Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill has once again used a crazy amount of filters on that pic, so there's no telling what she and Tessie really look like. They are practically glowing and Jill has used some filter to brighten the whites of her eyes and her teeth.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, louannems said:

I can't tell if Jill has dollar store press on glitter nails and polish, or expensive manicures.  But she sure does change her polish often considering she ought to be unpacking her horde of nicknacks.

It looks cheaply done. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I never heard that, that she refers to some of her children as “dark” children. Hmmm...

She does, but Jill is quick to point out their darkness comes from David's PORTUGUESE heritage, NOT MEXICAN heritage!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

She does, but Jill is quick to point out their darkness comes from David's PORTUGUESE heritage, NOT MEXICAN heritage!

That's Rodrigues with an S!!!!!

At least there's no ambiguity in my Portuguese family name. It's the same in Portuguese as Hispanic. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

Tessie is the one that she refers to as her "dark" child. 😐

I thought the "dark" child was Hannah? (She's the next one down, and also really cute in a way that most of the Rodlets just...aren't.)

I tried to check this on the Rod family page (as in, compare their photos and see if I was remembering correctly which kid is which), but all the photos on the "Our Children" page show broken links except for Janessa's...

• Love 1

Spain and Portugal are side by side.When I had my ethnicity done,it came out that way,as Iberian Peninsula,or Spain/Portugal.There was no difference.They must be closely genetically related,and I think Hispanics,or what we would consider Mexican,are a mix of Spanish and American Indian.Someone correct me if I'm wrong,thx

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

^^Do people really read all that Bible word salad stuff? Even the fundies? Or do they just scan through it and nod and think oh what a godly young man?

I gotta admit to feeling cynical as all hell about Bible bashers right now. I've learned that last year when someone I know was seriously ill and incapacitated in the hospital, a relative sat at her bedside, vomited theology all over her, and told her she was going to Hell because she wasn't saved according to his church's prescription. She's NOT a follower of that denomination, BTW.

So, yeah, those people can go fuck themselves.

• Love 7

Phillip/Jill most likely copy pasted that from somewhere.

From the pic of Phillip it seems they may be adding an addition to the new homestead and ala  jill and derick, writing bible verses on the prefinshed construction

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

^^Do people really read all that Bible word salad stuff? Even the fundies? Or do they just scan through it and nod and think oh what a godly young man?

I attempted to read the word salad, and it is seriously lacking.  It starts off okay and in the hands of an actual theologian this could be an interesting exploration on what it means to be faithful to god in the small ways.  Unfortunately, this was written by a member of the Rodriguez family and it never takes off.  He (and I do not think Jill wrote this) never gives any specifics and just keeps on repeating the same theme to get his word count.  This reads like the introductory sentences of a 5 paragraph essay before listing the 3 points he wants to make followed immediately by the concluding sentences of the essay.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I attempted to read the word salad, and it is seriously lacking.  It starts off okay and in the hands of an actual theologian this could be an interesting exploration on what it means to be faithful to god in the small ways.  Unfortunately, this was written by a member of the Rodriguez family and it never takes off.  He (and I do not think Jill wrote this) never gives any specifics and just keeps on repeating the same theme to get his word count.  This reads like the introductory sentences of a 5 paragraph essay before listing the 3 points he wants to make followed immediately by the concluding sentences of the essay.  

I felt exhausted just reading it! And I do think these kinds of religious people are exhausted all the time just trying to live up to their legalistic expectations.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

I felt exhausted just reading it! And I do think these kinds of religious people are exhausted all the time just trying to live up to their legalistic expectations.

I agree, I tried reading it too and gave up. My head hurt. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

My inner DIYer just looks at the time it took to write all that crap on the sheathing and they could have insulated the entire room instead.

Looking at that bad stud, I'd say David is in charge and working on the cheap. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Looking at that bad stud, I'd say David is in charge and working on the cheap. 

For a second I thought you were referring to whichever underfed over brainwashed kid that is...🤔

Then I saw that cracked 2x4. Who does 2x4 in Ohio? If that’s living space, it’s going to be a bitch to heat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I'm just going to say that I would be totally creeped out if I rehabbed my home and found Bible verses on the inner walls. I have nothing against Christianity or Christians, but I'm not a huge fan of the Bible. (no offense intended)

But ...

If I did find that scribble on my walls, I would imagine a family just like the Jrods did it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A bunch of pictures:

1.) These look like the scribblings of hostages. 

2.) It's "en suite," Jill ... not "on suite." Fucking dumbass. I guess there aren't any bible passages that would explain that to her.

When I see these drawings and Bible verses inside the walls, I picture a horror movie where a family move into in old abandoned house and do a thorough remodel, and when they tear down the walls they discover the Bible verses. Throughout the movie they learn of the previous owners: a family of overly zealous, patricarchal cult members who beat and starve their children of love, education and food. I'm not sure where I'd have the movie go in the third act... I'll have to think on that one. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

“Lier?”

