Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 3/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

That's nowhere near enough food for the amount of people she claims to be feeding. It is enough food for her and Shrek and maybe Nurie and a NotNurie. Fucking idiot.

I went to the grocery on Saturday, and I bought that much, if not more, for TWO people.  It breaks my heart when I think about how little those children get to eat.  I’m 99.9% sure that they stay hungry more often than not and then I look at their lard ass, POS, freeloader father, and I get so angry that I want to explode.  Oh, how I would love to give those loser parents a piece of my mind!🤬

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The "sanitary" conference was a different affair. FJers pinned it down to a church in PA last weekend.

Thanks for the correction. So, after putting on her own conference as the pandemic was getting up steam, she went to another one. 

I wonder whether at that "sanitary" conference, JillR was able to take selfies where she was all smooshed up against other people. I also wonder if even the most diehard fundie evangelical who doesn't believe this virus is a real thing, would jump at a reason to stay six feet away from JillR. Hmm. Maybe that's why she called it "sanitary:" She didn't get to take a bunch of huggy selfies with everyone else in attendance. 😂

Edited by Jeeves
words and such
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

New Post Up on Maxhell: Changing Times, Stay-At-Home:

"Life has seemed to change by the hour over these past two weeks. It became even more real for us this week. Yesterday began our county’s 30-day order of Stay-at-Home.

We’re grateful for all the healthcare workers who are giving of themselves to help those in need. We’re praying for them and those affected by the pandemic.

We’re thankful for family! I can’t imagine how lonely it would be for a single person during this time, so please, reach out to that single person through text, FaceTime, phone call, or a letter to show you care.

Titus2 orders are shipping out as normal, and we’re grateful for the postal system continuing. Literally, overnight the world became homeschoolers, and ladies have expressed their gratefulness for scheduling advice (more coming soon!).

Since kids have more time (okay: I think most everyone does without social activities), we decided to offer Book #1: Summer with the Moodys, for 40% off (limited time). Since the book is set in the summer, even those who normally go to school will love it.

Depending on how long your stay-at-home order is, you could try to make the book last if you read one chapter per day (20 chapters).

We plan to keep the blog updated as our (new) daily life is underway. How are you doing with everything happening? How is it affecting you? And how can we be praying?

Spring is pushing out the cold, winter days, and we’re welcoming it with gratefulness to the Lord Who is so worthy of our worship.

Please remember, share Jesus and His redeeming love with those you see!

Love,
Sarah

“I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep:
for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety”
(Psalm 4:8).

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Sarah must not realize that kids who go to school have access to many more books and no restrictions when it comes to reading. Unless there's a sever shortage at the school library or real libraries no kid is going to pick her book and maybe not even then. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Sarah must not realize that kids who go to school have access to many more books and no restrictions when it comes to reading. Unless there's a sever shortage at the school library or real libraries no kid is going to pick her book and maybe not even then. 

My students also have an unbelievable number of books online too. Every day I’m getting another email about a new site that’s offering books online. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

My students also have an unbelievable number of books online too. Every day I’m getting another email about a new site that’s offering books online. 

One of my coworkers today told me that the Arkansas State library system has added thousands of digital books to Overdrive/Libby due to coronavirus to ensure people can keep reading. So, yeah, even kids who are homeschooled but use their public libraries still have options beyond the Maxwell's book. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Please don't.

/single person

The strange part is that Sarah, who wrote the post, is single. She is not married nor in a relationship as far as we know. Her siblings Anna, Jesse, and Mary are also single. She meant that she's glad she still lives with her parents and other unmarried siblings. 

Sarah also says that Anna Marie who had her cancer surgery a month ago, is "working to decide on treatment. We'll have an update soon."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Amy Foster (Jill's sister) update.

Mama Noyes (their mother) posted in the women's conference FB group that Amy's kids were sick (posted the other day) with the flu. Amy has developed a bad cough which is dangerous due to her lack of strength. This could develop into pneumonia. Mama asks for prayers.I

Going to that conference (with your kids in tow) was a very, very bad decision.

Edited by Sew Sumi

The video is horrendous. Those miserable looking children just break my heart.

I firmly believe that jill will be fucking delighted if her sister dies for then she can be a MARTYR forever.

