Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

3 hours ago, On the Bias said:

"Renee, you have always been such a servant ever since you were small."  Alas.  

Now go fetch daddy’s snacks!

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 7

Before I read that it was Renee, the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture was that it was some woman they knew. To me she looked like she was in her thirties.

And I'd bet Jill is the PROFESSIONAL photographer that took those pictures. They are truly awful!

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If it makes you feel any better I have an area rug that at least three Duggars own. Mercifully it’s in a powder room I don’t use often but I glare at it every time.

And don't forget some of us share the same birthdays with the Duggars, incl myself.

53 minutes ago, beckie said:

Before I read that it was Renee, the first thing I thought when I saw the first picture was that it was some woman they knew. To me she looked like she was in her thirties.

And I'd bet Jill is the PROFESSIONAL photographer that took those pictures. They are truly awful!

I thought the same thing. She looks like she could be going to her 20th school reunion instead of graduating. 

BTW, do any of her followers comment on how much crap she has in the bathroom?  I'm sure she turns the comments off if they are negative & only let's the positive ones through. 

• Like 6

I can't take credit for noticing this first, but one reason the pictures look "off" is that Renée's hair is altered to be darker and thicker. I think her head may have been enlarged in some of them, lines in the background that should be straight are curved around the top of her head.

In the third photo, the shadow of a smartphone is clearly visible on the right. Jill used a similar photo in the Instagram story, and in that one, the phone shadow is cast over part of Renée's face. 

• Useful 11

I swear I’m hearing the auctioneer’s voice over those photos...

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

• Laugh 8
  • Sad 19

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

So, basically this is Jill's idea of creating Renee's ChristianMingle profile on IG. 

Glamour Shots gone wild!

• Like 4
  • Laugh 11

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

And don't forget some of us share the same birthdays with the Duggars, incl myself.

I thought the same thing. She looks like she could be going to her 20th school reunion instead of graduating. 

BTW, do any of her followers comment on how much crap she has in the bathroom?  I'm sure she turns the comments off if they are negative & only let's the positive ones through. 

Comments are turned off.

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

”Here we have a fine young mare. Dressed out weight, 80 pounds, height 5 foot, servant’s heart, proven breeding stock, thick glossy coat, comes with 15 pound Bible. Bidding starts at a hundred.”

I’m still giggling. I know Jilly thinking exactly that. 

• Laugh 3

3 hours ago, beckie said:

I'll give her this, I'm sure she took those pics on her phone, but she did a better job than someone I know who actually claims to be a photographer and charges people. That woman's portfolio is full of double chins and muffin tops. Granted, Renee is so thin there's not a double chin or muffin top to be had on her, but other than weird angles of her head, they could be worse. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

So, basically this is Jill's idea of creating Renee's ChristianMingle profile on IG. 

Glamour Shots gone wild!

Her head looks way too big for her emaciated body.  And JRod took everyone of those pics.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

David and Jill went out to dinner. Didn’t mention taking any of the kids with them. 

They’d better be saving their money.  It may be months before they can go from church to church, grifting meals and relying on love offerings to pay the bills.

• Like 16
  • Useful 3

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

You forgot chaste.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

The last picture looks like a really bad photoshop.  If it's real she must be a neck contortionist.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Glamour Shots gone wild!

Chaste and meek? She's definitely getting her ready for market

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

36 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe she photoshopped Jazz Jennings face onto the body?

JillR would faint if even her cursor got that close to Jazz. 

• Laugh 8

The Internet may shame her and Shrek into actually feeding their children. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

I love how she asks "How about you?" but turns off the comments. 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 20

I shop at Aldi. We are a family of 6.  Her cart is barely enough for 2 weeks for us and I make normal meals plus usually (not now, obviously) the 3 oldest boys eat lunch at school.  She must be planning on shopping at Aldi every week and social distancing be damned!  Based on my experience, that cart tells me they don’t feed their kids very much at all. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 10

7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That chin on the hand pose always bugs. Nobody does this in life.

I think it’s to show off the purity ring. 

7 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I shop at Aldi. We are a family of 6.  Her cart is barely enough for 2 weeks for us and I make normal meals plus usually (not now, obviously) the 3 oldest boys eat lunch at school.  She must be planning on shopping at Aldi every week and social distancing be damned!  Based on my experience, that cart tells me they don’t feed their kids very much at all. 

I keep looking at all that chunky soup. She could feed her family so much healthier and cheaper making homemade soup. I wonder how many kids she stretches each can to feed. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

Well at least the kids will get a 1/2 cup of canned soup and a cream puff if they say their prayers.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 5

I think you’ve all misunderstood, that’s *David’s* basket, the children get nothing. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 13

Jill definitely reads this site. One can of soup for the kids to share.  The older ones will fast for Jesus. 

• Sad 7

On 3/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Chicklet said:

Oh antivaxxers are already out in force complaining about the yet to be developed vaccine. I've read about a few. And NIH is already starting clinical trials.

