Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

If Tim is taking remedial classes and sticking to it, good for him. Around 25% of college freshmen have to take remedial courses, and after a semester or two, many give up. Even those classes, which aren't worth college credit, are expanding Tim's future prospects. 

Unlike many of the families on this thread, whose children only get Bible certificates through online unaccredited courses at best (like Tim's sisters have done), Tim has gone to on campus classes at real colleges in two states far from home, one of which was a secular school. He might have only lasted one or two semesters at each place, but I'm going to remain optimistic for him. 

• Love 17

Well, we also know that Timbits' values were challenged in a religion class when, according to Tim, the professor threw the KJV in the trash (or slammed it on a table, memory is foggy). He thought the professor was slandering the KJV. Well, that was his story at any rate. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, we also know that Timbits' values were challenged in a religion class when, according to Tim, the professor threw the KJV in the trash (or slammed it on a table, memory is foggy). He thought the professor was slandering the KJV. Well, that was his story at any rate. 

Or Jill’s story. I think she may have invented the tale out of nothing to explain why Tim left Moody. My guess is that she was enraged and offended that Moody actually expected her to pay Tim’s tuition and wouldn’t give him a free ride. I expect the administrators at Moody are used to dealing with pious grifters, although probably not one as SEVERELY persistent as Jill.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m in Ohio and weddings were limited to 10 people very recently. Not sure if that’s changed. I know of one wedding that had a few more than 10 and someone called the police on them.

The Stay at Home order which covered gatherings has expired.  Now we have recommendations which are not orders.  In his news conference yesterday, the governor specifically recommended against gatherings of 10 or more.  Since it seems that most fundies didn't follow the rules back when they were orders, I doubt they give a fig about recommendations.  The governor's recommendations are part of a plan called 'Ohioans protecting other Ohioans'.  We know that thinking of others is not a priority for a lot of these people,

• Love 8
Just now, doodlebug said:

The Stay at Home order which covered gatherings has expired.  Now we have recommendations which are not orders.  In his news conference yesterday, the governor specifically recommended against gatherings of 10 or more.  Since it seems that most fundies didn't follow the rules back when they were orders, I doubt they give a fig about recommendations.  The governor's recommendations are part of a plan called 'Ohioans protecting other Ohioans'.  We know that thinking of others is not a priority for a lot of these people,

Well, we know Jesus didn't say anything about that! .... Oh, wait....

• Love 10
On 5/19/2020 at 4:56 AM, doodlebug said:

I presume she has an infection, probably due to immunosuppression from the chemo.  While it's not exactly a side effect, it is a consequence of her treatment.  The fact that she is hospitalized indicates she doesn't have a run of the mill strep throat.  I am not sure what Anna Marie was expecting, but, from her prior posts, it seemed like she thought she'd found a way to get chemo with none of the risks.  I seem to recall the claim that this extra special chemo would prevent suppression of the immune system.  I guess not.

Anne Marie said on the Maxwell's blog that she thought her symptoms (fever, chills swollen lymph nodes) were a side affect of the medication she is taking to stimulate her white blood cells.  At the hospital, all her blood counts were very low. She has neutropenic infection and was started on antibiotics and is feeling better.

• Useful 4

someone on the caldwell fb page called them out with the stay home order being old testament and equated it with theHebrew's being told to stay in, blood on the door posts so the plague would pass.  it was interesting

no response from pastor caldwell, of course

name removed because i don't know how to black out a poster's name

"Having known several who have had the virus and people who have had loved ones die, I have mixed emotions. Mind you, I said emotions NOT allegiance. I believe Jesus is in control, I also believe He told the Hebrews to stay inside and apply the Blood to their door posts and pray while plague passed over and people who did not obey paid a price for it. I also believe that God expects us to use good sense. If people would follow the guidelines this will resolve quicker. I dont pretend to know what God's plan is in all of this with any certainty, but I do know He has a plan. My husband is immunosuppressed and we habe to thus be extra careful of this stuff. I dont think that is a lack of faith. We listen to the officials and we respect and pray for our fellow man. I have faith that God can maintain our Constitutional rights and restore the economy just as much as He can do anything else. This cant go on forever of course, it is uncomfortable and all of the mental health issues mentioned are real, we see it every day. People need God more than they need money and comfort. Many are finding Him that never slowed down long enough to hear Him calling them to Himself. It isnt all bad, families are rediscovering one another. Couples are renewing their relationships. There is good and bad to consider. But to say oh well it wont kill ME is selfishness and insensitive. We all can make it through this together with God's help. I want it over too!"

