Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Lawson still seems dazed in his latest video update. He seems to be taking his head injury pretty seriously?

As for his single status, he’s kind of Tim Tebow-ish; you have to wonder why/how his biological needs/urges are being suppressed for so long.

Some people don't have much of those, I'm told.  Or, he has secrets

• Love 3

Lawson can't support a wife and his parents aren't like the Duggars where they're going to find ways to support their sons. Lawson would expect any woman he marries to be completely in awe of the Godly hunk she marries. And he expects her to be quiverfull even with no income.

I was making a list of pregnant fundies here, but wasn't sure anyone would want it. If someone asks though, I'll post the list. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

The "big news" is probably just another song or video.

or he has managed to clone himself  because two Lawsons are better than one .

• LOL 7
On 5/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

It's Janessa's room(for now) and I spy at least five pictures of Jill 🙄

“In memory”? Is Jill planning to be dead very soon? Or is this just her weird way of mourning her fertility?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LilJen said:

“In memory”? Is Jill planning to be dead very soon? Or is this just her weird way of mourning her fertility?

She's mourning her 5 SEVERE miscarriages.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's nothing. The Maxwells post today is for Grandma Gigi. Gigi is not Teri, but Teri's mom. They held a birthday for her. 

It was outdoors with signs and people drove by like she's a little kid. Except Gigi is clearly sitting next to Steve and Teri and she doesn't live with them. She also doesn't live with Melanie who doesn't live with Steve and Teri. (Melanie is Nathan's wife.) 

Here's more from the post: 

"We were personally blessed to be part of the birthday celebration for Gigi and also by the outpouring of love for her:

>>From Nathan and Melanie thinking of and carrying out the party, right on the heels of a long-distance wedding trip 
>>From Gigi’s friends and family who  made the effort to leave the comfort of their homes to drive by (some neighbors walked by) and greet her
>>From Anna and Mary’s investment in making it extra special for Gigi and Christopher’s children. Christopher’s children could have just walked over and said, “Happy Birthday, Gigi,” but the costumes and decorated vehicles made it that much better for everyone.

Gigi is a loved part of our family, her church, and our community. "

Oh so this happened right after the wedding on Saturday, so they broke social distancing for that wedding and then Chris raced off to his very sick wife and the Maxwells had a party for the most at-risk family member. 

No masks either!!!!

Anybody know how Leavensworth/Kansas is doing?

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Jill has “decorated” the ugliest nursery known to human kind. I can’t believe all of the unnecessary crap she crams into a small room. 
To quote my late mother, “Her taste is all in her mouth.”

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Allison and Denver posted on social media they went to a wedding in Ohio. Anna Craig Maxwell is from Ohio and the wedding seems to have been there. So it's likely some of the Bontragers were there. And the Bontragers have gone back to church which seems to have gone back to having normal services in Iowa. The Bontragers/Bowers had Mighty Men camp with how many families including a Duggar and a Caldwell.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Social distancing failure as well as some hairdressing thrown in for funsies. These people are really courting danger. 

Mrs Dingus is looking just like Jill in the hairdo department 

36 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Mrs Dingus is looking just like Jill in the hairdo department 

I believe she is Miss Dingus and probably around the age of Jill's daughters. I like her hair. 

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, LilJen said:

Agreed. “Never Forget”  would be the more apt sentiment.

...or perhaps “Never Again”.

• LOL 1
On 5/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, GeeGolly said:

Janessa's hallway was built somewhere in here. Is the girls' dorm in this area as well? If the squares are 12", this room is about 11' x 16'. About the size of a typical living room. How many rooms, including bathrooms, did they make this space into?

image.thumb.png.a5beaf42c9a77c0e960df64b1cd9e188.png

The black walls in the corner became part of either the girls' or Jill's bathroom. Jill's I think, the one with the strange angles. I curious about the layout of this whole warehouse turned child barn. Is that a garage door and track on the left? 

There are just too many ways for kids to escape from this room. 

Jill's dusty decor makes me sneeze just looking at it. How much time and money does she spend buying all that tacky stuff? 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Social distancing failure as well as some hairdressing thrown in for funsies. These people are really courting danger. 

"Can't wait to come to your place for dinner!"? More like,  "Can't wait to take advantage of your good nature and generosity by descending en masse and guilting you into feeding our huge and hungry brood!"

• Love 17
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, it pains me to admit this, but I like the girl's hair.

Her hair looks nice on top but then starts to start looking a little fried towards the bottom.  But if Jill knows how to do hair and does it for others why does her hair and all her daughters look like crap.  