Also "Obediant" and "Disobediant" from the same hand. I'm guessing that spelling is not this kid's forte.

11 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

2.) It's "en suite," Jill ... not "on suite." Fucking dumbass. I guess there aren't any bible passages that would explain that to her.

To be fair (as much as it pains me), she did spell it correctly earlier in the post. Seems a weird sort of typo to make, though.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Also "Obediant" and "Disobediant" from the same hand. I'm guessing that spelling is not this kid's forte.

To be fair (as much as it pains me), she did spell it correctly earlier in the post. Seems a weird sort of typo to make, though.

Sorry. I just saw “Lier” and walked away. I didn’t even notice the others. Sheesh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

A redditor posted a screen shot of the original post. She wrote "on suite" twice in the original and fixed only the first occurrence in the edited post.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

When I see these drawings and Bible verses inside the walls, I picture a horror movie where a family move into in old abandoned house and do a thorough remodel, and when they tear down the walls they discover the Bible verses. Throughout the movie they learn of the previous owners: a family of overly zealous, patricarchal cult members who beat and starve their children of love, education and food. I'm not sure where I'd have the movie go in the third act... I'll have to think on that one. 

Murder suicide 😞

15 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Sorry. I just saw “Lier” and walked away. I didn’t even notice the others. Sheesh.

Same 🤣

• Love 2

I guess the girls are getting a dorm like the Duggars did. Jill and David will probably claim the original bath as their "on suite" so the boys' bath will probably be in the aheer-vee. Does David know anything about plumbing and carpentry? Wonder if he pulled permits for the job (ha, ha). How soon before the pipes freeze or the septic system breaks down? We'll hear about it, of course, when Jill bemoans their misfortune and begs for money. 

Good point, @Giant Misfit. Notes from hostages. This family gets creepier by the minute. 

• Love 14
On 1/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I read the whole thing. I'm an atheist, second generation, so no religious tradition. It all seems really weird. All I'm thinking while reading this is, how do people live this way? 

• Love 13

Wow...it seems as if the girls got all the looks in the family and the boys got the shaft.  The majority of the Not Nuries are absolutely beautiful IMHO and would be breathtakingly so with the right coaching.  Adolescent awkwardness aside, these poor boys don’t have a chance.  Not even Timothy, who I consider to be the most handsome of the bunch. 

So here’s what I’m wondering...with Nurie  marrying into adjacent fundie royalty,  and the upcoming nuptials, it’s apparent that the parents had a LOT to do with this arrangement.  So how will the boys find their helpmeets?  Their lives are so insular. They go nowhere but to churches and “dates” with their parents. And they already snagged themselves a Keller. Marrying another child into the same family would be creepy AF.  I seriously doubt any of the other royals would entertain a merger between their children. The Duggars are radio silent on the Nurie acquisition and that speaks volumes.  And forget the Bateses...they aim higher than even the Duggars.   I know there are other fundie families out there but there is no opportunity for them to meet...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Wow...it seems as if the girls got all the looks in the family and the boys got the shaft.  The majority of the Not Nuries are absolutely beautiful IMHO and would be breathtakingly so with the right coaching.  Adolescent awkwardness aside, these poor boys don’t have a chance.  Not even Timothy, who I consider to be the most handsome of the bunch. 

The third son (I think? Samuel?) is not bad looking. Better than Timothy, and kind of "normal" looking, which is the best that could be said for a Rodrigues boy.He's in the first picture here:  https://www.instagram.com/p/B6gH9LmpniK/

As for the girls ... it's hard to get a good read under the frumpy clothes, plus all the make-up on the older ones. I thought Tessie used to be one of the homelier ones, and now she's adorable, so they can definitely grow out of their awkward stages. Maybe the boys will be late bloomers!

• Love 3

I don't think either Samuel or Tim are hideous-looking, and I think the girls would be pretty without the hooker makeup. Ultimately, I suspect it is likely pointless to evaluate the Rod kids' looks until they leave home and actually get to eat (as Tim has done). 😞

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

So here’s what I’m wondering...with Nurie  marrying into adjacent fundie royalty,  and the upcoming nuptials, it’s apparent that the parents had a LOT to do with this arrangement.  So how will the boys find their helpmeets?  Their lives are so insular. They go nowhere but to churches and “dates” with their parents. And they already snagged themselves a Keller. Marrying another child into the same family would be creepy AF.  I seriously doubt any of the other royals would entertain a merger between their children. The Duggars are radio silent on the Nurie acquisition and that speaks volumes.  And forget the Bateses...they aim higher than even the Duggars.   I know there are other fundie families out there but there is no opportunity for them to meet...

They shall get the shaft on their wedding night!

• LOL 10