Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Why does Janessa get a room to herself?  Why doesn't it go to the oldest girl? The decorating is horrendous--I don't think two year-olds need candles in their room~

Nurie is marrying ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER in... *checks calendar* just over a month from now.

The rest of them don't deserve a room to themselves apparently. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The highlighting looks pretty good, and her hair, in general, looks much healthier than Jill or Nurie's. No doubt that's because she doesn't spend a couple of hours every day drying, brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission.

That and she probably, you know, eats food. Nutrition, that sort of thing.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 1

But but plexus is a miracle supplement! It cures everything including dry dead hair.

• Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The highlighting looks pretty good, and her hair, in general, looks much healthier than Jill or Nurie's. No doubt that's because she doesn't spend a couple of hours every day drying, brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission.

Jill treats each of her children the same way she treats her hair: brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission. 

I think Ms. Dingus's cut looks nice, and her hair looks reasonably healthy. However, the multi-tone, streaky highlights look outdated to me. All of the young, blond stylists in the salon (of miracles) where I have my hair done sport much more subtle highlights these days. 

Mrs. Dingus lol. Wasn't there a character in A Christmas Story with that name? I'd have rushed to the court house to change that pretty quickly.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Mrs. Dingus lol. Wasn't there a character in A Christmas Story with that name? I'd have rushed to the court house to change that pretty quickly.

It was also Jesse James's nickname. His brother called him that after he accidentally shot off the tip of his own finger. Every time I see a reference to a Dingus on here, I'm momentarily confused why we're chatting about Jesse James. But of course we never are. LOL

• Laugh 5

4 minutes ago, Zella said:

It was also Jesse James's nickname. His brother called him that after he accidentally shot off the tip of his own finger. Every time I see a reference to a Dingus on here, I'm momentarily confused why we're chatting about Jesse James. But of course we never are. LOL

Jesse James would be more interesting. And maybe a lot less crazy.

• Laugh 6

43 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think something similar. The neighbors’ dogs.

wait - the Bumpuses!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think something similar. The neighbors’ dogs.

wait - the Bumpuses!

Bumpus=Dingus pretty much I think.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Jesse James would be more interesting. And maybe a lot less crazy.

At least he was honest that he stole from others for a living.  🤑

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Jill's miscarriage shine is just a bit disturbing.  I am curious about one thing though.  How can she explain the first one in 1997 when her and Shrek weren't even married until 10/4?  Is one to deduce that Ms. Holier than God was not a, gasp!, virgin?  The whore-ers!

• Laugh 7

1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Jill's miscarriage shine is just a bit disturbing.  I am curious about one thing though.  How can she explain the first one in 1997 when her and Shrek weren't even married until 10/4?  Is one to deduce that Ms. Holier than God was not a, gasp!, virgin?  The whore-ers!

She got pregnant in October and miscarried in November or December or she got pregnant in November and miscarried in December. It's not unusual for pregnancy to last one month. A fundie woman I know got married and was pregnant on her honeymoon and miscarried one month in. (The same fundie woman had 4 kids in 6 years so it all worked out.)

Going back to Timbits's hair, the main thing I want to know is whether his blond hair is his natural color or not. It may seem not to be the case if his brows are dark, but his facial hair is blond. But, more importantly, how did he acquire blond hair when David is a brunette, and Jill's natural hair color is presumably brunette, based on their wedding pics. Isn't he the only blonde as well? It seems that most of the older ones are brunette. 

Timbits' hair is real 

Now on to more pressing matters...

🤮

• Laugh 5
  • Surprise 2

Planning a wedding three months in advance makes it easier for a Fundy to aim for their wedding night to be during their fertile time. All these Fundies must pee on a stick two weeks after their wedding night. So yes, Jill could know she was pregnant, say by October 20th and miscarry prior to the first of the year.

And even if it didn't happen, Jill would say it did to prove they're having sex. SEVERELY abundant sex.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Planning a wedding three months in advance makes it easier for a Fundy to aim for their wedding night to be during their fertile time. All these Fundies must pee on a stick two weeks after their wedding night. So yes, Jill could know she was pregnant, say by October 20th and miscarry prior to the first of the year.

And even if it didn't happen, Jill would say it did to prove they're having sex. SEVERELY abundant sex.

Or, Jill had a heavier than usual period after her wedding and decided that was a miscarriage.  Interestingly, she claims that every single one of her losses was 'severe' and that she suffered far more than the typical loss.  However, her first one had to have been very early on, definitely first trimester.  Unless she had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy (she didn't), there is nothing life threatening or 'severe' about an early loss.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, ouinason said:

SHE's taking HIM out?  Uh, no.

Well, she's the one with the Plexus income. 😁

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

14 hours ago, sixlets said:

She went to the Duggars school of math. 

• Laugh 8

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I’m still looking for the handsome man in that photo. Where is she hiding him? Behind Shrek?

