Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

This sure looks like their West Virginia family room, and like they haven't packed up their nick-nacks!   ETA: I just looked back deeper into the Rod's Instagram and this is definitely their WVa home.

So, Jilly was lying when she said they'd moved out and were staying in a hotel pending the move?  Shocking!

4 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

Definitely not (and Kaylee). Renee appears to be a lot like Nurie and looks for moms attention by being VERY obedient. Not sure about the boys. Poor Gabriel still doesn't have braces. I know Tim had them so it would be terrible if he didn't get them  Phillip has not had his spaces too teeth fixed and he's pretty old.  

I wonder if the fundie orthodontist who fixed the older kids' teeth for free has retired, moved away or simply had enough of Jill and her grifting.  If JRod and chubby hubby have to pay for orthodontia, it ain't happening.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

So, Jilly was lying when she said they'd moved out and were staying in a hotel pending the move?  Shocking!

I wonder if the fundie orthodontist who fixed the older kids' teeth for free has retired, moved away or simply had enough of Jill and her grifting.  If JRod and chubby hubby have to pay for orthodontia, it ain't happening.

I’m pretty sure Jilly said they were in a motel while house shopping. But she didn’t say they’d already moved out.
What I want to know is when/where did she say they’re moving to Ohio? 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Has it occurred to anyone that Timothy may have borrowed that car? 

Yes. IIRC Tim has been befriended by those fundie pilots so maybe one of them loaned him a car to go home for a visit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Is anyone watching or is there a spot for discussing the latest TLC family “Welcome to Plathville”?  I’m finding it far more interesting to watch them try to deal with the loss of control over their older kids who (except for apparently the two oldest daughters) seem far less interested in continuing to follow the parents restrictive upbringing where they have no access to outside friends, education, interests (even church) or things like sugar! There are so many oddities in their parents thought processes I can’t wrap my head around it.  The younger girls seem to be required to wear modest dresses but mom doesn’t.  When oldest son marries (what seems to be a perfectly nice, Christian girl) who introduces him to a regular church, TV and sugar, the two of them are forbidden from being around his siblings under 16 unless the parents are present.  Nurie R. was a bridesmaid at their oldest daughters wedding, so there must be some connection between these families for them to have formed that friendship, but with both parents working (dad has a regular job outside the home), they aren’t grifters like the Rs. 

Watched with daughter in law.  We wondered if these people are for real!  How do they think they are going to control all those children if they let them experience the outside world, short of locking them up!  Really interesting.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I’m pretty sure Jilly said they were in a motel while house shopping. But she didn’t say they’d already moved out.
What I want to know is when/where did she say they’re moving to Ohio? 

End of October on Instagram.  She posted photos of the bunch of them swimming fully clothed in the motel pool and she said they were staying at a motel while househunting in Ohio.  Go back about 20 pages on this thread to right around Halloween and you'll find it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Watched with daughter in law.  We wondered if these people are for real!  How do they think they are going to control all those children if they let them experience the outside world, short of locking them up!  Really interesting.

Watched a YouTube from “without a crystal ball” and she claims to have had a 2 hour phone interview with the daughter-in-law Olivia. Super interesting if true.  Olivia, who has such a poor relationship with Ethan’s mother, says it’s gone on since long before they married.  Apparently their families met at a super fundy camp put on by the Pearl family when she was a teen and as they were all fundy, Kim approved of her (although she wasn’t too enamored with Ethan when he first had a crush on her).  But she and her mother left camp pretty horrified with the extreme views of the Pearls and eventually after some soul searching her entire family left the fundy life for a mainstream Christian church and life.  She and Ethan continued to stay in contact and eventually their relationship developed.  Only now Kim wasn’t in favor of her as she sees her as instrumental in helping to remove her family from those beliefs, and as such, believes she’s possessed by demons or the devil.  This is the ‘bad influence’ they fear she will spread to their younger children and why they cannot trust her around them without the parents present – Kim thinks she possessed.  The parents think it’s too late to save Ethan, Micah and Moriah from her influence.  There’s also a very nice video of Ethan and Olivia’s wedding on youtube, which helped me see him in a bit of a different light than the extreme immaturity he seems to show on the Plathville show.  I now think much of that is just nerves and lack of experience and confidence. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I hope a really liberal family buys the Rod home,since they can't discriminate.

Then I hope they show if off on SM;public schooling for the kids,tank tops n shorts,disco balls n lots of retro 'dirty dancing' from the 80's.LOL.

Maybe they can even add a pool,w lots of bikini's around it.lol

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Has it occurred to anyone that Timothy may have borrowed that car? 