• Love 5
On 5/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, GeeGolly said:

Janessa's hallway was built somewhere in here. Is the girls' dorm in this area as well? If the squares are 12", this room is about 11' x 16'. About the size of a typical living room. How many rooms, including bathrooms, did they make this space into?

image.thumb.png.a5beaf42c9a77c0e960df64b1cd9e188.png

Looking at the Hall of Womb, I think the tiles must be 16" or 18" square otherwise the nursery would only be about 3' wide. So, good news for the inmates, I guess. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I believe she is Miss Dingus and probably around the age of Jill's daughters. I like her hair. 

the dingus family are the ones who gave the Rods half a cow.

not sure if this is related but a Joel Dingus -  got a marriage license last year to  marry a sidney,

Posted Mar 8, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Joel A. Dingus, 21,  Perrysville, agronomist, and Sidney Grace Wilcox, 19, . SW, Massillon, sales clerk.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the dingus family are the ones who gave the Rods half a cow.

not sure if this is related but a Joel Dingus -  got a marriage license last year to  marry a sidney,

Posted Mar 8, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Joel A. Dingus, 21,  Perrysville, agronomist, and Sidney Grace Wilcox, 19, . SW, Massillon, sales clerk.

That's probably their friend Mrs. Dingus. I was wrong. I was right about her being about the same age as the Rod girls. She's about 20/21.  Nurie is 21, Kaylee is 18 and Renee is 17. Renee will be 18 next month and Kaylee will 19 in July. 

• Love 2
Just now, Temperance said:

That's probably their friend Mrs. Dingus. I was wrong. I was right about her being about the same age as the Rod girls. She's about 20/21.  Nurie is 21, Kaylee is 18 and Renee is 17. Renee will be 18 next month and Kaylee will 19 in July. 

it was so funny I searched sidney dingus and the ohio marraige license was the first thing.

I thought for sure you were right, she was Miss Dingus and intended life partner for Timbits

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Her hair looks nice on top but then starts to start looking a little fried towards the bottom.  But if Jill knows how to do hair and does it for others why does her hair and all her daughters look like crap.  

The highlighting looks pretty good, and her hair, in general, looks much healthier than Jill or Nurie's. No doubt that's because she doesn't spend a couple of hours every day drying, brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Why does Janessa get a room to herself?  Why doesn't it go to the oldest girl? The decorating is horrendous--I don't think two year-olds need candles in their room~

Nurie is marrying ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER in... *checks calendar* just over a month from now.

The rest of them don't deserve a room to themselves apparently. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The highlighting looks pretty good, and her hair, in general, looks much healthier than Jill or Nurie's. No doubt that's because she doesn't spend a couple of hours every day drying, brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission.

That and she probably, you know, eats food. Nutrition, that sort of thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jill treats each of her children the same way she treats her hair: brushing, teasing, and spraying it into submission. 

I think Ms. Dingus's cut looks nice, and her hair looks reasonably healthy. However, the multi-tone, streaky highlights look outdated to me. All of the young, blond stylists in the salon (of miracles) where I have my hair done sport much more subtle highlights these days. 

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Mrs. Dingus lol. Wasn't there a character in A Christmas Story with that name? I'd have rushed to the court house to change that pretty quickly.

It was also Jesse James's nickname. His brother called him that after he accidentally shot off the tip of his own finger. Every time I see a reference to a Dingus on here, I'm momentarily confused why we're chatting about Jesse James. But of course we never are. LOL

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

It was also Jesse James's nickname. His brother called him that after he accidentally shot off the tip of his own finger. Every time I see a reference to a Dingus on here, I'm momentarily confused why we're chatting about Jesse James. But of course we never are. LOL

Jesse James would be more interesting. And maybe a lot less crazy.

• LOL 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Mrs. Dingus lol. Wasn't there a character in A Christmas Story with that name? I'd have rushed to the court house to change that pretty quickly.

I think something similar. The neighbors’ dogs.

wait - the Bumpuses!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Jesse James would be more interesting. And maybe a lot less crazy.

At least he was honest that he stole from others for a living.  🤑

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Jill's miscarriage shine is just a bit disturbing.  I am curious about one thing though.  How can she explain the first one in 1997 when her and Shrek weren't even married until 10/4?  Is one to deduce that Ms. Holier than God was not a, gasp!, virgin?  The whore-ers!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Jill's miscarriage shine is just a bit disturbing.  I am curious about one thing though.  How can she explain the first one in 1997 when her and Shrek weren't even married until 10/4?  Is one to deduce that Ms. Holier than God was not a, gasp!, virgin?  The whore-ers!

She got pregnant in October and miscarried in November or December or she got pregnant in November and miscarried in December. It's not unusual for pregnancy to last one month. A fundie woman I know got married and was pregnant on her honeymoon and miscarried one month in. (The same fundie woman had 4 kids in 6 years so it all worked out.)

Going back to Timbits's hair, the main thing I want to know is whether his blond hair is his natural color or not. It may seem not to be the case if his brows are dark, but his facial hair is blond. But, more importantly, how did he acquire blond hair when David is a brunette, and Jill's natural hair color is presumably brunette, based on their wedding pics. Isn't he the only blonde as well? It seems that most of the older ones are brunette.