Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

What does Jill even read? Do they have a heathen television? Cable? The only book she reads talks about plagues but isn’t exactly current.

She may not know. Or she’s only heard about as that political “hoax” or “it’s just a bad cold” and is believing she is protected anyway because Jesus.

This is not a smart woman. In part, it’s on the idiots she’s grifting from to tell them to stay away. 

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

What does Jill even read? Do they have a heathen television? Cable? The only book she reads talks about plagues but isn’t exactly current.

She may not know. Or she’s only heard about as that political “hoax” or “it’s just a bad cold” and is believing she is protected anyway because Jesus.

This is not a smart woman. In part, it’s on the idiots she’s grifting from to tell them to stay away. 

Anybody who lets jilly grift from them probably isn't any brighter than she is. She's successful at her con because she picks her targets well. Of course, she always has a few sickly looking Rod-kids to display as backup. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Anybody who lets jilly grift from them probably isn't any brighter than she is. She's successful at her con because she picks her targets well. Of course, she always has a few sickly looking Rod-kids to display as backup. 

I definitely agree that they're not too bright.  Also, I notice that most of the people she grifts from seem to be in an older demographic.  Now that those people are staying home and worried about resources this could really hit poor JillyBean hard.  I really don't see how they'll get by.

• Love 12

Just saw this:

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Florida officials have arrested the pastor of a megachurch after detectives say he held two Sunday services with hundreds of people and violated a safer-at-home order in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

According to jail records, Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne turned himself in to authorities Monday afternoon in Hernando County, where he lives. He was charged with unlawful assembly and violation of a public health emergency order. Bail was set at $500, according to the jail's website, and he was released after posting bond.

Hillsborough Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a news conference Monday that he negotiated with the attorney of Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne to turn himself in to authorities in Hernando County. His church is located in Tampa.

Howard-Browne isn't alone in refusing to curtail in-person worship services despite public health orders designed to stop the virus from spreading. Churches in Ohio, Kentucky and Louisiana have continued to invite worshippers in recent days as at least a half-dozen states offer some degree of exemption for faith in their orders to shutter nonessential activity during the pandemic.

Chronister said his command staff met with The River at Tampa Bay Church leaders about the danger they are putting themselves — and their congregation — in by not maintaining appropriate social distancing, but Howard-Browne held the services. The Sheriff's Office also placed a digital sign on the road near the church driveway that said “practice social distancing.”

“Shame on this pastor, their legal staff and the leaders of this staff for forcing us to do our job. That's not what we wanted to do during a declared state of emergency,” Chronister said. “We are hopeful that this will be a wakeup call."

The church has said it sanitized the building, and the pastor said on Twitter that the church is an essential business. He also attacked the media for “religious bigotry and hate.”

The county and governor’s orders require gatherings, including those held by faith-based groups, be fewer than 10 people to limit the spread of COVID-19. A live stream of Sunday's three-and-a-half-hour church service showed scores of congregants. In a Facebook post, Howard-Browne said coronavirus “is blown totally way out of proportion.”

On March 18, the church called its ministry an essential service, just like police and firefighters, and said it would keep its doors open.

In a Facebook video Sunday, Howard-Browne said “it looks like we're going to have to go to court over this because the church is encroached from every side.”

“This is really about your voice. The voice of the body of Christ,” he said.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just saw this:

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Florida officials have arrested the pastor of a megachurch after detectives say he held two Sunday services with hundreds of people and violated a safer-at-home order in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

According to jail records, Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne turned himself in to authorities Monday afternoon in Hernando County, where he lives. He was charged with unlawful assembly and violation of a public health emergency order. Bail was set at $500, according to the jail's website, and he was released after posting bond.

Hillsborough Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a news conference Monday that he negotiated with the attorney of Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne to turn himself in to authorities in Hernando County. His church is located in Tampa.

Howard-Browne isn't alone in refusing to curtail in-person worship services despite public health orders designed to stop the virus from spreading. Churches in Ohio, Kentucky and Louisiana have continued to invite worshippers in recent days as at least a half-dozen states offer some degree of exemption for faith in their orders to shutter nonessential activity during the pandemic.

