Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

One or more of them may at least have a suspicion by now that the way they live is uncomfortable and infuriating.

I recall as a teen feeling a boiling rage inside,while smiling on the outside,and I wasn't raised nearly as uber conservative as the Rod kids are.

It could be there.You just never know

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 12
(edited)

I have an aunt a lot like jill,and she's the reason I quit going to family functions on my dad's side.She's all up in everybody's business,esp. mine.If I even gain as little as 5 lbs,she's on me like stink on shit,handing me diet drinks,laughing and making smart remarks.

I hope I never have to see her again.

If someone like Jill were to approach me in walmart,I would prob. be arrested for punching her

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 10
On 2/29/2020 at 1:02 AM, Sew Sumi said:

I can picture the scene --the Walmart girl was doing her job stocking shelves when Jill appears out of nowhere & starts badgering her about the Lord. I'm sure Jesus tracts were involved too.  The girl  probably knew the best way  get Jill to shut up & leave was to go along & say she found the Lord (in this case he was in the office supplies aisle where Jill was stocking up on her Sharpies eye liner.)

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 2/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Huh? I thought her Lord was named Daniel, in the Laundromat. 

And @Lunera, thanks for sharing that laundromat comic. It is GOLD. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)

If we want to be impressed by just how hard up ...and misguided...the world is, we need only remember that, apparently, there are people out there somewhere in the United States of America asking David Rodrigues to preach to them.  And, apparently, sitting still to listen to it. 

If this is actually true, at all, then any level of human idiocy or degradation is not only possible...but likely. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
(edited)

There is a bit of an interesting exchange on Alyssa Bates-Webster’s Instagram page today.  She posted her usual Sunday best photo with the girls and someone asked how she was able to put them in something new every week.  Another commenter replied that Alyssa has a fan who sends her clothing, and then the woman who does send the clothes (Tikky?) responded: “I am a friend!!” No input from Alyssa.

Also, 3 of the Bates bros are visiting. Not sure which ones.  They definitely don’t dress up for church.  I guess Chad doesn’t have any jobs for them right now so they are free to drive to Florida and mooch off their sister.  Seriously, young guys in their late teens or early 20’s , not in school ( if they are at Crown feel free to correct me) and not working full time?  Must be nice. 🙄

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

There is a bit of an interesting exchange on Alyssa Bates-Webster’s Instagram page today.  She posted her usual Sunday best photo with the girls and someone asked how she was able to put them in something new every week.  Another commenter replied that Alyssa has a fan who sends her clothing, and then the woman who does send the clothes (Tikky?) responded: “I am a friend!!” No input from Alyssa.

Also, 3 of the Bates bros are visiting. Not sure which ones.  They definitely don’t dress up for church.  I guess Chad doesn’t have any jobs for them right now so they are free to drive to Florida and mooch off their sister.  Seriously, young guys in their late teens or early 20’s , not in school ( if they are at Crown feel free to correct me) and not working full time?  Must be nice. 🙄

They seem to be the next three boys following Trace. Definitely not Trace, Lawson, or Nathan, despite the fact they look alike.  Those three boys are in their teens.  Jackson the oldest of these three, turned 18 a few weeks ago.  In the real world he'd be a senior in high school. The next brother is named Warden and he's 16 almost 17. And the third brother Isaiah, is 15.  So basically they're homeschooled high school kids.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Thanks, @ Temperance.  I am not as familiar with the younger Bates offspring as I am with the Duggars.  It does show the homeschooling must be pretty lax these days since all of the teachers got married and had babies and Kelly surely can’t be bothered any more.

• Love 4

I understand it's normal for Instagram "personalities" to be sent free stuff, but this lady outfitting Alyssa's daughters doesn't sound like she's playing with a full deck. I know Fundies are raised to grift, but I find it odd that Alyssa and (especially) her husband don't see any red flags in this. 

• Love 21

I don't know if any of those 3, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah have even pretended on participating in home school for a few years now.

They are shown going off with Lawson doing "disaster relief", working for Chad. traveling to Alysssa's house to visit etc.

on Jed!'s post about being in CO with Jeer, someone in the comments asked if he was there with Warden.

kelly is down to a very few kid's home all day it seems. unlike the duggar fam who always have couches filled with people in every pic and video

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Thanks, @ Temperance.  I am not as familiar with the younger Bates offspring as I am with the Duggars.  It does show the homeschooling must be pretty lax these days since all of the teachers got married and had babies and Kelly surely can’t be bothered any more.

I don't really know them that well either. I was interested in Trace's non-defunct courtship and I know who Trace's older brothers are.  I used fundiewiki as a resource and basically guessed their identities based on the age they looked. 

If Kelly has given up on homeschooling, then she's really screwing those kids. Most of the ones left are boys and they need educations to provide for their wives and children. The Bates boys aren't like the Duggar boys; no one seems willing to marry them even if they're broke. Kelly and Gil are just as bad as all the rest of the fundies. Before television, they were big-time grifters as well. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't know if any of those 3, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah have even pretended on participating in home school for a few years now.

