Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Fairly certain that's the first plug-in lamp I have ever seen in a bathroom.

Forget covid, the Rods are going to be picked off, one by one, by all the hazards in their home.

You could write an awesome "And Then There Were None" dark comedy about that! 

• LOL 8

Why couldn't JillR just say that 'some years ago, David was on a bowling league" like a normal person would? Is it some sort of high, holy sin 'after being saved' to play on one? What an idiot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I have the terrible feeling that somebody sells that bucket contraption for that purpose....Anybody else think that? I'd like to hear that this is just too ridiculous...

I guess that's in keeping w the farmhouse style now? Idk

• Love 2
8 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Who needs a fucking chair opposite a toilet? Who wants to sit opposite a shitter? “Kneel”, “take a quick breath”?  Gross.  

It goes to show little Jill understands germs.If she could pass a microbiology class,she might get it.And drop the notion her family is special in the eyes of God n won't get sick

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Normally, I would agree. However, David is fat and Jill is a normal weight; only the kids are rail thin. That's suspicious. I doubt the generous gift will change the situation one bit. 

Yes,the kids will be lucky to get a few sliders/mini burgers from it

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

OK Jill,  I'll let you worry about where you are going and you let me worry about where I am going. Deal?

Yeah,I doubt Jill really cares where someone is going in the afterlife.She just enjoys feeling high n mighty n being preachy

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Why couldn't JillR just say that 'some years ago, David was on a bowling league" like a normal person would? Is it some sort of high, holy sin 'after being saved' to play on one? What an idiot.

But... but... how else would we know he was "saved"?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

2 more:

JillR's getting worried now. She doesn't want the police or DCF knocking on her door. She went from being sarcastic, bold and challenging to a scared rat with her tail between her legs in about 48 hours.

JillR's prayers - 0

Primetimers' Posts - 1

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

"Just happened to walk by."

Oh, PLEASE. More like this:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think people are stupid for donating meat to a family who looks emaciated. I think it's very kind of them. 

I'm surprised Jill is still breastfeeding Janessa. Janessa is going to be two years old in a little over a week.  I know there are women who nurse until puberty, but it surprises me from Jill. 

It surprises you why?  Because she always tells the truth? 😒

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It surprises you why?  Because she always tells the truth? 😒

I don't think it's something to lie about. I guess it could be a lie, but it's not something I would lie about. Something people may think it makes you a better mother to breastfeed for an extended period, but a lot of people don't care and at some point it's a little odd although somewhat normal these days.  

It surprises, because it seems out of character for Jill. I guess it's a humble brag. Jill seems to me to be the kind of woman who cuts breast-feeding short so she can have the next blessing. Maybe she's got a premonition Janessa is the last baby. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I don't think it's something to lie about. I guess it could be a lie, but it's not something I would lie about. Something people may think it makes you a better mother to breastfeed for an extended period, but a lot of people don't care and at some point it's a little odd although somewhat normal these days.  

It surprises, because it seems out of character for Jill. I guess it's a humble brag. Jill seems to me to be the kind of woman who cuts breast-feeding short so she can have the next blessing. Maybe she's got a premonition Janessa is the last baby. 

Please, Lord, let it be so.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

2 more:

Why in the world is she taking a selfie at the grocery store? These days, all I’m trying to do is get in and out without anyone breathing on me. (While I try to figure out who the h3ll are all the people with the HUGE supply rooms of toilet paper?!?!)

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 8:07 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So this begs the question: how many fridges and freezers does she have?

First, I don't think Jill and David even know the meaning of quarantine, and second, the photos of double-chin Jill and her bowling-ball-on-legs chubby hubby grocery shopping certainly don't look like they are in a store with a shortage of "meat supplies." Jill just wanted free food, and she managed to find someone who would give it to her. She's the Grifting Goddess, and I'll give her that. She would probably talk a homeless person out his last sandwich to make sure David had his late-night snack. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, he may have been the first guy she ever kissed but that certainly leaves a whole bunch of other possibilities.

She doth protest much, much too much....

