Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell may never top the swimming pool post last summer. (Evil woman defrauding men by swimming in bikini in her own yard). But he comes close this week. 

Motivated vs unmotivated

Teri and I were being checked out at a local supermarket, and I had begun chatting with the bagger while he worked. “Where are you headed with your life?” I asked.

“I’m going to be a graphic designer,” he responded.

“Great,” I continued. “How will you prepare?”

“I already have a degree in graphic design.”

“Super. Do you want to give me your phone number in the event I find something you might be interested in?”

“Actually, I’m not looking for a job.”

Here was a man who appeared satisfied with bagging groceries as “fill-in” work when he could be working full-time and developing professional skills. I was amazed at the “appearance” of his lack of motivation. I am looking forward to speaking with him next time I see him and what I might learn from him.

Have your children learned how rewarding it is to be diligent workers, accomplish things, and strive for greater skills? Oh, how good that feels. Yet, to the unmotivated person, the idea of work (and learning) might be a good reason for a nap until that idea is gone.

Much of life is about perspective and options. Establish the frame of mind in your home that work and developing skills is good. Please don’t make readily available things that are a waste of precious time.

If you have an unmotivated child, I’d love to hear your thoughts on what factors led to this outcome.

“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men” (Proverbs 22:29).

Steve

Because what could possibly go wrong at giving your phone number to some  random elderly man since he promises to give you a job? Hey Steve, does that mean your daughters should give their phone numbers out to men who promise to find them husbands?

I wish that employee was a little quicker on that first question.  It reminds me of what happened to my brother-in-law after my dad's funeral.  He was only dating my sister at the time when my Uncle Frank** cornered him in the kitchen to ask about his Intentions.  Future BIL responds, "I intend to get another beer."  Unfortunately for BIL, that was the opening Uncle Frank needed to have a whole hours long conversation with him about marriage, life, etc, etc, etc.  I felt bad for BIL, but the Uncle Frank experience is a rite of passage and a great test to see if a guy is in it for the long haul.  

On a side note, I would love to see Uncle Frank go up against Steve or any of these blowhards.  It would be very entertaining as long as we get snacks and beer. 

**Frank is my mother's BIL and no relation to my father. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wish that employee was a little quicker on that first question.  It reminds me of what happened to my brother-in-law after my dad's funeral.  He was only dating my sister at the time when my Uncle Frank** cornered him in the kitchen to ask about his Intentions.  Future BIL responds, "I intend to get another beer."  Unfortunately for BIL, that was the opening Uncle Frank needed to have a whole hours long conversation with him about marriage, life, etc, etc, etc.  I felt bad for BIL, but the Uncle Frank experience is a rite of passage and a great test to see if a guy is in it for the long haul.  

On a side note, I would love to see Uncle Frank go up against Steve or any of these blowhards.  It would be very entertaining as long as we get snacks and beer. 

**Frank is my mother's BIL and no relation to my father. 

I have an uncle like that and I would breathe fire if he treated my boyfriend or BIL like that. 

Topic: Steve is a jerk. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I noticed that the comments are still turned off on CrazyJill's Intagram page. I soooo wanted to add a comment to her post along the lines of, "Come off it, Jill. We know that the only one allowed near a Chick-Fil-A is your overfed husband, not your malnourished children."

Jill's comments are always off. She is terrified of dissent err... persecution.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The bagger should have given Steve a number to a sex line. 

🤣🤣🤣

Not all of us have one of those within our immediate recall! LOL But how great would it have been if he did that and Steve immediately recognized that he'd been given a false number!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's comments are always off. She is terrified of dissent err... persecution.

Not always , sometimes she "forgets" to close them. Probably done  on purpose when she wants to feel extra persecuted . 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

The bagger is doing more than David R. as well.David could get full food benefits for his family if he worked just 20 hrs/week.it boggles my mind he won't.I don't agree having more kids than you can afford,but since common sense doesn't prevail in that family,he could at least make sure all the kids are well fed.At only 20 hrs/week,they could still travel on his days off

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If the kids went to school at least they would get 2 meals a day for free. But that would get into their grifting schedule. 

