander at Michelle and Jilly Rod tells me this is not the case.  I do think it is because they cannot afford it.  It would not surprise me to see a well-off fundy man pay for his wife to get liposuction or a boobjob  Him being the headship and all.

• Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I do wonder if fundamentalist families are against cosmetic surgery because "God made you that way"?  

I don't think they're against it, especially if it gives them an advantage in nailing down a husband. IIRC, the Botkin sisters had nose jobs and Michelle Duggar looks like she hits up the dermatologist. I think Whitney Bates had some sort of work done as well. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

If they wanted to look like how God made them they also should stop putting makeup on with a trowel. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

They also get braces on their teeth. I don't think it's just to improve a child's bite since girls seem to get priority on straight teeth. 

I wonder how the Craigs were able to adopt so many kids. They can't be too poor. Do they grift children for Jesus? 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder how the Craigs were able to adopt so many kids. They can't be too poor. Do they grift children for Jesus? 

Only two of the kids are adopted.  A biological brother and sister.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

They also get braces on their teeth. I don't think it's just to improve a child's bite since girls seem to get priority on straight teeth. 

A lot of these fundies arrange private adoptions and get kids from teens whose parents belong to their church and are pregnant out of wedlock or other sinner-type situations.  Since the adoption is private, all that needs to happen is for the bio parents to specifically choose them to be the adoptive parents.  Social services just does a cursory check and they are made official.  Since the adopted siblings are very cute, blue eyed blond and quite young; I think it was probably some sort of privately arranged adoption.  Public adoption agencies would have turned them down flat because they already had a lot of kids and no fertility issues and using a private agency is quite expensive, especially when the kids are very young and Caucasian. 

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Allison Bontrager is engaged! It's on her Instagram. She recently turned 26. All of her siblings got married relatively soon after their engagement so I expect the wedding by the end of the year. 

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell, Allison's older sister, got married a month before her 27th birthday (so also at 26). Chelsy is currently having baby #2 in the next two-three weeks. Her son Axton was born January 2019. I think B name for this baby; like Bontrager for a boy or Bonnie for a girl. Chelsy is married John Maxwell, son of Steve and Teri.

The Bontragers have gone back to church and are traveling and seem to be not social distancing. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

With Allison soon to be gone, who's going to carry on their scintillating blog? 🙄

Probably Liz (Elizabeth) since she's the next girl. She's about 15/16. 

• Love 1

Ok just a couple of things..,

1. My brother and I used to call each other dingus when we were kids. Our mom yelled at us for saying the word “stupid” so we started using dingus instead.  So very time I see the name, I LOL.

2. It would not surprise me in the least if Timbits was courting the Dingus (HEH) young lady.  The half a cow was probably down payment on her dowry. 

3. Please please PLEASE let the wedding be live-streamed. Nurthan’s nuptials will be what saves the rest of  this miserable year from complete crapitude.  

4. Sorry if I missed it, but has a Nurthan registry surfaced?  It’s about a month out from the big day...grifting enough to equip the Rod house and the Nurthan abode will take time.  

5. if Timbits and the Dingus (HEH) young lady are courting, I propose Tingus as the couple name.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10