Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's around a 9 hour drive if he didn't make any stops on the way. However, as others have noted, he has apparently skipped an entire week of classes going into the spring break.  I suppose he could be doing online courses that don't require his presence on campus, but I suspect his course load is mainly lower level subjects, those are usually less likely to be completely online.

This is also finals week. And he's hanging out at the bowling alley.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is also finals week. And he's hanging out at the bowling alley.

Maybe Jeremy is mentoring him through his academic career. 😆

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

Steve and Teri have notoriously held a service in a retirement home for years. It's notorious, because it's been speculated that the residents may not have a choice in whether to attend. It's also been speculated that Steve and Teri hold services at the retirement home to keep away from less Holy Christians, who do things like go on dates, watch tv, listen to secular music, etc. All things the Maxwells are against.  It's a good way to keep the family isolated. 

Now it turns the Maxwells have started attending a real church service in the evenings. Which they will continue to go to.  Meanwhile the retirement home has temporarily cancelled the Maxwells due to Coronavirus! The "management has decided to cancel all activities that are conducted by non-residents as of Wednesday."

"They said the closure would be until April. However, we anticipate it to be extended. "

The ended the blog post with this really annoying, cloying paragraph:

"We’re so grateful that because of placing our faith in Jesus and accepting Him, as Christians, we have nothing to fear from the coronavirus. In fact, it is an incredible opportunity to share with others the hope we have in Jesus!"

How is an incredible opportunity when people are largely staying home. There are less people out and about to proletyze to. If someone tried to talk to me about Jesus right now, I would be particularly annoyed, because of the viral outbreak. 

Earlier this week, Sarah asked for remedies for dealing with carsickness. The readers love to give advice so this was a popular post. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Looks like a kindergarten schedule. 

I had more classes in first grade .

13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

More on Timbits' "birthday week." Or, I flunked out.

the question is , if he's flunked out, where are they going to stash him in the barn.

Edited by lianau
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lianau said:

the question is , if he's flunked out, where are they going to stash him in the barn.

And how long will it be before they 'fess up? And what kind of spin will they put on it?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

And how long will it be before they 'fess up? And what kind of spin will they put on it?

• He came back to help his wonderful super-skilled amazing father finish the renovations and additions to their new home.
  • He has felt the call to join his father's printing mission.
  • The Lord has told him to return home and help while his blessed wonderful Best Mother EVER is so busy with all the preparations for Nurie's wedding.

Other than that? I got nothing. But we all know that Jill is SEVERELY creative when it comes to her online word vomiting, so I'm sort of hoping we get something really crazy about this. Heh.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I've mentioned before that I used to go to Timmy's school many year ago.  There's a very small possibility that depending on his current courses, he just might have been able to get away for his birthday.  He could have been in Ohio for a long weekend and perhaps he doesn't have classes every day of the week.  Like most schools of that type, attendance is part of your grade, but it is possible to miss some classes here and there if you clear it with the professor first.  Logic would suggest that he just postpone his birthday week until spring break, but of course logic never applies with people like this.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I've mentioned before that I used to go to Timmy's school many year ago.  There's a very small possibility that depending on his current courses, he just might have been able to get away for his birthday.  He could have been in Ohio for a long weekend and perhaps he doesn't have classes every day of the week.  Like most schools of that type, attendance is part of your grade, but it is possible to miss some classes here and there if you clear it with the professor first.  Logic would suggest that he just postpone his birthday week until spring break, but of course logic never applies with people like this.

I actually hope that you are right. This whole "birthday week" scenario sounds suspicious at best, but even though a Timbits crash and burn collegiate attempt makes for good snark, I can't help but still hope he can break free of the family in at least a small way. 

My take on Jill's whole satanic rant is that it was aimed toward the Duggars and adjacents. Think of it; here she is finally poised to be practically related to them, but now that dream is finally on her doorstep, she sees all (or many of) the girls wearing pants and cutting their hair. Ben's sisters seem to be going practically mainstream, and God only knows whether that might start rubbing off on the family. Amy, who was always a bit of a problem, but who there was maybe some hope for in her eyes, is married to a guy who actually owns a drinking establishment, and that's probably just too close for comfort....She probably feels as though this dream that is finally within her grasp is now falling apart at her fingertips. This former enclave of godliness, in her mind, is developing more potential holes than a sieve the closer she gets to it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We've been discussing Travis' rather unconventional "education," evidenced here.

This is so cringe worthy and I have second hand embarassment for them

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

This is so cringe worthy and I have second hand embarassment for them

I  think he was trying for a “play on words” since all of the gifts on the second picture are for the senses.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, lianau said:

I had more classes in first grade .

Next to all the snacks for daddy. Tim is going to be the snack boy.

Wonder if Jill Rod bought any food for the quarantine. Or just enough food for herself and tubby. Or she will just keep on driving that rv coronavirus be damned. Oh who am I kidding Jill hasn’t bought one extra box of pasta. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Next to all the snacks for daddy. Tim is going to be the snack boy.

