Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Apparently, Mother's Day is exempt from social distancing and stay at home guidelines.  Even President Trump recommended no gatherings of more than 10 people, but that was way back in March, so it probably doesn't apply anymore either.  

Interesting that the 'impromptu' photo session took place at a time when every single adult and most of the kids just randomly happened to be wearing a blue top. And the 3 little girls not wearing blue seemed to have all chosen pink.  Then the outlier, the little boy on the right, coincidentally chose a red shirt with white stars, making their patriotic message all the more impressive. 

Pretty sure we are still not supposed to congregate in groups larger than 10 in arkansas.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Pretty sure we are still not supposed to congregate in groups larger than 10 in arkansas.

Yea but remember Duggars and their ilk "do things just a LITTLE bit differently". That would include using the brains god gave them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think that's an old pic. Sierra says that she misses her family. 

I believe she said missed. And wasn't her last kid born at the end of 2019?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

From her caption: "For the first time in my entire adult life, this Mother’s Day wasn’t just a celebration. It was healing. Following state mandates, social distancing, etc. are important. And we did just that." 

Those photos don't look like they are six feet apart with masks for folks who don't live together, unless all of those folks live in the same house. Which if they did, they probably wouldn't be missing each other. Perhaps they are old photos (in which case, I think she should note that)

Sorry, this just makes me crazy. I miss my family like crazy too, but we can't be together, even on Mother's Day. The disease doesn't care.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it’s recent, because of the way the baby looks and the boy’s haircuts.  I think it was this past Mother’s Day weekend, less than a week ago.  Sierra is constantly talking about how stressful mothering is.  Just wait until she has 7 kids who have Covid-19.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Lots of females wearing pants in that pic, so is Sierra's family considered fundie light?  

I don't know whether her family is fundie at all, or ever has been, actually.

I don't remember hearing much, if anything, about her parents' and siblings' beliefs, so I could be completely wrong about this.

But from the stories she tells of her life, I think she may be one who came from a mainstream Baptist family background or the like and moved into fundie-ness on her own as a young adult.

She's said a lot about having wild times at college and then reforming.....But while I've heard her attribute her wild times in part to an unhappy childhood, I've never heard anything about her going wild as a rebellion against parental conservatism or re-embracing the fundieness of her childhood as an adult after abandoning it as a 20-year-old or anything similar at all.  

So my guess has been that she most likely chose her own religious path based on feeling out of control as a young adult or because her husband was or wanted to be fundie, or something like that....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't know whether her family is fundie at all, or ever has been, actually.

I don't remember hearing much, if anything, about her parents' and siblings' beliefs, so I could be completely wrong about this.

But from the stories she tells of her life, I think she may be one who came from a mainstream Baptist family background or the like and moved into fundie-ness on her own as a young adult.

She's said a lot about having wild times at college and then reforming.....But while I've heard her attribute her wild times in part to an unhappy childhood, I've never heard anything about her going wild as a rebellion against parental conservatism or re-embracing the fundieness of her childhood as an adult after abandoning it as a 20-year-old or anything similar at all.  

So my guess has been that she most likely chose her own religious path based on feeling out of control as a young adult or because her husband was or wanted to be fundie, or something like that....

Kinda like Jana's friend/companion/permanent accountability partner Laura.  I think I read somewhere that she had a normal upbringing and chose this lifestyle, which I can't wrap my head around.  But at least in her case it was 100% her choice and not the case of not knowing any better because of a sheltered life.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, that confirms Shrek's eating habits. He just chows on down without listening. No wonder his kids are starving. Oh, the joys of a big, full ministry family! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, that confirms Shrek's eating habits. He just chows on down without listening. No wonder his kids are starving. Oh, the joys of a big, full ministry family! 

LOL.Yes,just goes to show,he'll eat or drink anything

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

But you don't understand! Shrek has to eat and drink more than the rest of us because he works so hard! My husband never gets thirsty because he's just a lazy-ass public school teacher.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Portia said:

But you don't understand! Shrek has to eat and drink more than the rest of us because he works so hard! My husband never gets thirsty because he's just a lazy-ass public school teacher.

But is he a SEVERELY lazy-ass public schoolteacher?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So they can't afford to feed their kids properly, but they can buy hummingbird food?

And why was it in the fridge?

The kids are hopefully smart enough to be taking hits off the hummingbird feeder.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The kids are hopefully smart enough to be taking hits off the hummingbird feeder.

