Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

In Jill's IG post touting their appearance at that church, she wrote:

Yesterday, we sang, did skits, and gave a marriage "charge" at a lovely Valentine's Banquet at Victory Baptist Church. What a great time we had! 😊 The food was delicious. Our children had fun on their skit and serving as the waiters and waitresses. 😊

So, yeah, the food was delicious. The Rod kids served the food. One wonders how much of that delicious food the kids got to eat. I hope that this time they got reasonable servings, since the food presumably was provided by the congregation and wasn't making a dent in Jill's makeup and stuffed animal and cologne budget. 

And, what's a marriage "charge"? 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I think you might be right!

That's a real Sophie's Choice game of would you rather. Would you rather have Josh or Jill Rod pull up in your driveway with an RV and plans to stay for a month?

Nope, easy choice. Jill may be overbearing and obnoxious, but Josh is a known predator. I'd choose Jill any day.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Zella said:

That's a real Sophie's Choice game of would you rather. Would you rather have Josh or Jill Rod pull up in your driveway with an RV and plans to stay for a month?

Josh, for sure.  Throw some food at him several times a day, and he’d most likely mind his own business.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Shrek giving godly marriage advice to people 30 years his senior?

If their marriages haven't worked out by now, I doubt they're out running around and  indulging in unbridled lust.  It's an odd theme for this audience, but Shrek knows a lot about the trials of marriage, being yoked to a fruitcake like he is. 

Add in the Rods' screechy singing and hokey acting, and this program qualifies as elder abuse. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

On 2/15/2020 at 2:05 AM, Temperance said:

It's hard to say right now. @doodlebug has surmised this better than I can, but it's hard to tell if they're taking this seriously. For example, originally, they announced this breast lump as a possible cancer. They were waiting on the pathology report. That was over a month ago. They still are dancing around whether this is cancer on the blog. It seems liking they're hoping Anna Marie won't have to do more than get to lump removed. Chemo, radiation or hormone treatments may mess with her fertility.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:34 PM, doodlebug said:

I could see Anna Marie and Christopher balking at chemo due to the likelihood of infertility.  They’re all about leaving their fertility up to God right up until there’s a good reason not to have more kids.

Good reason not to have more kids: Staying alive to raise your existing kids. Duh.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, Mojitogirl said:

I think the hand clutching shows how starved for affection these kids are. 

I think it may also fool them into thinking how much more in love they fall every day. Clutch clutch clutch = love love LOVE!!!

• Love 4

Every time I see Nathan it’s like he has a cartoon balloon over his head that says, “Immagonnagetlaid! Immagonnagetlaid! Holy shit, Immagonnagetlaid!”

Poor dumb awkward schmuck...his penis hasn’t figured out that getting some will include having Jill as a pathologically over-involved MIL for all eternity.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

She is too skinny but I like her outfit. She looks modern. I wonder if it's okay for them that the best really displays her chest?

It will be interesting to see how she looks after a few years of better food and back to back pregnancies.  Assuming, of course, that after she's married she is in control of her food intake, she may go way overboard with the eating because she's never learned how to regulate herself.

Mama Jill will probably throw a fit if her daughter reaches a normal weight, but once she's found out what it's like to actually have her fill of good tasting foods, it might not be possible for her to go back to the half starvation plan.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd be locking up the house and get the hell out of there for a month. They can fight over who can park on my driveway without bothering me. 

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She is too skinny but I like her outfit. She looks modern. I wonder if it's okay for them that the best really displays her chest?

The outfit looks like a 90s throwback to me, but it also looks good on her and fits in with 90s nostalgia. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy would have a stroke if he had to socialize with the Rods. I’m sure he feels superior to them in every way.

I’m feeling like we all would have a stroke if we had to socialize with them.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jeremy lives in someone’s house he is a freeloader like Rods. He just dresses up better.

Yes, but to be fair Jeremy isn’t trying to move into someone’s house while they are still living in it. Basically Jeremy is a freeloader and Jill is a home invasion robber. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd pick Jill too. 

Oddly enough, I think I'd pick Josh. I'm pretty sure his predator days are behind him, but in any case, there's no one in my house he would have any interest in. And I suspect he would probably keep pretty much to himself. I'd just have to fling some burgers or something his way every so often. Jill, on the other hand, would probably never shut up. If they came with their respective families, at least Josh's is smaller, and not as pathetic. Though it could make for an opportunity to feed Jill's kids a decent meal or two.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Nurie is literally nothing but skin and bones and boobs.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen earlobes as large as her’s.

Now that you point out the ears, I wonder if she inherited Shrek's, but is just lucky enough to be able to camouflage them with hair. 

Her outfit is actually kind of pretty on her...As someone else wondered ( I think on the next page - I was reading ahead), how did that vest pass muster, given that it really accentuates her bust? She is not particularly well-endowed, but that top really does play up what she does have. 

The skirt, also, seems as though it is light enough too really mold itself to her legs in the breeze. Though I find it a bit concerning that the way her left thigh appears to be outlined, it's no fuller than her extremely thin lower leg.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

😱

846BBD36-8F33-405B-A104-799BE76A60DB.jpeg

Of course there is joy, Jill.  You get to constantly travel around the country begging at unsuspecting poor churches, begging bowl at the ready for love offerings.  Your kids eat a ready supply of potluck dinners while you and Shrek get gifted restaurant date meals.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Josh, for sure.  Throw some food at him several times a day, and he’d most likely mind his own business.

