Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

What an odd-looking group of people. Check out the shrimp with the gun on his belt and tacky 10 Commandments tie. I bet he’s convinced we’re coming for his guns and his religion and decided to coordinate an ensemble to let us know how it’s going down.

I somehow read this as someone with a shrimp belt with a gun on it, and my mind was wild with possibilities with that looked like. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 14

David looks so vacant and dull. So, after they assembled the bags in a very sanitary manner, they hold them with their hands next to their bodies to take selfies?!

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, awaken said:

David looks so vacant and dull. So, after they assembled the bags in a very sanitary manner, they hold them with their hands next to their bodies to take selfies?!

SEVERELY Vacant and Dull. Why haven't they grifted some dental work for him?

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I guess they are like the pastor from Virginia who swore the lort was going to protect him from this virus. He promptly died after he caught it. Guess he got surprised there.

Dear fundies, Science is a thing. 

• Like 12

So David had tried EVERYTHING by the age of 18 to rid himself of the emptiness in his soul. Who thinks he had even had sex by then? And maybe had a drink or two and smoked some pot? Seriously, these people are idiots.

come on David, I want to hear about all the mindless sex and orgies with both men and women and all of the drugs and the wandering from country to country looking for answers!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

49 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So David had tried EVERYTHING by the age of 18 to rid himself of the emptiness in his soul. Who thinks he had even had sex by then? And maybe had a drink or two and smoked some pot? Seriously, these people are idiots.

come on David, I want to hear about all the mindless sex and orgies with both men and women and all of the drugs and the wandering from country to country looking for answers!

I've always been fascinated by some of these overwrought sin stories. I'm a dork, so I don't really have any wild stories, but I come from a long line of hellraisers and miscreants, so I was always a bit underwhelmed anytime I had to sit through any of these "I was a terrible sinner!" spiels. They almost never seemed quite that out there as every one in the congregation seemed to think. LOL

• Like 6
  • Laugh 8

David prob. smoked a cig and drank a drink w caffeine in it.That's what I call living the wild life.Thk God I was delivered.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

3 hours ago, Zella said:

I've always been fascinated by some of these overwrought sin stories. I'm a dork, so I don't really have any wild stories, but I come from a long line of hellraisers and miscreants, so I was always a bit underwhelmed anytime I had to sit through any of these "I was a terrible sinner!" spiels. They almost never seemed quite that out there as every one in the congregation seemed to think. LOL

And certainly almost no one has tried “everything” by the age of 18. It takes most of us a few decades to rack up that kind of experience! 🤣

• Like 6
  • Laugh 9

When were the church photos taken? Lots of hugging and standing close for photos going on. Good thing this virus stuff is just an atheist, liberal hoax that doesn't affect god's chosen ones. 

Smug little guy with the gun, tacky tie, and the Elvis hair is quite the prize. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 8

11 hours ago, Zella said:

I somehow read this as someone with a shrimp belt with a gun on it, and my mind was wild with possibilities with that looked like. 😄 

Same 

• Laugh 4

Just as I thought/ predicted the Rods are continuing to grift/travel and either get sick or spread it around. 😞😞😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

16 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Check out the shrimp with the gun on his belt and tacky 10 Commandments tie.

Little dude needs to read his tie. I'm fairly certain that one of those edicts on that thing says, "Thou shalt not kill." And, like there are no caveats on that directive -- that's exactly what it says, or, rather commands. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Just as I thought/ predicted the Rods are continuing to grift/travel and either get sick or spread it around. 😞😞😞

It just makes me angry . Today was my niece's 7th birthday . She had to postpone her birthday party with her friends and the family get together . She was sad about it but  understands why she can't have that right now . 

• Sad 20

9 minutes ago, lianau said:

It just makes me angry . Today was my niece's 7th birthday . She had to postpone her birthday party with her friends and the family get together . She was sad about it but  understands why she can't have that right now . 

Kudos to your niece and her family! Tell your niece thank-you and Happy Birthday from me!

• Like 12

Jill and family were in a different church singing. I have no words. I really don’t.

The family they are visiting have 7 kids. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 15

That's the church family they visited last week. Not sure about the pic with Jill and the INFANT. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I really think they are low iq or something. Police should guard their house to make sure they don’t go anywhere, and bill them for that. 

Oh Jill has baby fever. I guess that means she is still trying to get pregnant. 

Watch out Nuri mama might steal your baby! 

• Like 19

Jill cares a lot about embryos and fetuses. Once a kid is born, it's just an object to be used. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 15

Jill is stupid and easily misled. She probably too much to our fearless leader. The people she's with probably deserve Jill and each other.  Jill is trying to tell use "see it's okay.  I washed my hands." They also seem to be in some sort of church. Any church that lets people in for no reason during this pandemic is not a church I want to go to (If there's a natural disaster, that would be different). 

There seems to be quite a few fundies who don't take Coronavirus seriously. There have even been a few who died of Coronavirus (none we follow).  Any person who doesn't take Coronavirus seriously is Covidiot. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 6

10 minutes ago, sixlets said:

I want to bitch slap this woman into 2022.  She can wash her hands until they are raw and bleeding and STILL be asymptomatically infected.  What part of stay home does she not understand?  What makes her think she is so special?  She holds that stupid "conference" and then holds a newborn baby!  What.  The .  Fuck?  Maryland just announced 66 positive cases from one nursing home tonight.  How would Jill feel if this was her parent?  I don't think anything is going to convince her that she's not as precious as she thinks.  This is an unjustifiable way to live right now.  It's one thing to be careless when it comes to yourself, but Jill has no right to put others in harm's way.  This woman (and her hideous makeup) pisses me off to no end right now.

