Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Since I like to either play dumb or annoy the scammers on the phone until they hang up or swear at me, I think I would have a blast if Jill tried to save me.  I would either be the most evil person in the world miraculously brought to my knees in gratitude, or try to convert her to some bizarre made up religion and continue to follow her and bring her to my twisted light.  I could have a lot of fun with this!

I vote for the fake religion thing.LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She’s trolling, right?

Right?

Nope, she’s just crazy af.  I would love to have sit down with all of these people who Jill supposedly helped to “get saved”.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She’s trolling, right?

Right?

Yes.

And I hate it when ppl take the bible literally."Lake of fire" means the person will be refined and reshaped,honed into a different person,much like a blacksmith does when he puts an iron into the fire to refine and reshape it.But I guess that concept is too over Jill and the rest of their ilk's heads.So they take the literal version of eternal conscious torment,which makes absolutely no sense,imo

Just now, sondraK said:

Yes.

And I hate it when ppl take the bible literally. "Lake of fire" means the person will be refined and reshaped,honed into a different person,much like a blacksmith does when he puts an iron into the fire to refine and reshape it.But I guess that concept is too over Jill and the rest of their ilk's heads.So they take the literal version of eternal conscious torment,which makes absolutely no sense,imo

Just now, sondraK said:

Yes.

And I hate it when ppl take the bible literally."Lake of fire" means the person will be refined and reshaped,honed into a different person,much like a blacksmith does when he puts an iron into the fire to refine and reshape it.But I guess that concept is too over Jill and the rest of their ilk's heads.So they take the literal version of eternal conscious torment,which makes absolutely no sense,imo

Sry for the triple reply.Every time I try to fix it,it replies again

4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Nope, she’s just crazy af.  I would love to have sit down with all of these people who Jill supposedly helped to “get saved”.

That,too.lol

• Love 7

The Maxwells seem to have the same definition of social distancing as the Rods. They're not hosting their sons/daughters-in-law/grandchildren, but as long as they're outside Mary and Anna can be up close with the grandchildren. 

Steve's latest columns for his Seriously series are about the virus. The Maxwells are happy that kids and families are home together, but Steve is disappointed they're playing video games, watching television, etc.  Steve says coronavirus is the perfect opportunity to get rid of your television.  The next article is about how God is good, even when times are bad. 

7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Well, currently DeWine has said weddings in Ohio can happen, he's just saying the reception shouldn't have more than 10 people. I'm doubting he took into account a fundie wedding of idiots though. Honestly, if we are still under shelter in place and they do actually decide to have one at the time, I'll post the info for the state and county here for us all to call and turn them in. 

Good! We may need you to bust up the Maxwell wedding that maybe in Ohio. It's scheduled for May 23rd. Nurie and Nathan's date is July. 

• Love 5

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. 

If there is no more death,there is no more hell,either.

Death is in the lake of fire.Hell is in the lake of fire.Neither exist anymore.

I bet fundies hate critical thinking skills

• Love 8
7 hours ago, awaken said:

How did she get the random opportunity to witness to teens to the point of two getting saved, while walking at a safe distance?!  I’m just imagining her gesturing wildly to flag them down!

Apparently running away as fast as possible while yelling "All right! All right! I'll accept your damn correct Jesus if you'll just shut up and leave me the heck alone!" is the sign that a person has been saved. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

What is her definition of saved? If the person just says "Sure" when she asks if they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior" does that count without them having to do any work (such as going to church, studying, going through a conversion ceremony, or doing good works) at all? What if the kids were already Christian and just said "sure" when she asked the question. Does she count that as saving them, even though they may go to the "wrong" church?

I find it hard to believe that that many people find her instantly compelling and charismatic. I think she counts anyone who replies to her as being saved by her.

• Love 17

I don't believe for one minute that Jill "loves" her "haters."  She smugly thinks that she is saved and her so called haters will burn in a lake of fire. There's nothing loving or Christian about that.

