Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Planning a wedding three months in advance makes it easier for a Fundy to aim for their wedding night to be during their fertile time. All these Fundies must pee on a stick two weeks after their wedding night. So yes, Jill could know she was pregnant, say by October 20th and miscarry prior to the first of the year.

And even if it didn't happen, Jill would say it did to prove they're having sex. SEVERELY abundant sex.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Planning a wedding three months in advance makes it easier for a Fundy to aim for their wedding night to be during their fertile time. All these Fundies must pee on a stick two weeks after their wedding night. So yes, Jill could know she was pregnant, say by October 20th and miscarry prior to the first of the year.

And even if it didn't happen, Jill would say it did to prove they're having sex. SEVERELY abundant sex.

Or, Jill had a heavier than usual period after her wedding and decided that was a miscarriage.  Interestingly, she claims that every single one of her losses was 'severe' and that she suffered far more than the typical loss.  However, her first one had to have been very early on, definitely first trimester.  Unless she had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy (she didn't), there is nothing life threatening or 'severe' about an early loss.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, sixlets said:

Jill's miscarriage shine is just a bit disturbing.  I am curious about one thing though.  How can she explain the first one in 1997 when her and Shrek weren't even married until 10/4?  Is one to deduce that Ms. Holier than God was not a, gasp!, virgin?  The whore-ers!

She went to the Duggars school of math. 

• LOL 8

Bit more about the Maxhell wedding . Obviously not from the Maxhells but from the bride's family . Steve must be pleased , more inlaws with independent social media he can't control .

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, lianau said:

Bit more about the Maxhell wedding . Obviously not from the Maxhells but from the bride's family . Steve must be pleased , more inlaws with independent social media he can't control .

I'm concerned about that crease Jesse always has between his eyes.  Also that forehead vein that is always throbbing.

About the half a cow the Dinguiiii gave Jill's brood, according to Jill it was a WHOLE half a cow!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lianau said:

They all look so dowdy.  The dresses (both wedding and bridal party) look so old for girls in their late teens/early 20s.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's....an interesting bridal party.

The bride and groom look to be happy and well suited in the looks department anyway.  As for the bridesmaids, most of them have a unique look, shall we say?  I'm no supermodel, but a plastic surgery referral for a rhinoplasty would be a kindness for the maid of honor.  God love her but, when I first saw her photo all I could think of was Alice the Jeep from the old Popeye cartoons.

Good thing my church is reopening this weekend, I clearly need to repent.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 17
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The bride and groom look to be happy and well suited in the looks department anyway.  As for the bridesmaids, most of them have a unique look, shall we say?  I'm no supermodel, but a plastic surgery referral for a rhinoplasty would be a kindness for the maid of honor.  God love her but, when I first saw her photo all I could think of was Alice the Jeep from the old Popeye cartoons.

Good thing my church is reopening this weekend, I clearly need to repent.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh man I needed a laugh today and not being totally unkind, the brides gown isn't as bad as it was from the side, but it's severe (not Jill severely) and simple. I cannot tell if she has long hair in an updo or not, odd hairstyle. And that's some social distancing they've got going on there.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's....an interesting bridal party.

Well, grey is quite a suitable color when you're marrying into Steve Maxwell's kingdom. 

A decidedly gray future awaits her, I expect. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

They all look so dowdy.  The dresses (both wedding and bridal party) look so old for girls in their late teens/early 20s.

Well, actually, they are quite old....while also being ridiculously young. Most of those young women probably act like a weird combination of about age 8 and age 50.......

At the ages they are now, they've been forced to skip pretty much everything that average Americans think of as childhood, the teen years and young adulthood. 

You don't develop normally when that's happened......

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh man I needed a laugh today and not being totally unkind, the brides gown isn't as bad as it was from the side, but it's severe (not Jill severely) and simple. I cannot tell if she has long hair in an updo or not, odd hairstyle. And that's some social distancing they've got going on there.

I like the dress from the waist down  . What kills it for me are the long thick sleeves and the high neckline . And even that could have worked with thinner material  and a different cut , maybe lacey 7/8 sleeves . Everythink to make it look less like my grandmother's nightgown .

• Love 5
(edited)

What the hell is Nurie wearing? It looks like a maid's uniform mixed with a nightgown.

Oh my mistake, that's NotNurie wearing that monstrosity. What's her name?

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

Hosanna needs a wedding dress for Nurie's wedding? I know Jill means bridesmaid dress, but I had a vision of the entire bridal party in wedding dresses, thereby justifying Jill wearing a wedding dress.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

What the hell is Nurie wearing? It looks like a maid's uniform mixed with a nightgown.

Oh my mistake, that's NotNurie wearing that monstrosity. What's her name?

I believe that particular NotNurie is Renee.  And that dress looks like she stole it from Bo-Peep.  She just needs a crook and a couple of sheep to complete the look.

Nurie needs to lay off the dark lipstick, it makes her look even older and harsher than usual.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, lianau said:

Thanks for posting this. The second picture of all those people on the ground is the bride and her 10 siblings. Anna Craig Maxwell's family has 11 children (2 of the 11 children areadopted from the US,). She is the first sibling to marry.