Me, too. He’s scarable and lazy. Throw some junk food in the RV twice a day and tell him to stay in there or else.

Jill is insane and therefore impossible to reason with. She’d just keep following me around trying to convert me and that is NOT happening.

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She’d just keep following me around trying to convert me and that is NOT happening.

My dad frightened off the local God-botherers by forcing one of them to mow the lawn. (He's a pretty intimidating-looking guy covered in scary tattoos, and he was really drunk at the time. Ideas brought to you by alcohol. LOL) 

But because of that anecdote from my childhood, there is a part of me that wonders what would make Jill snap and stop trying to convert someone. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

Usually residents in senior citizen homes are up for any sort of free entertainment. I know this because my elementary school choir performed at my grandparents' residence many times.  But did the residents at whatever center JillRod and her family were at really like what they were seeing? Or was it just fodder for complaints the next few days?  Which probably is it own entertainment.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Laughing out loud on these pics:

It's clear she didn't even realize they spelled the surname wrong because she posted the first pic and then the SECOND one is a close up of the name. (By the way, this wasn't some enormous sign outside -- it was on the monitor inside (what looks to be) the conference room in this church. And get a load of all those engaged hostages churchgoers who attended. Average age: one step in the grave.

The jacket on the guy in the last picture is a thing to behold for sure. 

84357577_492834028071339_872044511269259
Jill must be in an eternal battle with conjunctivitis.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

84357577_492834028071339_872044511269259
Jill must be in an eternal battle with conjunctivitis.

Especially since they use each other’s makeup, according to Jill. I don’t know how in the world she can think that eye makeup looks good.  It all looks awful, just awful, but the eyeliner in particular is the worst I’ve ever seen.  I wouldn’t be seen in public looking like that if you paid me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, EAG46 said:

Usually residents in senior citizen homes are up for any sort of free entertainment. I know this because my elementary school choir performed at my grandparents' residence many times.  But did the residents at whatever center JillRod and her family were at really like what they were seeing? Or was it just fodder for complaints the next few days?  Which probably is it own entertainment.  

That special Valentine's Day event that Jill posted about, wasn't held at senior center. It was held at a church - Victory Baptist. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I think that guy in the last pic is the pastor in his magic act which could maybe explain the jacket

I hope he doesn't take out his magic wand and wave it as part of his act. 

OK. The bus to hell is leaving in five minutes. 

• LOL 20
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Especially since they use each other’s makeup, according to Jill. I don’t know how in the world she can think that eye makeup looks good.  It all looks awful, just awful, but the eyeliner in particular is the worst I’ve ever seen.  I wouldn’t be seen in public looking like that if you paid me.

There are 14 year old girls out there who use as much eyeliner as Jill does and, despite only a year or two of experience, do a far better job than she does.  It's not just that Jill wears too much eyeliner and mascara, she applies it sloppily, too.

• Love 11

I'd pick Josh any day of the week. I'd just address him as "sex pest Josh Duggar" every time I saw him, and I'd say that he has enough self-awareness to stay away after the first time or two. I believe that not only does Jill R. not have any self awareness, the grift game is strong with that one, and it would be nothing but bible tracts and asking for handouts every hour of every day that she and her family were here. And David would eat all of the food. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

There are 14 year old girls out there who use as much eyeliner as Jill does and, despite only a year or two of experience, do a far better job than she does.  It's not just that Jill wears too much eyeliner and mascara, she applies it sloppily, too.

Eyeliner is one of the few cosmetics i’ve found where the quality of the product makes a huge difference. Lipstick is the other. Everything else is made to be blended so you don’t need a lot of precision. With mascara, which is the other exception to this rule, there seem to be formulations in all price points which work decently, but i’ve never found a cheap eyeliner that works well. 

I know Jill drops a lot of dollars on shit like this for someone whose kids are starving, but i’m guessing she’s not spending enough to keep her and 3 teenagers in Lancôme, either. I suspect she uses a drugstore brand and the thick lines and clumps just kind of go with the territory. It doesn’t help that she apparently uses two or three coats of everything. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

We’re going to need to start posting warnings for those...

😱😱 😱😱😱😱😱😱

Without a doubt! Good grief! Lol.

I can't even imagine what the wedding pictures she'll take will look like. I wonder if they will have enough make up for all the girls. I'm sure it will be put on a 1000 times more than they wear it now.

Also, someone needs to teach Nurie and Nathan how to hold hands. Perhaps Anna. I'm still waiting for the picture of the two of them where Nathan doesn't look terrified. What a wedding this will be.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She looks like she put on her makeup six Budweisers down. In the dark.

And then staggered back to the Dew Drop In Bar ‘n’ Grill to grift drinks from lonely truckers and then fall asleep slumped over the bar while the stoic bartender wiped down the bar around her and hoped she would wake up before closing.

In short: that is not a good look.

Nailed it.

• Love 9