• Love 23
18 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

True confession: when I see those little pamphlets, I throw them away. They’re always stuck in the elevators at the hospital. I am Christian, but the little pamphlets bother me so much! I don’t think they are left with the intent of being helpful or comforting. They are left so someone can tick a box and feel good about themselves without actually helping anyone.

In case you think I am a monster, sometimes I bring them home and compost them 😉

I would think destroying one of God's creations to print something that is immediately thrown away wasn't what she had in mind when she created the trees.  

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Should they REALLY be trying to convert minors?  Would they want some rando walking up to their kids trying to convert them to the Flying Spaghetti Monster religion?  Stranger Danger ffs.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Apparently running away as fast as possible while yelling "All right! All right! I'll accept your damn correct Jesus if you'll just shut up and leave me the heck alone!" is the sign that a person has been saved. 

I am picturing the scene in American Graffiti where Terry/Toad (Charles Martin Smith) is being hounded by a used car saleseman "Leave me alone for Gods sake!"

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

What is her definition of saved? If the person just says "Sure" when she asks if they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior" does that count without them having to do any work (such as going to church, studying, going through a conversion ceremony, or doing good works) at all? What if the kids were already Christian and just said "sure" when she asked the question. Does she count that as saving them, even though they may go to the "wrong" church?

I find it hard to believe that that many people find her instantly compelling and charismatic. I think she counts anyone who replies to her as being saved by her.

I think her definition of saved is anybody who waits until they are out of Jill’s sight to throw away her probably-Coronavirus-ridden pamphlets.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I'd rather cheer for the two who got away than pray for the two who got "saved." Why do those two need our prayers? Why would "haters" like us pray to Jill's god anyway? This is really about Jill's ego. It's always about Jill's ego. 

For some reason, this takes me back to the Oral Roberts healing sessions on TV way, way back when. As a little kid, I was fascinated when a person would crawl up to the alter groaning in pain and unable to stand, Roberts would lay on hands and loudly pray for the person to be healed, and the person would miraculously jump up and strut back to his seat. The donations poured in. Jill should think about upping her game a bit. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

And then Oral Roberts went bankrupt. Ta Da!

Guess a supreme being wasn't all that impressed with his behavior.

I'm guessing that Jill and her gang of grifters run perilously close to bankrupt themselves so hey they are just like the greats eh?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And then Oral Roberts went bankrupt. Ta Da!

Guess a supreme being wasn't all that impressed with his behavior.

I'm guessing that Jill and her gang of grifters run perilously close to bankrupt themselves so hey they are just like the greats eh?

Well, he did pull that stunt of locking himself in his tower to fast for donations.

Jill and Shrek don't fast, of course; they have kids to do that for them.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Oh, man. That jacket on the kid on the left in the second picture looks like it was used in a movie called, "They Call Me 'Honcho'" that was made in the 70s.

16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Either get the meter and rhyming scheme accurate or stop trying for either.

They are exhausting.

That "poem" was painful. Rhyme scheme? What's that? 

Phillip is old enough to know better. With a halfway decent English teacher, he'd know this. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I wonder if these people have ever read the part of the Bible about not bragging about your good works. Every time she posts an “I saved somebody” message, I seethe. 

YES!  Me too!!

• Love 3

The sheer stupidity of this family just increases exponentially by the day.  Let's have a fire in the backyard while there are (more likely than not) wind warnings in the area.  Does Jill plan on going full grift to get the money to pay the township or county back the costs for fighting a brushfire? Don't forget to haul out your emaciated children to get more cash.  My mom lives about 3 hours from the Rods, and her area had wind warnings today and yesterday.   Most municipalities have specific days set aside for burn days.  Someone needs to find out what the rules are in her area and report if necessary.  

I was incredible sick with debilitating headaches in my early teens, and our family doctor wanted me to come in one evening after hours to make sure we weren't dealing with meningitis.  As my parents brought me home, we realized out street was blocked off at one end.  Our idiot neighbor decided to have a "little bonfire", it was windy, and the embers were carried up the hillside to an onramp of a state highway.  It takes one ember to get a catastrophic fire raging.  She is just flat out stupid.