• Useful 4
  • Love 16

Oh man at least Anne Marie went to the hospital and didn't continue to think that a fever was a side effect of a medication. Good grief. So she paused to make a blog post instead of taking care of this. Of course she did.

This child needs more education before she kills herself.

• Love 4

Well, I have no idea where Jesse's wedding will be. 

Sarah posted this on May 4, 2020.

"Our Kansas stay-at-home has expired, and we’ve entered Phase 1 (out of 4). The state has guidelines and then each county decides beyond that what they should have in place. It’ll be interesting to see what life settles out to be over the coming months."

So either Kansas or Ohio could be for the wedding. Of course it's possible the wedding is postponed.

I hope Chris stays home. He is supposed to see Anna Marie if she leaves the hospital. How dumb are these people?  Chris may go to a wedding and then fly to see his four month old baby, and very sick wife. Even if he doesn't go, Anna and Mary will go and come back and help Chris with the kids. He will see them before he leaves. Of course this is the same man who left his  wife with cancer and six children to photograph an out-of-state wedding for a little bit of money in March 2020. 

Even crazier Chris and Anna Marie have 6 children. The oldest is almost 8 years old and the youngest is born January 2020.  And Chris is flying out "on Monday, May 25th (which happens to be the ten-year anniversary of the morning my parents told me he wanted to come out to meet me and pursue a possible courtship)!"

Ten years ago they weren't even courting! But they did get married later that year:

"On June 12, 2010, Christopher announced that he was courting Anna Hamilton. On July 13, 2010, Christopher announced that he an Anna were engaged. He proposed to her after her family visited for a week. Christopher married Anna Marie Hamilton on October 23, 2010, in Washington." Source:fundiewiki

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Erin Bates has an Instagram story up showing that Tori and Bobby came over to play some music.  Erin and Tori on violin, Bobby on piano, and Carson playing the harmonica.  

Tori's new baby is lying on the floor, with a bunch of toddlers milling around the crowded room.  Both parents have their backs to him. I guess Chad was filming, but wow, talk about a disaster waiting to happen.  Also, social distancing is out the window I guess.

• Love 1

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I decided on this thread.

I'm not Y'all remember the Bontragers/Bowers. I've talked about them in the Sweet Fellowship thread. There are nine Bowers and ten Bontragers. Two of the Bontrager boys married the two adult Bowers sisters. Carson and Carolina are married with one child and one on the way. Joshua and Cassidy have 2 kids including a newborn.

The Bontragers and Bowers are great friends. The Bontragers have money and businesses although they continue to tour and make "music".  

The oldest Bowers boys Charlie and Carver (all Cs) and some of the Bontrager boys (Denver, Joshua, etc.) run a man camp for men and young boys called Mighty Men Camp. (Man Camp is the ministry run for older men by Dwain Swanson (Lauren Duggar's father) and Will Peters (Michelle Duggar's nephew).

You might remember early registeration was available for $167 and I found out it was raised to $197.  For what? Who knows?

Anyway they held it again. this year. In the middle of the pandemic. carverbowersmusic posted a picture from this year's Man Camp. Among attendees including lots of Bowers/Bontrager brothers, there was also a Duggar. I think it's Jackson sporting Justin Timberlake N*SYNC hair. Then also in the same picture a Caldwell. I don't know the boy in question, but he's clearly Kendra's brother. 

I would expect this kind of bs from Jill R, but this proves all fundies deserve each other. 

If anyone wants to post the picture it's carverbowersmusic, a bunch of boys together. Recognizably a Duggar and a Caldwell. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Look at the Man Campers jeans. What were those guys doing for the weekend, crawling on their knees?

Sounds kinda kinky. 😉 And I'm off to the prayer closet. Lol

• LOL 17
53 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Which one is the Caldwell boy?

The kid in the red is a Caldwell. The Duggar (Jackson?)  is in the camo. I'm not sure who most of the other guys are although the middle guy in the Alabama sweatshirt is a Bontrager. I'm not sure if those are the others are all just the Bowers boys or only some of them are. 

