Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So now that the kids have beds and bathrooms (or almost for the "on suite,") they'll be packed back into the RV to hit the road for food and money. At least the trip is shorter this time; those kids have to get back to work on the printing, renovating, and retreat planning. Never a dull moment at chez Rodrigues. Oh, they are homeschooling too. Jill forgot to mention that. 

• Love 5

So did the Rod kids each get the rooms that were previously in the house? Wasn't it a two bedroom house? So does that mean Jill and David are in the black an white floored area? I should have looked at the pictures on the realtor site more.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So did the Rod kids each get the rooms that were previously in the house? Wasn't it a two bedroom house? So does that mean Jill and David are in the black an white floored area? I should have looked at the pictures on the realtor site more.

ETA - Never mind. I was wrong.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

The black and white floored room is large, and looked like some kind of showroom or office. I think that's the room that was "remodeled" to be used as the girls' bedroom. Of course Jill and David got the "master" bedroom which came with a nicely equipped (shelves, etc.) walk in closet. The badly constructed corner "closet" in the girls' room is the tipoff to me that they got the big black and white floored room.

Thanks. That makes sense, like you said, the girls got a wonky closet and supposedly David put in a bathroom for them as well. I just wondered since Jill's before pictures showed a carpeted room with no black and white flooring in sight.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Kaylee has really pretty eyes and teeth. The tragic eyebrows and cheap makeup do her no favors.

I like make up, I wear lots of it but my make up never, ever looked or looks so bad. Even when I was her age, everyone came to me for tips. And those eyebrows are awful. They don't look real.

• Love 5

Here is a picture of the girl's room from the listing and Jill's before picture.

I think David and Jill must be sleeping in the RV until David renovates the room with black and white flooring. The house was listed as 2 bed, 1 bath, so he will probably build an "on suite" for that room as well.

20200208_065832.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-065744_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I like make up, I wear lots of it but my make up never, ever looked or looks so bad. Even when I was her age, everyone came to me for tips. And those eyebrows are awful. They don't look real.

*small voice* To be honest, even though Kaylee's eyebrows are way overplucked, I have to say that I  kind of prefer that look to the eyebrows currently in style. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The Boy's Dorm at the TTH has triple decker bunks or at least it used to. I remember us noticing them when they did Prayer Time there on the show. I'm sure JB got them at an auction & IIRC,  they were very basic looking and didn't look too safe.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

The boy's dorm also has that creepy secret attic space.....aa885ad979cda768a961b0a206e454dd.jpg

Where’s JD’s bed, looks like he’s sitting on a stool or end table.  Maybe two kids shared one of the bottom full size bunks.

IIRC the triple bunks were home made with the help of the Hortano young man (can’t recall his name). Didn’t he put it in his resume? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Didn’t he put it in his resume? 

Yes!!  Have they showed either the girls or boys bedrooms in the latest CO shows?  I get the impression that the girls dorm is sectioned off to give Jana a bit of privacy.  I wonder if they did similar in the boys dorm?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Yes!!  Have they showed either the girls or boys bedrooms in the latest CO shows?  I get the impression that the girls dorm is sectioned off to give Jana a bit of privacy.  I wonder if they did similar in the boys dorm?

Jana has a little desk in a corner where she draws, just like my 12 year old daughter does. Jana is talented but her drawings do not reflect her age.  I don’t know if there’s a privacy curtain.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Of course not, it’s even more dangerous for boys to have any privacy, especially in bed!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

What is all that crap on top of the water heater?  No, not  a good idea to put all that stuff there. Talk about hazards. This family lives in a fire trap that they designed themselves. What idiots....bless their hearts and praise the Lord.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

For unloading a washer, and loading a dryer, this setup is wacky, to me.

I know I love to rock in a chair in my laundry room, lol. JillR seems to love the look of furniture cornered to things. Very bizarre and impractical. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I know I love to rock in a chair in my laundry room, lol. JillR seems to love the look of furniture cornered to things. Very bizarre and impractical. 