I believe her; I just think the endless obsession with "purity" is creepy and overdone. I was homeschooled and was very sheltered (and not just a virgin, but had never even been near a guy on my own) until college. Jill's parents appeared to be quite strict and her upbringing was likely the same.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Wow.high n mighty Jill sure does like to remind everyone that she was a Holy Virgin on her wedding night.So much Godlier than the rest of the heathen world.Did she give birth to Jesus,too? Oh but I bet she's a Catholic hater

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 4

Jill n David's first 4 kids were two sets of Irish twins.So either she quit bf'ing early to get pregnant again quickly,or she got pregnant while bf'ing anyway.It's possible she bottle fed,but I doubt it.So idk

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

t sounds as if she is implying everyone else has a promiscuous liplock orgy with other men on their wedding day

Isn't that what the groomsmen are for?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

"Prayer is not preparation for the work , it is the work "  

No wonder Jill thinks that Shrek is hardworking . 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

If I’m honest, I hide in bathroom sometimes!  Just a minute or two because my kids leave me alone when I’m in there. Only for a few minutes, but during this self-quarantine it’s a lovely few minutes. However, I don’t have a chair across from toilet! And I’m not a narcissist like Jill! 

catching up On this thread has reminded me of one of my favorite TWoP phrases of all times: “God is in the tub”. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, ms.o said:

If I’m honest, I hide in bathroom sometimes!  Just a minute or two because my kids leave me alone when I’m in there. Only for a few minutes, but during this self-quarantine it’s a lovely few minutes. However, I don’t have a chair across from toilet! And I’m not a narcissist like Jill! 

catching up On this thread has reminded me of one of my favorite TWoP phrases of all times: “God is in the tub”. 

I bought the “God is in the tub” t-shirt.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ms.o said:

I was a TWoPer, but don't recognize the phrase.  Can you give the context?

17 hours ago, Zella said:

I love the phrasing "You were the first and only guy I kissed on our wedding day." I know what the dumbass is trying to say, but it sounds as if she is implying everyone else has a promiscuous liplock orgy with other men on their wedding day, and only Jill rose above it. 

I guess technically I kissed a guy other than my husband on my wedding day. Then he tried to eat my bouquet, and no, that’s not a euphemism for something. It was my 9-month-old nephew and I was so tired of my husband and I being the center of attention that I started carrying him around so everyone would pay attention to him instead. And kiss him on top of his fuzzy little head, of course. So I suppose my marriage is doomed?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
Just now, jennblevins said:

I guess technically I kissed a guy other than my husband on my wedding day. Then he tried to eat my bouquet, and no, that’s not a euphemism for something. It was my 9-month-old nephew and I was so tired of my husband and I being the center of attention that I started carrying him around so everyone would pay attention to him instead. And kiss him on top of his fuzzy little head, of course. So I suppose my marriage is doomed?

giphy.gif

😉 

• LOL 18

"Prayer is not preparation for the work, it is the work..."

First, I must not be Godly enough because I don't even understand what this is supposed to mean.

Second, if this is an example of Nathan's conversation topics, I now feel even worse for Nurie.  Yawnnnnnn.

Jill is so sure that everyone else is going to hell and she is going to heaven.  Is this really being a good Christian?  Would any truly good Christian ever be so confidently sure?  Isn't there always room to be a better person?  I also love her arrogance that she has the ability to save others.  Does she think she IS God?

I hope she reads the forums here.  I'm going to give her a J-Rod equivalent to a hard kick in the balls:  Jill....you are not a good Christian.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 4/2/2020 at 12:31 AM, sondraK said:

Tj Maxx.More unnecessary shopping.I would think they have room for the chair in the bedroom?

Doesn't everyone kneel over the toilet to pray? LOL

I think everyone is missing the point of the chair in the bathroom. Jill's got to park her ass in there to make sure David doesn't get tempted to pay attention to any particular body part while he's in there. 

2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I was a TWoPer, but don't recognize the phrase.  Can you give the context?