Wonder if Jill Rod bought any food for the quarantine. Or just enough food for herself and tubby. Or she will just keep on driving that rv coronavirus be damned. Oh who am I kidding Jill hasn’t bought one extra box of pasta. 

She better stay the fuck outta New England.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Appleton!  Yeah!

23 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe Timmy is hoping he can go to Build a Bear again during his birthday week celebration. Then he can give the bear to mama.

Timba did seem to be losing ground to his other siblings in his absence. I really do think the poor Rodrigues kids expend a lot of energy competing with each other for mama's attention, and I have no doubt that Jill made his life a living hell for not wishing her a happy birthday or Mother's Day or whatever it was. I'm sure he's done a lot of groveling since and returning home to fawn over Jill after leaving school would please her SEVERELY. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
On 3/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, Temperance said:

"We’re so grateful that because of placing our faith in Jesus and accepting Him, as Christians, we have nothing to fear from the coronavirus. In fact, it is an incredible opportunity to share with others the hope we have in Jesus!"

So does that mean all those who contracted and/or or died from this virus weren't practising Christians who accepted Him? I am pretty sure He doesn't want arrogant assholes who post judgements like this preaching in his name.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Chalby said:

So does that mean all those who contracted and/or or died from this virus weren't practising Christians who accepted Him? I am pretty sure He doesn't want arrogant assholes who post judgements like this preaching in his name.

They really believe this. My area was hit by a natural disaster a few years back. You should have heard some of the bullshit said about the path of the storm. I guess Fundies and such take great joy in believing non-believers are punished by God with storms and viruses. How very gracious. 

• Love 6
On 3/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, farmgal4 said:

I think he dropped/flunked out, but Jill will spin it like he HAD TO leave school in order to get away from all of the evil heathens who were sinning 24/7.

This is what I will never understand about these Fundie zealots with the large families. They claim to have faith and want to share the Word (so long as its only their Word). They preach humility yet they are arrogant, demanding and judgemental, especially to others whose faith is slightly different. These devout groups can explain away all challenges as evil showing its face to those who don't believe in the same way as them. They always lay blame elsewhere for THEIR poor choices and they are incapable of reflection. They are just beings who are moved about by God or Satan, depending on the outcome. They make sure to maintain a sexist attitude through parenting by ensuring women choose marriage and procreation over education, and get it done while they are young. Lastly, Fundy families force their members to keep a veil of silence regarding their bad choices, illegal activities such as financial gains, and especially any sexual abuse. It is no longer a 'surprise' when the abuse becomes public because the parents can't control that many young adults from telling the truth. Also, the internet is changing their access to information, so aside from locking them away in sheds... it's going to become available. If any of the Fundy family's 'secrets' were to see the light - guaranteed, all women involved, are to blame (either as enticers, allowing it to happen, or for simply being available women). I despise any and all religious groups who will not acknowledge or be open to healthy progress and change. If they have that much 'fear' of the outside... they are hiding something. I have to stop my rant as I am just starting. Bottom line every religious group should always be reading, sharing, and reflecting while encouraging discourse. Bates, Duggar, etc. Fundy families are suspect because they refuse to allow individuality, which immediately tells the world they do not trust their children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
On 3/14/2020 at 12:09 AM, Zella said:

Timba did seem to be losing ground to his other siblings in his absence. I really do think the poor Rodrigues kids expend a lot of energy competing with each other for mama's attention, and I have no doubt that Jill made his life a living hell for not wishing her a happy birthday or Mother's Day or whatever it was. I'm sure he's done a lot of groveling since and returning home to fawn over Jill after leaving school would please her SEVERELY. 

Jill would be unhappy if Tim left his MISSIONARY pilot training program because she couldn't  brag about him. Now that Nurie is engaged to an almost DUGGAR, Jill has plenty of material for her brag blog, so she doesn't need Tim. These kids are just ego props for Jill, so they're interchangeable. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill would be unhappy if Tim left his MISSIONARY pilot training program because she couldn't  brag about him. Now that Nurie is engaged to an almost DUGGAR, Jill has plenty of material for her brag blog, so she doesn't need Tim. These kids are just ego props for Jill, so they're interchangeable. 

I think Jill's need to have her ego stroked by her children trumps situations where she can brag about them. 

• Love 6

Are the Fundie churches closing or offering online sermons like they do out here in normal religion land?

Also those Maxhells better be careful since they have at least one immune compromised person in their family but you know, Jesus.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2020 at 6:44 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

My take on Jill's whole satanic rant is that it was aimed toward the Duggars and adjacents. Think of it; here she is finally poised to be practically related to them, but now that dream is finally on her doorstep, she sees all (or many of) the girls wearing pants and cutting their hair. . . . She probably feels as though this dream that is finally within her grasp is now falling apart at her fingertips. This former enclave of godliness, in her mind, is developing more potential holes than a sieve the closer she gets to it.

