Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Tim's college intentionally gave him a tainted burrito in hopes the grifting Rodriguii clan would take Tim home and never set foot on campus again. Or maybe Jill's beginning to worry about the cost of the school or Tim's difficulty with the courses, so she's looking for an excuse to bring her wonder boy home and blame it on the ungodliness of others. Of course, her QUADRIPLEGIC SISTER AMY might have arranged the whole nefarious incident just because spoiling queen jill's birthday tributes would be so much fun.  /s

Yes...if they can't grift enough for college,they'll need an excuse for him to leave

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 4

The oldest Plath son from a new TLC family told the story of his mom pulling him aside the day he was married to give marital bed advice. Mixed among the advice was the mom

- uhm wait @ginger90 just posted.

To JillR and her hetero bullshit. You are a SEVERE homophobic ASSHOLE.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There is a married Plath daughter. Nurie Rodrigues as a bridesmaid in her wedding.

Yikes. The oldest daughter, Hosanna I think, isn't on the show, but the rest of the kids are. The second oldest daughter wears Daisy Dukes and sluttish tank tops. I'm shocked that JillR lets her family anywhere near this family.

• Love 7
On 11/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, Normades said:

A lot of money could be made if this was done pay per view.  I know I would give up hard earned money to see Jilly and TFDW sing Culture Club!!  Of course, they have to dress like George.  We know Jilly has enough make up.

It's all your fault that I have been singing Do You Really Want to Hurt me for DAYS!

• LOL 9
On 11/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Her hair looks to have split ends and wispy ends galore.  Would it be sinful to cut it to like, boob length?

On 11/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

I think her hair would look nice in a shorter cut, similar to how it is in the 4th picture (where the majority is down her back).  A foot of split ends really need to be cut off or at least conditioned and evened up. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm thinking of making Nurie a lovely basket of bath stuff and green eyeliner from the Dollar Tree of course. What are you guys gifting?

Better save your money for the "Pamper the Mother of the Bride" Shower!

• LOL 14
  • Love 8

I keep looking at the photos of Nathan and trying to be kind about his looks. I love quirky features better than perfect ones to start with, and we all know my obsessive love for cute little crooky overlaps in teeth, but I can't find any winsome details, just awkward ones...I keep trying to figure out whether as he ages, his face will fill out a bit and gain some kind lines and inherent sweetness (I think sister Pris has that despite not seeming to be the brightest bulb in the box)...But I just keep failing. Mea Culpa. All I keep seeing are those photos you sometimes find from"ugliest dog" contests, where the winner invariably seems to be some sort of Chihuahua mix with a splayed out overbite...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This relationship seems so contrived. I'm not seeing any spark or chemistry. They've just been told this is how it's going down and neither of them has the gumption to object.  I find all the pictures sad and their prospects sad... Everything about this is just so plain and flat and sad.

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

First of all, someone point out to the BSC lady that no one is trying to force her daughter to marry a woman, so just chill a tidge, FFS.

Second, I look at the “happy couple” and their blessings are going to be 83% nose.

Bless their hearts.

At least their chins will cancel each other out

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

As with many men who look a bit goofy when clean-cut, I think Nathan would benefit from the still somewhat trendy mountain man look. Put a beard and some slightly shaggier hair on him, and his nose would be more balanced and his thin mouth not as noticable. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

As with many men who look a bit goofy when clean-cut, I think Nathan would benefit from the still somewhat trendy mountain man look. Put a beard and some slightly shaggier hair on him, and his nose would be more balanced and his thin mouth not as noticable. 

But that would go sooooo against Jill's philosophy of the sort of grooming God loves best. Headship or no, I think she would see that as being on a par with "sluttish" women wearing pants. 

I'm pretty sure I've even seen videos of her putting hairspray on her boys' buzzcuts to ensure that they presented themselves as faithful to God's standards (I forget how she worded it. exactly). I doubt that shaggy hair, or any beard outside of Shrek's tightly manicured goatee would pass muster. And while such a goatee might be a marginal improvement, it might also make him look even more awkward. I can't quite picture it.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What thoughts do these two have when looking into each other's eyes?

Sex within 3 months!

What's her name again?

Oh my God, is this really happening?

I'm going to paint our bedroom pink!

Lay there and think of Jesus!

18 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I already bought their wedding present sex for dummies book. 

I read that as sex toys for dummies 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I keep looking at the photos of Nathan and trying to be kind about his looks. I love quirky features better than perfect ones to start with, and we all know my obsessive love for cute little crooky overlaps in teeth, but I can't find any winsome details, just awkward ones...I keep trying to figure out whether as he ages, his face will fill out a bit and gain some kind lines and inherent sweetness (I think sister Pris has that despite not seeming to be the brightest bulb in the box)...But I just keep failing. Mea Culpa. All I keep seeing are those photos you sometimes find from"ugliest dog" contests, where the winner invariably seems to be some sort of Chihuahua mix with a splayed out overbite...

For me, what throws it off is that his eyes are too close together. 

• Love 1

I’m stuck in their standards being “mostly” hand holding and side hugs. Does that mean the kids wanted to and did kiss at engagement? Ummmhmmm. What’s up with this “mostly”??

