Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Kaylee doesn't look much better. But the pressure is really on Nurie to fit into the dress she bought when she was 14. I really hope she got a NEW dress, but she's probably swimming in even a size 0 now.

Why do they always smile with their lower teeth visible like that? I've noticed it a lot with Kaylee but I also noticed it with Nurie this time. And OMG they are thin, especially Nurie. Is it possible that she's gotten thinner since courting Nathan?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Why do they always smile with their lower teeth visible like that? I've noticed it a lot with Kaylee but I also noticed it with Nurie this time. And OMG they are thin, especially Nurie. Is it possible that she's gotten thinner since courting Nathan?

That might be a requirement? 

• Love 2
On 5/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, Chicklet said:

Litterbox! That's exactly what it looks like and I couldn't think of that when I saw it, just looked kinda familiar.

She's just bad at life, . I just noted their hair color which is unusual to have that many children with the exact same color.

Me my 2 brothers and my sister all have white blonde hair. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, awaken said:

Why is nurie putting her hand on her belly like a pregnancy photo?

Maybe so we don't see how thin her hands are?  I think more it was a bad posing choice

• Love 2
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I noticed that too, & their bottom lip droops on the same side.....they need to eat a hamburger. With fries.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

And OMG they are thin, especially Nurie. Is it possible that she's gotten thinner since courting Nathan?

It has appeared to me that Nurie began dieting about the time the engagement was announced.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jill encouraged her "to be thin" for the wedding photos.  Although she was already thin enough. 

• Love 2

Those rictus smiles are so forced.  It's like, as babies, they never actually learned that a smile is something that happens naturally when you're happy - instead, for them "SMILE!!" is a command from Mama that she yells whenever she points the square flashy thing at them.  Their mouths don't know what to do, so they rearrange their faces into what they think will make Mama happy.  It's so sad.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Has anyone made any comments on that post about how frail the girls look or does Jill lock the comments so no one can say anything?

My understanding is Jill usually disables comments because the handful of times she's opened them up, she's been absolutely roasted. 

• Love 9

Did the Rods not make the graduation trip because they were taking covid seriously (snort) or because the heavy home and garden decorating depleted the budget? Obviously, food has not been a priority. 

• Love 2

The Wallers posted newborn photos of Peter... sadly (well, not for Peter's sake, just for snarkability), there are no dump trucks or chopping blocks involved. I am a little amused that they couldn't do a better job erasing/ washing the chalkboard before they wrote on it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The Wallers posted newborn photos of Peter... sadly (well, not for Peter's sake, just for snarkability), there are no dump trucks or chopping blocks involved. I am a little amused that they couldn't do a better job erasing/ washing the chalkboard before they wrote on it.

A laundry baby?

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

As I noted above, Nurie and Jill bought a wedding dress when Nurie was 14. Is she really dieting to fit into it? That's why I put out the hope that she got a new dress. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Why do they always smile with their lower teeth visible like that?

I don’t think they are smiling. I think they are grimacing. Look at their eyes. The “smile” does not reach their eyes. Their eyes scream, “Help Me!”

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I don’t think they are smiling. I think they are grimacing. Look at their eyes. The “smile” does not reach their eyes. Their eyes scream, “Help Me!”

David looks the same way when he tries to smile. They need to learn to blink in Morse code. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A laundry baby?

my niece and her husband had this exact posed pic taken of their newborn a few months ago. same basket, same chalkboard. not the quiver arrow blanket though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Nurie always looks like her bottom lip is caught between her teeth. It's always the same spot, so I assume that's just what her mouth does. But either way, she doesn't ever look genuinely happy.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily

How is this through Clown College? It's the Bible class they started last fall in WV. 

I'm glad they got presents, probably a couple of Jill's cast-off stuffies. ☹️

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

How is this through Clown College? It's the Bible class they started last fall in WV. 

The curriculum is from Crown. I've taught plenty of extension classes for real colleges and universities that met in different locations, so Ctown could easily do likewise.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

The curriculum is from Crown. I've taught plenty of extension classes for real colleges and universities that met in different locations, so Ctown could easily do likewise.

So who issued the diplomas? Ripley or Crown? The video made it look like it was Ripley. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did we hear exactly what course they were taking in West Virginia, and did they go out of the house to take it? 

Because if not, maybe it could have been? 