Chronister said his command staff met with The River at Tampa Bay Church leaders about the danger they are putting themselves — and their congregation — in by not maintaining appropriate social distancing, but Howard-Browne held the services. The Sheriff's Office also placed a digital sign on the road near the church driveway that said “practice social distancing.”

“Shame on this pastor, their legal staff and the leaders of this staff for forcing us to do our job. That's not what we wanted to do during a declared state of emergency,” Chronister said. “We are hopeful that this will be a wakeup call."

In a Facebook video Sunday, Howard-Browne said “it looks like we're going to have to go to court over this because the church is encroached from every side.”

It's not really "about your voice" - it's about pretending to be persecuted and tying up the courts with this nonsense.  What you're really doing "Pastor" is killing your own congregation!  Dumba**!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

David is SEVERELY allergic to work.

But he's also VERY sanitary. 😉 

Ron Howard narrator voice: No, he's not. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Newest blog post from the Maxwells.
"Happy Monday, y’all! I know there are lots of new normals happening, but I hope your week is starting out blessed. Today, Anna Marie is sharing the latest on her health. —Sarah

It’s been a while since we posted an update but wanted to, first of all, thank each of you for praying for us. Since I last wrote here, COVID-19 has swept the nation, and I think most families are now finding themselves at home together quite a lot! For us, we haven’t felt many tremendous lifestyle changes as we tend to be home most of the time anyway, but it definitely adds another layer of complexity to figuring out my treatments. None of this complicates anything for God though, and we are excited to see Him leading.

We got some good news a couple days ago! My CTC (circulating tumor cell count) has dropped to 0 (in January it was 2.3; not sure what it had gone up to when surgery was done). While in some cases a 0 could indicate “no cancer,” there is always the possibility that some of the circulating cancer cells that were previously in the blood, while not circulating now, have settled in an organ somewhere (where they can lie dormant). While we are still working toward a chemo plan of some sort it was definitely a praise that there do not appear to be CTCs in my blood.

We have been consulting with various oncologists to decide on the treatment plan we feel is best for me. The Lord used some unlikely circumstances to get us in contact with a medical oncologist in Seattle, with whom we consulted remotely. He does chemotherapy in a different way than is “standard of care” yet with very good clinical success (over the years he is seeing about a 1% recurrence rate vs. 10-15% recurrence rate with standard chemo)—all of this with less toxicity and suppression of the immune system typical with standard chemo. We would love to get the chemo plan administered locally, however, because it is not yet widely used in the medical community we suspect that won’t be possible. Which means I will likely be going to Seattle for three months of treatment. As you can imagine, there are a lot of logistics to that, especially with COVID-19 right now. We are praying that we can find someone to do it locally or that God will make the way clear for me to get treatment in Seattle.

I have a few ideas for upcoming blog posts. I’ll have to work to keep them pretty short (not one of my strengths) since my time is limited, but I’m excited about some special activities we’ve done recently that you might enjoy trying with your own family! A sneak preview is that we did our Scriptorium virtually with a couple other participating families by using Google’s free video-conferencing technology. Another day, we did a solidarity pack from Feed My Starving Children and free activities from Compassion International to have an afternoon/evening focused on children in poverty in other countries. It helps put “quarantine” in perspective when you think about how abundantly blessed most of us are compared to so many in the world! And it’s a good reminder to be praying and looking for ways to bless others instead of focusing solely on what’s happening in our own lives right now.

Love,
Anna Marie

I don't understand how she's using the term chemo. There are various cancer therapies, but only administration of chemo drugs counts as chemo as far as I know.  Her family is from Seattle so part of the appeal is possibly staying with her family/near her family. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Just saw this:

The church has said it sanitized the building, and the pastor said on Twitter that the church is an essential business. He also attacked the media for “religious bigotry and hate.”

The county and governor’s orders require gatherings, including those held by faith-based groups, be fewer than 10 people to limit the spread of COVID-19. A live stream of Sunday's three-and-a-half-hour church service showed scores of congregants. In a Facebook post, Howard-Browne said coronavirus “is blown totally way out of proportion.”

On March 18, the church called its ministry an essential service, just like police and firefighters, and said it would keep its doors open.