That's a great observation. I think that JillR is SEVERELY disappointed that instead of Nurie's engagement to ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER! being proudly, warmly, and publicly acknowledged by any actual Duggar, it's getting a pretty ho-hum reception. Gosh, it COULDN'T be for any valid reason, because JillR and the Rods are the MOST DEVOTED AND RIGHTEOUS FOLLOWERS OF THE CORRECT JESUS. Sooo, it has to be because . . . Satan is doing his work among the Duggars? See - some of the Duggar women are wearing PANTS!!! I'd bet a hot dinner that the Rods' RV would be parked in the TTH driveway again if they were off the Duggars' shit list. 

I also think that, while her failure to be embraced by the Duggars must rankle, JillR's probably invoking Satan also in response to other setbacks or challenges in her life. Things that most people would understand are just the way things work. Like, having to pay bills you incur, or having a disappointing amount of money come in from the missionary clearinghouse that you hope will underwrite your family's lifestyle. It's hard to follow her thinking (and would make me crazy if I tried too hard!), but maybe a bunch of things came together to spark that rant.

Edited by Jeeves
added that "also" and final stuff
  • Love 8

The Duggars only ignore the JRods because it hits too close to home. They were the Rods before TLC came along, and many of the Duggar 19 are a couple of shows away from becoming them again.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Will Jill invite the Duggars to the wedding? And if so, will they go?

I don't see Jeremy going anywhere near this family. At least, he will have the excuse of being in LA.

Maybe Anna and Josh. Mac might be in the wedding party.  The rest of the Duggar’s no.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars will go. At least JB, M and the singletons. Fundy weddings are speed dating for the guests. The Duggars will be there.

The fundies need to do their wedding like the Amish. I worked in an Amish community in 2000-2002 and they always had their wedding on Thursdays, and Friday would be a second reception of sorts for all the unmarrieds to meet and greet. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe Anna and Josh. Mac might be in the wedding party.  The rest of the Duggar’s no.

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars will go. At least JB, M and the singletons. Fundy weddings are speed dating for the guests. The Duggars will be there.

I think JB and Michelle will go. Josh, Anna and their kids will go since it's her brother. JB and Michelle will be there, since they seem reluctant to let Josh go that far way without them.  JB and Michelle will bring their girls. It wouldn't surprise me if they left their boys with Joy again like they did last year. I get the sense JB doesn't want the Rod girls for in-laws for his sons. 

I doubt any of the married Duggar children go unless Si or John is the pilot. 

I would be very surprised if any of the Bates showed up. Kaylee and Renee are attractive girls, and Jill will do her best Mrs. Bennett to try to pair off those girls with any available Duggar/Bates boys present. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

New blog post up on the Maxwell website. I'm posting the exact text. I disagree with Steve Maxwell. He's a jerk and that's putting it mildly. He's not the first evangelical to take advantage of people scared of coronavirus and he won't be the last. 

"Possible Good From the Coronavirus by Steve Maxwell

These are historic times. Since the 50’s, generations have been shielded from epidemics and significant consumer shortages, except for the “gas crunch” in the 70’s. If you have the money, you can buy what you want. 

Media-hype over the coronavirus has induced shortages country wide. This seems to come as quite a shock to most US citizens who are accustomed to full shelves at the grocery store. People are afraid of not having food and supplies they are accustomed to and ultimately of getting the virus. 

There is a silver lining. Previously, many who might have had little concern about dying are now thinking about it as evidenced by their fear in contracting the virus.

What might you do in addition to taking recommended safeguards?

1. Make a list of people who you suspect might not be saved.   

2. Earnestly pray for them daily. Are there things you might do to help them?

3. Seek a time when you can have a heart-to-heart talk with them regarding Jesus Christ. "                                                    

• Love 2

🙄🙄🙄 I got a religious friend who is trying to save me (Jesus). She is insufferable at this point. 

37 minutes ago, Temperance said:

New blog post up on the Maxwell website. I'm posting the exact text. I disagree with Steve Maxwell. He's a jerk and that's putting it mildly. He's not the first evangelical to take advantage of people scared of coronavirus and he won't be the last. 

These are historic times. Since the 50’s, generations have been shielded from epidemics and significant consumer shortages, except for the “gas crunch” in the 70’s. If you have the money, you can buy what you want. 

Media-hype over the coronavirus has induced shortages country wide. This seems to come as quite a shock to most US citizens who are accustomed to full shelves at the grocery store. People are afraid of not having food and supplies they are accustomed to and ultimately of getting the virus. 

There is a silver lining. Previously, many who might have had little concern about dying are now thinking about it as evidenced by their fear in contracting the virus.

3. Seek a time when you can have a heart-to-heart talk with them regarding Jesus Christ. "                                                    

STFU Steven dear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

My niece, who is a typical Christian, posted a Bible passage about God throwing COVID19 our way as a message to say get it together, start praying, believe and this will all go away.

I'm sure if JillR finds the passage she'll post it too.

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

What an a**hat!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9