...I’ll see myself out to the prayer closet

• Love 11

I think Jill may have met her match with COVID. It'll be interesting to see how she will try use it for grifting. Unfortunately for her everyone is dealing with similar issues.

I imagine few churches will be inviting (or taking pity on) the Rod family to perform. So if they have no income other than maybe some profit from the sale of their home, what will they do?

I do hope, for the sake of the kids, Jill figures out something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

I must have bad taste because I actually enjoyed this song 😄 Jill did explain it was practice, so that may explain why the kids didn't have their "performance faces" on. I like that style of music and the girl-singer's caterwauling kind of worked for me - it seemed like something out of a movie. It didn't seem particularly "Christian," more kind of honky-tonk.

• Love 6

Jill probably hoping her fans will send her food as gifts . Nathan probably is sending Nuri pizza or beef jerky. 

If Jill accidentally kills Amy or anyone else,  she won’t care. She is not a good person. She only loves herself and David. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The little ones look like hostages 😭

The little girl wearing the too big dirty looking light green satin dress breaks my heart. She is fiddling with the neckline & front of the dress through the entire song.  The dress' lace & material looks very scratchy & uncomfortable to me. She is probably trying to fix it & make it lay better so it doesn't bother her. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

If Jill accidentally kills Amy or anyone else,  she won’t care. She is not a good person. She only loves herself and David. 

Sadly, I think this is true. If Jill has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which is possible based on her behavior, she is incapable of empathy. On some level, everyone in the family knows that pandering to Jill is the key to their survival. Dealing with a narcissist is an exhausting full-time job. 

• Love 13

In happy news, Sarah Mally, author of Before You Meet Prince Charming, is going ahead with her May 2nd wedding by making crucial changes.  She and her fiance will livestream the wedding for most of their guests. They seem to be aware and sensible in the face of Coronavirus. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, MunichNark said:

The video is horrendous. Those miserable looking children just break my heart.

I firmly believe that jill will be fucking delighted if her sister dies for then she can be a MARTYR forever.

...I’ll see myself out to the prayer closet

My SEVERELY dead sister wanted me to sing this song at PRECIOUS Nurie's wedding to Anny DUGGAR'S brother. 

Can I be your second person in that closet ?

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, lianau said:

My SEVERELY dead sister wanted me to sing this song at PRECIOUS Nurie's wedding to Anny DUGGAR'S brother. 

Can I be your second person in that closet ?

That would be quite tasteful over going the “alas, poor Yorick” route.

I’ll join you in the closet. 

• Love 4

WOOSTER — Wayne County has its first confirmed case of coronavirus.

The Wayne County Health Department announced in a news release Tuesday that it had received notice of a COVID-19 case. The individual is in his or her mid-40s and is not hospitalized.

The health agency released no other details about the individual or circumstances, and health officials were unavailable for comment.

Jrod better be a bit more careful about dragging those kids to Aldis

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 2/17/2020 at 5:43 PM, Oldernowiser said:

She looks like she put on her makeup six Budweisers down. In the dark.

And then staggered back to the Dew Drop In Bar ‘n’ Grill to grift drinks from lonely truckers and then fall asleep slumped over the bar while the stoic bartender wiped down the bar around her and hoped she would wake up before closing.

In short: that is not a good look.

She looks like she's about to pull the 2pm shift at Bob's Bait & Tackle & Gentleman's Club, right off highway 45.

• LOL 18
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The Wayne County Health Department announced in a news release Tuesday that it had received notice of a COVID-19 case. The individual is in his or her mid-40s and is not hospitalized.

The health agency released no other details about the individual or circumstances, and health officials were unavailable for comment.

Jill doesn't care about anybody but Jill. Maybe David... but definitely it's all about Jill.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

How old are Jill and David?

4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

My god! They sound like they just crawled out of 1920’s Appalachia! 

Hey Now!! I'm from KY and there is and was some really good music out of Appalachia...just look to Ken Burns PBS Documentary 🙂 🙂

• Love 17

From ancestry.com

Kolter Name Meaning. ... from Middle High German, Middle Low German kolter 'plowshare' (Latin culter), hence a metonymic occupational name for a maker of plows, a plowman, or possibly for an arable farmer.

From babycenter.com;

Baby Names 

Kolter boy’s name meaning, origin

What does Kolter mean?

Young horse

Origin

English

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 7