"Crown offers online certificate and degree programs that parallel our on-campus experience with a flexibility that fits your schedule whether at home or anywhere in the world. Our faculty and proven, biblically centered curriculum will equip you with the high-quality training that will enable you to effectively serve Jesus Christ wherever He may lead you.

"Foundation for Christian Life Certificate (FCL) – in two semesters, students can acquire a functional knowledge of the Word of God which will equip them for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service no matter where God may lead them."

https://thecrowncollege.edu/online/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I remember them going to the church for "class" when they still lived in WV. I guess Ripley (through Crown)  also offered online class. I forgot the girls had started this, TBH. The degree that Churchie posted is the one that Trace Bates(and maybe Joe Duggar) got.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I remember them going to the church for "class" when they still lived in WV. I guess Ripley (through Crown)  also offered online class. I forgot the girls had started this, TBH. The degree that Churchie posted is the one that Trace Bates(and maybe Joe Duggar) got.

Yep. Except that the guys took the course live. (and when Joe took it, it seemed to be just one semester....don't know about Trace.)....

Now they offer it online....or maybe both online and live....?

Seems possible that a church could offer itself as a venue and study group for a bunch of people who want to take the course? .... Hard to see how Nurie and Kaylee could have finished the course they started in West Virginia now unless the course was two semesters and offered online......

A cupcake barely touching one's lips is not a cupcake eaten. We never see a video of the kids biting, chewing, and swallowing food. Doing that repeatedly is eating. Those cupcakes probably ended up in David's expanding gut. 

The kids aren't getting so much food they're stuffed at every meal, and Timmy isn't in college in Wisconsin. If these things were true, you would be proud to show us. Come on, Jill. Make an effort here. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

interesting. 

" Students who complete all twelve courses may participate in the Crown College commencement exercises in Powell, TN and will be awarded a Biblical Studies certificate.

"The courses taught over four semesters are as follows:"

But I'm still confused.....This one's a four-semester course? .... And if you complete it you can go to the Crown College commencement?      Did the Skeleton Sisters actually do this for four semesters? I can see how they might have fitted in three semesters since they started, but I'm surprised to hear it was four.....That's a whole year, if you add in a week's hiatus at the end of each semester.....How time flies...

They must have finished it, though, right? 

If they did, then I'm happy for them. They must feel some sense of accomplishment from that, I would think. And they deserve some good feelings and a sense of worth.....Spending your life as nothing but Jill's underfed appendages has to be awful....

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Trace's program was the current two semester one. I think there was a change in curriculum between the time that Joe went there vs. Trace. 

Yeah, I think Crown's big push to be more academically oriented so they could maintain accreditation from the one group of Christian schools  and boost their credibility happened between the time Joe attended and the time Trace did. Crown was trying to bulk up all its offerings, including the peripheral ones like this ... .Which, to whatever extend they did it, has to be a good thing.....

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Somehow Sierra believes this gathering is following state mandates.

They all seem to think that if you know someone, you can "social distance" with them at a distance of about 6 mm and risk no consequences....

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How they did it, this is from February, 2019. The link wouldn’t work, so these are screenshots:

03551166-1467-4DC5-80F2-367448078AAC.jpeg

98F96CEF-8297-4349-B66A-CF6CC13DB492.jpeg

Thanks! And they definitely had time for the four semesters. I was thinking that they'd started last spring, but they were already doing it in Feb. 2019.....

Boy, time really has flown for me over the past year and a half....Guess it's because I'm elderly. 😁

• Love 2
On 2/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, Temperance said:

I don't know who that is. Would you please fill me in on the information?

Lydia of Purple was the website of an ultra-fundie family that sewed modest dresses. In one section, the mother basically wrote personal ads for her daughters that looked like Tinder for Jesus. They belonged to a branch of the Sacred Name Movement which was all about using the Hebrew names of God and Jesus and dressed in an Amish-meets-Hee-Haw style. There was some controversy a few years back as the father was involved in a nasty puppy mill operation.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Somehow Sierra believes this gathering is following state mandates.

Apparently, Mother's Day is exempt from social distancing and stay at home guidelines.  Even President Trump recommended no gatherings of more than 10 people, but that was way back in March, so it probably doesn't apply anymore either.  

Interesting that the 'impromptu' photo session took place at a time when every single adult and most of the kids just randomly happened to be wearing a blue top. And the 3 little girls not wearing blue seemed to have all chosen pink.  Then the outlier, the little boy on the right, coincidentally chose a red shirt with white stars, making their patriotic message all the more impressive. 

• Love 5