Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

When I paint indoors I paint barefoot. Is there an issue with this that I do not know about?

I do too. That way I know if I step in paint and won't track the paint elsewhere. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ouinason said:

/raises hand slowly

I did this.  I am disabled and was going to lose medicaid and SSI because my husband got a raise of 10 cent, and we could not afford the insurance that was offered (which is so bad that it did not meet Obamacare requirements, so we would have paid a couple hundred a month for insurance and still been fined).  We got divorced, I kept my benefits and my husband still is uninsured.  

this is what my cousin had to do...she divorced her husband so she could keep benefits on the disabled child...hubby made too much money....and I PERSONALLY know of others who had to do it....

12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

That is too simplistic.  Eligibility for any free health care, normally called Medicaid for low income individuals, is very complicated and need based on income and assets.  And depending on your state, it can take forever to get those benefits except in situations of disability.  If the father was living with the children, I don't understand this scenario at all.  Sorry.

well it would be that simple for her...divorce, live together and get coverage....there is actually a movement now among all people of faith...muslims, christians, mennonites amish ETC...to just get "married" in the faith...fill out the license and never turn it in...just because these types of things concerting health insurance... are happening to people....I heard a story recently about widowed retirees in florida who get married this way...and get to keep the deceased spouses pension as well as the benefits they received....

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

this is what my cousin had to do...she divorced her husband so she could keep benefits on the disabled child...hubby made too much money....and I PERSONALLY know of others who had to do it....

I'm also aware of one couple who has done this. I don't know the inner details, but the husband is friends with my brother. When his wife passed away, I was confused about how distraught the husband was because they were divorced, and I was informed by my brother that it was for insurance reasons, but they still lived together and considered themselves married. I see no reason to doubt what I was told about their situation or that it happens to others. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

I agree that the photo is staged. You don't climb a ladder barefoot and those clothes she is wearing are no for painting. No matter what, you get SOME paint on them. I wear my 'wash the car', do the yardwork' clothes when I paint AND I wear my old garden sneakers. Good foot protection is very important when doing manual labor. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Staged. There's no way they would be painting with all the stuff in the crib. 

3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I agree that the photo is staged. You don't climb a ladder barefoot and those clothes she is wearing are no for painting. No matter what, you get SOME paint on them. I wear my 'wash the car', do the yardwork' clothes when I paint AND I wear my old garden sneakers. Good foot protection is very important when doing manual labor. 

She shared video on her stories. It appeared as though they were painting the new wainscoting they build in, not the whole wall. Ladder wouldn’t have been necessary, and the stuff could have easily stayed in the crib. I’m not sure that Carlin herself did any actual painting, but Evan and a few of her brothers did. 

I always paint barefoot. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I haven't checked the Pecan blog, but this is the time of the year for the ATI conference in Australia. I want to know why Nathan and David are dressed identically. Don't they know how stupid they look?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I haven't checked the Pecan blog, but this is the time of the year for the ATI conference in Australia. I want to know why Nathan and David are dressed identically. Don't they know how stupid they look?

OMG. What the hell is in the “twins” pockets?

• LOL 3
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

and WTH is wrong with their pants?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Checked the blog. They're actually headed to Zambia to visit the Shraders (Anna's sister Esther, her bipolar husband John,  and their 11-soon to be 12- kids). Esther is due fairly soon; will this group be there for the birth of another poor little Shrader?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

His screen name looks like "David incel" if you read it too fast.

• LOL 11

I'm not sure who the two unfamiliar people are. I haven't seen David's dad in a long time, and why would he go on a trip to visit Prissy's family? I do think the young woman might be one of David's sisters, but could be a young woman from church there to act as a nanny.

7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Would those two young men be wearing an uniform for any reason?   That was my first reaction.

No, they dress alike more often than is normal for even brothers. This is far from the first time 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

What? No post from JillyR on how WONDERFUL it is that Nathan is going to this conference. Then asking GOD to watch over him and for ALL of US to PRAY for HIM and that Nurie MISSES HIM SO MUCH!!!!

Matching shirts on brothers that age...good grief!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Madtown said:

What? No post from JillyR on how WONDERFUL it is that Nathan is going to this conference. Then asking GOD to watch over him and for ALL of US to PRAY for HIM and that Nurie MISSES HIM SO MUCH!!!!

We did get this comment from Jill Dillard:

"Yay! So excited for y’all! Is this y’all’s first time to visit them?"

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They look like four year olds!