And draw attention from mandated reporters.  

• Love 10

Plus they would get a real education.

All I can say is,if i had THAT many kids...God forbid,I wouldn't...but if I did......they would be in a real school,and my husb. would be working a REAL job,to support his large family,as a REAL(sry Jill) husb.,father and man,should.

If I did homeschool....and I'm not against it,if it's done well...I would choose a liberal curriculum,as I understand there some out there

• Love 5
6 hours ago, sondraK said:

The bagger is doing more than David R. as well.David could get full food benefits for his family if he worked just 20 hrs/week.it boggles my mind he won't.I don't agree having more kids than you can afford,but since common sense doesn't prevail in that family,he could at least make sure all the kids are well fed.At only 20 hrs/week,they could still travel on his days off

I'll never stop being outraged that the Rods think it's totally acceptable to just quit your job and expect endless assistance because you were "called" to a printing ministry. With 13 kids, they could print tracts as a hobby and he could have kept his job.

Speaking of Carlin, she came across as really empty-headed in the most recent episode. She had no idea what her social security number was and incredulously told the camera in a talking head that she has no idea how people memorize so many numbers. Seriously? She is yet another fundie homeschool graduate who says she has NO IDEA how to cook and doesn't even know the names of basic kitchen items. I loved that her fiance pointed out that he was right about what a pan was.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, becca3891 said:

I'll never stop being outraged that the Rods think it's totally acceptable to just quit your job and expect endless assistance because you were "called" to a printing ministry. With 13 kids, they could print tracts as a hobby and he could have kept his job.

I wonder if he could make $ with the printing...like maybe contracts to print church bulletins.It sounds like the free printing 'ministry' is just away to appear David is doing something,so he doesn't have to work.

We have a family friend who makes over 100K a year printing prize ribbons for schools,clubs,horse shows,etc.You never know what you can do until you try.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If the kids went to school at least they would get 2 meals a day for free. But that would get into their grifting schedule. 

If anyone hasn't seen this gem of a video on the Jill Rodrigues way of homeschooling, I highly recommend it!  I can't link from YouTube so you need to go to YouTube and search Homeschooling The Rodrigues Family part two.  Here you will get a wonderful insight into the kids' different speech patterns.  And it's cringe worthy to see each child stumble to get out the correct Jill approved talking points on the wonders of homeschooling.

Notice only the boys get desks while the girls get perched on the edge of a bed for their schooling.  They all claim Mama is a great teacher yet Jill admits they all self teach by filling out so many pages of their workbooks daily.  Jill admits this is easy or her.

Keep watching and you will see the famous, long daily chores list they all must do so Jill is free to procreate.

If you are faithful to the end, you will be rewarded by seeing David come into the bedroom, where Jill is taping, with a snack plate heaped up.  Jill admits it is late at night when she made these poor kids memorize their brainwashed homeschooling talking points.

This video is only 3 1/2 years old, and you can see how immature Nurie is, but now she is ready to be married.

• Love 1

OMG. Those kids... They really hate public schools don't they? Actually they are not too fond of Christian schools either. Thank God they are so blessed that they don't have to associate with those ungodly public school heathens. Sheesh. My opinion of that whole family even fell lower than it already was. Jesus Christ... *shake my head*

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

found a video but I think it *has* to be satire. OTOH it would be very well-staged satire. I'm just not sure . . . It's posted by a YouTube account called "Anotnurie Rodrigues" which raises a yellow flag to me. The "official" JillR video account appears to be this one - and these videos aren't included: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSJwXVjI1oYQS72b2O25pg/videos

Here's the homeschooling part 2 video, FWIW:

Just watching the first few minutes is heart-breaking.  What a disservice Jill and David are doing to these children.  If you watch from youtube you can see the comments for now.  Someone said it looks like a hostage video and it does. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I found a video but I think it *has* to be satire. OTOH it would be very well-staged satire. I'm just not sure . . . It's posted by a YouTube account called "Anotnurie Rodrigues" which raises a yellow flag to me. The "official" JillR video account appears to be this one - and these videos aren't included: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSJwXVjI1oYQS72b2O25pg/videos

Though the account this came from does not appear to be Rodrigues-friendly, the videos, sadly, are real. The "Anotnurie Rodrigues" account is only dated from last year, and I remember seeing these videos several years ago. Besides, even if it was staged, where would someone be able to gather so many malnourished-looking Rod-clone children to pull it off?