Nurie’s hair looks awful. We rag on Jill Duggar for her scraggly hair, but hers looks better than Nurie’s. 

• Love 10
Just now, galaxygirl76 said:

They announced they would stop giving money to organizations like Salvation Army and other anti lgbtq+ groups and focus more on poverty and hunger. It also has what's his face Huckabee's panties all in a bunch. 

Thanks. I don't follow the chicken sandwich shop news carefully. I'm doubly delighted now. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But that would go sooooo against Jill's philosophy of the sort of grooming God loves best. Headship or no, I think she would see that as being on a par with "sluttish" women wearing pants. 

I'm pretty sure I've even seen videos of her putting hairspray on her boys' buzzcuts to ensure that they presented themselves as faithful to God's standards (I forget how she worded it. exactly). I doubt that shaggy hair, or any beard outside of Shrek's tightly manicured goatee would pass muster. And while such a goatee might be a marginal improvement, it might also make him look even more awkward. I can't quite picture it.

Jill would say that it is an HONOR to serve Jesus!  They groom themselves to be a TESTAMENT to the LORD!!!  I've seen that video and she puts half a can of hair spray on everyone's head - even the boys.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They announced they would stop giving money to organizations like Salvation Army and other anti lgbtq+ groups and focus more on poverty and hunger. It also has what's his face Huckabee's panties all in a bunch. 

And with this, my day is made. Namaste.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m stuck in their standards being “mostly” hand holding and side hugs. Does that mean the kids wanted to and did kiss at engagement? Ummmhmmm. What’s up with this “mostly”??

Nurie’s hair looks awful. We rag on Jill Duggar for her scraggly hair, but hers looks better than Nurie’s. 

I want to know what “mostly” means too!  I’m obviously way too involved in this couple’s life. 😒

Edited by farmgal4
Added an o.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I want to know what “mostly” means too!  I’m obviously way too involved in this couple’s life. 😒

The way it was worded, I would guess that she meant that there may have been a side-hug along the line which maybe strayed a mite more toward the front than her standards allowed. Maybe Nurie rested her head on Nathan's shoulder, or he caressed her side during a side-hug in a way that Jill found too close to "intimate touching". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The Washington Post article on this seems less enthusiastic than Jill's rant would suggest. The article says that this looks like a move to win over people (the Popeye's chicken wars) who won't eat at Chick-fil-A because of the company's stance. However, CFA maintains ties with groups like Focus on the Family. Anyway, I'll wait. Still, it brings me joy to see JRod in a tizzy.  Her love of random capital letters and hatred of proper punctuation ramps up when she's mad. 

That my take on it too. Stop actively donating to groups for PR reasons without really changing their official stance. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ed Grimley. Wonder if Nathan is a Wheel of Fortune fan?

((Apologies to Martin Short...he's awesome and funny and has had heartbreak in his life.))

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, drafan said:

Ed Grimley. Wonder if Nathan is a Wheel of Fortune fan?

((Apologies to Martin Short...he's awesome and funny and has had heartbreak in his life.))

Ha! You are right! Oddly enough, though, I always kind of thought that Martin Short was adorable in a very quirky way. Maybe Nathan has his moments. If he ever exhibited a real sense of humor or spark to his personality, he could possibly have a similar charm.

• Love 11

· 5h

Christiana Miller Chick-fil-A is not caving to anyone. they have had multi year commitments to the SA and FCA and those commitments have been met. the company wants to dive deeper into giving towards companies that work more locally with those in need. they have not boycotted the SA or FCA but just removed themselves at the moment. I’ve been to Chick-fil-A corporate office and I’ve met some of the people making these decisions. they are good, Godly people who have a heart to serve. they’re not perfect, but they’re hearts are right. please don’t be so quick to judge. maybe a little patience is in order from all of us who follow Jesus.
#istandwithcfa

· 5h

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues Christiana Miller This is Timothy Rodrigues! We’ve know each other since very young so I say this in Christian love, but please think about it! I do not appreciate you talking like this to my mom!! She is not judging anyone, simply stating the truth! You are in no position to correct your elders, I know because we are not far apart in age! Also biblically we are supposed to respect our elders! I’m sure Chick-fil-A is still doing a lot of good, this is simply a petition to try and keep them on the right course!! If you see something that bothers you on our page please keep it to you self and don’t post it on our page!! Also it is hard to take things from a person that has changed a lot in their personal life! Said in Christian love- Timothy Rodrigues

Couldn't figure out how to link the page, but this is from the David Jill Rodrigues facebook page. Someone tried to talk a bit of sense into Jill, and Timmy decided he had to stand up for her. There's more. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The Washington Post article on this seems less enthusiastic than Jill's rant would suggest. The article says that this looks like a move to win over people (the Popeye's chicken wars) who won't eat at Chick-fil-A because of the company's stance. However, CFA maintains ties with groups like Focus on the Family. Anyway, I'll wait. Still, it brings me joy to see JRod in a tizzy.  Her love of random capital letters and hatred of proper punctuation ramps up when she's mad. 

Yes and I'll wait to hear that the owner stops giving his personal money earned off CFA to these organizations.  

• Love 14