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Checked the blog. They're actually headed to Zambia to visit the Shraders (Anna's sister Esther, her bipolar husband John,  and their 11-soon to be 12- kids). Esther is due fairly soon; will this group be there for the birth of another poor little Shrader?

Wow!  Big trip. Should certainly provide some fodder for our discussion here!  Hopefully they’ll post pics and long, grammatically incorrect blog entries!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, they dress alike more often than is normal for even brothers. This is far from the first time 

At least the casual follower (me) can still tell them apart, because the younger brother is marginally less fugly than Nathan. Yes, I said it. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

We did get this comment from Jill Dillard:

"Yay! So excited for y’all! Is this y’all’s first time to visit them?"

Apparently, Jill doesn't read the convoluted  prose of John Shrader. He posted a few days ago that it would be the first time Esther's family had been to Africa. He didn't specify which family members were coming, so Pecan's post today cleared that up. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Nathan kind of reminds me of one of the KKK members/redneck scum in Mississippi Burning. Not saying Nathan is a racist! but the resemblance to those characters is very real, especially with that shirt. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

Matching shirts on brothers that age...good grief!

Nurie is SEVERELY distressed in missing NATHAN. She bought them matching outfits at KMART after praying over it with PAPA.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 1/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, sugarplum said:

She shared video on her stories. It appeared as though they were painting the new wainscoting they build in, not the whole wall. Ladder wouldn’t have been necessary, and the stuff could have easily stayed in the crib. I’m not sure that Carlin herself did any actual painting, but Evan and a few of her brothers did. 

I always paint barefoot. 🤷‍♀️

Ah. I don't follow any of the IG accounts anymore. I only see the screenshots you guys post here. 

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Should have taken JRod and left her there. John Shrader was truly her soulmate, not Shrek. 

• LOL 4
46 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Ah. I don't follow any of the IG accounts anymore. I only see the screenshots you guys post here. 

Normally, I’m right there with you! I get it!  I depend on the screenshots of others. This just happened to be a time I had opened Instagram for the first time in ages, before coming here, and saw her stories about the guys building the wall, and then the stories of them painting. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

John Shrader and JRod together is a truly scary thought!

I think perhaps some of the Shrader kids may marry some of the Rod kids.If so,then I can only imagine the crusades they will get themselves into! Vs charades.lol

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I guess Nurie will be following Gothard too, very soon.

Don't the Rods follow Gothard already? Or am I making stuff up? I mean, the banana curls, the make-up to highlight their countenance, the modesty shirts/skirts, the daddy worship...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I think perhaps some of the Shrader kids may marry some of the Rod kids.If so,then I can only imagine the crusades they will get themselves into! Vs charades.lol

Enoch turns 18 next year and it seems like he has to get the hell out of dodge once he does. Maybe one of the younger Rodlets? He could always join his uncles' lawn care company.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Don't the Rods follow Gothard already? Or am I making stuff up? I mean, the banana curls, the make-up to highlight their countenance, the modesty shirts/skirts, the daddy worship...

No, they don't follow Gothard. They're just hard line IFB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Nurie is SEVERELY distressed in missing NATHAN. She bought them matching outfits at KMART after praying over it with PAPA.

And Nurie is at home wearing a blue and red top with a gold maxi skirt sending Nathan selfies, with Jill in the pic too, of course.

• LOL 10

After a 19 hour flight, the Wallers (minus the two non-Wallers in their airport shot) are spending the night in Ethiopia before heading to Zambia. I wonder if Nathan can even get Nurie's texts now.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

After a 19 hour flight, the Wallers (minus the two non-Wallers in their airport shot) are spending the night in Ethiopia before heading to Zambia. I wonder if Nathan can even get Nurie's texts now.

Poor kid will probably get hit with one hell of a roaming charge if it is regular texting. Hopefully he has Whatsapp. We all know Shrader uses all the internet bandwidth in Kafue to post his pomes so Nurie might be waiting awhile. 

• LOL 11

Grimacing Kylee is available! Jill Rodrigues

Enoch can be Kylee dream boy farmer! Ohio home has oodles of land to grow Plexus.

Jill: Nuri send Nathan pics of you chewing purple gum while wearing your fanciest dress with modesty panels made out of grandmas curtains! Be sure to show him your bare ankles. 

Nathan: Nike!

• LOL 4

I don’t frequent these forums often but I thought I’d ask, has anyone seen a pic of Erin Bates’ little baby with her eyes open? The only pics I’ve seen are with her sleeping. 

ETA: I found one. 😂

Edited by Soup333
  • LOL 5