Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Didn't they keep one of the babies in a cage in the RV back in the day? I think it was the baby before Janessa... I'm not making this up, right? Janessa should feel lucky she has her own corner and a crib that doesn't have a lid.

• Love 3
(edited)

Janessa is 2 years old.  Jill is probably desperate to be pregnant again. She's the age where she could have another baby or two or she's in menopause and infertile. In the meantime, she'll keep Janessa a baby for as long as possible. It's actually quite common in big families to keep the youngest younger. The Duggars did it, at least one family I know in real life did it, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm thinking Jill's hinting at a possible pregnancy with the nursery. She's younger than I am by a couple of years and I have friends who had their last pregnancy at just pushing 40. 

Jill is 41. It's possible, but let's hope not. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm thinking Jill's hinting at a possible pregnancy with the nursery. She's younger than I am by a couple of years and I have friends who had their last pregnancy at just pushing 40. 

I can see that.  She has a changing table, and I can't imagine using one with a 2 year old.  At Janessa's age and the level of experience Jill should have, it's easier changing a diaper with the kid standing up or on the floor.  

• Love 4

Dusting is my most hated household chore, so Jill's "decorating" is particularly triggering for me. I wonder what was the last time she dusted? Maybe Nurie's fifth birthday?

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Dare I ask what that big "In Memory"  frame is about?

Jill has had multiple severe miscarriages.  I suspect that that entire wall of pics is a tribute to Jill and her losses.  Certainly she is present in at least 3 of the 5 pictures and looks to be pregnant in at least a couple of them. Just what every kid needs for their 'nursery'.  I agree with everyone else, that room is far too small and Janessa is far too old to need a nursery.  She's also going to outgrow the crib any minute.  And that changing table is far too small and rickety looking for a kid her age.

BTW, I am pretty sure that all of Jill's losses occurred early in her pregnancies and that, although she has named each one, there is no way to know what sex any of them were.  Like Michelle and J'Caleb and Lauren and Asa; apparently she believes giving the possible child a name indicates how much more she has suffered than anyone else.

I know people who have lost pregnancies and even lost living children.  While they might have photos or footprints or cards or other special remembrances I don't know anyone who would display those things openly, let alone in a child's room.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
(edited)

It’s not Janessa’s room; it’s the baby’s room.  She’ll be moved into the girl’s dorm soon to make space for the many more babies that Jill expects to have.  

Edited by Fosca
(edited)
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

That’s a closet not a nursery. And again too much stuff and chatchies 

I think there is window on the right wall

2?

I don’t think so. There is no window in that room.

I really want to call the fire marshall. 

Edited by latetotheparty
Just pissed off.
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I don’t think so. There is no window in that room. 

Agreed. Which is against code in most places.

No way they’re carving this warehouse into itty bitty rooms with an actual building permit. 

• Love 8

That is a horrible nursery, and on a Jill and pregnancy, I had my last at 42, we were actively trying not to have a baby, so Jill who doesn’t try and prevent pregnancy could def be pregnant 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Kbo said:

Nothing says childproof decorating like a candle and container of greenery on top of a rickety crate 🙄

And an outlet, in use, above a changing table. 

1090BFF3-205E-4741-8AE5-2106CDF154D5.jpeg

Janessa's hallway was built somewhere in here. Is the girls' dorm in this area as well? If the squares are 12", this room is about 11' x 16'. About the size of a typical living room. How many rooms, including bathrooms, did they make this space into?

image.thumb.png.a5beaf42c9a77c0e960df64b1cd9e188.png

• Useful 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, ouinason said:

I am not a fundy, but I have to say I would be shocked and upset at a Bible (any of them) being tossed in the trash too.  Like, little old Southern lady, pearl clutching, shock.  

There's no way in heckity heck heck that that college teacher at a Moody institution threw a bible into the trash.

He probably just noted that he and the school make more use of a different translation than the KJV.  Why?  Most likely because the KJV is written in antique English that in many cases is too  obscure for most contemporary native speakers to readily understand, let alone the speakers of many different languages that their grads regularly work with as missionaries. 

Whereas Jill's made it clear on many occasions that, in her (idiotic) view, giving even a second's credence to any translation other than the KJV is absolute heresy and equivalent to being a pagan, an atheist, a Catholic and a communing member of the United Church of Christ walk into a bar all rolled into one.

She's made clear that she accepts the KJV and only the KJV as the literal, complete, total, and all-sufficient word of God. And she's enforced that view, like all her views, on her kids.

Tim probably heard his prof discuss some verses from a different translation and raised this question/objection with the guy. And he responded with the explanation -- which Tim knew would not fly with most-godly-mama, who's informed Tim that she is always right. 

Hopefully the fact that another person with some claim to understanding and authority uttered this hideous-to-Jill heresy is now percolating somewhere in the back of Tim's brain so it can emerge some day and make him question the crazy stuff he's been brainwashed into! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Janessa's hallway was built somewhere in here. Is the girls' dorm in this area as well? If the squares are 12", this room is about 11' x 16'. About the size of a typical living room. How many rooms, including bathrooms, did they make this space into?

there were 2 bedrooms shown in the listing one blue, that became the boys dorm and one green that they crammed the girls into. there was also a walk in closet.

but there have been quite a few of the "before" pics that showed the checkerboard floor. a bathroom and the nursery for sure.

also now I understand why they have the different color dining chairs. in one pic on the listing the chairs with the white backs are shown. previous owners must have left them/jill grifted them

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's bathroom is in this area. Her bedroom is probably there as well. The girls' bedroom is one of the existing bedrooms.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Kbo said:

Nothing says childproof decorating like a candle and container of greenery on top of a rickety crate 🙄

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And an outlet, in use, above a changing table. 

