Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 5/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, awaken said:

Why is nurie putting her hand on her belly like a pregnancy photo?

Jill probably told her she was getting a little belly and she needed to cover it up.

• Love 1
(edited)

Welllll I hate to say this but if you make your own hummingbird food and have to keep it, you have to chill it or it grows mold- all sugar you know. So buying a big jug of it, yea you have to refrigerate it.

So Jill is right, don't kill me. Everything else about her its wrong and bad. One decent decision in her life doesn't make her good. 

I only know this because my mom made her own and would make too much. But Jill is stupid to buy it since it's so cheap to make.

And her spouse is still stupid because evidently he can print but can't read.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 14

I don't feed birds, so I have no thoughts on whether to make one's own or to refrigerate, but the mental image of David barreling into the fridge and guzzling an entire glass of something without ascertaining what it is is an image my mind's eye didn't need. 

• LOL 11

Let’s hope David doesn’t drink anti freeze by accident. Doh in Homer Simpson voice. What a dummy to not look at what you are consuming.

Nyri probably drinks plexus all day and eats a few grapes/peanuts for dinner. Can’t be normal weight for Nathan!

I highly doubt a fetus can survive on a plexus rich diet and a few crackers. Doubt Nyri is going to get pregnant anytime soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Yeah don't worry Amy you'll get all your rewards too. In Heaven when your dead. Right now your stuck having to listen to your idiot sister complain about everything and anything and you can't get away from her. 

David's the hardest working man Jill knows. Wow, she must not get out much. Or mistakes "work" for doing absolutely nothing. Cause then yes Jill might be right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand how David has all this printing to do. They're usually on the road 6+ months a year. Why the sudden uptick in the 'need' for tracts?

I'm curious about the printing "ministry" as well. My guess is that there are few legit orders from paying customers. I suspect the "ministry" exists for two purposes: covering the surface of the earth with that one (!!!) dumb tract, and funneling the majority of donations into a salary for The Hardest Working Man in Tract Business. Has anyone ever tried to get hold of the financials for the "ministry"?

• Love 4

I'm guessing they still need to make it look like David is doing something,so the donations keep rolling in.No doubt the virus has affected their grifting and love offering funds

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What does JillR mean NOT PLAN? She has said in previous posts they pick a color for the day and all wear it.

And, I guess they're attending church services, without masks. Church services, funerals, choir practices have all been noted at super breeder hotspots for covid.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What does JillR mean NOT PLAN? She has said in previous posts they pick a color for the day and all wear it.

And, I guess they're attending church services, without masks. Church services, funerals, choir practices have all been noted at super breeder hotspots for covid.

I know several people who I would qualify fundie-lite(the ladies all wear demim skirts that hit the ground, which to me is a pretty good giveaway) that are going to church services without any masks, they also think the whole virus thing is overblown. I try to stay far away from them. 

Yes Jill, she's such a sweet daughter and a tremendous blessing for 'accidentally' matching clothes with you 🙄

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They look like zebras, and it was planned. 

The point of the photo, though, is to show that she's in church with other people, and nobody is wearing a mask. This kind of arrogance comes before a fall, and that's all on Jilly. 

• Love 16
(edited)
15 hours ago, emma675 said:

Wtf?? Can Jill not talk about Amy being quadriplegic in one damn post?! 

I wonder is Jill's overuse of SEVERELY paralyzed and quadriplegic is not some sort of shot discounting David's brother Daniel's injuries and use of a wheelchair. accident of some sort if i remember correctly

he is more UNSEVERELY paralyzed than Amy.

i don't believe Daniel is among the "right sort of christian" for righteous Jill. or even any sort of christian.

Jill's use of the terms for her sister might be some crazy sort of weird attention getting one-upsmanship. 

not sure why I would think that other than JillR is so off the wall in so many ways she might do that

eta - from the david rodrigues info on wiki fandom 

David was born to Julie Alger and an John J Rodrigues Jr. He also has a brother named Daniel, who is confined to a wheel due to a car accident in the early 1990s

and wiki does have it as confined to wheel - not wheel chair

Edited by crazy8s
added info
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6
15 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jill is complaining to her SEVERELY quadriplegic sister,and her sister is encouraging her.Jill,you should stop it,it should be the other way around.Encourage her!

Amy is SEVERELY quadriplegic due to the SEVERELY broken neck she suffered in the auto accident, unlike those other wimps and whiners who have had trivial, minor broken necks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought churches were still closed where they are? Not that I would expect Jill or any of her ilk to follow the rules. 

