Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, not just a box of Swiss Miss. I did think that maybe hot chocolate is a rare thing in their house and maybe is a favorite of that child (I don't know their names that well), so as a treat she got her own box. Still, as you said they could have gotten a nice gift packed one. 

Sure Jill. 

Hot chocolate child will have to drink her gift in the crowded RV in front of her hungry brothers and sisters. If she shares, which she will be guilted into doing, her gift vanishes in fifteen minutes. At least toothbrush child gets to keep the gift. 

I'm curious what non-sharable gifts Jill got for Christmas. We'll probably find out soon. Jill can't resist bragging about herself. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think the burnt stuff in the pan and on the ham might just be some kind of glaze. Or maybe she tried to do a plexus glaze? 

I choked on my coffee at plexus glaze. Haha

Pumpkin Plexus glaze perhaps? Doubt Jill sold out of that flavor.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Wow, the hair on all the older girls look completely fried.  Not sure why Jill felt the need to brag about their unappetizing looking christmas dinner.  Outside the overcooked ham, everything else was in the same color family.  Not a green vegetable to be seen.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Not a green vegetable to be seen.

Well, there were razor-thin slices of pineapple there. I guess everyone got one piece. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Has this link been shared yet? It's titled Nathan Keller and Nurie Rodrigues Engagement, but the first couple of minutes are scripted facts about the Jesus loving Rods. And then, as Nurie gets engaged she screams, precariously puts on the ring over a body of water and looks at her mom - yes, her mom and not the man she's marrying.

4 minutes in and I need to quit.

i skimmed midway and it is Nathan and Nurie trying to talk while some random kid is bamming out piano practice in the background,

but the power point pics in the last few minutes are a hoot, nathan and nurie posing with "my hero quadriplegic amy" all captioned. in true JRod style

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

There's a black and white photo in the slideshow of the newly betrothed that looks like it's straight out of Dust Bowl Oklahoma.

I had started to dip my toe in the Duggars waters through this forum.  But the Rodrigues family.......wow.  I am all in.  Thanks all for catching me up on these whack-a-doos!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Those girls need a good face wash, tailored clothes, and a clue. I'm guessing they don't have mirrors wherever they live in at the present.

Edited by Chicklet
The hair..I just can't even.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I'm looking at these photos just a bit perplexed...I know we've seen plenty of pictures of the girls looking almost as gaunt as prison camp refugees, and Jill, for all her Plexus cannot make the extra makeup make her look like one of their contemporaries, but try as I might, between whatever filters are being used, and Jill's strategic  use of wedging herself between a couple of other girls to shave off a few inches on either side, I can't honestly find anything heinous, or even particularly obvious to snark on. They all managed to photograph quite well on all of these pictures to my eye. Maybe a trifle dated, but since that's kind of my decade of choice as well, not unattractive. Just shoot me now, I guess! LOL

• Love 8

Libraries contains knowledge that doesn’t come from the approved bible. Things like books, tv shows, the Internet, school are a big no-no. They don’t want their kids expose to anything they don’t approve of. It’s one of the many ways to control them.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 8

The R Family watches TV.  Jill has mentioned before that they own a lot of Disney DVD's and she plays them on trips to keep the kids occupied.  She's also shown pictures of David laying back in his recliner watching sports on their home TV, when they still had a home.  I'm sure Jill has to approve everything they watch, but they've watched plenty of TV.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Why does Jilly get to wear a just-below-the-knee modern modest skirt while her young daughters wear ankle-length or almost ankle-length ugly skirts? (Rhetorical question here. The answer is because that goddamn bitch can't stand having anyone take attention away from her, even her own children.) 

• Love 10

8 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Do you know why Jilly wears so much makeup? She thinks that she is the new Tammy Faye Baker. 

Jilly's gotta up her game a little to match Tammy Faye's full glory.

I can't resist sharing my favorite Jim and Tammy Faye picture again because seriously WTF. 

1638504011_JimandTammyFaye1.thumb.jpg.39362538e8372de0ae018c5c262c9fdb.jpg

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Jilly's gotta up her game a little to match Tammy Faye's full glory.

I can't resist sharing my favorite Jim and Tammy Faye picture again because seriously WTF. 

1638504011_JimandTammyFaye1.thumb.jpg.39362538e8372de0ae018c5c262c9fdb.jpg

That photo just exemplifies the 1980s. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Renee looks like Michelle Duggar

They all look like Michelle Duggar. The blonde one (the 80s mom) thinks she looks like Goldie Hawn.

