Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Wooster is a small town/city with about 25,000 residents.  Wooster College has a couple thousand students and the OSU branch there has maybe a thousand; so there is a fairly significant percentage of the population of the town attending those institutions and plenty more who are employed there. 

Of course, there are several educational institutions in and around Charleston, WVa where they live currently and it hasn't led any of the Rodriguii to pursue higher education except Timmy, who we suspect is struggling at his second college in as many years.  Wonder if he is perhaps going to transfer to the College of Wooster.  OSU's branch is virtually all agricultural studies so he isn't likely to want to go there.  Also, Ohio State has a pretty decent academic reputation and they do not admit all comers, I don't know that Timmy with his degree from JRod High, would qualify for acceptance.  They accept just a little over half of all applicants which is fairly selective for a state school.

Yeah, I know. Used to live quite near there. I was joking! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Jill needs to give up her Plexus career,as she herself says the verses'kinda blow that whole career thing out of the water.'Ok Jill,give it up!

And so should the Duggar and Bates women give up their TLC reality show careers.Kinda blows that outta the water,doesn't it,Jill?

Actually the verse says nothing about women having careers.That's all Jill added.

And it says the HUSBAND should be the provider of the family.So give up the grifting and get a job,David!

Have I hit a NERVE yet,JIll?

I think we can all agree that Jillybean wears the pants in that family. David is whipped.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Forgive my language, but that woman is a fucking bitch.

Nothing to forgive

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I think we can all agree that Jillybean wears the pants in that family. David is whipped.

Indeed

• Love 9

Oh Jill, your chronological age might be 40-something, but you have a lot to learn about the world.  If it weren't for people "sinning" as you so eloquently stated, you would not have the right to be the judgmental, sexist, classless, gussied-up bitch that you are.   Be grateful for those who have gone against the grain.  You can throw out verses left and right, but that will never change or hide your true colors.  You spend your days hiding behind the bible, which is why you shill that Plexus shit.  Newsflash!  It's not working.

• Love 7

I'm sure the trans woman in the bad Olive Garden thought Jill was sweet and loving when she reported her to the police for peeing. Peeing in a bathroom.

I'm sure all the folks Jill called out for telling her to abort Janessa (I know they're imaginary, just stay with me) think Jill is sweet and loving.

I'm sure all the tank top wearing females Nuri ran across during her mission trip thought Jill was sweet and loving when to referred to them as sluttish.

No judgment there, just sweet & loving, Bible living, Christianity. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure the trans woman in the bad Olive Garden thought Jill was sweet and loving when she reported her to the police for peeing. Peeing in a bathroom.

I'm sure all the folks Jill called out for telling her to abort Janessa (I know they're imaginary, just stay with me) think Jill is sweet and loving.

I'm sure all the tank top wearing females Nuri ran across during her mission trip thought Jill was sweet and loving when to referred to them as sluttish.

No judgment there, just sweet & loving, Bible living, Christianity. 

Please tell me this didn't really happen...of course it did. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
Oh, who am I kidding?
4 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Please tell me this didn't really happen...of course it did. 

It did happen. Or at least JillR said it happened. 

Supposedly Jill used the ladies' room the same time as a trans woman. Jill couldn't get out of there fast enough. Fortunately for Jill a cop was nearby and apologized to Jill for what she just went through.

Of course this story was told during all the hype about where folks were "allowed" to pee.

So who truly knows if there's any truth to it. JillR has a very lively imagination and persecuted existence.

• Love 10

I am thankful that Jill R puts out there her awful beliefs so that society can clearly see what they stand for. I’m pretty sure that the Duggars have those same exact beliefs that they are masking with picky eater videos, gardening and organization posts, gender reveals, and family night. The Duggars are infinitely more dangerous because they have money and a platform.  

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

As a godless heathen, apparently I am behind on murdering people. I can think of a few people to add to my list...