It is probably so whatever small child doing laundry doesn't get sidetracked by aching legs.  Give em a place to sit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

What is all that crap on top of the water heater?  No, not  a good idea to put all that stuff there. Talk about hazards. This family lives in a fire trap that they designed themselves. What idiots....bless their hearts and praise the Lord.

That was my exact thought! Who puts a lamp on top of a water heater?!

• Love 14

The Maxwells just put up a prayer request for Anna Marie Maxwell.  She is battling something that is probably cancer. The Maxwells have yet to admit its cancer, which is a bad sign. They have told us that it's probably cancer, but the doctor/surgeon was waiting for the pathology report to come back before he declared it cancer. That was a month ago. 

Today's post says she's meeting "a surgeon" on Monday to hopefully schedule surgery. It's sounds like it's not the same surgeon she met before, but I could be wrong. I don't why this is as hard as it is. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but none of this sounds good. 

Edited by Temperance
grammar

Is Sofia disabled? Because that cart is a Caroline's Cart. It was designed for older special needs children, allowing their parents to shop and not have to maneuver a wheelchair and a shopping cart at the same time. Most stores that have them only have the one. It's like stealing a handicapped parking spot. They are meant to make the lives of exhausted caregivers easier, not the lives of lazy asshole parents who don't want to wrangle their own damn kids.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

The boy's dorm also has that creepy secret attic space.....aa885ad979cda768a961b0a206e454dd.jpg

I count 10 kids in that room; is that right?!

and what’s with putting a rocking chair in FRONT of the washer?  Just strange, like putting the dresser in front of the bed. Why?!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Is Sofia disabled? Because that cart is a Caroline's Cart. It was designed for older special needs children, allowing their parents to shop and not have to maneuver a wheelchair and a shopping cart at the same time. Most stores that have them only have the one. It's like stealing a handicapped parking spot. They are meant to make the lives of exhausted caregivers easier, not the lives of lazy asshole parents who don't want to wrangle their own damn kids.

Oh, I'm sure it's an oversight or that the Lowe's employees were so overcome by Jill's example of Godly motherhood that they insisted. After all, it's not like Jill has the experience of a SEVERELY disabled family member or is under a religious requirement to care for the sick... OH WAIT...

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

What made the Duggar parents think it was a good idea for the boys to have a secret attic space with Josh around? Oh right it’s probably never occurred to them that he could molest a boy, idiots. 

16 hours ago, SMama said:

Where’s JD’s bed, looks like he’s sitting on a stool or end table.  Maybe two kids shared one of the bottom full size bunks.

IIRC the triple bunks were home made with the help of the Hortano young man (can’t recall his name). Didn’t he put it in his resume? 

I was wondering if perhaps there’s a single bed there in the corner, and a stool was put in front for JD to sit on for the photo. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Was JillR's latest post removed? It's not showing up for me.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She deleted it. 

Makes me wonder if somebody asked them if they got building permits for those extra bathrooms that the marvelous David is adding to the house. Heh.

ETA: I haven't researched it, but I'd bet that the county has a building code and a system to enforce it. I assume the property isn't in an incorporated area so the county laws would apply for things like building codes.

Also, someone upthread mentioned that the place has a septic tank system, and said system might not be properly sized to support that large number of residents. Maybe somebody commented on JillR's deleted post with a question about that. Also, heh.

Further ETA: Okay, I decided to look it up myself. The Rods' property is located in Wayne County, outside the city of Wooster. Wayne County has a Building Department which enforces its building code. Permits and inspections are required for residential and commercial building projects. 

Also the Wayne County Health Department oversees plumbing work and their website states clearly that "Plumbing system installation inspections are made when plumbing systems are installed in all new homes or businesses in Wayne County, or when plumbing systems are altered in existing homes or businesses. A permit to do such plumbing work is required to be obtained from our department. A registered plumbing contractor will determine the number of fixtures needed and will obtain a permit based on this information".  That department also oversees septic systems.