• Love 10
On 4/8/2020 at 6:38 PM, sixlets said:

This is not what "social distancing" means Jill.  Are you seriously THAT stupid?  Nevermind, I answered my own question.

I’m happy the kids are wearing proper footwear. If it were Duggar’s they would be hiking in flip flops.

• Love 4

Jill and Shrek's ministry makes me think of a couple who used to come in the library. They didn't have pamphlets but they had these yellow quarter-sheet thinks headlined You Will Burn in Hell" with an illustration of fure and screaming people who looked like they had been sent there in the 1950s and then steps for avoiding hell which they used to glue inside the covers of library books. At least the Rods don't do that? (Maybe libraries are too sinful for them to enter?).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, sixlets said:

The sheer stupidity of this family just increases exponentially by the day.  Let's have a fire in the backyard while there are (more likely than not) wind warnings in the area.  Does Jill plan on going full grift to get the money to pay the township or county back the costs for fighting a brushfire? Don't forget to haul out your emaciated children to get more cash.  My mom lives about 3 hours from the Rods, and her area had wind warnings today and yesterday.   Most municipalities have specific days set aside for burn days.  Someone needs to find out what the rules are in her area and report if necessary.  

I was incredible sick with debilitating headaches in my early teens, and our family doctor wanted me to come in one evening after hours to make sure we weren't dealing with meningitis.  As my parents brought me home, we realized out street was blocked off at one end.  Our idiot neighbor decided to have a "little bonfire", it was windy, and the embers were carried up the hillside to an onramp of a state highway.  It takes one ember to get a catastrophic fire raging.  She is just flat out stupid.

Aren't railroad ties coated in creasole?  Those make some toxic fumes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

Aren't railroad ties coated in creasole?  Those make some toxic fumes.

I thought that too - to burn those is prohibited in my area

maybe jesus protects them from that as well as covid-19

• Love 6
On 4/9/2020 at 8:43 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

Over/under on the Nurthan nuptials still happening in July?

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_158661943642614&key=79bd9386a12d9ac58a81d42672c87dc4&libId=k8vs14mn0102hjor000MAkpsp3id3&subId=4722371074&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.freejinger.org%2Ftopic%2F33226-rv-jillbillies-144-titrod-rides-again%2Fpage%2F4%2F%23comments&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com%2Fsunday-afternoon-services-1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.freejinger.org%2Ftopic%2F33226-rv-jillbillies-144-titrod-rides-again%2Fpage%2F9%2F&title=RV Jillbillies 144%3A TiTRod Rides Again! - Page 4 - RVfull of Grifting (Rodrigues Family) - Free Jinger&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com%2Fsunday-afternoon-services-1

According to Jill, Nurie is still getting married this July.

The JillRod family was singing at Joy Baptist Church of Wayne County.  If you click on 4-5-20, and listen at 12:20, you can hear them sing (screech and shrill is more like it and be prepared to laugh your heads off, seriously)!

If you click on 3-8-20, you can hear David preaching about Kneel Instead Of A Meal.  So I guess they do fast?  I did not listen at all to David as I can't stomach hearing him preach.

Anyway, Jill was explaining how they had to learn to sing without Nurie, since she's getting married in July.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, louannems said:

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_158661943642614&key=79bd9386a12d9ac58a81d42672c87dc4&libId=k8vs14mn0102hjor000MAkpsp3id3&subId=4722371074&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.freejinger.org%2Ftopic%2F33226-rv-jillbillies-144-titrod-rides-again%2Fpage%2F4%2F%23comments&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com%2Fsunday-afternoon-services-1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.freejinger.org%2Ftopic%2F33226-rv-jillbillies-144-titrod-rides-again%2Fpage%2F9%2F&title=RV Jillbillies 144%3A TiTRod Rides Again! - Page 4 - RVfull of Grifting (Rodrigues Family) - Free Jinger&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joybaptistchurchofwaynecounty.com%2Fsunday-afternoon-services-1

According to Jill, Nurie is still getting married this July.