I remembered something about Timothy getting a new/different vehicle after he moved to Wisconsin. He bought a used truck. Borrowing the red car is probably right, maybe to save on fuel or maybe the truck wouldn't survive the drive from Wisconsin to West Virginia and back again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Triple P said:

I remembered something about Timothy getting a new/different vehicle after he moved to Wisconsin. He bought a used truck. Borrowing the red car is probably right, maybe to save on fuel or maybe the truck wouldn't survive the drive from Wisconsin to West Virginia and back again.

After watching all those creepy hostage homeschooling videos, there is no way in the world do I believe Timothy wrote any of that post. The kid is barely literate when he speaks. That's allllllll Jill in that post. 

I think Jill likes to post pictures with her sisters so people will notice she's "the pretty one." 

11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Maybe. But isn't Pris older than Anna? That may play into it.

Pris is only two years older than Anna. The largest gap Pris and Pecan have had was between Davia and Phillip I believe. They seem to be making up for lost time now. 

Which reminds me, gotta go check up on the Shraders. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Pris is only two years older than Anna. The largest gap Pris and Pecan have had was between Davia and Phillip I believe. They seem to be making up for lost time now. 

Which reminds me, gotta go check up on the Shraders. 

Esther's still pregnant, last I read. Of course, Shrader doesn't say much about her; it's all about him and his never-ending woes.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Of, not if!
  • LOL 4
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Wow such bad teeth. Guess Jill’s parents didn’t grift some braces.

Kaylee smile is so fake it’s painful to watch.

The teeth remind me of what might happen if a Maxwell female reproduced with a man with similarly Austin Powers-like teeth. 

You're right about Kaylee's smile. I feel worse for her than any other R kid. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, christine falls said:

The last 12 (and next 2) Keller grandkids are following a pattern. 

Esther, Priscilla, Anna, Repeat. 

image.png.8ecc4e16196265b8d66e670f4780efd9.png

Yes I have a spreadhseet, it makes it easier to keep all the fundies straight. 😄 

You might as well write in Ofsmuggar's seventh now. M Duggar, fall 2021. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Makaylah Duggar 

Malachi Duggar 

Twins due in 2021 🤣

The twin trope coming up often always makes me wonder how much longer until one of them caves in and gets Clomid to better their chances at multiples. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I have never seen so many unattractive people at one time.

This is my first post. I hope it doesn't sound too unkind, but I have wondered for a while if there is some inbreeding in David Rodrigues family background. The misaligned eyes and ears, prominent protruding teeth with huge gap, odd body shape etc all made me wonder if he might have come from a close knit or small, secluded community of some kind with a very small gene pool. He really is an unfortunate looking man and I know he can't help how his features look. I hope that doesn't sound too mean.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that Snuggles is still alive. 

Or that they haven't sold Snuggles.I think they sold the cat for $10 when they went to rv full time

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Kewpie said:

This is my first post. I hope it doesn't sound too unkind, but I have wondered for a while if there is some inbreeding in David Rodrigues family background. The misaligned eyes and ears, prominent protruding teeth with huge gap, odd body shape etc all made me wonder if he might have come from a close knit or small, secluded community of some kind with a very small gene pool. He really is an unfortunate looking man and I know he can't help how his features look. I hope that doesn't sound too mean.

What's odd is he was a fairly nice looking young man. Somewhere here there is a wedding picture of both of them. He was not movie star handsome by any means but still nice looking.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What's odd is he was a fairly nice looking young man. Somewhere here there is a wedding picture of both of them. He was not movie star handsome by any means but still nice looking.

DRod was an averagely handsome guy as a youngster.  Not gorgeous but not hard on the eyes like he is now.  I think perhaps he has morphed over time and now his exterior matches the ugly stuff on the inside.

I don't think he has any sort of genetic syndrome, though.  I think he comes from a family where everyone has some sort of unattractive physical feature like most of us do; and he won the genetic lottery and got the worst traits all combined into one unattractive package.

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

DRod was an averagely handsome guy as a youngster.  Not gorgeous but not hard on the eyes like he is now.  I think perhaps he has morphed over time and now his exterior matches the ugly stuff on the inside.

I don't think he has any sort of genetic syndrome, though.  I think he comes from a family where everyone has some sort of unattractive physical feature like most of us do; and he won the genetic lottery and got the worst traits all combined into one unattractive package.

I wonder whether Jill, somehow, managed to get or grift braces for herself when she was younger...I don't think any of the Rod kids have teeth which don't either have Shrek's gap or the buck teeth that at least a couple of Jill's sisters have. I don't really know how many sisters she has or which I've seen pictures of, but the overbite seems to be a thing as I remember. 

Since it seems it would be difficult to have both a huge gap between your front teeth and a severe overbite (if I try to picture it, I get something like Jeff Dunham's redneck puppet), it would be nice if some of the kids managed to inherit both in that there would be enough extra space between the front teeth that the two biggest ones in front could come in straight. But that doesn't mean I want them to keep having kids to test that possibility!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yeah, he looked pretty decent in his wedding photos!  The years have not been kind. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yeah, he looked pretty decent in his wedding photos!  The years have not been kind. 