They are shown going off with Lawson doing "disaster relief", working for Chad. traveling to Alysssa's house to visit etc.

Jackson is 18, so I guess he could possibly be done with school.  But Warden and Isaiah are far too young to be finished.  

It seems to be a pattern- the older kids get at least an attempt at a GED level education, but the younger ones are pretty much left to their own devices because Mom is fed up and the older siblings have left the nest. 

• Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Jackson is 18, so I guess he could possibly be done with school.  But Warden and Isaiah are far too young to be finished.  

It seems to be a pattern- the older kids get at least an attempt at a GED level education, but the younger ones are pretty much left to their own devices because Mom is fed up and the older siblings have left the nest. 

I agree with you about Jackson although he did just turn 18 and is finishing what should be his senior year of high school. 

It's definitely a pattern. Recovering Grace (the Gothard/IBLP survivor website) has people sharing their stories and this pattern of the first kids get the good education, have to teach the next kids and the parents' lose interest is very familar and well-documented on that site. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
(edited)

I didn't intend to imply that Kelly had given up homeschooling the remaining kids.

Just meant that those particular 3 boys probably got their computer printed diploma from the Bates school a few yrs ago.

there are still at least 5 or 6 school age I think.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I didn't intend to imply that Kelly had given up homeschooling the remaining kids.

Just meant that those particular 3 boys probably got their computer printed diploma form the Bates school a few yrs ago.

there are still at least 5 or 6 school age I think.

Yes, the 3 girls from Addee (who's 13 or 14) down, plus Jud and Jeb. 

• Love 2

Has anyone else seen any of Carlin and Evan's YouTube videos? They must be among the most annoying and immature humans around ever. I can barely make it through any of them. All of the other Duggars and Bateses and hell, even JillRod? At least I can stand to watch those.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Haven't you heard? After you homeschool the first few, the dozen-plus who remain just pick up all the wisdom by osmosis! It's a rule! 

I think that's Meeechelle's view, anyway. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 17
3 minutes ago, graefin said:

Has anyone else seen any of Carlin and Evan's YouTube videos? They must be among the most annoying and immature humans around ever. I can barely make it through any of them. All of the other Duggars and Bateses and hell, even JillRod? At least I can stand to watch those.

They are so fake and obnoxious, even by YouTube standards. I haven't made it past the thirty second mark for any of their videos. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

'MOST hard working men I know'. Compared to your underage sons maybe. 

Exactly! Who are the other men she knows? Is she casting aspersions on the men of the churches they visit? Who else does she know?

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Exactly! Who are the other men she knows? Is she casting aspersions on the men of the churches they visit? Who else does she know?

Pastor Vinny Sawyer in Florida seems to have done well with his nice home, swimming pool, and boat. Where did the Rodrigueses go wrong? So sad for Jilly.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

They are so fake and obnoxious, even by YouTube standards. I haven't made it past the thirty second mark for any of their videos. 

I haven't even tried. They're so vapid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Alyssa lives in, what appears to be, a small house.  I can’t imagine that the boys are sleeping on the floor or couch while they’re there.  Maybe UP is filming the visit and putting the guys up in a hotel while they’re there.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Alyssa lives in, what appears to be, a small house.  I can’t imagine that the boys are sleeping on the floor or couch while they’re there.  Maybe UP is filming the visit and putting the guys up in a hotel while they’re there.

IIRC those same three boys visited Michael in Chicago when she (and Brandon) lived in a one bedroom apartment. They did sleep on the floor.

Alyssa moves Allie to share with her sisters and uses the room as a guest room. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SMama said:

IIRC those same three boys visited Michael in Chicago when she (and Brandon) lived in a one bedroom apartment. They did sleep on the floor.

Alyssa moves Allie to share with her sisters and uses the room as a guest room. 

Yes,she said so in the home tour vid 

• Love 1

Forget eye traps this bathroom is an accident trap.

Shelf number one could take off an ear as they walk by it on their way in. Shelf number two has bath towels hanging over the toilet. And the three outlets are only inches from the sinks.

Also, I'm guessing JillR isn't done yet, I see an inch or two of wall space left for decorations.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Forget eye traps this bathroom is an accident trap.

Shelf number one could take off an ear as they walk by it on their way in. Shelf number two has bath towels hanging over the toilet. And the three outlets are only inches from the sinks.

Also, I'm guessing JillR isn't done yet, I see an inch or two of wall space left for decorations.

I think Jill wouldn't know how to do minimalist living.Nor having a family size that is manageable

1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

Do you think the daughters have realised that nobody else does their hair and makeup like that?

That's what makes them special.lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

So much freaking stuff in that bathroom. I hope they have an extra heavy duty exhaust fan. I also hope they close the lid on the toilet prior to flushing with all the stuff surrounding the toilet.

• Love 11