Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So Fundies can't risk seeing a clavicle or swinging their hips to a beat for fear it will stir up unrighteous desires. They can't risk watching TV for fear they will see some unGodly behaviors. 

But it's okay to risk going to church during a pandemic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So Fundies can't risk seeing a clavicle or swinging their hips to a beat for fear it will stir up unrighteous desires. They can't risk watching TV for fear they will see some unGodly behaviors. 

But it's okay to risk going to church during a pandemic.

It's all part and parcel of the same Fundie mindset: "Look at me! Look at me!". Flaunting their "modesty" and condemning normal activities like dancing or watching TV gets them attention and lets them tell the world how special they are. And now, proudly disobeying public safety guidelines in the name of "religious freedom" lets them do the same thing.

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

TiTRod is tone deaf, as usual. Keep gathering in your church. Good luck. You'll need it.

She looks like she belongs on Tiger King! Rough. 

Sorry I tried to quote the picture of her and David wagging their fingers at us!!

Edited by Annabel11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Annabel11 said:

She looks like she belongs on Tiger King! Rough. 

Sorry I tried to quote the picture of her and David wagging their fingers at us!!

Is it me, or do all of David’s fingers look like thumbs?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Thanks for reminding us how special you are, Timmy. Make sure to wave to us losers as you "acend" to heaven. 

By the way, Tim. How's school? Are you adjusting to online classes? You must be getting close to final exams. Your Proud Mama usually tells us these things, but she's been too busy shopping and decorating to get around to sharing. I'm sure she will eventually, but please fill us in yourself. And have a nice day!   😊

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

Doodlebug:  when I read your quote about your sister’s rules about knocking on the bathroom door, I thought about this quote that reminded me of my mom:

Other moms:  Oh my God, are you OK? We have to wash that and get a bandaid.

my mom:  Can you walk?  Are there any bones sticking out? OK, go play.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes @kokapetl, that's a cowboy gap.

Looks photoshopped to me. Maybe too much of Tim's manhood was showing in those pants, and Jill had to blot it out in case some heathen hussy would look and not be able to control herself. 

• LOL 6
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Looks photoshopped to me. Maybe too much of Tim's manhood was showing in those pants, and Jill had to blot it out in case some heathen hussy would look and not be able to control herself. 

I thought the same thing, looks like a bad photoshop job.  Timmy must've had a stiffy.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 at the thought of Jill having to Photoshop Tim's bits. 😂😂😂😂

Timbit's, ahem, tim bits. 

• LOL 9

Based on the Maxwell wedding party photos, it appears that sewing is not a “home skill” that is taught to the girls. Otherwise, those boys would not have their overly long pants pooling around their ankles. I wonder how many of them tripped leaving the “stage”. ( I was going to say altar, but these churches seem to have staged instead.)

I would send a picture of my toilet paper, but due to hoarders, I am completely out of toilet paper and am forced to use Kleenex instead. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Based on the Maxwell wedding party photos, it appears that sewing is not a “home skill” that is taught to the girls. Otherwise, those boys would not have their overly long pants pooling around their ankles. I wonder how many of them tripped leaving the “stage”. ( I was going to say altar, but these churches seem to have staged instead.)

I would send a picture of my toilet paper, but due to hoarders, I am completely out of toilet paper and am forced to use Kleenex instead. 

Ok,we'll give you a pass this time.But just this once!

If Jill were going to photoshop Timbit's pants, she could have done a little touchup on that pile of straw on Not-Nurie's (Kaylee's?) head. What a dry, dirty, ragged mop that girl is sporting. Now that they're all "quarantining" (cough, cough), there's time for a shampoo, conditioning, and trim. 

That picture of Jill and Sausage Fingers is funny. David does not look like he wants to be there. It's clear who rules the roost in that coop. 

• Love 2
On 4/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, BradandJanet said:

Please. I think David is disgusting in every way possible, just from what we can see. This is a very bad time to go out searching for brain bleach. 

I stocked up on Brain Bleach. If anyone needs a bottle let me know. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Strangely enough, the Rod kids looked the most “normal” when they were writhing around in the van, high on goofy gas from the dentist. No strained smiles, no “keep sweet” voices, no make up. The girls actually looked their ages instead of 45-year-old truck stop waitresses. 

• Love 4

just a comment about the house...I think it looks pretty good...it seems cluttered yes...but modern decor, lighting etc...compare it to the way they dress....I cant figure it out except that jill must be just stuck in the 80's and dresses everyone else accordingly...it occurred to me that my 3 sisters dress the same way...I call it a synthetic aesthetic...its all fake, polyester, fake leather,,, fake materials...and I hate polyester (no offense to anyone who likes it :)...it can be stylish and updated..)....but for me...I am a linen gal, wool, cotton...anytime and day of the week...I love bryn walker, eileen fisher, the old Flax brand and free people....with Dansko shoes....I guess I am a hippie...but I just shudder when I see the her and the girls and their mode of dress....