Just put them all on an island and let them be. Then our herd immunity won't be compromised. I have a niece who had a liver transplant last year not to mention several older relatives who are susceptible so they can't make it happen soon enough.

I hear you, @Chicklet. I have a mother who is HIV+ (has been for 24 years now!) and she has pneumonia right now. It’s killing my fiancé and I to be apart but I’m with her, making sure she’s taken care of. I hope your niece and other family are all staying safe! 🙂

• Like 14
  • Sad 11

9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Lydia of Purple did it better. Suck it JRod. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

That's nowhere near enough food for the amount of people she claims to be feeding. It is enough food for her and Shrek and maybe Nurie and a NotNurie. Fucking idiot.

• Like 11

Jill must have TONS of footage. What's up with the picture dump today?

• Like 2

“Rest your fevered minds”???!!!  A VERY sanitary conference!  😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

I love how Jill speaks to the rest of us sluttish dressers and heathens,whose kids stay on ipads and electronics all day,turning their brains to mush 

Edited by sondraK
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, awaken said:

“Rest your fevered minds”???!!!  A VERY sanitary conference!  😂

Even by Jill Rod standards, that phrasing is magnificently batshit crazy. I want to steal the line "a very sanitary conference" and just drop it into casual conversation with some unsuspecting soul. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 19

I feel bad for Renee.  I think she has grown into a really pretty girl, but my goodness that hair and make up just ruin her.  She seems very eager to please her mother, too, which really makes me sad because I don't think that's possible.  I really hope she doesn't hear about the comments criticizing her pictures because it's definitely not her fault they came out like that.  

• Like 23

The big yellow bag in the bottom of the cart is rice? 

Those creme puffs are delicious 😋. Sadly doubt the kids will get any.

• Sad 5

21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

That chin on the hand pose always bugs. Nobody does this in life.

I agree. I also don't care for the pictures of Renee in front of the pond with scum on top. There had to be a better location.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Normades said:

I feel bad for Renee.  I think she has grown into a really pretty girl, but my goodness that hair and make up just ruin her.  She seems very eager to please her mother, too, which really makes me sad because I don't think that's possible.  I really hope she doesn't hear about the comments criticizing her pictures because it's definitely not her fault they came out like that.  

i feel bad for her a bit too. in so many pics she seems to have been directed to do some pose that mama wants, but is unnatural to Renee and then she's told to smile.

to me, in each pic her face and her eyes seem afraid  "like this you mean?' or "am i doing it right?" and with that fear of doing it wrong she is weirdly posed and told to smile.

I think maybe that's why the pics seem so awkward

• Like 9
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, Normades said:

Holy 80s hair!!!

• Laugh 5

Renee's "holding the lamp" pose is particularly ill-advised.

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

51 minutes ago, Portia said:

Renee's "holding the lamp" pose is particularly ill-advised.

Directly following the "highlighting the untouched and empty quiver while wearing a maternity-friendly schmatta " shot.

Big Dave is using his little Twiggy to camouflage his ready-to chow-down gut.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

What kind of mother repeatedly puts her kids' lives at risk during a pandemic? And for what, music lessons, Walmart and the grocery store?

• Sad 13

If all schools are online and most businesses closed, what kind of job could Timmy have, to have to return to whatever state his school is in?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

On Reddit people were saying that back when the Duggars just started their specials they would go shop and had multiple carts full of food and this were normal shopping trips. Their family at the time was roughly the same as the Rods are now. The Rods cart is full of sugary, processed junk. No fruit or veg in sight fresh, frozen or even canned. There appears to be one loaf of bread for all of them. Please Jill, you are not fooling any of us.

Also, make your own damn soup. It will be more nutritious and way cheaper than those cans

• Like 18

It’s recommended one person go shopping. Rest stay home. Betcha everyone was there touching everything.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

If any one person in that family picks up coronavirus, it will spread through the whole group like wildfire. They live on top of each other, they're out in places they shouldn't be, the kids are undernourished, and I doubt there's much washing and sanitizing. Best Mama and Best Papa are too uneducated and self-centered to believe it could happen to them, but given the projections, it most certainly could. Nurie should elope and get out now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If all schools are online and most businesses closed, what kind of job could Timmy have, to have to return to whatever state his school is in?

Maybe he's secretly fleeing.....Because he can't openly say he'd rather be somewhere other than with Jill.....he's too cowed and brainwashed .... But a big part of him wants to be....So he's inventing a false excuse to get away? 

He has left home and gone quite a distance in search of a quixotic career dream....and done it twice even though the first time was probably a humiliating disaster.......So I can see him living kind of a double life as he gradually tries to shed his Stockholm syndrome, poor little sucker. ... 

Hey, it could be true! I so much want more for all these kids.....And the "more" is out there -- difficult as it would/will be for any of them to eventually get it ... 

This is my second cherished-delusion post in about 5 minutes. I really really want more for these kids.....And I can't believe that there are none of them who want it, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 19