Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

David: Priscilla, quick get dressed. BTW, we're wearing blue.

Priscilla pulls out the only blue clothing she can reach without passing out after pushing a 9lb baby out her hoohaa - a winter sweater.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Definite “Flowers in the Attic” thing going on over there...

That's what I think of every time I see a picture of them. I'm surprised they picked David as middle name since you know their daughter already has his name. What Davia wasn't enough? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

David: Priscilla, quick get dressed. BTW, we're wearing blue.

Priscilla pulls out the only blue clothing she can reach without passing out after pushing a 9lb baby out her hoohaa - a winter sweater.

Are we sure she even waited an hour?  That newborn still has wet hair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Peter seems a bit Catholic to me---- Pope Peter? 

1 minute ago, louannems said:

Maybe they bathed him? 

1 minute ago, louannems said:

I noticed that too.  I hope she wasn't expected to get up and make dinner after the photo was taken.  She needs to rest!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I noticed that too.  I hope she wasn't expected to get up and make dinner after the photo was taken.  She needs to rest!

She is usually up and about in no time flat. Peter was born at 9 am. Plenty of time for her to even make lunch. 🙄

• LOL 1

She married David out of obligation to her ...leader Gothard to procreate as much as possible even though she didn't want to marry. I have never wished someone to never become pregnant again but this poor woman needs a rest. It's bad enough she's not right but add to that 80 small children and constant breast feeding. I'm exhausted thinking about it.

She'll be J'shelle soon enough and she started later.

• Love 2

If y'all are looking for some crazy fundies to snark on, the Bontragers are bringing the crazy!

The Bontragers did a recap for the last few months on the main Bontrager family singers blog. They traveled around the USA and Mexico, but stopped in early March. For years, they tried to get chicken pox, but finally got some in Mexico.  The six kids who live at home all had chicken pox. 

They stopped travelling due to pox and pandemic "new hype called coronavirus". 

That was the most infuriating thing. The craziest things are:

Like the Wallers and Rods, Bontragers date their siblings. 

Becky and Marlin (the parents who have grandchildren) went on a date night in their daughters' room.  The picture is unbelievable. 

• LOL 1

Could someone find it in the kindness of their hearts to link the date night in the children's room pic for me? 

I desperately want to see it because that sounds too unhinged to pass up, but internet is being spotty, and I'm getting frustrated trying to do anything. 

• Love 1

Flowers and a card. That is how one improvises during a pandemic with a house full of folks. Flowers and a card. And maybe a quite late night rendezvous in their OWN room.

• Love 11
(edited)

Why do they keep ignoring the child who asked how the baby got out of her tummy? Are they not allowed to tell him in their cult? They couldn’t have made up something either ?

Edited by FizzyPuff
(edited)
2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Why do they keep ignoring the child who asked how the baby got out of her tummy? Are they not allowed to tell him in their cult? They couldn’t have made up something either ?

I expect that in their case it's partly the cult (don't even mention anything related to sex around males because God created all of them so that, it you do, they'll go CRAZY!!!!)...

....plus the fact that poor Pris does in some ways seem to be about 7 years old mentally and isn't really able to improvise or provide a science-for-kids explanation...

...while David likely grew up at least terrorized by being a bit effeminate (NOT to the tastes of the cult AT ALL!! Stamp it out stamp it out ALERT!!!) or possibly even plagued by some same-sex attraction (the poor, poor kid if he actually felt that)...... and after bending 100-plus percent of his young energies to submerging that deep in his psyche now has terrifying hangups about sex and the human body that mean he couldn't talk about it to a child and/or on camera if his life depended on it. 

Just a guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here ya go. Scroll down quite a bit to see the "date night" pics.

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/05/spring-at-farm.html?m=1

The date night was skeevy but the pictures of two of them butchering the meat WITHOUT GLOVES was much worse in my opinion.  

I can't even with the trying to catch chicken pox thing.  I remember that I was deathly ill when I had them in first grade and these idiots are making light of the situation. 

4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Why do they keep ignoring the child who asked how the baby got out of her tummy ? Are they not allowed to tell him in their cult? They couldn’t have made up something either ?

Oh my.  Maybe Pris' first sentence shouldn't have been about the baby coming out of her stomach if they didn't want to answer questions about it. And she didn't say it just one time she kept saying it over and over. But I think David had had enough because it looked like he  gave the inquisitive little fella (Phillip?) one of those looks & whispered something (like behave yourself or else) towards the end of the video & the little guy stopped right away.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

I think maybe David was uncomfortable explaining labor on camera. And making something up would be worse than not answering the question. They probably should have said they'd answer the question later. Or when he's older. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Her decorating taste and her landscaping ability leave something to be desired.