Shrek ate him?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 18

Bit more about the Maxhell wedding . Obviously not from the Maxhells but from the bride's family . Steve must be pleased , more inlaws with independent social media he can't control .

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

24 minutes ago, lianau said:

Bit more about the Maxhell wedding . Obviously not from the Maxhells but from the bride's family . Steve must be pleased , more inlaws with independent social media he can't control .

I'm concerned about that crease Jesse always has between his eyes.  Also that forehead vein that is always throbbing.

About the half a cow the Dinguiiii gave Jill's brood, according to Jill it was a WHOLE half a cow!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, lianau said:

They all look so dowdy.  The dresses (both wedding and bridal party) look so old for girls in their late teens/early 20s.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The bride and groom look to be happy and well suited in the looks department anyway.  As for the bridesmaids, most of them have a unique look, shall we say?  I'm no supermodel, but a plastic surgery referral for a rhinoplasty would be a kindness for the maid of honor.  God love her but, when I first saw her photo all I could think of was Alice the Jeep from the old Popeye cartoons.

Good thing my church is reopening this weekend, I clearly need to repent.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Oh man I needed a laugh today and not being totally unkind, the brides gown isn't as bad as it was from the side, but it's severe (not Jill severely) and simple. I cannot tell if she has long hair in an updo or not, odd hairstyle. And that's some social distancing they've got going on there.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Could you say a little prayer for me? My first thought was "would you look at the schnoz on that girl!".

Same 🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Actually I like the color of the bridesmaids’ dresses and the cut is Fundie dowdy but not entirely awful. Pairing the red roses with that color, though...not so much.

• Like 5

I still hate the bridal gown. Ill-fitting and frumpy. She has nice thick hair. I'm still not sure what the hell they did with it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's....an interesting bridal party.

Well, grey is quite a suitable color when you're marrying into Steve Maxwell's kingdom. 

A decidedly gray future awaits her, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

They all look so dowdy.  The dresses (both wedding and bridal party) look so old for girls in their late teens/early 20s.

Well, actually, they are quite old....while also being ridiculously young. Most of those young women probably act like a weird combination of about age 8 and age 50.......

At the ages they are now, they've been forced to skip pretty much everything that average Americans think of as childhood, the teen years and young adulthood. 

You don't develop normally when that's happened......

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh man I needed a laugh today and not being totally unkind, the brides gown isn't as bad as it was from the side, but it's severe (not Jill severely) and simple. I cannot tell if she has long hair in an updo or not, odd hairstyle. And that's some social distancing they've got going on there.

I like the dress from the waist down  . What kills it for me are the long thick sleeves and the high neckline . And even that could have worked with thinner material  and a different cut , maybe lacey 7/8 sleeves . Everythink to make it look less like my grandmother's nightgown .

• Like 5

Looks like Hosanna Plath is finally knocked up. 

• Laugh 1

What the hell is Nurie wearing? It looks like a maid's uniform mixed with a nightgown.

Oh my mistake, that's NotNurie wearing that monstrosity. What's her name?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

But how else would we know how MODEST she is? 🙄

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Hosanna needs a wedding dress for Nurie's wedding? I know Jill means bridesmaid dress, but I had a vision of the entire bridal party in wedding dresses, thereby justifying Jill wearing a wedding dress.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 20

39 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

What the hell is Nurie wearing? It looks like a maid's uniform mixed with a nightgown.

Oh my mistake, that's NotNurie wearing that monstrosity. What's her name?

I believe that particular NotNurie is Renee.  And that dress looks like she stole it from Bo-Peep.  She just needs a crook and a couple of sheep to complete the look.

Nurie needs to lay off the dark lipstick, it makes her look even older and harsher than usual.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Hosanna Plath is finally knocked up. 

Knocked up and not social distancing. It's a trend! 

• Sad 13

8 hours ago, lianau said:

Thanks for posting this. The second picture of all those people on the ground is the bride and her 10 siblings. Anna Craig Maxwell's family has 11 children (2 of the 11 children areadopted from the US,). She is the first sibling to marry.

The Craig girls are tall! The oldest girl is the maid of honor (Rachel Craig). The two shorter bridesmaids are Anna and Mary Maxwell (Jesse's sister). Sarah Maxwell took the photos, but wasn't a bridesmaid.  I notice the dresses were slate blue with red and white bouquets. Red, white and blue for a Memorial Day wedding weekend? I think the bridesmaid dresses are relatively nice and I've seen worse. 

One social media post showed a timeline of the couple's courtship. They met at the Bontragers, who were hosting some kind of weekend. They met in 2017 when Anna Craig was probably 17 (maybe 16) and Jesse was 22/23. They got engaged in January 2020. Somebody on the internet said she may have turned 20 right before the wedding, but it's unclear if that's right. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, louannems said:

Dinguiiii 

I’m DONE. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Laugh 3