I'd like to think that JillR and the marvelous David pulled all the proper permits for their remodeling projects. I suspect that may not be the case.

Edited by Jeeves
more thoughts
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Jill probably  doesn't know the story behind Caroline's Cart. She's just a lazy asshole, who doesn't want to watch her own children. That's why she makes the older ones do it. 

• Love 10

She didn't delete the post, it's her Instagram story. I don't know how to copy the pics though.  

So, they did all this construction, and now are in Florida. Hope the house doesn't burn down since they were stupid enough to put a lamp and fake flowers on top of the water heater. Honestly, that laundry area is even scarier than all the beds crammed into little rooms and the bathroom he constructed. SO MANY FIRE HAZARDS IN ONE ROOM! Hell, a friend of mine had her laundry room catch on fire a few years ago, the dryer vent clogged up. I happen to have another friend who lives in the same condo complex and I sure as hell called her that day and told her to check hers and I called my mom too. My mom actually had her house catch on fire years ago. We had just moved into the house a few months before and she ordered a new fridge. The delivery guys rang the door bell at the front door.... that we never used. Hours later, my sister's friend's mom showed up to pick her daughter up and while my mom was talking to her in the laundry room by the side door which is what we really used, my mom saw smoke float past. Yeah, the door bell wiring had  sparked and was smoldering in the wall. Almost 30 years later and my mom still refuses to have a door bell put back in. Seeing as I don't think anyone has ever gone thru the front door to this day, you know it's no one she knows if they are going to that door anyway. 

13 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

That pissed me off when I saw it, that's actually what I came to talk about. You can't tell me they couldn't have made her walk or used a regular cart. Hell, it pisses me off when I go places with people and they want me to bring MY handicapped parking pass so they don't have to walk. I have MS, have had it for 17 years, but only got my parking pass like 2 years ago. I put it off as long as I could, I knew there would be a day where I didn't have a choice.   Even now, if I can find a parking space relatively close or it's not a potential fall in the making from snow or ice, I don't use it most of the time. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she didn't know what the cart meant, but it seems she's disabled the comments on her Insta, so no one can even repeatedly tell her. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

She didn't delete the post, it's her Instagram story. I don't know how to copy the pics though.  

Thanks for that. I grabbed screen shots, which are displaying in a different order than on her story. In the IG story, the "What?" photo comes first, then the explanation about the bathrooms, then the "Daddy's girl" pic, and finally the "neat!" pic.

365325278_4ScreenShot2020-02-09at10_00_05AM.png.e3a5c9ba1003585b1b233bf4d85bd902.png852380400_3ScreenShot2020-02-09at9_59_17AM.png.9a2de100abf1844e96047b7e965be945.png1026877711_2ScreenShot2020-02-09at9_58_43AM.png.dcf9756c22455271c1ba798442137f7d.png409148240_1ScreenShot2020-02-09at10_03_22AM.png.4b5c88addea0b32b6f9e3de4c647149b.png

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Also, someone upthread mentioned that the place has a septic tank system, and said system might not be properly sized to support that large number of residents. Maybe somebody commented on JillR's deleted post with a question about that. Also, heh.

Jill and Shek probably have the kids on a strict potty schedule.  They probably make the boys pee outside and only flush once a day.  Can you imagine?

• Love 1

I thought I saw somewhere that Jill’s dad is in the septic business?  Maybe he  inspected it for the short term and is going to put in a bigger one this spring. 🤷🏻‍♀️  Jill and Co. aren’t above drifting from family IMHO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jill Rod had a pic of Sofia in a Caroline's Cart, which is made for children with special needs. Not parents who are lazy, and don't want to wrangle their own kids. I sent  the story behind Caroline's Cart. I'm sure she knew that this was not an ordinary cart. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

No clue why, and not that it matters, but she did delete the post. She also had the pictures in her stories, but she deleted the actual post.

• Love 2