Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Trace's program was the current two semester one. I think there was a change in curriculum between the time that Joe went there vs. Trace. 

• Like 1

A cupcake barely touching one's lips is not a cupcake eaten. We never see a video of the kids biting, chewing, and swallowing food. Doing that repeatedly is eating. Those cupcakes probably ended up in David's expanding gut. 

The kids aren't getting so much food they're stuffed at every meal, and Timmy isn't in college in Wisconsin. If these things were true, you would be proud to show us. Come on, Jill. Make an effort here. 

• Like 8

Where is little Timmy.I think he ran amok.If so,good for him!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

interesting. 

" Students who complete all twelve courses may participate in the Crown College commencement exercises in Powell, TN and will be awarded a Biblical Studies certificate.

"The courses taught over four semesters are as follows:"

But I'm still confused.....This one's a four-semester course? .... And if you complete it you can go to the Crown College commencement?      Did the Skeleton Sisters actually do this for four semesters? I can see how they might have fitted in three semesters since they started, but I'm surprised to hear it was four.....That's a whole year, if you add in a week's hiatus at the end of each semester.....How time flies...

They must have finished it, though, right? 

If they did, then I'm happy for them. They must feel some sense of accomplishment from that, I would think. And they deserve some good feelings and a sense of worth.....Spending your life as nothing but Jill's underfed appendages has to be awful....

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Somehow Sierra believes this gathering is following state mandates.

• Like 4
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 10

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Trace's program was the current two semester one. I think there was a change in curriculum between the time that Joe went there vs. Trace. 

Yeah, I think Crown's big push to be more academically oriented so they could maintain accreditation from the one group of Christian schools  and boost their credibility happened between the time Joe attended and the time Trace did. Crown was trying to bulk up all its offerings, including the peripheral ones like this ... .Which, to whatever extend they did it, has to be a good thing.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They all seem to think that if you know someone, you can "social distance" with them at a distance of about 6 mm and risk no consequences....

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

How they did it, this is from February, 2019. The link wouldn’t work, so these are screenshots:

03551166-1467-4DC5-80F2-367448078AAC.jpeg

98F96CEF-8297-4349-B66A-CF6CC13DB492.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How they did it, this is from February, 2019. The link wouldn’t work, so these are screenshots:

03551166-1467-4DC5-80F2-367448078AAC.jpeg

98F96CEF-8297-4349-B66A-CF6CC13DB492.jpeg

Thanks! And they definitely had time for the four semesters. I was thinking that they'd started last spring, but they were already doing it in Feb. 2019.....

Boy, time really has flown for me over the past year and a half....Guess it's because I'm elderly. 😁

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, Temperance said:

I don't know who that is. Would you please fill me in on the information?

Lydia of Purple was the website of an ultra-fundie family that sewed modest dresses. In one section, the mother basically wrote personal ads for her daughters that looked like Tinder for Jesus. They belonged to a branch of the Sacred Name Movement which was all about using the Hebrew names of God and Jesus and dressed in an Amish-meets-Hee-Haw style. There was some controversy a few years back as the father was involved in a nasty puppy mill operation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently, Mother's Day is exempt from social distancing and stay at home guidelines.  Even President Trump recommended no gatherings of more than 10 people, but that was way back in March, so it probably doesn't apply anymore either.  

Interesting that the 'impromptu' photo session took place at a time when every single adult and most of the kids just randomly happened to be wearing a blue top. And the 3 little girls not wearing blue seemed to have all chosen pink.  Then the outlier, the little boy on the right, coincidentally chose a red shirt with white stars, making their patriotic message all the more impressive. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Apparently, Mother's Day is exempt from social distancing and stay at home guidelines.  Even President Trump recommended no gatherings of more than 10 people, but that was way back in March, so it probably doesn't apply anymore either.  

Interesting that the 'impromptu' photo session took place at a time when every single adult and most of the kids just randomly happened to be wearing a blue top. And the 3 little girls not wearing blue seemed to have all chosen pink.  Then the outlier, the little boy on the right, coincidentally chose a red shirt with white stars, making their patriotic message all the more impressive. 