[I am not actually advocating murdering anyone, but if Jill can use hyperbole, so can I]

In order to be a true Heathen, one must off at least two people before lunch every day. I wiped out a pastor, a small child, and a pregnant woman in a long denim skirt on my way to work this morning. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
Just now, Heathen said:

In order to be a true Heathen, one must off at least two people before lunch every day. I wiped out a pastor, a small child, and a pregnant woman in a long denim skirt on my way to work this morning. 

Well shit, I can't make it in the Fundy world or the Heathen world. What's a girl to do?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

well Jill has just seriously limited the places she can grift for Nurie's wedding.

it is down to the hardline fundies and they seem to mostly have no use for the JRods.

all those churches/folks who suffer their singing and feed their kids might offer their small church for a wedding. but I doubt it's going to be a duggar or bates type wedding for Nurie.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

well Jill has just seriously limited the places she can grift for Nurie's wedding.

it is down to the hardline fundies and they seem to mostly have no use for the JRods.

all those churches/folks who suffer their singing and feed their kids might offer their small church for a wedding. but I doubt it's going to be a duggar or bates type wedding for Nurie.

It will probably be like Josh and Anna’s where the church ladies cook and provide all of the food pot luck style and the church provides, well, the church. Apparently Nurie already has her dress and will probably wear shoes she already has.  Or borrow a pair from someone else. Jill, as her matron of honor and cosmetology certificate holder, will do Nurie’s hair and nails. And possibly makeup.  So the only REAL expenses I can see are flowers and a photographer, which she can possibly grift or provide free advertising in exchange for services. She does have a “presence” on SM after all...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Of course, Jilly's screed rests on the premises that the Christian bible is the literal word of the only possible god (if there is a god), that the wording of the version that Jilly uses is the only correct one, and that the interpretations Jilly offers to the verses she chooses are without error.  

If the premises are in question, the argument is faulty, no matter how loudly she shouts. Even if she is preaching to other Christians, her narrow interpretations, which she has never questioned or even thought about, are open to argument.

Her rant gets angrier and more emoji-heavy as it builds steam. Someone must have really gotten to her. Maybe Ohio isn't what she expected. Maybe Tim's semester didn't finish very well. With the queen of persecution, it could be anything. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Nathan dumped Nurie? 😮

Oh, my. Jill would murder him. So much for Thou Shalt Not Kill. 

Maybe the residents of the town of Wooster are already complaining about the Rodrigueses' aggressive proselytizing, sunken-faced kids handing out bible tracts as tips for food they didn't get to eat, Jilly's grifting and dealmaking, and whatever else the offensive Rods have managed to do during their visits. Tim's having trouble in school is a real possibility too as the fall semester is wrapping up. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

My guess is that BSC JRod is being shut down consistently in her attempts to grift Jill 2.0/Nurie (which still is not a name) the Fundie Wedding of the Century. Hence the hysterical defensiveness.

OTOH, if Nathan saw the psychotic writing on the BSC wall and ran...who could blame him?

• Love 10

Jeremiah 4:30 King James Version (KJV)

“30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.”

Oh Jill. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, projectchristmas said:

Wait- isn’t that female realtor working in a career??!!!

It's not a career if you call it a ministry . Maybe the woman is selling houses for Jesus and pushing tracs on people together with the needed paperwork for a sale . 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D4BF8284-C1A9-4482-A5CE-B3DCC21C0223.jpeg

CD884C7D-4D44-45F2-8EC6-66DF623DDD99.jpeg

I'd really like to know how the Rods qualify for a mortgage.  He is self-employed with a lucrative printing business out of his garage.  I can't imagine Jill brings in that much shelling Plexus (or whatever it's called.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'd really like to know how the Rods qualify for a mortgage.  He is self-employed with a lucrative printing business out of his garage.  I can't imagine Jill brings in that much shelling Plexus (or whatever it's called.) 

Do we know that they have a mortgage on their new house?  This post was about the sale of their WV house.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I hate to say but Jill looks great in that picture. Not so made up and over the top. David continues to look unfortunate. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7