No one must be enforcing it.  In my county churches are closed, no groups over 10 permitted with 6 feet between each person are allowed anywhere.  One church was closed and fined for disregarding the order.  Then, last week, also in my county, I drove by an evangelical-type church that was PACKED, parking lot full, lots of people going in.  I was so surprised that this was allowed, but maybe they will be closed down.  Maybe the authorities were unaware, but it is on a well-traveled street in a busy area.  I just don't get it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

No one must be enforcing it.  In my county churches are closed, no groups over 10 permitted with 6 feet between each person are allowed anywhere.  One church was closed and fined for disregarding the order.  Then, last week, also in my county, I drove by an evangelical-type church that was PACKED, parking lot full, lots of people going in.  I was so surprised that this was allowed, but maybe they will be closed down.  Maybe the authorities were unaware, but it is on a well-traveled street in a busy area.  I just don't get it.

Yeah, where I am, a lot of the county sheriffs have said they pledge not to enforce the social distancing rules as they relate to churches.  So basically it is forbidden but no one is gonna do anything about it if the churches meet.  Could be the same where they are.

I'm just so glad that my mom (someone who was always in church, singing in the choir, directing the kids choir, on just about every volunteer committee, and all that) read an article about how singing groups, and other musical groups that play instruments that require breath to operate (like brass and woodwinds) are so dangerous that even keeping 6 ft apart isn't enough, and they should not look at resuming until after a vaccine is available.  On her own, she came to the conclusion "doesn't that include regular people singing hymns in church?"  and declared she isn't going back until both she and my father (both of whom are high risk categories) are vaccinated.  Mom may come off like one of those crazy church ladies sometimes, but she has more functional brain cells than the entire Rod clan put together.

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder what JillRod looks like without a ton of makeup caked on her face. Does she ever go without it? 

There is a video of her doing makeup. She is actually very pretty and looks great for birthing 100 kids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Why the hell does Jill care if the country reopens completely? It's not like she's done anything differently during quarantine, she's ignored all of the rules. 

And how can they afford a vacation?

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought churches were still closed where they are? Not that I would expect Jill or any of her ilk to follow the rules. 

Joy Baptist, the Rods' new church, has been holding services non-stop during the pandemic. Young Phillip even preached a sermon about sponges during Wednesday night service a couple of weeks ago.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

a sermon about sponges

I know I am going to regret asking for more information, but whaaaaat?!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I now I am going to regret asking for more information, but whaaaaat?!

Yes,surely not birth control sponges?

If it's sponging off others,Phillip need look no further than his own family

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

I've never seen Amy with near that much eye liner before.  I'm sure Jill plastered it on her for the photo.

And Jill hugging her young daughter who is wearing the long mauve dress.  Seriously Jill, that dress is way too old and way too big.  Did a little old lady donate it?  It's just rediculous.

• Love 3

The grifter Rodriguii should know about sponges. Perfect. 

Jilly is much too interested in her internet critics. Unless I'm reading on this thread, JillR occupies no space in my head. Obviously, we occupy a lot of space in hers, all the time. Jill is SEVERELY weak in spirit. She would do better at bringing people to God if she were truly humble and gracious, but she's too proud and self-centered to even pretend. Her inner conflict is transparent. 

Someone in the Rod family is going to catch this virus if they keep up their foolishness. Then it will spread. No, I don't wish it upon them, especially the children. It sounds horrible. Tempting God or science is not a good idea, however, and bringing illness into the family will fall on Jill and David. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Why the hell does Jill care if the country reopens completely? It's not like she's done anything differently during quarantine, she's ignored all of the rules. 

I’m guessing the half a cow that their SEVERELY SWEET friends donated is already gone, and Jill is hoping to start another singing ministry, aka feed my starving children grifting tour, asap. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Zella, the sponge sermon was a stupid analogy about being a sponge for Jesus and how heathens are sponges for sin. Typical judgemental fundie shit.

I wonder how long he worked on that masterpiece. LOLOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I wonder how long he worked on that masterpiece. LOLOL

Probably for hours and hours. Semi-starvation and educational starvation really stunt brain development poor guy.

And his mother and father are morons, so there's that.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Nurthan was probably gifted a honeymoon vacation. Jilly plans to come along in the stink bus.

I have horrific mental images of her like some sort of medieval courtier, gleefully watching the consummation take place. 

• LOL 3
22 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know the J-Rod family history, but was her sister in an accident with resulted in her quadriplegia?

Yes. Car accident. 

17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't understand how David has all this printing to do. They're usually on the road 6+ months a year. Why the sudden uptick in the 'need' for tracts?

The toilet paper shortage?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1