There are 6 Bowers brothers although some are quite young. Not sure why the guys are wearing Alabama Crimson Tide sweatshirts. I don't think any of them have attened a real university.  They'd probably be as successful as Tim Rod. The Bowers are big grifters, too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Now I find myself pondering the competitive regional nature of the fundie grift. Like, for the (mostly not well off) churches that will mostly sponsor the Rodruigii and Bowers and not, is there very not-Jesus-like competition or jealousy about who gets the grift or do they act like cable TV monopolies and stay regional? 🙂

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Okay, now this is fun! I can just picture JRod, upon hearing a rival grifter fundie family has just fellowshipped  tapped out her target church of the week...eyelashes flutter, voice drops, “Well I think it’s just so forgiving and sweet of you-all to have taken them into your hearts this way! So many people wouldn’t have, what with the scandals and all...bless their hearts.” “What scandals? You know, as a Christian woman SEVERELY serving Jesus, I just wouldn’t want to say! But I’m sure God has forgiven them...if they asked for forgiveness, of course...so I am searching my servant’s heart to do the same, in His name, amen.”

You don’t get between JRod and her marks.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 5/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Oldernowiser said:

I guess my question is, how does training as missionary pilot differ from being well, a pilot? Is there a test? A special license?

You have to be able to fly the plane while simultaneously tossing bibles out of it. 

Higher training involves the tossing out of coloring books and Dum Dum lollipops along with the bibles. 

• LOL 18
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

You have to be able to fly the plane while simultaneously tossing bibles out of it. 

Higher training involves the tossing out of coloring books and Dum Dum lollipops along with the bibles. 

Yes,that would require some coordination.I'm not sure they have it in them

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

The kid in the red is a Caldwell. The Duggar (Jackson?)  is in the camo.

Jackson does not look like he wants to be touched. I bet the only time anyone touches him at the TTH is to correct him physically.

6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

And banana bread and cheap nail polish. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Jackson's bodylanguage makes me sad. 

I think he just has his hands shoved in his pockets. I don't think he's cringing or shying away. Certainly looks awkward though.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

He looks cold. 

Exactly. He looks like he's in a different season than everybody else in the picture. They're out on a slightly chilly spring day and he's in the dead of winter, too lightly dressed. He even has dead-of-winter shoes on. 

Come to think of it, maybe he's just doing more sophisticated photo-bombing these days. Because his differences from everybody else in the picture definitely draw my eye to him. When I look at that picture, he's immediately the one I see. 😁

Could being a high-level photobomb artist eventually catapult Jackson to the top of the Duggarling social-media influencer pile?? His pictures might be interesting, unlike everybody else's! 

Stay tuned. He should be getting engaged in a couple of years. Then he'll get his own social media and we can find out. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Wouldn't surprise me if he is somewhat weirded out touching people he's not related to. I mean, I don't really like doing that either, but I will get over it for a group picture. But he comes from a family that won't let him hug his own sisters. Wouldn't surprise me if they have hangups about guys touching each other either for fear of homosexuality blooming between them. And even if they don't have hangups about that collectively, he might have internalized that from what he's been taught anyway. 

• Love 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he is somewhat weirded out touching people he's not related to. I mean, I don't really like doing that either, but I will get over it for a group picture. But he comes from a family that won't let him hug his own sisters. Wouldn't surprise me if they have hangups about guys touching each other either for fear of homosexuality blooming between them. And even if they don't have hangups about that collectively, he might have internalized that from what he's been taught anyway. 

Plus, his own older brothers seem to kind of despise him. He might be involuntarily cringing partly because he's used to them yanking his hair and (playfully, only not exactly 🤥) batting him around a lot. 😬

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Plus, his own older brothers seem to kind of despise him. He might be involuntarily cringing partly because he's used to them yanking his hair and (playfully, only not exactly 🤥) batting him around a lot. 😬

Ah poor kid. I must confess, I really don't know anything about the younger Duggarlings. They're all (especially the boys) just sort of interchangeable to me past Jed! and Sinner Twin. (And really the only reason I can remember them is because Jed! is running for office and Sinner Twin is not.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I have never gotten that vibe or heard this rumor about Jackson and his brothers.  I don't they're all that close necessarily although maybe Justin and he are close. Most of the Duggars aren't that close despite forced proximity. He is closer to his sister Hannie and they're only a year apart so that seems reasonable. 

