Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, toodles said:

She is far too  young for hairdo.

Is there some Biblical mandate of which I'm unaware that says Jesus imposes hairstyles from the Steel Magnolias' beauty salon?

5 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

Hey Now!! I'm from KY and there is and was some really good music out of Appalachia...just look to Ken Burns PBS Documentary 🙂 🙂

Yeah my family is originally from Appalachian NC, and I was gonna say, "Let's not tar Appalachia with the goddamn Rodrigueses' incompetence!" LOL

5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

There is about a 7-9 year age difference between them.

Oh that's right--there was the whole creepy story from Jill about him ogling her when she was quite underage and he was 18/19, right? 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Jill was 16ish when they first met. She was married off at 19. I think Shrek was 26ish.

She was 18.  Her wedding was October 4th 1997 and she was born November 3 1978. She would have turned 19 in November after she got married. David was 25. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I could have sworn there was a whole multi-year history before that, which involved her bragging about David eyeballing her, and when we did the math, we were all weirded out. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I could have sworn there was a whole multi-year history before that, which involved her bragging about David eyeballing her, and when we did the math, we were all weirded out. 

AA4AB5A7-EBED-4875-AE03-C9080A6B0EFC.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Tori is lucky she could have her husband with her during L & D. Some areas aren't allowing anyone. Our area allows one person during L & D, then that person has to leave after 2 hours and can't come back.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Tori is lucky she could have her husband with her during L & D. Some areas aren't allowing anyone. Our area allows one person during L & D, then that person has to leave after 2 hours and can't come back.

Does this mean the whole clan wasn’t in the room just moments after the birth? Poor Kelly must have been going crazy, lol. Also, noted People exclusive. Seems like the Duggars don’t get that anymore.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Does this mean the whole clan wasn’t in the room just moments after the birth? Poor Kelly must have been going crazy, lol. Also, noted People exclusive. Seems like the Duggars don’t get that anymore.

I guess she had the baby in an actual hospital. As soon as she goes home everyone will come over to hold the baby.

On tv they are saying 1 person per room or no one is allowed.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, toodles said:

This poor girl has Loretta Lynn hair.  She is far too  young for hairdo.

Is she already showing signs of gray hair or is that just a buildup of hairspray?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

And they were both in the "College and Career Class." Whatever they were studying didn't stick. 

Interesting name for a class. 

Maybe it means that while taking the class you get your college and career out of the way so you can go on in adult life to do something else......

Like grift for a living and eat the whopping majority of the food that ought to be going to your excessive number of children. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

And they were both in the "College and Career Class." Whatever they were studying didn't stick. 

Grifting 101

Moocher 101

No job no problem 101

Evil birth control 101

Intimate touching 101 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Ew, horny 12-year-old Jill stalking a much older and unattainable man. For years. Just so gross.  I take it he’s the only boyfriend she ever had?   And vice versa. Not that I can’t see why. 

I could’ve done without knowing this courtship story. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Interesting name for a class. 

Maybe it means that while taking the class you get your college and career out of the way so you can go on in adult life to do something else......

it used to mean the sunday school class for those that were out of high school and either in college or working. there is a sunday school group for high school and after you graduate you move up to 'college and career'.  then, upon marriage , there are other groups. what i dont understand is how a 14 year old was involved with an older guy in this group -- its not done that way here.

• Love 9

I think she meant she saw him and he was attending that class not that she was also in that class.  It's still very weird to have an acknowledge a crush on such an older guy.  I wonder how much was a revision of actual history.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I don't think it's that weird for a girl that age to have a crush on an older guy--what's creepy as fuck is David seeming to reciprocate and being completely aware of how much younger she was.

I remember being 10/11 and seeing some 20-year old guy at a church function and thinking, "Hot damn!" (I was always a bit of a heathen at heart, I guess.) The difference was he didn't pay me any attention because he wasn't a creep and, you know, I was 10. 

My older brothers are about 10 years older than me. I definitely had crushes on their friends.  No one reciprocated, because that would be creepy.  MrJill probably had no other options.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I'm wondering if they let People in to get pics,or if they sold pics to People

People wouldn't have been allowed in the room with the one person limit. They all sell their pics now anyway. If anyone would have taken pictures, it would have been Taryn, and she offered her congrats in the comments.

1 hour ago, sondraK said:

I'm wondering if they let People in to get pics,or if they sold pics to People

Dr Vick took one picture, and Nurse Ashley took the other.  The credit is under the pictures.

59 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Is it obvious to everyone that David seems to have an obvious mental disability, or is it just me?

Yes,he seems on the slow side.Maybe he has learning disabilities

41 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Dr Vick took one picture, and Nurse Ashley took the other.  The credit is under the pictures.

Thx for that

2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Is it obvious to everyone that David seems to have an obvious mental disability, or is it just me?

It's certainly possible, but if so, it doesn't mitigate any of the creepiness.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

It's hard to say. He never gets to say anything. I guess he preaches at the churches they grift from, but he can just recycle the sermons. Jill-of-All-Trades probably writes them anyway. 

I wonder why Princess of the Universe settled for a plain-looking guy whose background was so "different"? I wonder if her family disapproved and that made her even more determined to get what she wanted. Maybe she also saw David as someone she could control. This is a little like dorky JimBob winning bikini-wearing cheerleader Michelle, but JB took some power. David's got nothing we know about. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

My older brothers are about 10 years older than me. I definitely had crushes on their friends.  No one reciprocated, because that would be creepy.  MrJill probably had no other options.

