Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Spotting can occur right around the time a woman would normally have her period and is frequently mistaken for a light period.  If the woman has no major pregnancy symptoms, she might not take a test.  It doesn't seem as if Priscilla is compulsively testing.  It happened to a couple friends of mine.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, queenanne said:

He looks huge, and also seems to be developing a dowager’s/camel hump made of fat.

I noticed that too. One of my sisters has a dowager's hump. It's the bane of her existence. 

David really does seem to have gained weight, and that posture of his just makes it worse. He looks like a big ol' lump. I think I'll call him Lumpy from here on out.

• LOL 11
59 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

ya’lls prayers have been answered!!  Jilly and Tubby closed on a house!   😂😂😂

Isn't that what a realtor is supposed to do?  It's much easier nowadays when you can view houses on line when in the past a person had  to physically tour a house to see what it looked like. Meaning less work for the realtor.  

The realtor wore that to the closing?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I seldomly read this thread because I just can’t with Jill R.

First off, wow David is huge. Normally this would not bother me or be worthy of comment except for the fact that his kids are orbiting the living skeleton stage of hunger. How the hell did they explain that?

Where do they get the money for this house?  They pretty much destroyed my faith in humanity when they got a 4-year-old car for free.

I see they’re going with the giant steel building warehouse look that the Duggers have. I have to believe that’s intentional. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 8

Someone on FJ also did some digging, and Ohio's homeschooling laws are far more strict than WV's. They have to submit lesson plans, complete with books, and test at the end of each school year (900 hours). Not to mention, the teacher needs at least a GED. Not sure if Jill got one from her Joyful Noyes homeschool. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone on FJ also did some digging, and Ohio's homeschooling laws are far more strict than WV's. They have to submit lesson plans, complete with books, and test at the end of each school year (900 hours). Not to mention, the teacher needs at least a GED. Not sure if Jill got one from her Joyful Noyes homeschool. 

This makes my heart happy. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Wooster is an odd little town. It's very rural, but very liberal and arty at the same time. . . . 

As much as the J Rods might think they will be in their little religious bubble in the country, I have a feeling they will be eaten alive there with their abject stupidity and grifting. 

Ooh. What a setup for JillR drah-MAH! I'll stay tuned.

giphy.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They could easily sign the kids up for online schooling, but they would actually have to keep up with it, do the work, and actually pass. And it's possible to be basically expelled from it if you don't do the work, my nephew was. He was honestly biding his time until he turned 16 and my sister and her ex would sign off on him dropping out. 

• Useful 4

Yeah I'm guessing the boys will sleep in the shed or living room. The girls will get the other bedroom. 

Ohio though. I thought they would be grifting in Florida. How will Jill survive without precious Nurie who is marrying a Duggar adjacent?

14 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Yeah I'm guessing the boys will sleep in the shed or living room. The girls will get the other bedroom. 

Ohio though. I thought they would be grifting in Florida. How will Jill survive without precious Nurie who is marrying a Duggar adjacent?

I have the sinking feeling that Nathan will feel called to leave his family and live in Ohio too once he gets married. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

What is known about Wooster? That barn looks to be in the middle of nowhere.

It's a small city about an hour/hour and a half from Cleveland; less than an hour from Akron. Very accessible by freeway.  Several colleges/universities in the area.  In Wayne County, which has a lot of farmland although Wooster has quite a bit of factory-type industry.

• Useful 3

well...i couldn't find it on free Jinger...would love to see the inside...do you know what thread it is in on free Jinger...and why would they not buy a house with enough bedrooms for the kids...???

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

I have the sinking feeling that Nathan will feel called to leave his family and live in Ohio too once he gets married. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. 

I would be very surprised if this is true. Nathan has a business and parents and his business partner, his brother.

Also I expect Jill to move again by the end of the year. Or else spend most of it on the road. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I would be very surprised if this is true. Nathan has a business and parents and his business partner, his brother.

Jill is also a fucking lunatic, and Nathan seems like a pushover. I can totally see her pitching a shitfit to end all shitfits about Nurie staying near Mommy and him caving, despite the fact it makes no practical sense. I hope I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Also I expect Jill to move again by the end of the year. Or else spend most of it on the road. 

I could see this too. It would not surprise me if she finds herself in Florida eventually, especially if Nurie does go down there. I am actually surprised Tim has been allowed to live so long out of state without the family suddenly being moved to join him. 

• Love 5

I could see them using a homeschool co-op. Jill could outsource her responsibilities to her older girls,  signing them up to be teacher's aides for the youngest kids. I've seen other large homeschool families do this to keep up with state requirements. 

I went to a Christian college in north central Ohio, and it is pretty diverse. All of my roommates were even more conservative than the Rodrigues family - no makeup, jewelry, or haircuts in addition to long skirts. There are Amish, Mennonite, Pentacostal, and Baptist groups in the area. Some of my classmates were from the Wooster area.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

well...i couldn't find it on free Jinger...would love to see the inside...do you know what thread it is in on free Jinger...and why would they not buy a house with enough bedrooms for the kids...???

I don't know about FJ but I found links and discussion on r/fundiesnark on reddit. It's a 3200 square foot metal building, of which part has been finished as living space. Two bedrooms, one bath. A big shop area for David's printshop machines. With a little work they could finish a large office room as a third bedroom, and with some work and money could maybe add a bathroom. It isn't rundown looking or anything but it's - odd - and doesn't seem very well suited to house a family of, what, ten or more kids? 

Maybe she'll try to grift some home improvement help and materials. She's got game when it comes to grifting so it might work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

The Rods threads are Members Only. But the Zillow link is there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

One bathroom for 14 (soon will be 13) people? Sure, Jan.

