Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Zella said:

Like seriously, the fucking c*** just doubles down on it every day. What a bitch. 

I'm curious what happens when (not if) these too-holy-to-get-the virus idiots get the virus. Is god sending a message? Did they not pray hard enough? Nah, they will just demand a hospital room and nursing care. They may scoff at Mother Nature, but Mother Nature doesn't really care about them either.  

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have to assume that anyone who voluntarily poses for a picture with Jill is by definition stupid, Coronavirus or not. Come on, natural selection!

Sadly they all brought many many children into their world. I feel bad for the kids.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Sadly they all brought many many children into their world. I feel bad for the kids.

And their grandchildren, who will be raised by idiots who were raised by idiots. Not one of them with the common sense God gave a grasshopper.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

FMore defensiveness from you know who. This is also from last week.

I'm not even sure how I want to react to this..."If they came to see us sing, it was their choice"...Yes, I suppose it was. Part of me really hopes that even if they took the risk of attending the gathering, it was for the fellowship, the love of God, or almost anything other than the sheer pleasure of hearing a Rods' musical performance. How many completely tone-deaf followers do they have, anyway?

• Love 12
10 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jon Shrader,Anna Duggar's bro in law,thinks colloidal silver kills ebola.I'm guessing he thinks it will kill Covid 19 as well.And Jill thinks Plexus will ward it off.Fundies have the dumbest ideas sometimes

Yet they still run to doctors/hospitals when God seemingly fails to save them.

• Love 15

I'm shocked that she hasn't turned the comments off. There's maybe 3 favorable ones.

Ha! I got in just in time, apparently. The comment bubble was still there when I read. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm shocked that she hasn't turned the comments off. There's maybe 3 favorable ones.

Ha! I got in just in time, apparently. The comment bubble was still there when I read. 

The 3 nice ones were from me pretending to be a fan.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I have never wanted an ANGRY reaction option here as much as I do now.

FU Jill!  😠 😡

I really need an angry reaction option just for this thread alone. She makes me rage.

I am deemed an essential worker(grocery chain) and people like her make my anxiety about going to work even worse than it already is.

• Love 8

@galaxygirl76 : I have nothing but admiration for people working in grocery.  All of you are doing an awesome job so that people can have food and other necessities. It is greatly appreciated.    

Jill is a horrible excuse for a human being, yet despite her risky behaviour, I have little doubt she will emerge from this crisis unscathed.  That always seems to happen to terrible people.  But there is no telling how many of the people she put at risk will be affected.  

• Love 19
1 minute ago, EVS said:

@ChiCricket, sending you a virtual hug from a fellow Chicagoan. I’m so sorry about your nephew.  Please keep us posted on his condition whenever you feel up to it. 

If anyone is looking for a fun way to connect with friends or loved ones during the quarantine, my husband  found an online version of Cards Against Humanity.  I think the website is playingcards.io. He set up the room and then sent us the link and we all joined in from our laptops/tablets and then used our phones to set up a group FaceTime. It took a few minutes to figure out how it worked, but it ended up being really fun. We played with our son and his gf who live in another state. We are going to try to play every Sunday night, even when this quarantine ends. 

Oh cool. I’d love to do that. A friend working on setting up online D&D. Yes please. 

• Love 2

I guess Jill is serving a purpose during this difficult time - bringing people together in our shared hatred of her massive stupidity.

Also, the grammar and spelling errors in her posts concern me far more than the fate of my soul. (Atheist here, don’t care about eternal damnation)

• LOL 9
  • Love 13

I'm guessing Jill was hoping for love offerings from those who attended the bible study.

If Jill got in the slammer,she would just brag about how she saved the jailer and everybody there @@

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jill is deliberately baiting people. She loves to offend people with things she doesn't find offensive. She wants the reaction. She's a troll and she's trolling us. 

Jill, trolling people doesn't make them more receptive to your posts about Jesus. You make Jesus, Christianity and anything else you stand for look bad.  You can pray I'll find your Jesus, and I continue to pray you find wisdom, common sense, etc.  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, LilJen said:

Someone needs to do a JRod version of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Modern Major General".

"I was a featured speaker at a sanitary conference."

Well, that will now bring my head all night.   Next line “I handed out the Plexus and forced my children to screech and sing.”

• LOL 8

JillR really doesn't get it. This is not the time to be an asshole. She also seems to be rolling the dice to try and prove something. Maybe she thinks the odds are in her favor with Covid, but folks who don't fit the riskier categories are also dying.

What I don't think she realizes (which likely feels far more dangerous to JillR) is she's also risking losing some of her humpers, some of the humpers that keep them afloat financially. Not all humpers are as SEVERELY stupid as she is.