See, this pastor could have live-streamed his services and reached all his members, and worshipped that way. Like my church does. 

Evidently the Lord did not lay it upon his heart (or his brain) that there were alternative ways of worshipping besides in person.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

When is she planning on going to Seattle because I wouldn't go anywhere near there for now. 

I wonder if she is going to Kenmore, Washington to start quack treatment at Bastyr naturepathic medicine.  They do all sorts of pseudoscience like IV vitamins and detox.

Kenmore is very close to North Kirkland where the coroavirus took off in that nursing home.

But Gov. Inslee shut everything down here quickly and the new cases and deaths in Washington have not been that high.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

See, this pastor could have live-streamed his services and reached all his members, and worshipped that way. Like my church does. 

Evidently the Lord did not lay it upon his heart (or his brain) that there were alternative ways of worshipping besides in person.

Streaming wouldn't have given him the attention and the opportunity to accuse the police of persecution of his extra holy christian self. 

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Streaming wouldn't have given him the attention and the opportunity to accuse the police of persecution of his extra holy christian self. 

Or the opportunity to pass the collection plate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
26 minutes ago, wilsie said:

And it's probably easier fleecing the congregation in public than having to reach out to get their money. Those private jets and tailored suits don't come cheap. 

• Love 20

Also, depending on income level of congregation, they may not have internet at home. About 1/3 of the people in my rural county do not have internet either because they're not in a service area or because they can't afford it. So, streaming stuff to them right now is just not an option. 

Note: Not at all justifying what he did, but I keep seeing all over the internet things that tell people to just use the internet. That's not the reality for more people than you'd think. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

Also, depending on income level of congregation, they may not have internet at home. About 1/3 of the people in my rural county do not have internet either because they're not in a service area or because they can't afford it. So, streaming stuff to them right now is just not an option. 

Note: Not at all justifying what he did, but I keep seeing all over the internet things that tell people to just use the internet. That's not the reality for more people than you'd think. 

Taking my rely to small talk.  

• Love 1

Another day, we did a solidarity pack from Feed My Starving Children 

Did JRod send that "solidarity pack?" Did it only include only an envelope with which a person could send money to Ohio?

On 3/29/2020 at 5:52 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

I really need an angry reaction option just for this thread alone. She makes me rage.

I am deemed an essential worker(grocery chain) and people like her make my anxiety about going to work even worse than it already is.

Thank you for what you are doing!

I find myself saying future Darwin award winner a lot lately.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Look, if these people want to stay locked inside that church nonstop for their DIY Rapture/Picnic at Jonestown, fine. But instead then they go back home...and potentially infect 2.4 others per person. In Florida. Home of the elderly and retired.

Oh and when they get sick they don’t stay home and just wait for Jesus...they go to ERs and tie up hospital beds, respirators and exhausted medical professionals. 

This is really no less irresponsible than all those idiots on spring break and at that point social distancing was a suggestion, not a mandate. And chronologically, at least, these are supposedly adults.

Absolutely unforgivable.

All that I think of when I think of people who still are going to church is a scene in The Stand (miniseries) when they are trying to restart civilization in Boulder.  Creepy.

• Love 12

Following up on that pitiful, neanderthal looking couple who let crazy train hold their baby, David, and the dimwitted dorks in the church pics......

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its' cover but in this case, I think it is clear the outer represents the inner:  UGLY and STUPID.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm exceptionally cranky today, going on day 13 of quarantine and the 27th straight day of working with no days off (but I'm lucky, I can do it all from home and I'm still getting a paycheck), and I never thought I'd be irritated at a cancer patient's post, yet here we are. 

Anna Marie's post had me mildly irritated up until she put "quarantine" in parentheses. She's an idiot and her gullibility is going to get her killed. I'm with doodlebug, if this doctor in Seattle is such a miracle worker, how come thousands and thousands of cancer patients aren't flocking to his clinic? How come he's not on the cover of every medical journal, magazine, and blog known to man? I get not wanting to face chemo, it's brutal and it makes you and everyone around you feel helpless. But in the majority of cases, it works, and it's the one thing that does work. She's probably going to spend thousands at this clinic, get proclaimed "cured", and then have it come back soon after. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I'm exceptionally cranky today, going on day 13 of quarantine and the 27th straight day of working with no days off (but I'm lucky, I can do it all from home and I'm still getting a paycheck), and I never thought I'd be irritated at a cancer patient's post, yet here we are. 

