Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If the CDC extends their recommendation against gatherings of more than 25 people into the summer; Jill is going to be screeching about how Satan has built a fortress around her wedding.

She'll ignore the warnings and have her cast of thousands wedding extravaganza anyway.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, definitely.  And every single one of Anna's kids will be given roles as ring bearer(s), flower girls, pages or just dragged down the aisle in a wagon.

Well, it's one way to try and ensure Duggar attendance.  It also puts Anna in a difficult position because I doubt she wants to tell her brother that they can't participate.  Plus what else do these people have to do.  I think if by any chance Anna's kids don't participate, she'll hit up Pris and Pecan.  I think David has actual manners and definitely won't say no. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

Well, it's one way to try and ensure Duggar attendance.  It also puts Anna in a difficult position because I doubt she wants to tell her brother that they can't participate.  Plus what else do these people have to do.  I think if by any chance Anna's kids don't participate, she'll hit up Pris and Pecan.  I think David has actual manners and definitely won't say no. 

I honestly don't think it is an issue of manners to tell them no. I politely bowed out of participating in a friend's wedding because a) I thought her husband to be was a disaster (time has proven me right) and b) I thought the wedding was going to be a logistical nightmare (correct again). I politely made my excuses and we are still friends, but I wasn't subjecting myself to that shitshow. My theory on social interaction has always been I'm not jeopardizing my mental health to avoid hurting the feelings of someone who is a toxic asshole. 

All of that is to say, I really don't subscribe to the view that you have to put up with assholes like Jill out of good manners. You can be tactful in making your excuses and preserve your sanity. If the rest of the family doesn't want to get warped into Jill's world--and I don't blame them--they can politely bow out of participating as attendants even if they otherwise attend. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I honestly don't think it is an issue of manners to tell them no.

I realized that didn't come out exactly the way I wanted it to.  Of course, you're right, it's not bad manners to decide to not be a part of a wedding party.  I just think David might be a little more sensitive to optics and I also think they are close to Nathan, since he has been shown spending time at their home, on trips, etc.  I think he (and Pris) would would be concerned about how Nathan would feel about them declining and would participate even if they weren't 100% on board.  I don't see Anna thinking that way.  YMMV

I apologize for the manners comment.  I guess clarity isn't my strong suit today.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Normades said:

I realized that didn't come out exactly the way I wanted it to.  Of course, you're right, it's not bad manners to decide to not be a part of a wedding party.  I just think David might be a little more sensitive to optics and I also think they are close to Nathan, since he has been shown spending time at their home, on trips, etc.  I think he (and Pris) would would be concerned about how Nathan would feel about them declining and would participate even if they weren't 100% on board.  I don't see Anna thinking that way.  YMMV

I apologize for the manners comment.  I guess clarity isn't my strong suit today.

No worries--I understand completely what you mean about the optics. I agree David does probably care more about that. 

• Love 4

Think about this from Jill’s grifting POV. Yes, the Duggars were Gothard royalty, and she’ll see Anna and kids as a prize. But David Waller is now running the Gothard circus. Maybe in Jill’s grifting mind the Wallers are a bigger “get.” 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

New blog post up on the Maxwell website. I'm posting the exact text. I disagree with Steve Maxwell. He's a jerk and that's putting it mildly. He's not the first evangelical to take advantage of people scared of coronavirus and he won't be the last. 

"Possible Good From the Coronavirus by Steve Maxwell

These are historic times. Since the 50’s, generations have been shielded from epidemics and significant consumer shortages, except for the “gas crunch” in the 70’s. If you have the money, you can buy what you want. 

Media-hype over the coronavirus has induced shortages country wide. This seems to come as quite a shock to most US citizens who are accustomed to full shelves at the grocery store. People are afraid of not having food and supplies they are accustomed to and ultimately of getting the virus. 

There is a silver lining. Previously, many who might have had little concern about dying are now thinking about it as evidenced by their fear in contracting the virus.

What might you do in addition to taking recommended safeguards?

1. Make a list of people who you suspect might not be saved.   

2. Earnestly pray for them daily. Are there things you might do to help them?

3. Seek a time when you can have a heart-to-heart talk with them regarding Jesus Christ. "                                                    

Steve Maxwell, you are a TWAT. Shove it up your ass.

That would be my advice to him in regard to his worthless advice. But what do I know?! I don’t have a direct dial Bat Phone to Christ like he does!

Edited by Enya Face
Name spelling. Sorry!!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Think about this from Jill’s grifting POV. Yes, the Duggars were Gothard royalty, and she’ll see Anna and kids as a prize. But David Waller is now running the Gothard circus. Maybe in Jill’s grifting mind the Wallers are a bigger “get.” 🤷‍♀️

I think Jill would love a TV "ministry" like the Duggars have so she can become rich and famous. David and Pris don't have that. Still, Jill will settle if she must.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

but David Waller is not as well known to the masses Jill might wish to grift from.

He has no TV show and no planes that might be finagled to get her family away from the RV and start flying around the country to do their grifting

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jesus forgave him and will continue to forgive anything ad infinitum.

Exactly. She was all proud to say that a restaurant was where Josh proposed to Anna. 

WTF. That is not a marriage that you should be gloating about.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm wondering what JillR's thoughts are in regard to Josh.

Probably similar to those she has about her orange idol.

I found job opportunities for the Rods in Wooster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkyc.com/amp/article/news/local/ohio/gojo-seeking-employees-for-wooster-facility-amid-purell-demand/95-499e99c7-1edb-43fb-91ba-a52e70a43420

0AFD0E7A-1043-48C1-920E-C78302565DB1.png

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

If the CDC extends their recommendation against gatherings of more than 25 people into the summer; Jill is going to be screeching about how Satan has built a fortress around her wedding.