That's my bet. I doubt there were really any women chasing after him. A man with not the best looks who won't hold a job, and always begging, I mean grifting for money. Jill didn't luck out that was more all women going 'He's all yours'. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's hard to say. He never gets to say anything. I guess he preaches at the churches they grift from, but he can just recycle the sermons. Jill-of-All-Trades probably writes them anyway. 

I wonder why Princess of the Universe settled for a plain-looking guy whose background was so "different"? I wonder if her family disapproved and that made her even more determined to get what she wanted. Maybe she also saw David as someone she could control. This is a little like dorky JimBob winning bikini-wearing cheerleader Michelle, but JB took some power. David's got nothing we know about. 

Its probably the same thing. They both got a hot girl to marry them. 

• Love 1

From their blog:

David grew up in Rochester, NY.  As a young child, David had trials enter his life. David’s dad committed suicide when David was only 5 yrs. old. He did not grow up in a Christian home and at the age of 18 yrs. old, he had pretty much tried everything to satisfy the longing in his soul.

One day when he was hanging out in the mall with his cousin, a man came up to him in the mall and handed him a Gospel tract called God’s Simple Plan of Salvation.  This man went on to explain how David could have eternal life!  Those words, “Eternal Life” stood out in David’s mind.  After the man explained how David could be saved, the mall guard came up and told the man witnessing that he could not do that in the mall.  Although this man’s witness was cut short, it still took root in David’s heart.

A few months later when David arrived home from a party that he went to again to try to fill the longing in his heart, he remembered these man’s words of how to be saved and David knelt down by his bed and asked the Lord Jesus Christ into his heart to save him!!

He has never been the same and God put someone in his path to invite him to a good, Bible-believing Baptist Church.  He grew in the Lord and served God in Rochester, NY for a few more years.  Then, he went to NYC to help a couple of churches there.  He served with the Pete Montoro Family in Astoria, Queens and then the Dana Dice Family in Jamaica, Queens.

David prayed fervently for a wife to serve along side him.  Jill came into his life and after their marriage they have served faithfully in various churches in NY State until God called them to West Virginia.  In NY, David taught a young married couples class for 10 1/2 yrs.  David & Jill’s goals have been to make a difference in the lives of other people for the cause of Christ!!

Jude 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

All glory and praise be to Jesus Christ!!!

• Useful 1

JillRod and hubby are idiots. COVID can live on plastic for up to 72 hours. They could be contaminating the baggies and spreading the virus throughout the entire neighborhood.

They are so lucky they're not knocking on my door.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

The toddler (Janessa?) is a little doll.  The next-to-the-youngest girl (Sofia?), who is maybe FOUR years old, has her hair fixed in a teased bun.  WTF?!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

What an odd-looking group of people. Check out the shrimp with the gun on his belt and tacky 10 Commandments tie. I bet he’s convinced we’re coming for his guns and his religion and decided to coordinate an ensemble to let us know how it’s going down.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

What an odd-looking group of people. Check out the shrimp with the gun on his belt and tacky 10 Commandments tie. I bet he’s convinced we’re coming for his guns and his religion and decided to coordinate an ensemble to let us know how it’s going down.

With us mocking him relentlessly? I’m down for that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I somehow read this as someone with a shrimp belt with a gun on it, and my mind was wild with possibilities with that looked like. 😄 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

David looks so vacant and dull. So, after they assembled the bags in a very sanitary manner, they hold them with their hands next to their bodies to take selfies?!

SEVERELY Vacant and Dull. Why haven't they grifted some dental work for him?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I guess they are like the pastor from Virginia who swore the lort was going to protect him from this virus. He promptly died after he caught it. Guess he got surprised there.

Dear fundies, Science is a thing. 

• Love 12

So David had tried EVERYTHING by the age of 18 to rid himself of the emptiness in his soul. Who thinks he had even had sex by then? And maybe had a drink or two and smoked some pot? Seriously, these people are idiots.

come on David, I want to hear about all the mindless sex and orgies with both men and women and all of the drugs and the wandering from country to country looking for answers!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So David had tried EVERYTHING by the age of 18 to rid himself of the emptiness in his soul. Who thinks he had even had sex by then? And maybe had a drink or two and smoked some pot? Seriously, these people are idiots.

come on David, I want to hear about all the mindless sex and orgies with both men and women and all of the drugs and the wandering from country to country looking for answers!

I've always been fascinated by some of these overwrought sin stories. I'm a dork, so I don't really have any wild stories, but I come from a long line of hellraisers and miscreants, so I was always a bit underwhelmed anytime I had to sit through any of these "I was a terrible sinner!" spiels. They almost never seemed quite that out there as every one in the congregation seemed to think. LOL

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I've always been fascinated by some of these overwrought sin stories. I'm a dork, so I don't really have any wild stories, but I come from a long line of hellraisers and miscreants, so I was always a bit underwhelmed anytime I had to sit through any of these "I was a terrible sinner!" spiels. They almost never seemed quite that out there as every one in the congregation seemed to think. LOL

And certainly almost no one has tried “everything” by the age of 18. It takes most of us a few decades to rack up that kind of experience! 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

When were the church photos taken? Lots of hugging and standing close for photos going on. Good thing this virus stuff is just an atheist, liberal hoax that doesn't affect god's chosen ones. 

Smug little guy with the gun, tacky tie, and the Elvis hair is quite the prize. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6