Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Oh shut up, Jill. And wtf does being a native New Yorker have to do with swimming in the chilly ocean?

Thank you!! I’m a 4th generation SoCal chick, and I swim in a chilly ocean from time to time. And what the hell was her crap about not believing in Mother Nature? 
Whenever I read her words a bit of my soul and brain die. 🤢😵☠️

• Love 17
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Rebekah, the one in the blue sleeveless dress. She's 36 years old.

Screenshot_20200219-131459_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1b6a6bd9ce420321f4472747df5976c8.jpg

Regarding the comments a bit earlier on how the bride is really pretty, all I can see is that her features are almost exactly like Nathan's. Her teeth might be a little bit straighter, but the biggest difference I see is the hair and makeup. I wonder what Nathan would look like in drag? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'll just drop this hot mess right here. What is "midst?" 

To be fair, it is actually a word, and used mostly correctly in this context.  Her grammar is horrid as usual though.  It would usually be used as part of the phrase "in the midst of" such as "keeping calm in the midst of chaos"

• Love 5

Ok so I’m confused on timelines. When was the wedding?  And are the Rods still sponging off visiting the Kellers?  If the wedding and this beach trip coincided, And the Kellers attended the wedding, why did Nurthan not attend? Would’ve been a great photo op, Nurie with Anna.  Holding the latest Maddition. I think there was a major opportunity lost by Jill not insisting that they all attend crash the wedding. That was some major Anna face time lost!

• Love 3

Perhaps the Rods weren't invited to the wedding? It may have been small,and or they might not have known they were going to visit then.I can see Nurie being invited,since Nathan would be,but not the rest of them.And it seems Jill is kissing up hard to the Kellers,so I can see her not crashing for that reason

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Perhaps the Rods weren't invited to the wedding? It may have been small,and or they might not have known they were going to visit then.I can see Nurie being invited,since Nathan would be,but not the rest of them.And it seems Jill is kissing up hard to the Kellers,so I can see her not crashing for that reason

Jill might have made the fundie wedding version of a no-fly list after she leaked information about Jinger's wedding. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Suze was actually already married. I think this was a small ceremony for the Kellers and maybe his family? 

But I like the no-fly list suggestion better. 😂

Edited by Sew Sumi
Suze, not size!
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Timbits update. He posts that he's aware of hateful FB groups and that Jill has reported one (not named, probably Pickles). He goes on to say they aren't starved, claiming (IMO falsely) that he weighed 150 lbs. when he left home and has only gained 5 pounds since. 

It's evident from his rant that he's read the FB pages. Friends are encouraging him; Debi Pearl (yeah, THAT Pearl) says to accept the hate as JOY (she should know).Others tell him not to read the pages. 

So, I guess this is his fiery trial. What a letdown. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7

How would Tim find Pickles and Hairspray on FB or any other hate group? One of his new 'friends' tell him, to knock him down a peg or two?

And really, this should be of no surprise to Tim. His mother has be teaching him about all the heathens out there and has done her own hate posts about others.

You can't keep kids in a bubble of indoctrination and them send them out into the world unprepared. Many mainstream kids struggle a bit in adulthood and they're far more prepared for the 'evils' of the world.

• Love 10

Jill keeps making Tim feel like a victim of the comments.She should be empowering him to overcome them,or just not read them at all.Jill always turns her family into being the whiny victims of everyone.It was even in one of her speeches about Amy.She said they were being persecuted for asking for prayers for Amy.Like it was all about her family,not Amy.

The campground persecuted them,the lady at the church they were kicked out of persecuted them.and many others,I'm sure.The Rodrigii need to take responsibility for themselves.Nurie being in an accident she caused does not give them a right to grift a car.Nothing is ever  their fault.Boo hoo

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Timothy didn't write that. 

Also, God hates liars, Jill. It's "literally" one of his admonitions in the Ten Commandments. 

Also, does she not see the contradiction in that statement that if he has such a "fast metabolism" that he wouldn't have gained ANY weight when he left the house? 

These people are TERRIBLE.

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh Jill, shut up. 

How dare her knock Mother Nature. No wonder they had what looks like a cold sunless day at the beach. 

I'm trying to figure out what one of the younger girls is wearing in the video.  I guess it's supposed to be a swim dress but looks like a thin nylon nightgown to me. 

It is funny that even though Nurie is so thin she is still well endowed.  Possibly a well padded bra? 

• Love 6

In Tim's new post/rant, he lists multiple examples of how much he eats now that he's on his own. He didn't give one example of how much he was fed when living at home. Also he admits he gained 10 pounds since moving out, but then got sick and lost some of that. But he's already back up 5 pounds. So he's clearly eating more now that he's on his own! 

• Love 20

my question is how did timbits or any Rod kid learn how metabolism works??

most likely they learn nothing about science in the great Jrod homeschool.

I think it is just timbits repeating a lie he has been told all his life of why he and his siblings appear to be underfed

• Love 23

also if timothy is reading about his family on fb, it would be entertaining to hear his response to comments on Jill, Nurie and the Not Nurie's plastered on makeup. lots of comments to be found about that

• Love 7

I think Jill put this bug in Tim's ear. These kids don't have any independent thoughts, and egregious exaggeration is Jill's MO. Also, how would Timmy know what people are saying about the family on the INTERNET, which is too dangerous a place for him to be without supervision?