I now hate denim AND Skechers. (And I don't actually know who these Vice Duggars are.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Was it Hideous Old Lady Clothes Day for Spirit Week at school? That girl has pockets on the bottom of her ankle length skirt. Convenient to fill with pennies that double as lunch money and an anchor for modesty. Just kidding. I know school is full of evil, well-nourished kids who wear shoes with laces. I’m sure they’re very thankful for the education they received at the Rodriguez School of Fold-Out TV Tray in the Corner Academy.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

Was it Hideous Old Lady Clothes Day for Spirit Week at school? That girl has pockets on the bottom of her ankle length skirt. Convenient to fill with pennies that double as lunch money and an anchor for modesty. Just kidding. I know school is full of evil, well-nourished kids who wear shoes with laces. I’m sure they’re very thankful for the education they received at the Rodriguez School of Fold-Out TV Tray in the Corner Academy.

OMG ~ I went back and looked! I thought you were making that up! She DOES have pockets on the bottom of her ankle length skirt. How... um... convenient?

• LOL 10
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

The difference is Tammy Faye for all her faults, was not a judgemental bitch. She extended the hand of friendship to everyone. They gay community adored her. She hugged people with AIDS. She sat down and had a conversation with Ron Jeremy for goodness sake! Imagine Jill doing that!

I don't deny she had her good points. But she still looked like a fucking clown.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
Just now, Zella said:

I don't deny she had her good points. But she still looked like a fucking clown.

She was always over the top. I think it covered a lot of insecurities. Now Jim Bakker would get a long with Jill. He is pretty bad.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She was always over the top. I think it covered a lot of insecurities. Now Jim Bakker would get a long with Jill. He is pretty bad.

I can see that with her. Jim has a new compound near Blue Eye, Missouri close to the Arkansas border. I've driven through it a couple of times, and it's got a weird, creepy vibe.

I say new--it's been there awhile.

• Useful 3
Just now, Zella said:

I can see that with her. Jim has a new compound near Blue Eye, Missouri close to the Arkansas border. I've driven through it a couple of times, and it's got a weird, creepy vibe.

Their son Jay, has a church. I believe its called Revolution. They are all inclusive and do same sex marriages. I follow him on FB and have read a couple of his books. He was very close to his mother and has barely a relationship with his dad as you can imagine.

Jill might make up like Tammy but she wouldn't go near her.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The difference is Tammy Faye for all her faults, was not a judgemental bitch. She extended the hand of friendship to everyone. They gay community adored her. She hugged people with AIDS. She sat down and had a conversation with Ron Jeremy for goodness sake! Imagine Jill doing that!

Yes, I know. The makeup and all was more than a bit much. But I'm down with this:

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I also have a soft spot for Tammy Faye. Bad makeup and all. You know that thing where you imagine sitting down to dinner with a few people from history? I think I'd include Tammy Faye in the guest list. I'm not into message T shirts but if I'd ever owned this one I might still have it: 

86504326_tammyfayecopy.jpg.64500e4c29b67360c6f09e7cae82b2fd.jpg

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I didn’t even notice the pockets on the bottom of the skirt! Haha wtf?!

• Love 2

An announcement from Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell and John Maxwell. Their second child is due in June. Their first baby was born January 2019, so these kids will be about 16/17 months apart.  Her "sis in love" Sarah Maxwell took the pictures.

Chelsy is the oldest Bontrager child and she will be 29 in a month. She's married to John Maxwell, one of the reversals, who will also be 29 next month.  

Both the Maxwells and the Bontragers are good friends of the Duggars. The Bontragers have 4 grandchildren and two on the way. Their son Joshua Bontrager and his wife Cassidy are expecting their second child sometime late spring. The Maxwells have 15 14 grandchildren with 3 more on the way. Elissa and Joseph Maxwell are expecting their third at the end of January.  Anna Marie and Christopher Maxwell are expecting #6 in February. 

John and Chelsy's second wedding anniversary is tomorrow. The announcement was made on Chelsy's blog Chelsy Renee. 

Edited by Temperance
wrong number
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Another child born into Max-hell. Sigh. 

I wonder if they are going to marry off the other two girls or if Stevehovah will keep them under his umbrella. Can't have them tasting Pepsi!

Sarah will never get to marry as long as Stevehovah is alive. She may end up like the younger daughters of George III. Only allowed to marry once their father couldn't consent. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Now Jim Bakker would get a long with Jill. He is pretty bad.

I think those two narcissists would fight for the alpha dog spot.

I don't know if Jim ended up with any money after his "problems," but he is on TV now selling survival rations for the apocalypse, so he might be building up some wealth. JillR could definitely be onboard to pose as a sweet helpmeet if enough jewelry and clothes were involved. 

• Love 8