1090BFF3-205E-4741-8AE5-2106CDF154D5.jpeg

And all the crap hanging over the crib that could easily be pulled down or just fall on Janessa.

These photos are the type that could be used in child safety talks.  "How many violations can you find?"

Also, why does Janessa need a mirror & one that is hung at adult level at that?  I'm sure that heavy looking thing wasn't hung with safety in mind. That could cause a nasty injury if it when down. 

Why didn't Jill decorate with child or girlie things instead of leftovers from the living room?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Don't get me wrong...I think it's OK to remember those who have been lost, even miscarriages and stillbirths. But not in Janessa's nursery! That should be Janessa's space!

Also, I see framed photos on shelves down low.  No toys like an ordinary child's bedroom.  So many pictures of Jill, of course.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

No window? That’s depressing and isn’t it Illegal for a bedroom to have no windows?

Also, she seems too old for a nursery.

In our county every bedroom needs two ways out.  A door and a window.  The windows have to be a minimum size.  I've seen some cute nursery alcoves attached to bedrooms, but they wouldn't have a door.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill got that nursery up real quick. Before Nuri moves out, when it would make even less sense, because how else would she be able to make a Hall of Womb. 

You nailed it...that “nursery” is a shrine to Jill. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, beagletime said:

In our county every bedroom needs two ways out.  A door and a window.  The windows have to be a minimum size.  I've seen some cute nursery alcoves attached to bedrooms, but they wouldn't have a door.

In Jill's country, that is also the case.  Generally, to call a room a bedroom, it must be at least 70 square feet, with the shortest wall being no less than 7 feet long.  There must be an entrance into the room that is not through another bedroom.  There must be a door on the room and there have to be at least 2 means of egress in case of emergency which means that there either have to be 2 separate doors or a door and a window.  There are also regulations concerning the number of electrical outlets and the room has to have sufficient heating to raise the temperature to 68 degrees without a space heater.

It is doubtful that this 'nursery' comes close to meeting code which is why most of us suspect that all of the 'improvements' David has made to this dwelling were not legally permitted.

BTW, there are also regulations about the number of square feet per person in a bedroom that has more than one occupant and I'm not sure the rooms where Jill's other kids sleep are meeting code either.  The initial requirement for 70 square feet is for one occupant.  Each additional occupant gets another 50 square feet. There are 6 girls in the girls' bedroom which means it needs to be at least 420 square feet which is huge.  I somehow doubt their room is 21 x 21 feet square.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 5/25/2020 at 3:54 PM, Temperance said:

Sarah used to have her own room, but then was moved in with the younger girls. They said it was so she wouldn't be left out. I think Steve wants her to keep tabs on her little sisters and makes sure they're not straying from the fold. 

Why did I think that Sarah finally found a man. Is that another Sarah?

5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Whereas Jill's made it clear on many occasions that, in her (idiotic) view, giving even a second's credence to any translation other than the KJV is absolute heresy and equivalent to being a pagan, an atheist, a Catholic and a communing member of the United Church of Christ walk into a bar all rolled into one.

Jill would have a stroke if she walked into an average UCC. Plus there’d be at least a half dozen social workers in the congregation and her jig would be up. Makes me want to invite her. 🙂

• LOL 9

Lawson Bates has updated his social media so his fans would know about his accident.

He was off in East Tennessee, riding a dirt bike and crashed into a tree. taken to the ER. has stitches and a concussion.

from the location of his injury, I would say he was not wearing a helmet.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Lawson Bates has updated his social media so his fans would know about his accident.

He was off in East Tennessee, riding a dirt bike and crashed into a tree. taken to the ER. has stitches and a concussion.

from the location of his injury, I would say he was not wearing a helmet.

Helmet schmelmet. I sing for Jesus. 

• LOL 13

Lawson also loves the attention he gets when people speculate about his marital status.  Once he finds a girl, all of that attention goes away.  No one cares about the groom, only the bride.  Lawson ain't having that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also once he is married he would have to have some sort of job and would be unable to fly off to be with mediccorps with his fake badge and glock for photo ops

That hasn't stopped John David though.  Lawson would be the headship and could leave whenever he wanted and his wife would just have to deal.

• Love 6

JD doesn't go out with mediccorps as much as Lawson.

or at least he is not shown driving around to disaster areas in the states like lawson is.

a few of the other Duggar guys have been shown at the tornado sites recently using heavy equipment but I don"t remember seeing JD in pics with mediccorps since the baby was born. 

possibly I am wrong on that one

• Love 2
(edited)

And how exactly does Lawson actually support himself? His parents aren't made of money like JB and god knows his music isn't making bank (God probably thanks us for that fact).

Is he still cutting lawns? It can't make THAT much money can it?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Uhm, after watching Lawson's video posts (and at the risk of being called out on stereotyping), has there ever been any speculation on why Lawson is not married? 

I have been speculating for years. 😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Lawson also loves the attention he gets when people speculate about his marital status.  Once he finds a girl, all of that attention goes away.  No one cares about the groom, only the bride.  Lawson ain't having that.

he has a teaser at the end of his injury update video.

big news coming later this week. lots of comments about a courtship

• Love 1

Lawson still seems dazed in his latest video update. He seems to be taking his head injury pretty seriously?

As for his single status, he’s kind of Tim Tebow-ish; you have to wonder why/how his biological needs/urges are being suppressed for so long.

• LOL 9