Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

The Maxwells have a post on homeschooling and things to do while school is out. They always homeschool. However this blog post is good. Even though it's typical Maxwellian, it may be helpful for parents whose kids are home for the rest of the year.

No news from/about Anna Marie, but probably there will be soon.

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell also has a new post on her blog about motherhood, marriage and pregnancy. She is quite the fundie mother about everything. The blogpost is too long to put all here. She is currently 27 weeks pregnant.  Her oldest is about 14 months old.  She likes to give Axton raw cow's milk to drink, which she gets from a local dairy farm.

Here is excerpt from her post:

"Motherhood is amazing. A number of people have asked me if having babies this close together is an overwhelming thought for me. Honestly, it isn't! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will have moments, especially in those early days of adjusting to caring for two babies instead of just one! But I saw my own mother have five babies in six years, and if I can do it with half the grace and energy she did, I'll be just fine. 😃 I suppose I would be much more overwhelmed depending on what kind of a child my current son was, but we have been pretty intentional in ordering his life, and not letting him run ours, and as a result, he is a super happy and very scheduled little guy. I don't say that in a prideful way, at all-there have been many learning moments for me and many times when consistency has stretched me as a mama! I have failed often and growing in this is a continual process. But having him on a schedule early on, and giving him a little life of order and routine, has paid off HUGE dividends in our quality of life now, and I am confidant that will just continue as we transition this summer into life with two babies."

To see the full blogpost, you can google Chelsyrenee and the blog should come up. The rest of the post from here is just we are so blessed with babies and marriage.

The Bontragers had to cancel their singing tour. They were intending to head to Bolivia, which apparently has some Mennonites living there. I didn't know that. (The Bontrager parents were Mennonites when they were children.) 

• Useful 2

Bolivia closed its borders Thursday. I guess the Bontragers couldn't get there before that. 

Edited by Sew Sumi · Reason: Thursday is still yesterday here, it not East coast
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Unless a sweet friend buys them food the kids aren’t going to get enough. 

I really worry about that right now for those kids. I mean, Jill's fucking crazy enough to do anything, but I could definitely see them not getting fed well indefinitely while the pandemic keeps the Rods at home. 

• Sad 11

48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bolivia closed its borders Thursday. I guess the Bontragers couldn't get there before that. 

I think the Bontragers were probably planning not to go after this last week. It probably didn't matter than Bolivia closed it's borders. 

• Like 1

As of Tuesday, the trip was still a go. I saw an IG post Thursday morning that said they weren't going. It seems to have been a last minute call. Who knows when they found out the borders were closing. Wednesday?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

As of Tuesday, the trip was still a go. I saw an IG post Thursday morning that said They weren't going. It seems to have been a last minute call.

Did they actually say they were still going like on Instagram or something or was the information just still listed on their website? It may be that they just needed to notify venues/contacts in Bolivia before they made the official announcement. 

I'm still amazed that many women showed up for Jill's retreat.  How much did it cost? 

• Like 3

There was no indication from them that they weren't going until they made the IG post. I don't read the sister's blog, so I don't know what, if any show cancellations were made in Bolivia. I only heard about the border closure on Tuesday; who knows when the Bontragers found out and cancel with the airline and hotel(s).

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ooops posted out of order....

7C469B08-FA08-4480-B7A5-1040C9B57B23.jpeg

This little girl’s complexion just doesn’t look healthy at all.  Plus the little bags under her eyes 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

This little girl’s complexion just doesn’t look healthy at all.  Plus the little bags under her eyes 😢

Don't they ALL have bags under their eyes?

But she does have her Jackie Kennedy cocktail dress on.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

None of those kids posing with the magic vitamins appear to actually be eating them. 

...I was just wondering- when a vaccination is finally developed and available (for the Corona 19 virus) how will the anti vaxers respond? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

I may be overreacting and I don't have kids, but I can't believe Jill let that tiny girl play on a dirty ladder on its side. That ladder probably outweighs that child and could have easily fallen over on her and injured her. Idiots.

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

Oh antivaxxers are already out in force complaining about the yet to be developed vaccine. I've read about a few. And NIH is already starting clinical trials.

Just put them all on an island and let them be. Then our herd immunity won't be compromised. I have a niece who had a liver transplant last year not to mention several older relatives who are susceptible so they can't make it happen soon enough.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

She doesn't look healthy and she doesn't look cared for. Somebody should wash and comb her hair. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 9

18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

She doesn't look healthy and she doesn't look cared for. Somebody should wash and comb her hair. 

Not Nuri job! MAMA is busy taking a bath 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, drafan said:

Don't they ALL have bags under their eyes?