Yes,that should stave off low blood sugar for awhile

• LOL 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So they buy food for the birds.

I think it's part of the outdoor decor. I noticed a hummingbird feeder in the gravel-pit area. 

I doubt Jill cares much about the actual birds as living beings.  But when it comes to a choice between decor and the kids, she comes down on the side of the decor every time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So they buy food for the birds.

I have a hummingbird feeder and, until I read Jill's post, I didn't even know there was commercially available food.  I thought everyone just mixed sugar with water for them.  Of all the dumb things to buy...  She must also buy fruity drinks in bottles or Shrek wouldn't have drunk the hummingbird food; so Jill isn't so thrifty, at least when it comes to feeding the birds and her chubby hubby.  Meanwhile, the kids are volunteering to eat less chicken at meals so the new baby can have some.

• Love 4
(edited)

Is she doing these pictures in a trying to be funny way or does she thinks they look good?

Whatever she’s going for, the crazed maniac look is not good way to sell a product.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Is she doing these pictures in a trying to be funny way or does she thinks they look good?

Whatever she’s going for, the crazed maniac look is not good way to sell a product.

I think she thinks she looks perky, excited, and energized and, thus, looks fabulous? I don't think she realizes that meth addicts also can look perky, excited, and energized but it doesn't mean they automatically look good. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades. Didn't he forget her birthday or something a while back? You would think after that fatal mistake he would double down with the love...

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades. Didn't he forget her birthday or something a while back? You would think after that fatal mistake he would double down with the love...

I'm very curious about this too because yes you're right he forgot her birthday. Maybe they also had it out on his last visit, which I believe was for "spring break." 

• Love 2

That photo of Jill was supposed to entice someone to waste money on Plexus? She looks as unhinged as she sounds. 

Where's Waldo Timbits? Clearly, he's not in school. Maybe he's escaped to a better life that doesn't involved being crammed into a rolling hellhole, roaming the countryside to beg for hot meals and money for Mama to load up on tacky decorations, garish makeup, and midnight snacks for Lazy Papa. A job and a simple room in Wisconsin sound SEVERELY better than anything Best Mama has to offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Tim Bits must really be on Mama's shit list. He is usually right up there front and center with the Mama adoration and accolades.

He may have sent her a fawning, gushing Mother's Day love letter and she decided not to post it. She may be freezing him out to send him the message that he's currently dead to her and he has to really crawl to get back in her good graces.

Or, more likely, she writes all these messages from her children herself.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

He may have sent her a fawning, gushing Mother's Day love letter and she decided not to post it. She may be freezing him out to send him the message that he's currently dead to her and he has to really crawl to get back in her good graces.

Or, more likely, she writes all these messages from her children herself.

I choose Option “B.”

• Love 6
(edited)

I can totally see her writing all these messages herself, and if so, that is clear message to Tim that he is no longer among the chosen. It's like Bond villain levels of crazy. "To punish you, Timba, I will not write a Mother's Day message from you to me and post it on social media, you ungrateful little shit.' 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
Just now, PradaKitty said:

Oh Jill... We don’t hate Jesus. We hate YOU. 

She couldn't resist throwing herself a martyr bone wrapped around her tribute. Never change, Jill. 

• Love 11

Jill is complaining to her SEVERELY quadriplegic sister,and her sister is encouraging her.Jill,you should stop it,it should be the other way around.Encourage her!

• Love 8
(edited)

I love how in Jill's world, people castigating her for starving her children = attacks of hateful people. Feed your children, you c***!

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Wtf?? Can Jill not talk about Amy being quadriplegic in one damn post?! 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 8

Does anyone find it odd that this Amy girl is *always* sitting down?  Jill, if you're going to blast her on social media, we are at least owed an explanation as to why she's just sitting around all day.  /s

Jill, again, we know you read our posts.  If you had one ounce of common sense in you (and less Plexus), you would do whatever it took to make sure your kids are healthy.  It's not looking too good right now.  Oh, and who the fuck puts hummingbird juice in the fridge?  That's where fruits (froots) and veggies(veg*ees) go.  Have each child pick their favorite color and match a fruit/veg to that color.  Have them do it for a few weeks, and then switch colors.  And since Lowe's is still open, run by the pain department and get a trowel to get your 1.52 pounds of makeup off your face and that of your daughters.  I can't with these people.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11