I generally don't want to look at him long enough to figure it out, but are his teeth janky in alignment?  Thinking maybe (a), he never had braces; (b), maybe the teeth grew worse over time, warping his face further into the "Duhhhh" expression??  Granted I have reasonably good teeth so don't know a lot about braces in general; but wouldn't the gap have narrowed if he had had them?

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I generally don't want to look at him long enough to figure it out, but are his teeth janky in alignment?  Thinking maybe (a), he never had braces; (b), maybe the teeth grew worse over time, warping his face further into the "Duhhhh" expression??  Granted I have reasonably good teeth so don't know a lot about braces in general; but wouldn't the gap have narrowed if he had had them?

He's got such a wide gap in his front teeth and so many other pronounced misaligned teeth, I'd be surprised if he ever wore braces.  But most people who have had braces in the past have to wear a retainer continuously for anywhere from a few months or a year after.  Then they wear a retainer at night for how often their orthodontist recommends.  Maybe every night, maybe only twice a week.

The "Duhhhh" expression might be his normal expression, or maybe he defaults to that whenever Jill and a camera is present.

A poster on FJ swears that a friend of hers saw the family not too long ago at a pizza parlor in Ohio.  The timing is right because Jill said they were in Ohio during that time and they went out to pizza.

The only thing I remember about the sighting is that the poster mentioned that the whole family huddled together to order their pizza, and the kids didn't acknowledge the people waiting in line around them.  I don't recall a mention of the kids being fearful or anything like that, but it sounded more like the kids had surrounded themselves in a bubble and didn't appear to want any kind of interaction with anyone else.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

He's got such a wide gap in his front teeth and so many other pronounced misaligned teeth, I'd be surprised if he ever wore braces.  But most people who have had braces in the past have to wear a retainer continuously for anywhere from a few months or a year after.  Then they wear a retainer at night for how often their orthodontist recommends.  Maybe every night, maybe only twice a week.

The "Duhhhh" expression might be his normal expression, or maybe he defaults to that whenever Jill and a camera is present.

A poster on FJ swears that a friend of hers saw the family not too long ago at a pizza parlor in Ohio.  The timing is right because Jill said they were in Ohio during that time and they went out to pizza.

The only thing I remember about the sighting is that the poster mentioned that the whole family huddled together to order their pizza, and the kids didn't acknowledge the people waiting in line around them.  I don't recall a mention of the kids being fearful or anything like that, but it sounded more like the kids had surrounded themselves in a bubble and didn't appear to want any kind of interaction with anyone else.

I am sure that Jill has thoroughly indoctrinated her kids and they are afraid of anyone who is not just like them.  I would also expect there are consequences if any of them step out of line and interact with the general public, even just chatting with someone on line at the pizza place.  That is how abusive parents keep their kids in check and prevent them from reaching out for help.  They make the kids think that they, the parents, are the only answer and that asking for outside help will only make things worse for them.

We've already seen that Jill does virtually all the talking for them in the videos she makes and we strongly suspect that she writes a lot of the posts she claims were written by them.  I don't think those kids are ever allowed to speak without Mama's approval.  And Mama will never give her approval to speaking to outsiders.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

She is?

I myself was thinking how much some of the dark Rodlets look like Aunt Not-Amy.

2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I am sure that Jill has thoroughly indoctrinated her kids and they are afraid of anyone who is not just like them.  I would also expect there are consequences if any of them step out of line and interact with the general public, even just chatting with someone on line at the pizza place.  That is how abusive parents keep their kids in check and prevent them from reaching out for help.  They make the kids think that they, the parents, are the only answer and that asking for outside help will only make things worse for them.

We've already seen that Jill does virtually all the talking for them in the videos she makes and we strongly suspect that she writes a lot of the posts she claims were written by them.  I don't think those kids are ever allowed to speak without Mama's approval.  And Mama will never give her approval to speaking to outsiders.

Plus, I wouldn't put it past Jill or David to embarrass the kids with covert or overt disapproval, if someone in line around them at the pizza place is dropping F-bombs or similar.  Can't you imagine them lecturing the offender?  The kids are probably on high alert, lest they be required to at any moment agree that yes, it is appalling how short that girl's skirt was and how trampy the females are dressed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

The poster said that one significant thing she noticed was that no one in the family was happy, happy, happy like they appear to be on IG/FB/videos, which tells me that, irl, these people are probably miserable.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, christine falls said:

The last 12 (and next 2) Keller grandkids are following a pattern. 

Esther, Priscilla, Anna, Repeat. 

image.png.8ecc4e16196265b8d66e670f4780efd9.png

Yes I have a spreadhseet, it makes it easier to keep all the fundies straight. 😄 

That's for the info! I had no idea Prissy is pregnant. 

• Love 1