Yep. That big ole pile of gravel is STILL ugly, Jill. Just saying.

1 minute ago, galaxychaser said:

Very waspy blond family! 

Is there something wrong with their coloring? Like, they chose their DNA and didn't use good taste? I can snark all day on their hateful beliefs and toxic theology, but not on the physical characteristics they are born with. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think maybe David was uncomfortable explaining labor on camera. And making something up would be worse than not answering the question. They probably should have said they'd answer the question later. Or when he's older. 

Pris called the L&D “challenging”, which is code word for “It hurt like hell, I thought I was dying and I ripped from stem to stern”.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Yep. That big ole pile of gravel is STILL ugly, Jill. Just saying.

Is there something wrong with their coloring? Like, they chose their DNA and didn't use good taste? I can snark all day on their hateful beliefs and toxic theology, but not on the physical characteristics they are born with. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with their coloring; it’s just that there aren’t that many families out there where everyone has such light, natural blond, hair.  Also, in addition to the hair, if you look at Pris and David side by side, they look like they could be brother and sister. It’s not just the hair, their features are similar.  It’s kinda creepy, IMO.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

The money she spent on that ugly ass gravel garden would’ve fed those kids a meal or 2, at least.

She also lives in Ohio, not the Mojave desert.  Stuff grows here, you don’t need to use gravel for ground cover.  She and the kids could easily have collected enough rocks from the area to build a very natural and pretty rock garden with plantings.  Instead, Jill ‘decorates’ her yard to look like the parking lot at a drive-in movie

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)

That pile of gravel that was so “ugly” may have been intended for their septic system by the previous owner. Or it may have been removed from  around it, since it’s too small. 💩 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

It's ugly and Jill's cheap. And it probably was left over from the septic system. Nobody uses that type of gravel for weed control. But you do you, Jilly you crazy woman.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with their coloring; it’s just that there aren’t that many families out there where everyone has such light, natural blond, hair.  Also, in addition to the hair, if you look at Pris and David side by side, they look like they could be brother and sister. It’s not just the hair, their features are similar.  It’s kinda creepy, IMO.

This 100%

• Love 4
On 5/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, Chicklet said:

That's quite a bed there.

I thought it was a medieval throne.

Kids are cute but they need to stop having them. Maybe the goal is to beat out Lolli and Pops and get their own show. Prissy needs to start pushing out twins or triplets.

• Love 5
(edited)

The poor little Waller boy whose screeching inquiries were ignored...wasn't he the miserable-looking newborn baby whom they photographed stuffed in a toy truck or perched on top of a tree stump or something like that? I seem to recall the poor red-faced infant dressed in khakis and a tight button-up shirt. 

Jill's rock garden reminds me of my weird neighbors who keep adding "decorative features" to their yard but who can't manage to pick up the random pieces of trash that always seem to be scattered across their lawn.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Portia said:

The poor little Waller boy whose screeching inquiries were ignored...wasn't he the miserable-looking newborn baby whom they photographed stuffed in a toy truck or perched on top of a tree stump or something like that? I seem to recall the poor red-faced infant dressed in khakis and a tight button-up shirt. 

Jill's rock garden reminds me of my weird neighbors who keep adding "decorative features" to their yard but who can't manage to pick up the random pieces of trash that always seem to be scattered across their lawn.

Yes, it was poor Phillip who was shoved, squalling his little head off, into the back of a dumptruck.

2 hours ago, drafan said:

I thought it was a medieval throne.

Kids are cute but they need to stop having them. Maybe the goal is to beat out Lolli and Pops and get their own show. Prissy needs to start pushing out twins or triplets.

She's almost 34 and they only have 5.  Now way she could have as many as JB and Michelle. They're just your average quiverfull fundies. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Her decorating taste and her landscaping ability leave something to be desired.

So true.  It's right in line with her parenting, make-up and hair choices.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, wilsie said:

So true.  It's right in line with her parenting, make-up and hair choices.

Is there really anything useful that JRod does well?  She seems to excel at things that most people shun.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, Chicklet said:

That's quite a bed there. 

And a lot of blonde children. That's all I can say.

15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Very waspy blond family! 

Those ^^ are complete quotes of the two posts I mentioned above. My question remains: what's wrong with being blonde?

It would obviously NOT BE OK to write: "And a lot of dark-skinned children." Followed by "Very ethnic dark-skinned family."

So why is it supposed to be just fine to use "blonde" as apparently a shorthand term for "creepy" as @doodlebug elaborated?

My position remains that I can snark all day long on their creepiness or bad behavior or repugnant beliefs. But not on their physical attributes such as natural coloring. 

Words matter.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Is there really anything useful that JRod does well?  She seems to excel at things that most people shun.

crickets...

• LOL 5