The JillRod family was singing at Joy Baptist Church of Wayne County.  If you click on 4-5-20, and listen at 12:20, you can hear them sing (screech and shrill is more like it and be prepared to laugh your heads off, seriously)!

If you click on 3-8-20, you can hear David preaching about Kneel Instead Of A Meal.  So I guess they do fast?  I did not listen at all to David as I can't stomach hearing him preach.

Anyway, Jill was explaining how they had to learn to sing without Nurie, since she's getting married in July.

If David fasts (which I doubt), just imagine how he would look if he didn't. I can't see Jill fasting either. She's either breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to get pregnant. 

We know the kids fast. Jill has bragged about it. I think the kids were fasting so there would be food for the younger children. Jill and David use their religion to manipulate and control. 

• Love 3

Note at the top of the page from Joy Baptist Church today

"WE ARE STILL HAVING ALL OF OUR NORMAL SERVICES DURING THE PANDEMIC. All of the recommended steps to safeguard the health and safety of all of our members are being taken except canceling services.

idiots

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Note at the top of the page from Joy Baptist Church day

"WE ARE STILL HAVING ALL OF OUR NORMAL SERVICES DURING THE PANDEMIC. All of the recommended steps to safeguard the health and safety of all of our members are being taken except canceling services.

idiots

So they're taking 'all of the recommended steps' except for the ones that have been show to actually prevent spread of the virus.  Covidiots.  Jesus wept.

There seem to be 3 situations that lead to clusters of Covid cases throughout the world: jails, nursing homes and church services.    There have been hundreds of clusters of cases identified that stemmed from church gatherings all over the world including S. Korea, Arkansas, France, Georgia and Illinois.  But, yet, God wants these people to continue to have communal church services.  Just like He wants those folks in the hills in Kentucky to handle poisonous snakes, I guess.

• Love 12

Cute kid.

Did NOT need the info regarding her nursing (as part of her birthday tweet? WTF?) I was just beginning to be able to forget about the nursing/prayer e.coli collection chair in the bathroom. 

Thanks, Jill, you freakshow.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young posted pictures of herself at a wedding in Hot Springs Arkansas. It was within the last two weeks. It's on Instagram as a normal post. She says they "social distanced" but she's clearly standing next to the bride and the groom. Who knows how many people took pictures with the bride and groom? 

Also this may be mean, but Kristen went dressed like an old timey opera singer lounging in her dressing room. I get she likes the boho look, but she's underdressed for a wedding. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young posted pictures of herself at a wedding in Hot Springs Arkansas. It was within the last two weeks. It's on Instagram as a normal post. She says they "social distanced" but she's clearly standing next to the bride and the groom. Who knows how many people took pictures with the bride and groom? 

Also this may be mean, but Kristen went dressed like an old timey opera singer lounging in her dressing room. I get she likes the boho look, but she's underdressed for a wedding. 

And she brought her kids, one who is around 6 weeks old.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm actually hoping Nurie is able to get married in July. I want to see her escape from Jill and David and move in with Nathan. Jill's house is too small for the number of people living in it. 

AFAIK Nurie and Nathan can get married in July or whenever- the question is, can they have a big wedding with lots of guests, etc. I wonder if that Joy Baptist Church is holding weddings in addition to Sunday services. And if so, would the church allow a reception within their facilities, or marriage ceremony only. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

AFAIK Nurie and Nathan can get married in July or whenever- the question is, can they have a big wedding with lots of guests, etc. I wonder if that Joy Baptist Church is holding weddings in addition to Sunday services. And if so, would the church allow a reception within their facilities, or marriage ceremony only. 

I can't see Jill actually settling for a private ceremony unless she can figure out how to grift for it far and wide....

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I can't see Jill actually settling for a private ceremony unless she can figure out how to grift for it far and wide....

Is it wrong to hope for a livestream of this train wreck of a shitshow? Because if it is, I don't want to be right! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5