It does show, though, that as bad as the girls' makeup style is now, they are laying it on with a slightly lighter hand than they were then. When I started watching it, it did, indeed, enter my mind that there was a chance it could be fake, as Nurie and Kaylee were barely recognizable, but there was no doubt, further on, that the boys were, indeed, legitimate Rodriguii.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Though the account this came from does not appear to be Rodrigues-friendly, the videos, sadly, are real. The "Anotnurie Rodrigues" account is only dated from last year, and I remember seeing these videos several years ago. Besides, even if it was staged, where would someone be able to gather so many malnourished-looking Rod-clone children to pull it off?

It does show, though, that as bad as the girls' makeup style is now, they are laying it on with a slightly lighter hand than they were then. When I started watching it, it did, indeed, enter my mind that there was a chance it could be fake, as Nurie and Kaylee were barely recognizable, but there was no doubt, further on, that the boys were, indeed, legitimate Rodriguii.

I agree.  Those teeth and ears are dead giveaways. Those poor children. 

8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, and for helping me figure this out. Wowzer, this is so nuts that I suppose even JillR decided not to keep it on their YT channel. 

• Love 5

Someone said it looks like a hostage video and it does. 

It does.  The three oldest appear, dare I say, slow?  The middle girls are so much brighter, I want to kidnap them!  Sadly, with time, I'm certain they too will develop Nurie's sad affect.  And the make-up, my goodness, the make-up.    

I love how they're all beaten over the head with the "public schools are evil" mantra.  I'd like to ask them, "what are these dangers you would encounter in public school"?  They would have no answer other than to say it's "bad".  If you're going to instill this message in them, at least let them know why.

Nurie and Tim can barely string a cohesive sentence together.  And now Nurie will be teaching her own children very shortly?  Subsequent generations probably won't even be able to speak at all.     

• Love 7
13 hours ago, sondraK said:

I bet the bagger guy doesn't have to pack his kids into a stinky RV and pull out of town on a moment's notice because CPS is investigating again. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, wilsie said:

Just watching the first few minutes is heart-breaking.  What a disservice Jill and David are doing to these children.  If you watch from youtube you can see the comments for now.  Someone said it looks like a hostage video and it does. 

It absolutely does look like a hostage video.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. Those kids... They really hate public schools don't they? Actually they are not too fond of Christian schools either. Thank God they are so blessed that they don't have to associate with those ungodly public school heathens. Sheesh. My opinion of that whole family even fell lower than it already was. Jesus Christ... *shake my head*

Did you note how Nurie made it pretty clear that they're not even allowed to socialize with the church kids who go to ebil public school?  "I imagine they would say that their fellow students are the people they spend the most time with..."

So, Nurie, you "have to imagine" because... they're mutes?  Can't you ask them what they think of public school?  Bless the Rodkids' poor little stunted hearts, JillR probably ushers them away from the half-heathens every Sunday, with a loud judgy stage whisper about their "corrupting influence". 

And then some people don't understand why or how the kids are so sheltered, and speculate about all the (nonexistent) exposure to regular people they've inadvertently managed to get, lol.  Of course not - you were raised normal.  

Also, I've been storing this one aside... Jill, there ain't nobody in the world who believes that every person in a family of 15 magically "forgot" to pack proper swimwear.  Nobody.  Lying is a sin and you know it...