The Craig girls are tall! The oldest girl is the maid of honor (Rachel Craig). The two shorter bridesmaids are Anna and Mary Maxwell (Jesse's sister). Sarah Maxwell took the photos, but wasn't a bridesmaid.  I notice the dresses were slate blue with red and white bouquets. Red, white and blue for a Memorial Day wedding weekend? I think the bridesmaid dresses are relatively nice and I've seen worse. 

One social media post showed a timeline of the couple's courtship. They met at the Bontragers, who were hosting some kind of weekend. They met in 2017 when Anna Craig was probably 17 (maybe 16) and Jesse was 22/23. They got engaged in January 2020. Somebody on the internet said she may have turned 20 right before the wedding, but it's unclear if that's right. 

• Love 2

On her Instagram, Rachel Craig posted photos with her sweet friends in Wisconsin, and mentioned that she went to a movie theater for the first time.  I've never heard of the Craigs before--anybody know where they live?

Carlin, hubby and daughter are off to the beach, in a prop plane. The daughter who struggles with symptoms due to a hole in her heart.

Like what parents say to themselves, let's run off to a beach in the middle of a pandemic with our sick daughter?

11 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I believe that particular NotNurie is Renee.  And that dress looks like she stole it from Bo-Peep.  She just needs a crook and a couple of sheep to complete the look.

Nurie needs to lay off the dark lipstick, it makes her look even older and harsher than usual.

I can't get over Renee's dress. ITS MADE OF NYLON and looks like a halloween costume. Maybe she confused a wedding with Halloween? No. Wedding Day is one of their favorite holidays. I'll just chalk it up to her mother's influence.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I can't get over Renee's dress. ITS MADE OF NYLON and looks like a halloween costume. Maybe she confused a wedding with Halloween? No. Wedding Day is one of their favorite holidays. I'll just chalk it up to her mother's influence.

Yep, we can only hope she stays away from Mama's candles while wearing it.  That thing would go up in a literal flash if exposed to fire.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Lawson also loves the attention he gets when people speculate about his marital status.  Once he finds a girl, all of that attention goes away.  No one cares about the groom, only the bride.  Lawson ain't having that.

If Lawson got married, how would he be able to post a butt ton of pics of himself, the "hot" fundy guy, holding random babies and toddlers all over the land? Once they were his kids, no one would care. 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:57 AM, GeeGolly said:

Is it common to have blonde hair, a blonde mustache and beard and almost black eyebrows?

My sister is a blond, not any where near Tim's level of blond, but a blond and has very dark eyebrows. People constantly insist she dyes her hair. The closest she's ever come is using Sun-In and peroxide back in the day to make it blonder, but she stopped doing both of those a good decade ago. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, lianau said:

16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually I like the color of the bridesmaids’ dresses and the cut is Fundie dowdy but not entirely awful. Pairing the red roses with that color, though...not so much.

I like the color too.  I think a matching color sash instead of white would have been better but like someone else said maybe they were going for the Memorial Day patriotic look. Same with the red flowers.  Too harsh in my opinion. Reminds me of a Christmas wedding.

(The one sister could have used a more supportive bra too.)

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Hosanna Plath is finally knocked up. 

The second picture of all the girls looks like an ad for a yard sale or thrift store.*  Boy there sure is a lot of different  combos  of material, style and color going on.

* Not knocking yard sales or thrift stores. I'm a firm believer of both. 

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin, hubby and daughter are off to the beach, in a prop plane. The daughter who struggles with symptoms due to a hole in her heart.

Like what parents say to themselves, let's run off to a beach in the middle of a pandemic with our sick daughter?

This is the same couple that couldn't figure out what to do when Layla's heart alarm went off the first time & she started to have trouble.  Carlin called her mom (Kelly) first & thank God, Kelly or another Bates called 911.  Carlin and Evan didn't have a clue what to do and acted like they were given no instructions for Layla's alarm from the hospital or cardiologist.  I'm sure it was a panicky situation but i can't believe neither Carlin nor Evan thought to call 911 first themselves.

• Love 1

I'm hoping they were taught CPR and given lots of instructions from the hospital because hospitals get sued for this if they don't.  But then again some people shouldn't be procreating as fast as they do and this couple is evidence.

• Love 11

That blue dress on Not-Nurie (Kaylee? Renee? ) needs to be put to pasture. The floral apron part looks like an elastic-waist skirt that got pulled down in the front, something that would happen to a small child. Unfortunately, it creates an EYE TRAP ™️ that runs across her crotch. Just why? Did Jill choose this? The lace bib and white t-shirt are strange, but the apron thing is inexplicable. This look doesn't bode well for Nurie's wedding wear choices. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

That blue dress on Not-Nurie (Kaylee? Renee? ) needs to be put to pasture. The floral apron part looks like an elastic-waist skirt that got pulled down in the front, something that would happen to a small child. Unfortunately, it creates an EYE TRAP ™️ that runs across her crotch. Just why? Did Jill choose this? The lace bib and white t-shirt are strange, but the apron thing is inexplicable. This look doesn't bode well for Nurie's wedding wear choices. 

Could it be a recycled maternity dress?

It’s desperately awful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3