Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

There we go again with the pictures of the kids and plates of food. 

Jill is about as subtle with these posts as she is in applying her make up.

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

There we go again with the pictures of the kids and plates of food. 

Jill is about as subtle with these posts as she is in applying her make up.

Not only plates of food, but plates with so much food none of them could finish it. Sure. Jill is a troll and a dumb one at that. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I hope the girl (sorry, don’t know their names) wearing the I Love Mommy bib did it as a joke, she is way past the bib stage. And WTF is going on with the girl on the right side wearing a towel as a bib?

Jill, you are so fake you should know how to stage a picture.  First, picture of the girls with full plates, then a picture after they have (allegedly) cleaned their plates. 

WTF does the picture have to do with homeschooling?  Dumbass. 

Both bibs are pretty ridiculous! 

• Love 4

Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young had her baby today. The baby is a boy and his name is Judah Miles. This is her third child. Her kids are all born in even years so her daughter Ava will be 2 in few months and the older son is around 3 or 4. 

Not sure if she's Quiverfull or not.  It's possible she's Quiverfull given the company she keeps. She's very religious of course. She's also into things like essential oils, holistic living, etc. I think Sierra is also into essential oils. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That little peanut sitting on the left looks scared...like maybe she hasn't yet been trained to paste on the fake smile when Crazy Mommy comes out with her phone pointed at them.

And what is on top of the toaster in the middle of the table?  I'm sure the toaster is plugged in and whatever is on top of it is flammable.....

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And what is on top of the toaster in the middle of the table?  I'm sure the toaster is plugged in and whatever is on top of it is flammable.....

Oh lord, I didn't even notice that at first, I was too busy trying to figure out how that pic had anything to do with homeschooling. That can't be safe. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Zella said:

What is it with fundies and essential oils? I lot of the fundies I know are super into that too. 

Here's one explanation -- 

"Essential oils are a gift from God. He, as the Bible states, gave us plants for healing. Essential oils are simply the oils of the plant which have been carefully extracted in a highly concentrated form. These oils carry the plant’s constituents, which contain the healing properties. These gifts have been the foundation of medicinal treatment for thousands of years, but have fallen by the wayside in the era of modern of medicine. The obvious question here is whether modern technology is superior to the gifts granted to us by God. In my humble opinion, the answer is an astounding “No”.

"In the middle of it’s street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding it’s fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Revelation 22:2....

"The two biggest problems with safely bringing essential oils into your home are a reflection of this modern, profit driven world are:

"Unethical companies teaching unsafe and even blasphemous usage of essential oils: Many essential oil companies, including the two largest in the United States are now teaching physically unsafe methods of usage such as unsafe and illegal instruction for internal (oral) use, as well as venturing into spiritual or ritualistic anti-Christian, borderline Pagan usage methods. One of the largest essential oils companies in the USA is owned by a Pagan ritualist who falsely claims to be Christian and a doctor, though he is neither. Many people follows his teachings practicing Pagan rituals without ever realizing what they're doing.

'For more information, run a Google search for "new age occult essential oils".

"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. - 2 Peter 2:1"

https://www.byfaithoils.org/blogs/news/essential-oils-in-a-christian-biblical-home-the-benefits-and-dangers-thereof

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, SMama said:

WTF does the picture have to do with homeschooling?  Dumbass. 

I don't think she's actually connecting the eating picture with the "why we homeschool."

Notice how she's got the pointing-down emoji in the caption-- and it's pointing to the quote from Psalm 1 that makes up most of her caption...........

Psalm 1 is why they homeschool.....

Rousas Rushdoony started publicizing that as the biblical mandate to homeschool back in the 60s/70s/early 80s when he was testifying in court cases that tested the freedom of conservative Christians to homeschool as they chose. His testimony in such cases is often credited with establishing both the legal right for them to do it and the strong tradition of them doing it -- as a way to keep their children from standing "in the way of sinners" but instead being totally soaked in the doctrines that were supposed to bring conservative Protestants into the power-in-the-world that would help to bring on the world's end. 