• Love 3

Breaking News! from Maxhell

Jesse Maxwell, age 25, is engaged and supposed to get married next month. He is the fifth and final brother to get married! He is getting married before older sisters Sarah and Anna and younger sister Mary.  He is Anna Maxwell's only younger brother.

His bride is Anna Craig. Yes a third Anna! What will they do? His brother Christopher is married to Anna Marie Maxwell, who has breast cancer. Anna Maxwell is one of the daughters. Maybe Steve should let his daughter Anna get married so she'll have a different last name!

His official wedding date is May 23, 2020.  Far enough out to take place or will it be postponed?

Her full name is Anna Patrice Craig and she's the youngest Maxwell bride ever at 19/20 years old. I wonder how Jesse's sisters feel. 

Her family's blog is called Heritage Hill Music. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Will there still be coronavirus? Isn't the peak supposed to be these two weeks?

I think the peak is later in some other states. Not sure where Ohio falls in the continuum.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Will there still be coronavirus? Isn't the peak supposed to be these two weeks?

I live in Washington state where the curve is beginning to show signs of flattening. Today, our governor closed schools through the end of the year, which ends on June 19 for most public schools. Our stay home order is only through May 4 though, for now. We may be getting through the peak, but without continued measures, it could come back strong. That is what happened with the flu in 1918.

• Useful 6
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Triple P said:

I live in Washington state where the curve is beginning to show signs of flattening. Today, our governor closed schools through the end of the year, which ends on June 19 for most public schools. Our stay home order is only through May 4 though, for now. We may be getting through the peak, but without continued measures, it could come back strong. That is what happened with the flu in 1918.

The 1918 flu pandemic actually had 3 waves.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I looked at the Heritage Hill Music website about the Craig family.  They have 11 children, including two adopted siblings.

Of course, the mom says that all of her  many daughters want to be mothers and wives someday.  Or course, what else?

To me, some of their daughters look earily similar to Chelsey, John Maxwell's wife.  Fundies do all have that same look, though.

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's so creepy that all the boys are going to be married off and all the girls still live with ma and pa Maxhell. 

No female Maxhell child is going to get married while Stevehova is alive . 

Edited by lianau
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Even her nice is mean spirited 

Yes. I'm sure that as she typed out that religious bullshit, she was just internally gloating about how we're all going to be burning in hell and Jesus loves her best so she's all booked for heaven. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

And David folded 100,000 Smiley booklets all by himself! Why doesn't Jill show the underfed slave laborers (otherwise known as children to most people) who really do the work? David is too busy expanding his waistline to be productive, and she can't risk her  manicure. 

And still no word on college honor student Timmy with his online courses and new MacBook Pro. I can't understand the silence. (Hint, Jill: Get Tim to find someone who will let him pose with a computer and send you a photo so you can pretend he is still in school. It would be a lie, but you're so special God really doesn't mind if you lie.)

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yes. I'm sure that as she typed out that religious bullshit, she was just internally gloating about how we're all going to be burning in hell and Jesus loves her best so she's all booked for heaven. 

Hopefully she hasn't booked the wrong Heaven .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And David folded 100,000 Smiley booklets all by himself! Why doesn't Jill show the underfed slave laborers (otherwise known as children to most people) who really do the work? David is too busy expanding his waistline to be productive, and she can't risk her  manicure. 

And still no word on college honor student Timmy with his online courses and new MacBook Pro. I can't understand the silence. (Hint, Jill: Get Tim to find someone who will let him pose with a computer and send you a photo so you can pretend he is still in school. It would be a lie, but you're so special God really doesn't mind if you lie.)

I'm sure he has a folding machine. No assistance needed. You know the kids are employed boxing them up, though. 

• Love 1

So is it just that one smiley face tract that david makes billions of copies of?  Or does he have a whole repertoire of things he prints?  Cuz they only seem to show that one tract. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it's just that one tract. That's bad enough.

I actually think just the one is not enough. If they are going to claim to be working to "spread the word", they should at least pretend to work. Have different tracts for different places, for different groups of people, at least put a bit of effort into it. Basically he loads reams of paper into the printer, hits start, and is done. He's taken the laziest way humanly possible. I'm an Atheist and just throw any tracts I'm given away and I don't want to hear the spiel, but they could at the bare minimum put more effort into the "job" than my cats do in trying to climb into the fridge while I'm tying to get out my breakfast. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

I imagine most of the smiley tracts get thrown away anyway.I would use a notepad,that would be useful,but not a smiley tract.i would think he could make money printing those,or church bulletins?

• Love 3

I hope David doesn't print his tracts on expensive glossy paper. Plain paper makes better a toilet paper substitute, a true gift in this time of shortages. In fact, the Rods might think of toilet paper roll tracts as a way to save the heathens in need. 

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Wtf are those smiley tracts supposed to do? I'm actually asking honestly. They look like an elementary school project, I can't imagine anyone reading it and thinking "that's it, I'm giving myself to God! All it took was this crappy little pamphlet!".

It completely bewilders me too.

• Love 7