Anna Marie's post had me mildly irritated up until she put "quarantine" in parentheses. She's an idiot and her gullibility is going to get her killed. I'm with doodlebug, if this doctor in Seattle is such a miracle worker, how come thousands and thousands of cancer patients aren't flocking to his clinic? How come he's not on the cover of every medical journal, magazine, and blog known to man? I get not wanting to face chemo, it's brutal and it makes you and everyone around you feel helpless. But in the majority of cases, it works, and it's the one thing that does work. She's probably going to spend thousands at this clinic, get proclaimed "cured", and then have it come back soon after. 

I can't wait to see that happen. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

For a lot of these guys, their egos are so huge that they cannot live without the weekly live crowd and, of course, most of them believe that Jesus wants them to be wealthy, so keeping people from giving their weekly tithe is immoral.

And a big component of keeping the members of your cult under your control is to get them accustomed to a routine and make them afraid to deviate from it. His congregation has been trained to come to church at the appointed hour each Sunday to worship Jesus their pastor. If he lets them stay home every Sunday until the crisis is over, a few of them might decide that they never want to come back. Some might decide to look around and check out some other churches once the ban is lifted. Some might decide that watching Joel Osteen or Creflo Dollar on TV is easier and provides them with the same thrill. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Unfortunately, conspiracy theories are rampant  among some evangelical and fundamentalist groups. It goes like this: 

Real cures and treatments exist, but [drug companies, atheists, the deep state, the government, the devil, doctors, hospitals, etc.] are withholding the truth in order to [make money, keep people sick, hook people on drugs, poison people slowly, punish godly people, make people doubt their faith, etc.].

People in low-information groups are conditioned to be fearful and dependent, so snake oil sells. Just ask Jim Bakker. 

Yet they ALL rush to the hospital when they get sick.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, lianau said:

This is the one occasion where he is SEVERELY into social distancing . 

Yes and if David should get a job,like that would ever happen,I hope it isn't working with the public.If he were to bring the virus home,he and Jill might survive just fine,but their flock of malnourished children might not do so well

• Love 2

I think David would have a harder time getting a job than any of the Duggar man-children. They'd be able to point to the show, the car lots, and other things to make it look like they've been working. Unless he works in a print shop that really needs help, I don't think his little brochures and screechy singing family are going to help.

Edited by Nysha
For clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think David would have a harder time getting a job than any of the Duggar man-children. They'd be able to point to the show, the car lots, and other things to make it look like they've been working. Unless he works in a print shop that really needs help, I don't think his little brochures and screechy singing family are going to help.

At least David has had a job in the past, according to Jill, anyway. The Rod sons are cooked, however. Daddy has no businesses to employ them all so they can marry and support their families. David's shop can't feed his own brood much less the next generation of uneducated, untrained Rods. These kids better master the art of grifting from from their mooching mama. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, crazy8s said:

from Saturday - it's already in Jill's little corner of the world

WOOSTER — Wayne County Health Commissioner Nick Cascarelli says a third resident of the county has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

A woman in her mid-20s was hospitalized, treated and sent home to recuperate. She is now in isolation.

The commissioner was unsure of how the latest resident contracted the virus.

“I think we’re at a level of community spread right now,” Cascarelli said. “We have community spread all throughout Ohio, and we look at travel, too. I would say, at this point, there may be some Wayne County residents with it who may not even know they have it. Some people can fight this.”

No coronavirus cases have been reported in Holmes County.

Holmes County joins the line...It's surrounding the Rodrigui now.

https://www.the-daily-record.com/news/20200329/holmes-county-confirms-first-case-of-coronavirus

Posted Mar 29, 2020 at 3:34 PMUpdated Mar 30, 2020 at 6:44 AM

MILLERSBURG — Holmes County has its first positive case of COVID-19.