There's a stove in the Zillow pics. It's tucked under the window. They'll probably wash their clothes in the bathtub.  😂 

Ugh, quoted the wrong person. Damn Kindle. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Disregard. Board glitch.

I totally missed the stove! Well, it's not like they cook. Apparently, they're near a farm, so I expect they will be grifting food when they are at home.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

One bathroom for 14 (soon will be 13) people? Sure, Jan.

A septic tank no less not meant for 13 people either...

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I don't know about FJ but I found links and discussion on r/fundiesnark on reddit. It's a 3200 square foot metal building, of which part has been finished as living space. Two bedrooms, one bath. A big shop area for David's printshop machines. With a little work they could finish a large office room as a third bedroom, and with some work and money could maybe add a bathroom. It isn't rundown looking or anything but it's - odd - and doesn't seem very well suited to house a family of, what, ten or more kids? 

Maybe she'll try to grift some home improvement help and materials. She's got game when it comes to grifting so it might work.

I was wondering if they bought it to flip it and sell it. But then I realized this is JRod and her crew so it was probably just a property the realtor was trying to get rid of.

• Love 3

Around here, lots of people build this type of structure. They use it to live in temporarily while they build a nice house. Then they use the barn for a barn or workshop. 

I wonder if these guys plan to remodel the barn or actually build a decent house?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe they'll drive their stink RV over the state line back to WV for school.  They can park park at the "Welcome to West Virginia" rest stop all day.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The Maxwells happy new years post was up. I didn't read carefully at first. Besides wishing everyone a happy new years, they want suggestions on what to blog about. 

"We’d love to know what topics you’d like to see on the blog; we value your ideas."

The main things people seem to want is content about the adult girls/children living at home and more random life photo drops particularly featuring Arnold the cat and Ellie the dog.  Also more recipes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells happy new years post was up. I didn't read carefully at first. Besides wishing everyone a happy new years, they want suggestions on what to blog about. 

"We’d love to know what topics you’d like to see on the blog; we value your ideas."

I'd like to know what sewing patterns Anna Marie uses.

(Actually that question is asked now and then.)

I don't feel like looking back through their posts but  I thought they were going to post favorite easy recipes of the home schooling moms.  I think we got a couple but that was it. 

ETA:  I was only kidding about the sewing patterns. I just read through the suggestions and something similar was suggested.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

The main things people seem to want is content about the adult girls/children living at home and more random life photo drops particularly featuring Arnold the cat and Ellie the dog.  Also more recipes. 

I'd like to know how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I could see them using a homeschool co-op. Jill could outsource her responsibilities to her older girls,  signing them up to be teacher's aides for the youngest kids. I've seen other large homeschool families do this to keep up with state requirements. 

I went to a Christian college in north central Ohio, and it is pretty diverse. All of my roommates were even more conservative than the Rodrigues family - no makeup, jewelry, or haircuts in addition to long skirts. There are Amish, Mennonite, Pentacostal, and Baptist groups in the area. Some of my classmates were from the Wooster area.

Don't you have to stay put to use a co-op? The Rods like to pick up and travel to churches far and wide to sing and get fed. 

I don't think all the girls will fit in a single bedroom. Some of the kids are going to have to go back in the RV. The metal barn is fairly big but open like a warehouse, and David's printing equipment will go there. Is that space heated? 

How did the Rods end up in Ohio? Is Jill offering an explanation for this move? Wonder where they'll go next. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Don't you have to stay put to use a co-op? The Rods like to pick up and travel to churches far and wide to sing and get fed. 

I don't think all the girls will fit in a single bedroom. Some of the kids are going to have to go back in the RV. The metal barn is fairly big but open like a warehouse, and David's printing equipment will go there. Is that space heated? 

How did the Rods end up in Ohio? Is Jill offering an explanation for this move? Wonder where they'll go next. 

There is what looks like quite a large room, with a checkerboard vinyl floor, that may have been used as an office. The discussion on reddit was, and I agree, that they could use that as the girls' bedroom. Think, the girls' dorm in the TTH.

The building isn't just one huge barn like building. It has a "wing" with a lower roofline which I think is where the "residential" rooms are, and a larger area with a higher roof which I assume is where the "shop" is. I'm not sure where that "office" room is located but probably right off the living area. 

BTW, there is what looks like a nicely finished large walk-in closet in the master bedroom. The building is an odd choice for a large family home, and the kitchen is kind of basic, but overall the place isn't beat-up or run-down.

I think this was probably the only place they could afford in that area that would come near to meeting their needs. Away from nosy neighbors, with room for David's print shop. IIRC they paid just under $160K or $170K for it. I saw the RE listing, which promoted it as a place you could carry on your business without "restrictions." 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

There is what looks like quite a large room, with a checkerboard vinyl floor, that may have been used as an office. The discussion on reddit was, and I agree, that they could use that as the girls' bedroom. Think, the girls' dorm in the TTH.

The building isn't just one huge barn like building. It has a "wing" with a lower roofline which I think is where the "residential" rooms are, and a larger area with a higher roof which I assume is where the "shop" is. I'm not sure where that "office" room is located but probably right off the living area. 

BTW, there is what looks like a nicely finished large walk-in closet in the master bedroom. The building is an odd choice for a large family home, and the kitchen is kind of basic, but overall the place isn't beat-up or run-down.

I think this was probably the only place they could afford in that area that would come near to meeting their needs. Away from nosy neighbors, with room for David's print shop. IIRC they paid just under $160K or $170K for it. I saw the RE listing, which promoted it as a place you could carry on your business without "restrictions." 

How did they come up with $160,000 when no one works???

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course David has to have space for his printing "job". Ridiculous, 2 bedrooms and one bath for all those people. Maybe if they actually worked they could have gotten an extra bedroom. 

• Love 8