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet Jill thinks CPS visited her to praise her mothering. Lol! She's clueless

I don't. I think Jill moved in part to get away from CPS. Jill was probably brought up to believe and probably thinks the government for the most part is evil. She's a fan girl for certain politicians, but she probably doesn't like big government. Even if CPS felt she was a great or good or adequate mother, Jill probably was spooked enough that she moved away. I also don't think the CPS visit went that well. If the kids are underfed as everyone claims, then CPS may have concerns they at least wanted Jill to address. 

I still have no idea why they picked Ohio. I guess political reasons.

I'm sorry Tim found the facebook group. I always assume no one fundie reads here. There's a reason I prefer a forum to Twitter, or other social media, where it seems like everyone sees anything. And I think there are lot of bad and dangerous components to religious fundamentalism, which can be good to address.  

Still it's not good for Tim to have his mother's world view reinforced that they are deeply persecuted by the world. The Rods seem to have a much smaller platform compared to most of the other fundies. The Duggars and Bates have the television show. The Maxwell have their blog and their books. The Rods have their ministy, a blog and mainly these their social media. Their social media is confusing, because I'm never sure how many of their social media followers are like-minded fundies and how many are snarkers. 

I'm glad the kids aren't cooped up in Jill's barndominium. I think I was right that Jill won't spend a lot of time there and just use it as a base. Good! That place makes me sad. I hope Tim doesn't move home, because it's too small for the family without him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Okay, when people use the word "literally" to mean something very not literally, it annoys me so much. People literally slam your family? That means we pick you up and throw you on the ground WWE style? You all are literally stupid in every facet of life because of your nitwits parents.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

It’s really sad how sheltered this kid is. He’s like a five-year-old just discovering there is no Santa Claus. Sweetie, there’s this thing called the internet and despite how much your mother insists your family is perfect and Jesus loves you bestest, people aren’t going to agree with that all of the time. Or even most of the time. And when your mother trots out this self-aggrandizing bullshit, some people are going to call her on it.

Seriously...these fundie parents cripple these poor kids and then let them flounder. It’s heinous.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I still have no idea why they picked Ohio. I guess political reasons.

not sure why Ohio ether

but this line from the Barndominium listing "Do you need a great property for a home business without restrictions Look no further"

I think maybe Jrod thinks they will be under the radar on all things there

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

not sure why Ohio ether

but this line from the Barndominium listing "Do you need a great property for a home business without restrictions Look no further"

I think maybe Jrod thinks they will be under the radar on all things there

Well, as I've harped on before, they didn't just pick Ohio. They picked the rather small main Amish area of Ohio.

And in Amish country, people from the state very seldom check on children, because the Amish have long had special schooling rights there, based on that currently most respected of American values, the religious freedom of conservative Christian communities -- and since Amish kids don't have any requirement to go to schools other than the entirely their own community-run-Amish schools, and no requirement at all to be in school after 8th grade, there are just very few kids in an Amish area over whom the state ed department has any jurisdiction at all.....So they aren't going to waste a lot of money on enforcement in that area...... Plus, the Amish communities are known to  fight back hard to protect their long-cherished freedoms and their customs -- and to avoid ratting others out -- so the state is even more reluctant to get involved, because, among other things, they may fear they're misreading some customs that are part of the local religious traditions, etc......-- .......

So, yeah, the Rods aren't Amish....But they are now living in an area of the state where the dept. of ed regulators and, most likely, CPS are considerably less in evidence than they are in other areas.....and where the neighbors are very used to unschooled kids, to kids doing dangerous farm work on their own, etc. .... 

This may have been an accidental choice by the Rods. But I'd be very surprised if it was. It's a tiny part of Ohio. And they seem to have made a beeline for it.

Jill R is a person who clearly believes she and her family are persecuted and unfairly scrutinized -- and I'm sure she has contact with other people who feel the same. And in a group like that, information about how you might protect yourself would be shared. No way folks who are paranoid about having their parenting scrutinized wouldn't know about communities where the scrutiny might be less....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
  • Love 7

Meagan Forsyth Ballinger and her husband Robert "Bobby" Ballinger are expecting their third child in July. They have now announced they're having a boy and he will Robert Alan Ballinger III (Robert Alan Ballinger the third). To differentiate their son from his father and grandfather, they will call him "Bear" at least for now. 

Robert is a nice name, although very common and traditional. It was 71st most popular for boys in 2018 and it's one of those names that has been popular for a long time. Bear is an unusual nickname for Robert. Theodore is commonly nicknamed Ted or Teddy and is rising in popularity so I could see Bear used as nickname more often.  Anyway nicknames can be changed and he can go by something else when he's older.

This child is the first boy for Meagan and Bobby. They have two daughters. The oldest girl is named Harper and will turn 3 soon. The second girl is named Marlie and she will be 2 in September after her brother is born. Meagan and Bobby were married in November 2015 and will celebrate 5 years of marriage in November 2020. 

(In case, people don't remember Meagan is the sister of Joy Duggar's husband Austin.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3

OK...they are now dangerously close to me. Ugh.

I hope they know that the spiral staircase at the lighthouse is a voyeur's dream. I always remind our guests to NOT wear a skirt or dress...and to wear shoes, not sandals (tripping hazard). Of course, they did none of the above. And that ridiculous denim circus tent skirt made another appearance.

Mr & Mrs Nutzy are dressed like matching lighthouses. Now I've seen it all. And I bet the volunteers got an earful of the lighthouse-related bible quotes.

ETA, because I just can't let it go: The Junior Nutzys are sitting together in a window sill that can barely accommodate one person, let alone two...and there's room to spare! Bet Mr Nutzy Sr got stuck.

Edited by drafan
They are so close by that I can smell the crazy.
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10