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

She'll ignore the warnings and have her cast of thousands wedding extravaganza anyway.

If things go that badly, everyone including Jill R will have a lot of bigger problems beyond trying to hold this wedding. For example, I imagine it will be harder to grift during this mess.  Jill likes to travel, I imagine this will hard for her. 

I don't particularly pity Jill R, but I'm praying this will end soon. 

• Love 5
On 3/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, galaxychaser said:

I’m sure Jill will post a registry on her social media soon. 

Of course, she will along with an invitation for Nurie's wedding that would welcome everyone and anyone because grifting can't happen without advertising.

• LOL 3
On 3/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, Enya Face said:

Steve Maxwell, you are a TWAT. Shove it up your ass.

That would be my advice to him in regard to his worthless advice. But what do I know?! I don’t have a direct dial Bat Phone to Christ like he does!

Slightly off topic, but my pastor (Methodist) was astounded to hear from a member of one of the nondenominational churches in our town that her (this other person's) church was better because they had a direct line to God, unlike "us" backward mainline denominations. Pastor laughed at this. I asked if this person had ever heard of the Reformation?? But there are doubtless other nondenom-types and clearly the Maxwells and Rodrigues families believe they know the "right" way to the "right" God. Everyone else is wrong and going to burn in hell.

Edited by LilJen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Isn’t Steve sick? Heart problems or something. He is at a higher risk to get sick. Jesus will protect him! What a dork.

As far as I can tell, Steve does believe that coronavirus exists and is dangerous. I get the sense he thinks his family is relatively safe and they do self-isolate. Apparently they do go to church, but that may be cancelled now. Some of the churches in our area held services yesterday only to announce they will be discontinued now. No idea if Steve's church is doing something similar. 

As sad as it is, Steve is at least ten steps up from the idiots who think it's a hoax like the Caldwells, Tom Mills, etc.  Steve is a judgmental jerk, who thinks people should all share his beliefs. It's telling there's only 5 comments in reply to the latest blog post. I would bet Steve refused to post a lot of comments telling him what an ass he's being. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I’ve read a lot of weddings are being postponed due to the virus, which is of course a sensible plan. Do we think it will affect any of these fundie nuptials?  The government is now burning calories and more than 10 people, and these weddings are just huge breeding grounds, in more ways than one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’ve read a lot of weddings are being postponed due to the virus, which is of course a sensible plan. Do we think it will affect any of these fundie nuptials?  The government is now burning calories and more than 10 people, and these weddings are just huge breeding grounds, in more ways than one.

We only have Nurie and Nathan at the moment and it might affect their wedding (last rumored to be in July). I hope things will calm down by then.  Michelle Seewald is getting married in October and I hope it's not like this in October. It might affect Sarah Mally's wedding set for beginning of May. No Duggar or Bates is engaged and only teenagers Katie Bates and her man are officially courting. 

Please God let there be an end to Coronavirus soon. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Banning gatherings of more than 10 people. Not burning calories. Gotta love AutoCorrect! 😂

Not burning more than 10 people along with the calories either. 😂

(Don't worry too much about the typos. I've made enough myself.)

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 5

Jill's new Amish daughter

I think I have figured out why their poor little girl keeps wearing a crazy ass bonnet. Jill's hoping she ends up just glomming onto an Amish family. She's got daughters to marry off and kids to feed. When I worked in an Amish community, I never saw any Amish kids looking anywhere near as unhealthy as the JRod kids look. Amish women would plump them up in no time, have them looking healthy, and they could actually learn some useful skills.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Jill's new Amish daughter

I think I have figured out why their poor little girl keeps wearing a crazy ass bonnet. Jill's hoping she ends up just glomming onto an Amish family. She's got daughters to marry off and kids to feed. When I worked in an Amish community, I never saw any Amish kids looking anywhere near as unhealthy as the JRod kids look. Amish women would plump them up in no time, have them looking healthy, and they could actually learn some useful skills.

Maybe the malnutrition has lead to hair loss?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Nice JillR. Your leader advises to avoid gatherings of ten people or more, so you arrive at Walmart with fifteen people. 

No one ever accused JRod of being smart. Apparently, that also includes the ability to count. 🙄

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, LilJen said:

Slightly off topic, but my pastor (Methodist) was astounded to hear from a member of one of the nondenominational churches in our town that her (this other person's) church was better because they had a direct line to God, unlike "us" backward mainline denominations. I asked if she'd ever heard of the Reformation?? But there are doubtless other nondenom-types and clearly the Maxwells and Rodrigues families believe they know the "right" way to the "right" God. Everyone else is wrong and going to burn in hell.

Thank you for that, @LilJen. I hope you weren’t offended by my angry remark. I absolutely appreciate your insight 🙂

2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Please remind me of all the things her sweet son has accomplished in his twenty short years?  🤣

Gave her built a bear on his 15th birthday. Flowers and crappy gifts. Takes his sister on a date. Tells mama how much he loves her. 
Any money he gets is given to mama. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Gave her built a bear on his 15th birthday. Flowers and crappy gifts. Takes his sister on a date. Tells mama how much he loves her. 
Any money he gets is given to mama. 

Jill's a very good programmer. She should think about a future in the computer industry. 

Her kids break my heart. 

Edited by Churchhoney

So, Tim's gone back to Wisconsin according to Jill's post above. He's not going there to attend classes, because Fox Valley Technical College is on extended spring break which started yesterday and extends through March 29. Maybe he has a job? 

ETA: I suppose JillR may have posted yesterday about something that happened several days ago - but if it's a current post Tim is certainly not doing school right now.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

4 pictures:

Just as a refresher, this was held March 13-14.

So . . . in reality not at all "before" coronavirus pandemonium but during. 

• Love 21