The mother is standing right there and deserves just as much credit as Jill if not more.  It's her baby and her decision to come to whatever that place is and hand her baby over. 

• Like 21
  • Sad 5

The pic is from last weekend, but I'm pretty sure that PA was in a shelter in place by then. All of these fools deserve whatever comes their way. I mean the adults. The poor kids (especially that infant) could well be victims of their parents' stupidity.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 10
  • Sad 8

I was going to say that I am going to get down on my two knees in my living room tomorrow, because all of the churches in my area are shut down, and pray for an angel to smack her upside the head before she kills someone, but instead I'll send this song out to Jill who will appreciate the eye make-up and to the rest of you who can appreciate Victor Garber.

• Like 13

I’m quarantined with alcohol, and all I can do is put my head in my hands as my eyes roll back in my head.   

• Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Well it's better than Austin's family who appeared to have hosted a marriage retreat at the family camp this weekend. I can't find anywhere that they cancelled it. Covidiots should be arrested. 

• Like 8
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Well it's better than Austin's family who appeared to have hosted a marriage retreat at the family camp this weekend. I can't find anywhere that they cancelled it. Covidiots should be arrested. 

Jesus. The governor actually banned gathering of 10 or more people a couple of days ago, so it seems like they are actually violating the law with that law. 

He has mentioned he can't stop churches, but he has strongly urged them to follow the recommended guidelines too. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

72EA8CC3-D2AA-4E3C-95F9-9A693C8D925D.jpeg

Followed by Plexus advertisements.

So God and Plexus can save the world?

Someone should turn Jill in for promoting Plexus as a protection from Covid.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Charge them with attempted murder and child endangerment.

I highly doubt Jilly gives her kids the plexus vitamins. 

(I don’t think plexus is actually vitamins at all)

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Jon Shrader,Anna Duggar's bro in law,thinks colloidal silver kills ebola.I'm guessing he thinks it will kill Covid 19 as well.And Jill thinks Plexus will ward it off.Fundies have the dumbest ideas sometimes

• Like 13
  • Surprise 2

On 3/27/2020 at 8:05 PM, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

Look at the neighborhood they decided to bless with their visitation. Really, these are the people you thiNk need the help? So clueless.

• Like 7

I'm almost positive that nobody needs the kind of 'help' the Rods are offering.

• Like 14
  • Laugh 5

Jill should be glad I'm quarantined because her posts are making my slapping hand twitchy. Just because "no one was sick" doesn't seem they weren't carrying around the virus,  you utter moron. 

• Like 24

Well when one member of that family becomes critically ill, she might change her tune. And beg for a ventilator because evidently God doesn't supply or manufacture those. 

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Jill should be glad I'm quarantined because her posts are making my slapping hand twitchy. Just because "no one was sick" doesn't seem they weren't carrying around the virus,  you utter moron. 

Yes. She's bringing out my inner beyotch. Especially all those photos where she's just smooshed her face up against the face(s) of the other(s) in the frame. All the better for viruses to transfer without hands having to be involved. High risk stuff. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

Look at the neighborhood they decided to bless with their visitation. Really, these are the people you thiNk need the help? So clueless.

No, those are the people they want to attend their church. Their Covid Emergency bag is a really just a way to scare people into going to church, where God will save them one way or the other. They're targeting neighborhoods whose tithes will be more substantial than the ones that actually could use some help.

Although, nobody needs any help the Rods are willing to give.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Nysha said:

No, those are the people they want to attend their church. Their Covid Emergency bag is a really just a way to scare people into going to church, where God will save them one way or the other. They're targeting neighborhoods whose tithes will be more substantial than the ones that actually could use some help.

Although, nobody needs any help the Rods are willing to give.

Yes. Cults will take anybody they can get to increase membership, but these groups really want people with money. People with money and education also tend to rise to leadership if they stay in the group, but most leave eventually. 

I was told recently by my nutty evangelical relative that she cannot get covid-19 because god created coronavirus and won't let her get sick because she is a person of true faith. I was floored. She offered to take care of me if I got sick. No. That would be like letting a Rodrigues into my house. 

• Like 7
  • Surprise 8
  • Sad 5

On 3/24/2020 at 2:04 AM, Zella said:

Even by Jill Rod standards, that phrasing is magnificently batshit crazy. I want to steal the line "a very sanitary conference" and just drop it into casual conversation with some unsuspecting soul. 

Someone needs to do a JRod version of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Modern Major General".

"I was a featured speaker at a sanitary conference."

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

Actually, it's Gilbert and Sullivan's, but good idea!  It scans quite nicely.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Actually, it's Gilbert and Sullivan's, but good idea!  It scans quite nicely.

<facepalm> I never was good at remembering these things! "I am the very model of a modern fundie idiot!"

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Jill... You're an idiot. Stay home!  No one wants to hear you  blabbing about Plexus and being saved. 

• Like 18