My guess is that she really wanted to post another picture showing the kids with food. But she couldn't think of a caption to put on it that related to the eating. (she wouldn't want to call it -- See! We do feed the damn kids!) .....

So instead she decided just to ignore the eating in her caption and go with one of her old-standby thoughts instead. Psalm 1 is the same psalm we've heard Josie, Izzy, and Spurge quoting without any comprehension, of course...and I suppose all the Rodrigues kids too....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The whole first kiss/wedding night thing is so wrong. It all really hit me when they filmed Jeremy and Jinger the morning after their wedding in the hotel room. Between Jinger's demeanor and the unmade beds, it all felt so intrusive. I try very hard now to skim past any mention they make of first kiss/wedding night stuff.

Might want to avoid JRod's IG account. She may be hoisting the bedsheets up the day after Nurthan's nuptials. 

• LOL 15
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think she's actually connecting the eating picture with the "why we homeschool."

Notice how she's got the pointing-down emoji in the caption-- and it's pointing to the quote from Psalm 1 that makes up most of her caption...........

Psalm 1 is why they homeschool.....

I agree, @Churchhoney. IMO that verse is just a nice little dog whistle to homeschoolers of like minds. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Duggar family friend Kristen Nicole Young had her baby today. The baby is a boy and his name is Judah Miles. This is her third child. Her kids are all born in even years so her daughter Ava will be 2 in few months and the older son is around 3 or 4. 

Not sure if she's Quiverfull or not.  It's possible she's Quiverfull given the company she keeps. She's very religious of course. She's also into things like essential oils, holistic living, etc. I think Sierra is also into essential oils. 

Kristen is also anti-vax. She's all about the boho woo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Homeschoolers who don’t know the difference between “its “ and “it’s.” All I could see.

Imagine what'd be revealed if they tried to do division or subtraction ....Or turn a fraction into a percent.   🙀

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Jill's makeup looks normal to me with her sunglasses on. I have no idea what the "right" shade of lipstick is for anyone, but with her eyes covered, her face looks normal. (The pose is overly clinging.) Actually I'm not sure she's even wearing make-up, but it's probable. Still with the sunglasses, it's a completely different look to me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jill's makeup looks normal to me with her sunglasses on. I have no idea what the "right" shade of lipstick is for anyone, but with her eyes covered, her face looks normal. (The pose is overly clinging.) Actually I'm not sure she's even wearing make-up, but it's probable. Still with the sunglasses, it's a completely different look to me. 

She has the worst case of crazy eyes I've ever seen. That's always the most unnerving part of any picture of her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jill's makeup looks normal to me with her sunglasses on.

I think she's wearing the sunglasses to hide the smeared mascara that came off in the water. Just a guess since the older girls are always swimming with a full face of make up and raccoon eyes. 

And now it's time for the Bontragers and their "Mighty Men Camp".  This is a weekend of camping is for teenage boys men. It's not until May, but they're already advertising so you can register and pay in advance. 

Here's the official blurb:

"Join us to be prepared for life, adversity, and manhood. At this training bootcamp, you will be stretched outside your comfort zone physically, spiritually, and mentally. You will discover what it means to truly be a man, in your disciplines, character, passions, pursuits, and conversation. The event will feature pushups, sit-ups, rigorous hikes, Bible studies, manly conversations, and practical challenges from God’s Word. You will leave emboldened and equipped with the courage and skills to battle the enemy by the power of Christ."

Both Joshua Bontrager and the main Bontrager family blog are advertising this camp. The two men in charge of it 20-year-old Denver Bontrager and his brothers' brother-in-law Charlie Bowers (around 20 years old). 

The Bontragers aren't the only fundies with a man camp. Dwain Swanson, Lauren's father, also ran one at one point. 