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 16

Wow, I have to say that I am shocked at the Rod kids videos about their gratefulness in homeschooling. They have nothing to really say about it as they all repeat the same platitudes and phrases that they have heard their mother TELL THEM. None of the older children speak properly either. Something is just 'off' with Nurie and Timothy's diction and sentence structure. I really can't believe what I just watched and HEARD. What a dark cluttered place they live(ed) in. Just awful.  Something is MORE OFF with their parents. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

1. Why make a video having your children say they love homeschooling?

2. They say it like they prefer it, yet they have nothing to compare it to.

3. JillR is a special kind of crazy.

The same reason Cathy Dillard hands out shirts to her sons about being hit with wooden spoons -  validation of life choices. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I found a video but I think it *has* to be satire. OTOH it would be very well-staged satire. I'm just not sure . . . It's posted by a YouTube account called "Anotnurie Rodrigues" which raises a yellow flag to me. The "official" JillR video account appears to be this one - and these videos aren't included: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSJwXVjI1oYQS72b2O25pg/videos

I remember seeing this back when it was first done. 

It's heartbreaking. 

Anybody who thinks the Rodrigui should just get over it and move on once they've magically passed the age of 18 or whatever and that they should be held accountable for saying and writing Christian-judgmental sounding things and so on because they're adults now should watch it beginning to end and ask themselves how easily anyone would get past the level of brainwashing that's obviously been practiced on these kids. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, wilsie said:

I wish I hadn’t watched it, only because it upsets me terribly that there’s not a damn thing I can do to help those poor children.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

WHAT THE FUCK.

51 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I saw the first part again. I really heard Timothy’s voice and diction. There is something wrong with that boy. 

Did you notice that he mostly talked about his “wonderful” mother?  Nurie’s facial expressions are identical to Jill’s.  One of the younger boys didn’t even know what grade he was in: “1st”?  No, 4th.  
I’m so f’ing pissed off right now!  For all of the God-talk that family does, where is God in protecting those children from their batshit crazy bitch of a mother?!?!

• Love 5

I hope y'all stick around until the end when Shrek barges into the bedroom with a full plate of food balanced on his belly and Jill exclaims that it's bedtime and he's ready for his "snack." 

YOUR CHILDREN ARE STARVING, LADY!

5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I hope y'all stick around until the end when Shrek barges into the bedroom with a full plate of food balanced on his belly and Jill exclaims that it's bedtime and he's ready for his "snack." 

I tried to watch, but I only made it to the 3rd boy who didn't know what grade he was in before getting so pissed at Jill that I turned it off. 

That's such a Shrek thing to do.

• Love 1
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I tried to watch, but I only made it to the 3rd boy who didn't know what grade he was in before getting so pissed at Jill that I turned it off. 

You didn't miss much besides Jill showing off the "chore list" where it lists which children are responsible for their (and the household's) daily laundry along with all the other household cleaning she and her lazy ass husband aren't doing. Then she moves on to talk about how she homeschools -- and that's when Shrek barged in.

I cannot believe that Timothy is going to be flying planes. He seems profoundly stupid. 

Dear God.  And people thought 70's era hippies living off the grid in buses were crazy?  I'm old enough to remember those days.

That sad video takes it to an insane level.  I am sorry I watched it.  It would be nice if it had been a parody.  So awful for those robotic brainwashed kids.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I remember seeing this back when it was first done. 

It's heartbreaking. 

Anybody who thinks the Rodrigui should just get over it and move on once they've magically passed the age of 18 or whatever and that they should be held accountable for saying and writing Christian-judgmental sounding things and so on because they're adults now should watch it beginning to end and ask themselves how easily anyone would get past the level of brainwashing that's obviously been practiced on these kids. 

I think Jill probably took it off their youtube channel because it shows just how far behind and brainwashed the kids are. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

And Jill said she was going to join her husband for a snack.  I want to know what kind of bedtime snacks those children get, if any.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think someone should definitely report this channel to youtube. I would, but I don't have a youtube account.

I agree with Jynnan that the Rod girls are laying their make-up with a slightly lighter hand and I've been thinking that for a while now.