Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill Rod had a pic of Sofia in a Caroline's Cart, which is made for children with special needs. Not parents who are lazy, and don't want to wrangle their own kids. I sent  the story behind Caroline's Cart. I'm sure she knew that this was not an ordinary cart. 

I'd guarantee you that she knew.  She also probably thought that people seeing her child in it could garner her some sympathy free shit.  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill Rod had a pic of Sofia in a Caroline's Cart, which is made for children with special needs. Not parents who are lazy, and don't want to wrangle their own kids. I sent  the story behind Caroline's Cart. I'm sure she knew that this was not an ordinary cart. 

4 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

I'd guarantee you that she knew.  She also probably thought that people seeing her child in it could garner her some sympathy free shit.  

I thought that too. I'm also a hard-liner about people misusing accommodations intended for people with disabilities, including parking spaces and carts in stores. 

I bet JillR would stop short of posting anything that's a verifiable lie, but I wouldn't put it past her to exploit a situation to her best advantage by giving people the wrong idea. 

• Love 4
On 2/8/2020 at 10:20 PM, awaken said:

Oops^^^

Do you think JillR is already picking out & buying the stuffed toys & other gifts the kids are going to give her for Valentine's Day?  I'm sure she's been reminding Tim to send her something.   

• LOL 10

Something is rotten in the state of Maxhell.

Sarah put a random life today on the blog. The opening paragraphs contained this gem:

"We shared with you all the news that Anna Marie likely has cancer. How are we dealing with it? We’re grateful we know Who holds all things in His hands. Yes, while what Anna Marie is facing is possibly very serious, none of us are guaranteed another day. I could be in a car accident tomorrow and ushered into the presence of Jesus. We are very prayerful for Anna Marie and being as supportive as we can with their needs while all the time looking to the Lord for what His will is."

I don't know what to make of this. I don't why they don't know whether it's cancer or not. I don't why there are so many delays to scheduling treatment and coming up with a plan.  I shared Saturday that Anna Marie had asked for prayers that her meeting with the surgeon would result in scheduling surgery. They have yet to say it's cancer, even though the first post a month ago said the surgeon was sure, but just waiting on pathology. Did the pathology results get lost in the mail? Only God knows. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Something is rotten in the state of Maxhell.

Sarah put a random life today on the blog. The opening paragraphs contained this gem:

"We shared with you all the news that Anna Marie likely has cancer. How are we dealing with it? We’re grateful we know Who holds all things in His hands. Yes, while what Anna Marie is facing is possibly very serious, none of us are guaranteed another day. I could be in a car accident tomorrow and ushered into the presence of Jesus. We are very prayerful for Anna Marie and being as supportive as we can with their needs while all the time looking to the Lord for what His will is."

I don't know what to make of this. I don't why they don't know whether it's cancer or not. I don't why there are so many delays to scheduling treatment and coming up with a plan.  I shared Saturday that Anna Marie had asked for prayers that her meeting with the surgeon would result in scheduling surgery. They have yet to say it's cancer, even though the first post a month ago said the surgeon was sure, but just waiting on pathology. Did the pathology results get lost in the mail? Only God knows. 

I think it's possible they got very bad news and aren't emotionally ready to share it. I belong to a private FB group for a former coworker who has breast cancer (and is also, incidentally, fundie.) It's where she shares updates about her health. I can always tell if they got bad news because the updates are not timely--they'll mention an appointment and then go days before sharing what happened at that appointment--and when they do finally post the bad news, it is with a lot of detachment and fatalism. When it is good news, they're pretty prompt about sharing, by that evening of the appointment, and the tone is different (naturally).

That update on the Maxwell blog sounds like one of the pre-bad news updates my former coworker posts. I suspect they've already been told she has cancer, and it might not have a good prognosis. 😞 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

I have a friend with a son who is disabled. She had to fight like crazy to get one of those carts for her grocery store. It makes her grocery shopping so much easier with her son. The thought of someone using one of those carts unnecessarily makes my blood boil.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Hahaha! Susannah wouldn’t let her take a pic so she had to add a scanned copy of what looks like a picture from someone’s wedding. 

I was dying on that!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

If there are no regular carts available, then ChubbyHubby should’ve hauled his butt out to the parking lot and grabbed one there.  IMO, it is NEVER acceptable to use items meant for the disabled when you don’t need them.  Most stores that have Caroline’s Carts only have one; I don’t care if no one needs to use it all day; able-bodied people don’t get a pass.  If the only space in the lot was a handicapped space, is it ok to park there?  If you go into an airport or a hospital and they’ve got wheelchairs near the entrance, is it ok to hop in and take a spin?  Nope, NEVER.

The weird thing is Lowe’s has other kids carts that would seat a child this size. I’ve seen them in every Lowe’s i’ve ever been to in multiple states. They have plastic seats with steering wheels and nascar stickers down the side. They could have just used one of those if whichever emaciated waif this is couldn’t walk. I think whoever said upthread that this was Jill’s attempt to imply her child was disabled to increase the grifting was probably right. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

His forehead is so greasy. 

He needs to make a run for it while he’s still got the chance.  I wouldn’t marry into that mess for all the money in the world; however, I would pay big money to hear the talk that Jill gives Nurie about what to expect on her wedding night. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He needs to make a run for it while he’s still got the chance.  I wouldn’t marry into that mess for all the money in the world; however, I would pay big money to hear the talk that Jill gives Nurie about what to expect on her wedding night. 

“Now, honey, remember to keep the defibrillator charged and next to the bed in case he... wait, sorry, that’s just something I have to do for your dad.” 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

By this Christmas Nuri will be pregnant with Javid or Dillian.

IF she can become pregnant, as skinny as she is.  Seriously...I’m hoping those two kids spend their honeymoon stopping at every donut shop and roadside food truck from here to wherever they are going.  And back again. 
And speaking of honeymoons...I wholeheartedly believe that Jill and David will “surprise” the happy couple while on their honeymoon.  At least.  My bets are on them actually tagging along with the newlyweds.  Or Jill demanding her own second honeymoon at the same time or shortly after. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

And speaking of honeymoons...I wholeheartedly believe that Jill and David will “surprise” the happy couple while on their honeymoon.  At least.  My bets are on them actually tagging along with the newlyweds.  Or Jill demanding her own second honeymoon at the same time or shortly after. 

Ugh I can totally see any and all of the above happening. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I noticed the Nathan brought Nurie a Precious Moments figurine. My goodness, I forgot about those. Their heyday was around 1993 or so I think...? Bet he found it at Goodwill for a buck. 

Figurine went straight to mama. She loves that crap. Anything purple given to Nuri?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

IF she can become pregnant, as skinny as she is.  Seriously...I’m hoping those two kids spend their honeymoon stopping at every donut shop and roadside food truck from here to wherever they are going.  And back again. 

I’ve always thought that Jill will have an adjoining room next to N and N.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Did I miss when the wedding was? I didn't think they announced the date yet.

"where we were at" stay smart Jill, ugh.

The wedding will be sometime in July. The Wallers broke that news.

• Useful 1