• Love 4

I think it stems from Jackson being lumped in with the younger girls from an early age. He was even in "homeschool" with them when Ben taught that math lesson. Justin (and James, I think) were still young enough to be in school, but neither was anywhere to be found. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I have never gotten that vibe or heard this rumor about Jackson and his brothers.  I don't they're all that close necessarily although maybe Justin and he are close. Most of the Duggars aren't that close despite forced proximity. He is closer to his sister Hannie and they're only a year apart so that seems reasonable. 

You may well be right! 

I could swear I've read some stuff about this, though. One that I think I remember seeing -- or maybe a hallucination! -- is that when they were renovating JB's and M's bedroom, one or more of them shoved him around in a pretty aggressive and dismissive way, rebuffing him as an annoyance. .... And of course, as Sew Sumi mentioned, he tends to be lumped in with the younger kids, even though he's as old now as others were when they seemed to become part of the guys' group. Whereas he still seems to be lumped in with J'Tyler, who's much younger.

As you say, they aren't close. As I'd say, I think that house is Lord of the Flies, basically. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You may well be right! 

I could swear I've read some stuff about this, though. One that I think I remember seeing -- or maybe a hallucination! -- is that when they were renovating JB's and M's bedroom, one or more of them shoved him around in a pretty aggressive and dismissive way, rebuffing him as an annoyance. .... And of course, as Sew Sumi mentioned, he tends to be lumped in with the younger kids, even though he's as old now as others were when they seemed to become part of the guys' group. Whereas he still seems to be lumped in with J'Tyler, who's much younger.

As you say, they aren't close. As I'd say, I think that house is Lord of the Flies, basically. 😁

I usually think of the time the boys were cleaning up and/or fixing up the second carlot or something. Jackson was there but he wasn't working or doing anything but on his own playing and probably being annoying. None of the other boys included him. JB of course ignored him. It was just weird. Not even the brother that was a year older then him? I don't really remember any of his brothers playing with him. They did lump him in with the girls and he was close to Hannie. But I've also wondered if he liked and was close to Hannie or was close to her because none of his brothers really seemed like him. He didn't have his brothers so he went to his sisters. Of course its possible he and Hannie are close because they were mostly forgotten. JB and his brothers ignored him and Hannie was old news as soon as the next girl was born, and the next one and of course after Josie was born. Maybe he was close to Hannie and his younger sisters since they were basically all in the same boat? 

• Love 10

Well it's official...

the most exciting news of the week...

goes to the Maxwells! 

INTRODUCING MR. AND MRS. JESSE MAXWELL!

This was posted on May 23, 2020 by Sarah Maxwell.

We’re thrilled to share the news that Jesse and his bride, Anna, were joined together in holy matrimony today!

We’re share more later. Traveling back home shortly. Praising the Lord!

Love,
Sarah for all the rest

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing,
and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
Proverbs 18:22"

There's one photo on the blog of Jesse and his bride. They're both wearing glasses.  She looks older, but she's around 19/20 years old.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Well it's official...

the most exciting news of the week...

goes to the Maxwells! 

INTRODUCING MR. AND MRS. JESSE MAXWELL!

This was posted on May 23, 2020 by Sarah Maxwell.

We’re thrilled to share the news that Jesse and his bride, Anna, were joined together in holy matrimony today!

We’re share more later. Traveling back home shortly. Praising the Lord!

Love,
Sarah for all the rest

“Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing,
and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
Proverbs 18:22"

There's one photo on the blog of Jesse and his bride. They're both wearing glasses.  She looks older, but she's around 19/20 years old.  

There are a lot of Annas in that family. How will the Maxwells refer to this Anna?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Her middle name is Patrice.

Her dress is awful. 

In other Maxwell news, Anna Marie remains hospitalized. Christopher is flying out to WA on Monday.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

1802CBB6-D229-4851-A695-19B02D567E79.jpeg

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1802CBB6-D229-4851-A695-19B02D567E79.jpeg

Are those Puka shells she's wearing? 

Her dress looks like it came off the Mother (or Grandma) of the Bride rack. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Are those Puka shells she's wearing? 

Her dress looks like it came off the Mother (or Grandma) of the Bride rack. 

I totally missed those shells I was so distracted by the awful dress.

Nothing says elegant wedding like a formal bridal gown and puka shells.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3