It's not until May 14-17, but if you register before March 14, you get the early bird price of $167.  

• LOL 12
18 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I just got a new boss and he could be his twin brother. 

I feel bad for you

I guess the girls don't eat enough to have learned how to do it neatly

Edited by sondraK

What is manly conversation?  I’m sure it’s titillating since we know fundie men are known for their intelligence.   It’s run by two 20 year olds?  They barely qualify as “men” themselves.  

Push ups and sit ups?  I think Josh needs some of that.   Anna should sign him up.  Pretty cheap for a 3-4 day camp.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Where is that child in the first picture - it looks like she's crouched down on the floor of a van or something?

She's a cutie.  Too bad her face will soon be troweled over with Maybelline foundation and Great Lash mascara.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

And now it's time for the Bontragers and their "Mighty Men Camp".  This is a weekend of camping is for teenage boys men. It's not until May, but they're already advertising so you can register and pay in advance. 

Here's the official blurb:

"Join us to be prepared for life, adversity, and manhood. At this training bootcamp, you will be stretched outside your comfort zone physically, spiritually, and mentally. You will discover what it means to truly be a man, in your disciplines, character, passions, pursuits, and conversation. The event will feature pushups, sit-ups, rigorous hikes, Bible studies, manly conversations, and practical challenges from God’s Word. You will leave emboldened and equipped with the courage and skills to battle the enemy by the power of Christ."

Both Joshua Bontrager and the main Bontrager family blog are advertising this camp. The two men in charge of it 20-year-old Denver Bontrager and his brothers' brother-in-law Charlie Bowers (around 20 years old). 

The Bontragers aren't the only fundies with a man camp. Dwain Swanson, Lauren's father, also ran one at one point. 

It's not until May 14-17, but if you register before March 14, you get the early bird price of $167.  

I'm sure my husband & his friends could give them some "manly conversations."  You know the stories of the stupid stuff they did in their 20's that they still love to rehash & talk about.  Beer or other alcoholic beverages may have been involved. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Are those purity rings Janessa is wearing in the 2nd & 3rd pictures? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Where is that child in the first picture - it looks like she's crouched down on the floor of a van or something?

She's a cutie.  Too bad her face will soon be troweled over with Maybelline foundation and Great Lash mascara.

They live in an RV

Jill has to tell every church about miracle Janessa . I bet she is milking that for all it’s worth 

• Love 3

I had no idea push ups, sits ups, and rigorous hikes made one manly. Maybe that's why I haven't been able to catch a husband all these years??

I would love to be a fly on the wall during those manly conversations, I'll bet they are hysterical and awkward.

• LOL 13
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What's on her chin? I don't remember seeing anything there before. Also, is that a faint bruise on her lower-right jaw?

Janessa has a fast food bag on her head so I'm guessing that mess on her face is food.  Jill just wants to show the world that she is not starving her kids.

As far as the rings, Jill just wants to show off her jewelry.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Janessa has a fast food bag on her head so I'm guessing that mess on her face is food.  Jill just wants to show the world that she is not starving her kids.

As far as the rings, Jill just wants to show off her jewelry.

There's been a lot of that since Timmybot's desperate post explaining how the kids are given more food at home than they can possibly eat. As if. 

The kids are apt to come back from Florida heavier since other people are providing the food. Jill and David don't mind if the kids eat; they just don't want to spend their own money on the servants. 

• Love 7

Nice fried hair picture of Jill’s oldest slaves. How about the young ladies go to the coffee shop and Jill takes care of the herd she and Shrek insisted having with no income? Asking for two fried haired friends.

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm not going to mention their hair.

This picture is so sad to me because this really is their lives. Sing in church, perform in church and sit in church. Churches filled with strangers. If they're lucky a family or two (who they don't know) will show them a good time in between. I can't imagine a less fulfilling life than the lives of the JRod kids.

• Love 4