The Holmes County General Health District was notified of a positive test result for the coronavirus Sunday, saying a 51-year-old woman is the first to test positive in the county.

The female individual came to Pomerene Hospital’s screening station, according to the hospital. She was assessed, screened, and subsequently tested. She was instructed to return home to self-isolate and follow the appropriate Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quarantine guidelines. She is now recovering at home.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

You cannot livestream the collection plate, though.

Sure you can. PayPal would gladly accept donations. 😂 But then there's a paper trail and no one wants that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

I’ll bet you that this “doctor” guaranteed that his “treatment” would not affect her fertility in any way. That’s what attracted them. They just don’t want to say it cause they know not all of their fans are as deep into the crazy as they are. Anna Marie should probably remember this one important point, however. 

It’s hard to have babies when you’re dead. 

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

It’s hard to have babies when you’re dead. 

Yes, but to her not being able to have babies would be akin to being dead. 🙄 

This is why I don't for one second believe that any of these people value their children's lives as individuals. If they did they'd realize that given the choice between treatment and losing fertility but being alive and with their family; or rolling the dice and maybe (probably) dying but not losing the potential of more kids they're going to choose the latter. Nothing trumps more children for god, even the ones you already have. God will take care of them. It's infuriating. 

Maybe Anna Marie will prove this wrong but I doubt it.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

My guess is also that he doesn’t know how to livestream the service or put it on zoom so he staunchly stuck with the old fashioned way of meeting in person. In addition to what has been said- his followers may not have internet access or know how to see a zoom service. And of course, it’s not just about god, but opportunity for $ collection. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The Maxwells have a new post; asking how homeschooling is going and how people are making adjustments to quarrantine. They ask about homeschooling and grocery shopping. They don't ask if anyone is battling the virus, etc. The comments are appropriate. One commentor (Victoria) is sewing masks. Another (Charisa) is worried about their finances to Covid-19 layoffs and asking for prayers. 

I have respectfully asked if Anna Marie was going to do radiation therapy and that question was deleted. 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR best watch her Ps & Qs. Parents of 6 children were charged with child endangerment when caught hosting a small engagement party.

So do the Duggars, Forsyths, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Am I the only one to think that these pictures are fake?  She cropped her kid into someone else's graduation photos?!?  My 14 year old sends me funny texts with herself in various places all the time - they look just like this "photo shoot"  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, kstar821 said:

Am I the only one to think that these pictures are fake?  She cropped her kid into someone else's graduation photos?!?  My 14 year old sends me funny texts with herself in various places all the time - they look just like this "photo shoot"  

It wouldn't surprise me. The head in every one of these pictures looks off, plus that dress is very pretty and fits.

Edited by Nysha
would/wouldn't - not the same word
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Speaking of child endangerment and covidiots, in the race to the bottom Christopher Maxwell might take the cake. He has six children ages 7 years to 2 months old. His wife Anna Marie is battling breast cancer, although she claims everything is fine. 

On March 20, 2020 a wedding took place in Florida. The bride and groom are fundies and the groom is from a fundie family well-known to FJ.  Anyway Christopher Maxwell went from his home state of Kansas to Florida to photograph this wedding. I kid you not!

That Christopher Maxwell is an covidiot and a**hole is obvious. His parents who also should know better are sending Anna Elizabeth and Mary over to babysit their grands. So if Chris picked up anything he'll transmit to at least Nathan and Melanie and their family and Steve and Teri (who are high-risk) and Sarah and Jesse. 

We know this, because Chris proudly posted the photos on his wedding photography site. Also there's one shot of the wedding party wearing masks that seems to be mocking the crisis.  If someone with more tech skills, could those pictures (just the one with the masks and the one with the date), I would really appreciate it. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Speaking of child endangerment and covidiots, in the race to the bottom

Paul Caldwell posted a pic of several kids at Sams on March 23

https://www.facebook.com/paul.caldwell.161

Pastor Paul Caldwell of LightHouse NWA plus little Timothy, Nathan and Olivia came by #SamsClub in Springdale and have been looking for some GREAT fry pans for a long time. Actually, these 3 and the other 5 kids do as much cooking as mom and dad!

• Love 3