Someone should screenshot her posts so she can be charged with reckless endangerment if she ends up spreading this virus around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

On 3/26/2020 at 1:33 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Amy Foster (Jill's sister) update.

Mama Noyes (their mother) posted in the women's conference FB group that Amy's kids were sick (posted the other day) with the flu. Amy has developed a bad cough which is dangerous due to her lack of strength. This could develop into pneumonia. Mama asks for prayers.I

Going to that conference (with your kids in tow) was a very, very bad decision.

I wonder if Amy (and Jill, I'm sure) will ever realize that being anti-vaccine can harm people beyond those denied the vaccines. Amy's unvaccinated kids will most likely bounce back from the flu with no problem, but because she's in a high risk category, she may not.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Absolom said:

I think she meant she saw him and he was attending that class not that she was also in that class.  It's still very weird to have an acknowledge a crush on such an older guy.  I wonder how much was a revision of actual history.

I had a crush on my 30-something Sunday school teacher when I was 12. That's actually quite normal. What would be beyond creepy is if he had shown interest in me. And David staring at Jill when she was 14 is definitely in the creepy category. Actually, staring at anyone of any age is not acceptable.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, galaxychaser said:

Oh Jill has baby fever. I guess that means she is still trying to get pregnant. 

Watch out Nuri mama might steal your baby! 

You think she hasn't been hoping for another baby as soon as she gave birth to the last one?? She has to be frantic by now. Not much time left to either be "showing" or to make a precious announcement at Nurie's wedding -- which, we can now assume, will likely go ahead no matter how bad things are with COVID-19.

• Love 6

Jill is so blind in her beliefs it doesn’t seem to matter what anyone says. If you try and tell her something different you are a heathen persecuting her. She knows better than everyone else. And her God will save her no matter how stupid she acts. She is spreading God’s word and that is that. Grrr she makes me crazy! She was mildly amusing before but now she is downright dangerous.

• Love 15
On 3/30/2020 at 9:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

That's a wink emoji after saying they love everyone. So is JillR only kidding?

She probably is kidding. That's OK. I don't want or need thoughts and prayers from a couple of assholes.*

*Jill and David, not the unfortunate waif in the photo.

Edited by BradandJanet
clarity
  • Love 16
On 3/28/2020 at 9:35 PM, wilsie said:

Jill R is really a fame-whoring idiot and the people she's with are exceptionally stupid.  To take a chance with your child for a photo op with this miscreant is appalling.   

The picture with the newborn really has me angry.  My first granddaughter was born on Friday.  Luckily my son was able to be there.  They're coming home from the hospital today and I have no idea when I'll be able to hold my precious darling.  It's heartbreaking but necessary.  I'm hoping I can come over and take a look at her through the window, but we're even uncertain about that.  Risking that child and others is just unacceptable. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

The picture with the newborn really has me angry.  My first granddaughter was born on Friday.  Luckily my son was able to be there.  They're coming home from the hospital today and I have no idea when I'll be able to hold my precious darling.  It's heartbreaking but necessary.  I'm hoping I can come over and take a look at her through the window, but we're even uncertain about that.  Risking that child and others is just unacceptable. 

Congratulations on your granddaughter!  I'm glad your son was able to be there.   I'm so sorry you won't get to hold her right now.  You are a loving and unselfish person.  Jill R and company's behavior really is infuriating.  @Temperance mentioned she seems to be baiting people with her posts. 

• Love 21

Yes. Best wishes to the new family @nomades!

My problem is not Jill's ungrammatical, mis-punctuated taunts, it's the photos of those people in proximity--especially children and babies, who have no choice. Jill is neither wise nor compassionate in her actions.

My small town had two know cases of the virus about ten days ago. Now it's over 20. Illness will get to Jill's little corner of Ohio sooner or later. I don't wish misfortune on anyone, even Jill and David, so I'll send a prayer to Odin on their behalf. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Illness will get to Jill's little corner of Ohio sooner or later. I don't wish misfortune on anyone, even Jill and David, so I'll send a prayer to Odin on their behalf. 

from Saturday - it's already in Jill's little corner of the world

WOOSTER — Wayne County Health Commissioner Nick Cascarelli says a third resident of the county has been diagnosed with coronavirus.

A woman in her mid-20s was hospitalized, treated and sent home to recuperate. She is now in isolation.

The commissioner was unsure of how the latest resident contracted the virus.

“I think we’re at a level of community spread right now,” Cascarelli said. “We have community spread all throughout Ohio, and we look at travel, too. I would say, at this point, there may be some Wayne County residents with it who may not even know they have it. Some people can fight this.”

No coronavirus cases have been reported in Holmes County.

• Useful 12
  • Love 1