Pretty sure we are still not supposed to congregate in groups larger than 10 in arkansas.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Pretty sure we are still not supposed to congregate in groups larger than 10 in arkansas.

Yea but remember Duggars and their ilk "do things just a LITTLE bit differently". That would include using the brains god gave them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Lots of females wearing pants in that pic, so is Sierra's family considered fundie light?  

• Like 1

I think that's an old pic. Sierra says that she misses her family. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Interesting that the 'impromptu' photo session took place at a time when every single adult and most of the kids just randomly happened to be wearing a blue top. 

Don't forget the carefully chosen and placed impromptu green velvet settee out in a field.  

• Laugh 10

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I believe she said missed. And wasn't her last kid born at the end of 2019?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

From her caption: "For the first time in my entire adult life, this Mother’s Day wasn’t just a celebration. It was healing. Following state mandates, social distancing, etc. are important. And we did just that." 

Those photos don't look like they are six feet apart with masks for folks who don't live together, unless all of those folks live in the same house. Which if they did, they probably wouldn't be missing each other. Perhaps they are old photos (in which case, I think she should note that)

Sorry, this just makes me crazy. I miss my family like crazy too, but we can't be together, even on Mother's Day. The disease doesn't care.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe she said missed. And wasn't her last kid born at the end of 2019?

Fundie wiki says he was born at the very end of September last year.  

Also, she mentions picking peonies out of her mother's yard, which only bloom around now IIRC.

In other words, I took it to mean photos from last Sunday, too.

Edited by not you again · Reason: fumble fingers
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it’s recent, because of the way the baby looks and the boy’s haircuts.  I think it was this past Mother’s Day weekend, less than a week ago.  Sierra is constantly talking about how stressful mothering is.  Just wait until she has 7 kids who have Covid-19.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Too bad. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Good luck with the sick family, Sierra. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Lots of females wearing pants in that pic, so is Sierra's family considered fundie light?  

I don't know whether her family is fundie at all, or ever has been, actually.

I don't remember hearing much, if anything, about her parents' and siblings' beliefs, so I could be completely wrong about this.

But from the stories she tells of her life, I think she may be one who came from a mainstream Baptist family background or the like and moved into fundie-ness on her own as a young adult.

She's said a lot about having wild times at college and then reforming.....But while I've heard her attribute her wild times in part to an unhappy childhood, I've never heard anything about her going wild as a rebellion against parental conservatism or re-embracing the fundieness of her childhood as an adult after abandoning it as a 20-year-old or anything similar at all.  

So my guess has been that she most likely chose her own religious path based on feeling out of control as a young adult or because her husband was or wanted to be fundie, or something like that....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5

Idk when Sierra met the Duggars,but when she started popping babies one after another,I felt she wanted to be another Michelle 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know whether her family is fundie at all, or ever has been, actually.

I don't remember hearing much, if anything, about her parents' and siblings' beliefs, so I could be completely wrong about this.

But from the stories she tells of her life, I think she may be one who came from a mainstream Baptist family background or the like and moved into fundie-ness on her own as a young adult.

She's said a lot about having wild times at college and then reforming.....But while I've heard her attribute her wild times in part to an unhappy childhood, I've never heard anything about her going wild as a rebellion against parental conservatism or re-embracing the fundieness of her childhood as an adult after abandoning it as a 20-year-old or anything similar at all.  

So my guess has been that she most likely chose her own religious path based on feeling out of control as a young adult or because her husband was or wanted to be fundie, or something like that....

Kinda like Jana's friend/companion/permanent accountability partner Laura.  I think I read somewhere that she had a normal upbringing and chose this lifestyle, which I can't wrap my head around.  But at least in her case it was 100% her choice and not the case of not knowing any better because of a sheltered life.

• Like 4

Well, that confirms Shrek's eating habits. He just chows on down without listening. No wonder his kids are starving. Oh, the joys of a big, full ministry family! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 7

35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, that confirms Shrek's eating habits. He just chows on down without listening. No wonder his kids are starving. Oh, the joys of a big, full ministry family! 

