Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Hmm, Cascade and a dishwasher magnate. Wherever they're going to live has a dishwasher. Other than the marriage tchotchkes, the two things that stand out to me are the man's watch and the blow dryer.

But then there is this: Malin + Goetz Body Wash Rum, priced @ $36.00. "Scented with our best-selling Dark Rum fragrance."

My questions about that grift are endless. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, becca3891 said:

Someone's probably already posted Nurie and Nathan's wedding registry, but I don't have time to go back and read all the pages I've missed after not having been here most of a week!

https://registry.theknot.com/nurie-rodrigues-nathan-keller-july-2020/39538197

At the very end is something called Wedding Tokens Mother of the Bride - and it’s marked Purchased! What a surprise, something for Jill has already been bought 🙄

Several of the registry items seem to be things for the actual wedding, such as 100-piece party favor boxes

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Are we sure that's not a spoof registry? The Knot proudly registers same sex couples, a concept which would certainly fry the brains of the Rodriguii and the Kellers. I clicked the link above and saw a Precious Moments figurine listed which could be a dig at the gift that JillR posted about (from Nathan to Nurie or vice versa). I view all those registries for publicly known folks with a big dose of skepticism. 

Edited by Jeeves
it's moments not memories
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Are we sure that's not a spoof registry?

If you try to click on any of the products, it goes to Amazon, but then says "No matches found." Says the registry could be set to private.

This Marriage Takes Three thing has me thinking instead of the cross, Jill would insert a picture of herself and give it to them..

71dFHhoyK6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Tools and toolboxes? I don't know if the Kellers have the skills to use these things, but I bet Master Carpenter, Plumber, Electrician and Best Hubby Ever David will explain to  Nathan everything a young fellow needs to know about a man and his tools.  

No way Jill will have the registry private. That's a violation of the first law of grifting. What a shame. Here I was ready to drop $20 on dishwashing pods for them. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

Seriously who do they think is gonna buy them this stuff? 

Nurie has grifting in her DNA.  She did manage to grift a decent car for the family after she totaled their junker.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Geez, that's not a wedding registry, it's an all out gift grab. A man's watch? A body brush? Do these people have no shame?

A $30 men’s wooden watch! Like that isn’t going to be thrown in a drawer within a month because it’s chunky and redundant in a world of iPhones.

61Y1Z7iyVFL.jpg

51iaNp7gTOL.jpg

• Love 4

Pretty sure it's a fake registry.  It's been modified, but at the beginning people noticed that the gifts were to be sent to some state that has no known Kellers or Rods living there.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Pretty sure it's a fake registry.  It's been modified, but at the beginning people noticed that the gifts were to be sent to some state that has no known Kellers or Rods living there.

That would be some inefficient grifting, padding out stuff you want with tacky crap the putative couple wants. Plus I can’t see the registry on amazon, it’s been set to private, which makes the con so much harder.

• Love 4

Expensive wedding registries are in. The site/store gives the couple a discount if no one purchases the items. I first thought it was just a Duggar/fundie, but then I saw other registries and I realised it's a bigger trend.

That registry on Amazon looks legit, but there was an obvious fake one. It included items Nurie and Nathan would never register for like condoms, and a book on toxic mothers.

Personally I don't care what they register for and if they get it. Anyone who spends money on the Rods deserves to spend (or waste) money on the Rods. There are too many trinkets on the registry imo, but tastes differ. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Pretty sure it's a fake registry.

Ah. Plus there is no KitchenAid mixer for Mama. Remember the "Pamper Mama" shower thing Nurie Jill threw for Mama herself when she was pregnant with Jenessa? There was a boatload of non-baby stuff on her "registry," and one of the items listed was a KitchenAid mixer. It's not a real registry unless there is a KA mixer for Mama because she is the BEST MAMA EVAH.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Expensive wedding registries are in. The site/store gives the couple a discount if no one purchases the items. I first thought it was just a Duggar/fundie, but then I saw other registries and I realised it's a bigger trend.

That registry on Amazon looks legit, but there was an obvious fake one. It included items Nurie and Nathan would never register for like condoms, and a book on toxic mothers.

Personally I don't care what they register for and if they get it. Anyone who spends money on the Rods deserves to spend (or waste) money on the Rods. There are too many trinkets on the registry imo, but tastes differ. 

17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

One of the registries included lube. 🤣

Same registry I mentioned earlier. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, I am aware of that. I have suspicions about The Knot registry as well. 

I do as well but it’s amusing us at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Someone should send her a vibrator so she knows what the big O is all about.  

Nurie needs to know about the existence of orgasms and how her body works first. Doubt Mama Jill knows herself.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not to mention, Nurie would have no idea what the vibrator actually does. Lord knows how she'd try to use it! 😂

Probably would use it on her temples to relieve a headache as some of the pictures on boxes seem to suggest (full disclosure, I have no idea, really, never having gone to WalMart or similar in search of said item, but for some reason this is the illustrative image which comes to mind...)

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Probably would use it on her temples to relieve a headache as some of the pictures on boxes seem to suggest (full disclosure, I have no idea, really, never having gone to WalMart or similar in search of said item, but for some reason this is the illustrative image which comes to mind...)

Just thinking of Lauren and Anna using theirs on their faces!  “Better than hands”!  😂

• LOL 10
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie Bates attends a church that describes itself as premillennial and old fashioned gospel. Is that Fundy speak for extreme beliefs? 

Premillennial probably refers to eschatology - beliefs about the end times. Old-fashioned gospel most likely means preaching about salvation, alter calls, focusing on repentance and forgiveness being the only way to Heaven. 

• Useful 6
31 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Premillennial probably refers to eschatology - beliefs about the end times. Old-fashioned gospel most likely means preaching about salvation, alter calls, focusing on repentance and forgiveness being the only way to Heaven. 

Read that quickly as "scatology".... 

• LOL 5

Esther Shrader give birth to a healthy baby boy named Joseph today. She and John now have 12 children. Esther is Priscilla Waller's, Anna Duggar's, and Nathan Keller's older sister. She and John live in Zambia, where they have a ministry. 

• Useful 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Stupid question. Shrader kids can still get American citizenship right?

yes, because their parents are US citizens.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I really love that we are on a message board about a reality TV show and someone mentions eschatology. You all are amazing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 17