I believe it was coined by Miss Allie on The Amazing Race Forum.  She was commenting on how annoying it was to have racers praying for God to let them win the various competitions and how the winners often thanked God for giving them the victory.  Her general sentiment was 'God does not care if you do a meaningless task faster than anyone else nor is he busy fixing it so you win a million bucks.  God is in the tub, he does not care'.  That's a paraphrase, but that's the gist of it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, ms.o said:

When my sister's kids were young (like 5-9, not toddlers), she had a 20 minute rule on the bathroom.  If she went in there, they had to wait at least 20 minutes before knocking unless someone was bleeding or there was a bone sticking out.  She would take a magazine, toss some Calgon in the tub and take a break a couple times a week.

As for Jill, she has a great big bedroom with many superfluous chairs; if she wants to nurse privately or read the Bible, why wouldn't she go there?  Unlike her poor kids who are crowded together in their rooms like refugees at Ellis Island, she shares her bedroom with only one person.  A person who supposedly works more than full time printing Bible tracts and surely doesn't have time to be napping in her bedroom.  Why would she want to conduct non-bathroom activities in the bathroom?

• Love 10

Jill reminds me of something Rob Bell said in his "Love Wins" book.He said ppl that believe in a literal hell never think they're the ones going there themselves.It's always the other person.Go figure

48 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I think everyone is missing the point of the chair in the bathroom. Jill's got to park her ass in there to make sure David doesn't get tempted to pay attention to any particular body part while he's in there. 

Good thought.lol

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Her general sentiment was 'God does not care if you do a meaningless task faster than anyone else nor is he busy fixing it so you win a million bucks.  God is in the tub, he does not care'.  That's a paraphrase, but that's the gist of it.

I thought Miss Allie was a petty, power-mad mod, but that is funny.

I also think Jill could really relate to this quote from Pam on The Office: "I feel God in this Chili's tonight."

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Please. I think David is disgusting in every way possible, just from what we can see. This is a very bad time to go out searching for brain bleach. 

• LOL 4
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Please. I think David is disgusting in every way possible, just from what we can see. This is a very bad time to go out searching for brain bleach. 

sounds like jill is hiding from him now.maybe that's why she's bf'ing for so long.lol

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ms.o said:

Ha Ha...when my kids were little the bathroom was the only safe haven...I used to hear them ask my hubby..."where's Mom" ..his relpy...

"she is in the bathroom having a sacred moment"...with 2 littles , truer words were never spoken ...

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

When my sister's kids were young (like 5-9, not toddlers), she had a 20 minute rule on the bathroom.  If she went in there, they had to wait at least 20 minutes before knocking unless someone was bleeding or there was a bone sticking out.  She would take a magazine, toss some Calgon in the tub and take a break a couple times a week.

As for Jill, she has a great big bedroom with many superfluous chairs; if she wants to nurse privately or read the Bible, why wouldn't she go there?  Unlike her poor kids who are crowded together in their rooms like refugees at Ellis Island, she shares her bedroom with only one person.  A person who supposedly works more than full time printing Bible tracts and surely doesn't have time to be napping in her bedroom.  Why would she want to conduct non-bathroom activities in the bathroom?

He might not be napping. It's always possible he could be sprawled out on the bed with a "come hither" look. That would certainly make me retreat to the bathroom with a month's  worth of reading material.

• LOL 9
(edited)
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Timothy chimes in...... 5 pictures:

TiTRod is tone deaf, as usual. Keep gathering in your church. Good luck. You'll need it.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9

Those chairs are expensive. Yes, much less expensive than the original retail price, but that chair goes for at least 60 to 100 bucks at TJ Maxx. I looked at that chair, but settled for one that had been returned at IKEA for $20. I could afford the TJ Maxx chair, I just didn’t want to pay that much. But I also work and have no children. How can the Rods afford to buy brand new furniture when they have all those children, just bought a house and don’t work?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

He might not be napping. It's always possible he could be sprawled out on the bed with a "come hither" look. That would certainly make me retreat to the bathroom with a month's  worth of reading material.

Me,too!

• Love 1