LOL.Yes,just goes to show,he'll eat or drink anything

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But you don't understand! Shrek has to eat and drink more than the rest of us because he works so hard! My husband never gets thirsty because he's just a lazy-ass public school teacher.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 15

Just now, GeeGolly said:

So they buy food for the birds.

Sadly ironic, isn't it? 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

9 minutes ago, Portia said:

But you don't understand! Shrek has to eat and drink more than the rest of us because he works so hard! My husband never gets thirsty because he's just a lazy-ass public school teacher.

But is he a SEVERELY lazy-ass public schoolteacher?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

So they can't afford to feed their kids properly, but they can buy hummingbird food?

And why was it in the fridge?

• Like 5

Jill? Buy five pounds of sugar. Boil one cup sugar with four cups water for ten minutes. Voila...hummingbird food at a fraction of the cost.

God she’s dense.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So they can't afford to feed their kids properly, but they can buy hummingbird food?

And why was it in the fridge?

The kids are hopefully smart enough to be taking hits off the hummingbird feeder.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 9

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The kids are hopefully smart enough to be taking hits off the hummingbird feeder.

Yes,that should stave off low blood sugar for awhile

• Laugh 5

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it's part of the outdoor decor. I noticed a hummingbird feeder in the gravel-pit area. 

I doubt Jill cares much about the actual birds as living beings.  But when it comes to a choice between decor and the kids, she comes down on the side of the decor every time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have a hummingbird feeder and, until I read Jill's post, I didn't even know there was commercially available food.  I thought everyone just mixed sugar with water for them.  Of all the dumb things to buy...  She must also buy fruity drinks in bottles or Shrek wouldn't have drunk the hummingbird food; so Jill isn't so thrifty, at least when it comes to feeding the birds and her chubby hubby.  Meanwhile, the kids are volunteering to eat less chicken at meals so the new baby can have some.

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Apologies in advance.....

4D88AF9C-8BFC-4432-B2BA-2118DA1D4CBE.jpeg

Holy @#$#*!! Well, I'm awake now. 

• Laugh 22

Is she doing these pictures in a trying to be funny way or does she thinks they look good?

Whatever she’s going for, the crazed maniac look is not good way to sell a product.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 12

That poor fried hair...it’s going to just start breaking off at some point, if it hasn’t  already.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is she doing these pictures in a trying to be funny way or does she thinks they look good?

Whatever she’s going for, the crazed maniac look is not good way to sell a product.

I think she thinks she looks perky, excited, and energized and, thus, looks fabulous? I don't think she realizes that meth addicts also can look perky, excited, and energized but it doesn't mean they automatically look good. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 19

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades. Didn't he forget her birthday or something a while back? You would think after that fatal mistake he would double down with the love...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades. Didn't he forget her birthday or something a while back? You would think after that fatal mistake he would double down with the love...

I'm very curious about this too because yes you're right he forgot her birthday. Maybe they also had it out on his last visit, which I believe was for "spring break." 

• Like 2

That photo of Jill was supposed to entice someone to waste money on Plexus? She looks as unhinged as she sounds. 

Where's Waldo Timbits? Clearly, he's not in school. Maybe he's escaped to a better life that doesn't involved being crammed into a rolling hellhole, roaming the countryside to beg for hot meals and money for Mama to load up on tacky decorations, garish makeup, and midnight snacks for Lazy Papa. A job and a simple room in Wisconsin sound SEVERELY better than anything Best Mama has to offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades.

He may have sent her a fawning, gushing Mother's Day love letter and she decided not to post it. She may be freezing him out to send him the message that he's currently dead to her and he has to really crawl to get back in her good graces.

Or, more likely, she writes all these messages from her children herself.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, emma675 said:

Holy @#$#*!! Well, I'm awake now. 

And I may never sleep again - her clown face will haunt my dreams.

• Laugh 10