But she does have her Jackie Kennedy cocktail dress on.

I know. What the heck is that?

• Laugh 5

17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Here I go again. Jill is bragging because her child is stuck in a crowded van playing for three days with a dirty ladder and a bunch of building supplies (paint cans, solder, etc.) However, the children of normal parents who have normal lives have mushy brains. If anyone has a mushy brain, it's the narcissistic mother of these poor, undernourished, uneducated kids. 

How's Tim doing in school, Jill? 

She's not in a van, she's pretending the ladder is a van. It looks like it's in their living room judging by the carpet and recliner. 

Too many pics of the kids basically sucking on their fingers to eat those vitamins. 

• Like 7

On 3/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, ginger90 said:

5 pictures, including 1 video:

Yikes!! 😟 

• Like 4

Should I feel ashamed for liking the gray with pops of yellow? I feel like I've crossed over to the dark side.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Should I feel ashamed for liking the gray with pops of yellow? I feel like I've crossed over to the dark side.

It looks better than the other two, but who needs so much crap in the bathroom?

• Like 14

There is far too much clutter in that bathroom. 

So they framed it out themselves, on top of the black and white tile? Does that mean you have to step up to get into the bathroom? And for framing it out themselves it seems poorly laid out. Lots of extra corners. My brain can't conceptualize the footprint.

And is that a breaker box? In the bathroom? Is that code?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

What other responsibilities? He got no JOB. 

He has to hit the printer button.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • Laugh 8

8 minutes ago, McManda said:

And is that a breaker box? In the bathroom? Is that code?

Code, Schmode. They are SEVERELY Godly people who do not need fancy things like houses build according to code.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

Did she surround the breaker box with fake flowers?? And I'll bet $50 David didn't get permits for any of that.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

WAAAAAY too much crap. Every time someone flushes all those tzotchkes are going to be receiving a fine aerosol spray of e coli. Have she learned nothing the last few weeks?

• Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Why is there a chair and pillows in the bathroom? Yep everything will be covered with E. coli. E. coli or coronavirus. 

Permits what’s that 😂 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

WAAAAAY too much crap. Every time someone flushes all those tzotchkes are going to be receiving a fine aerosol spray of e coli. Have she learned nothing the last few weeks?

It's Jill. More is more. 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

There's no place in that home where Mr Rod and the girls could sit comfortably and read?

• Sad 14

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's no place in that home where Mr Rod and the girls could sit comfortably and read?

Really! He's sitting while they stand next to him...

Still, I'm rather surprised that Cinderella is considered an appropriate story in their household. 

• Like 10

17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Read that last line. Im really starting to think Silly Jilly is a lurker around here. Not the first time she has posted something to "debunk" a comment written here almost immediately. Reading her own press. Something else to occupy her time when she should be feeding her malnourished brats.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

He is such a fat ass. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

I'm going to explode with anger. Really, literally about to explode. This ugly obese SLOB whose fucking leg is bigger than a single daughter can sit his fat arse down while his unkempt, dirty starving children stand there in this clutter??

I'm raging. These poor children need to be taken away to good loving homes, washed and fed and comforted.

..............we're on lockdown here due to the effing virus which is sapping all of my strength (as I have anxiety issues) so my patience is running thin. I may swear more than usual..

• Like 18
  • Sad 7

11 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It looks better than the other two, but who needs so much crap in the bathroom?

Of course it looks better , it's Jill and Shrek's . 

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, emma675 said:

I may be overreacting and I don't have kids, but I can't believe Jill let that tiny girl play on a dirty ladder on its side. That ladder probably outweighs that child and could have easily fallen over on her and injured her. Idiots.

I agree.  I know Jill wanted to show us how cute & creative Sofia was unlike our children who sit in front of electronic screens.  Regarding the safety of Sofia's idea -- Maybe she could have shown us one picture of Sofia & the stuffed animals on the ladder but then added that her idea was unsafe so they lined up and made a new "van" out of chairs and showed us a picture.   My son & his cousins loved to play "bus" like this (& other imaginative games) when they were little.   BTW Jill, they also sat in front of electronic screens growing up and still managed to become contributing members of society when they became adults. 

• Like 8

David will have to read the 23rd Psalm every time he pees. (Her wall decor with The Lord is my Shepherd.......on it)

Edited by Barb23
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

His daughter's are so tiny he could have had two or three of them on his lap while reading.....oh wait.....

• Laugh 2

You guys, the bathroom is worse than we thought. 

Why are there TWO seating areas in the bathroom? Why is one in a closet? Why is one OPPOSITE THE TOILET? Why is the edge of the vanity so close to the toilet?

3F614202-A745-48DF-AFFE-002B98F50A2E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1